Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... 16:43 - Apr 1 with 4926 viewstheloneranger

"The move allows up to 80% of wages to be covered during football's suspension."

"Swansea say they will top up the remaining 20% so staff retain their full wages "for the immediate future".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52123543

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 07:19 - Apr 2 with 1407 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 18:28 - Apr 1 by Garyjack

Yes footballers are different as they are under contract. By furloughing them their clubs are saying that they can no longer honour that contract. It would be an absolute nightmare for clubs from top to bottom.

Yes, but if all clubs are in the same boat who are they going to transfer to??? Surely a transfer embargo by FIFA in this emergency would put a stop to them trying to take advantage of the coronavirus crisis??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 08:27 - Apr 2 with 1388 viewsMagic_Michu

The tax payer should in no way being made to for the staff of Premier League and Championship clubs (especially premier league)... it’s just immoral that they’re paying players £10,000 a week and up who aren’t doing anything and the generals public are being asked to pay their staff on £500 a week.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 11:07 - Apr 2 with 1333 viewslonglostjack

Players who refuse to take a pay cut of at least 20% should be named and shamed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 12:03 - Apr 2 with 1305 viewsJackSomething

I did a search to see if Gordon Taylor (reputed to be the highest paid union official in the world) has announced he'll be taking a pay cut.

Not only did I not find anything, I can see that he announced in May 2019 that he'd be standing down as PFA Chief Executive after their AGM, yet he's still in post earning his £7m salary? I can't find any news reports explaining why.

Is it any wonder that most players haven't agreed to anything when the head of their union is so out of touch with the real world?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 13:51 - Apr 2 with 1262 viewsCatullus

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 21:09 - Apr 1 by Thebus

No it doesn’t. It’s pointless furloughing players that earn thousands each week.
Also they are under contract and therefore have the right to get paid what they are entitled too.

Well then, what if every club got together and agreed to furlough all playing staff and also agreed not to try to pinch any other teams players during this crisis?

Besides which, any player (or club) that used this crisis for personal gain is a total chunt and should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

We have ordinary working people risking their health, volunteers doing their bit. If these rich players can't do anything to help they don't deserve anything but contempt.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 00:24 - Apr 3 with 1151 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 17:42 - Apr 1 by Garyjack

Because technically they would be putting all the players out of contract. Chaos!

Good way of getting rid of some of the dross robbing a living at our club.
Fcking go for it I say.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 11:52 - Apr 3 with 1060 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 17:48 - Apr 1 by Thebus

If you did that, then after 4 weeks each player could ask to be made redundant and possibly just walk away from the club.

Ok you say they are under contract and have to be paid, I’m under contract I’m not being paid, what’s the difference ?

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 13:54 - Apr 3 with 1020 viewsThebus

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 11:52 - Apr 3 by NotLoyal

Ok you say they are under contract and have to be paid, I’m under contract I’m not being paid, what’s the difference ?

Maybe you should have got your agent to insist you get paid regardless of the situation.
Or it maybe that you aren’t a professional sportsperson and therefore probably could get anyone to do your job.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 16:41 - Apr 3 with 979 viewsLuther27

Coventry, Doncaster and Leyton Orient have put their players on furlough
Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 23:17 - Apr 3 with 920 viewsCatullus

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 13:54 - Apr 3 by Thebus

Maybe you should have got your agent to insist you get paid regardless of the situation.
Or it maybe that you aren’t a professional sportsperson and therefore probably could get anyone to do your job.

Because sports contracts are nore legally binding?

Or are you just making it up as you go along?

PS, we all are

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 03:58 - Apr 4 with 882 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 13:54 - Apr 3 by Thebus

I would say my company would rather they had me than you managing their Northern Europe initiative than you DGT, just an observation based on previous experiences.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 07:20 - Apr 4 with 839 viewsThebus

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 03:58 - Apr 4 by NotLoyal

I would say my company would rather they had me than you managing their Northern Europe initiative than you DGT, just an observation based on previous experiences.

Of course they would because they aren’t paying you.
Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 20:07 - Apr 4 with 782 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 07:20 - Apr 4 by Thebus

Of course they would because they aren’t paying you.

Lovely bloke, as ever.
I don’t need it mate, I’ve done ok trust me and if my and others who are in the position to do so take a hit to maintain lower income jobs then so be it.
But as ever you just snipe from behind the keyboard Mr Warrior.
Pathetic.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 09:43 - Apr 5 with 725 viewsjasper_T

"The league wants players to take a 30% salary cut in order to protect jobs, amid the coronavirus pandemic.

But the union says that equates to more than £500m in wage reductions, and a loss in tax contributions of more than £200m to the UK government."

Meanwhile the owners of the clubs profit. How many PL sides had been planning to spend £20/30/40m in the summer window? Paupers they ain't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692
Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 09:55 - Apr 5 with 718 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 09:43 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

"The league wants players to take a 30% salary cut in order to protect jobs, amid the coronavirus pandemic.

But the union says that equates to more than £500m in wage reductions, and a loss in tax contributions of more than £200m to the UK government."

Meanwhile the owners of the clubs profit. How many PL sides had been planning to spend £20/30/40m in the summer window? Paupers they ain't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52168692

Why should the tax payer pay the wages of backroom staff when the same club is paying players £200,000 a week?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 11:10 - Apr 5 with 684 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 09:55 - Apr 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

Why should the tax payer pay the wages of backroom staff when the same club is paying players £200,000 a week?

Why should the tax payer (which includes PL footballers) pay the wages/furlough costs of any staff at profitable companies then?

An arbitrary cut to player wages only benefits the companies they work for, who are already exploiting government schemes and loopholes at every turn. Will they pay 40% tax on their savings? PL owners pleading poverty is a joke, we know how much they piss away in the transfer market and to agents.
Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 13:16 - Apr 5 with 652 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Swansea City to furlough non-playing staff ... on 11:10 - Apr 5 by jasper_T

Why should the tax payer (which includes PL footballers) pay the wages/furlough costs of any staff at profitable companies then?

An arbitrary cut to player wages only benefits the companies they work for, who are already exploiting government schemes and loopholes at every turn. Will they pay 40% tax on their savings? PL owners pleading poverty is a joke, we know how much they piss away in the transfer market and to agents.

Exactly no business should be able to ask for a bailout if it is able to fund itself and if it can't all employees should be on government terms even footballers.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024