Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunak 17:46 - Apr 8 with 4806 viewsmonmouth

Is the next Prime Minister.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sunak on 17:50 - Apr 8 with 3276 viewssainthelens

When we hit recession at the end of the year, how popular do you think he'll be ?
Sunak on 17:53 - Apr 8 with 3264 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Bloody good communicator, demonstrates very clearly that he knows how to manage on a large scale.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sunak on 17:53 - Apr 8 with 3260 viewsmonmouth

Sunak on 17:50 - Apr 8 by sainthelens

When we hit recession at the end of the year, how popular do you think he'll be ?

Doesn't matter. Think of the competition. Plus he's absolutely starting to prepare the ground now for the 'Covid 19' recession.

I'm not recommending by the way. I'd much prefer a less slippery specimen called K Starmer. I'm just prophesying.

Sunak on 17:57 - Apr 8 with 3236 viewssainthelens

Sunak on 17:53 - Apr 8 by monmouth

Doesn't matter. Think of the competition. Plus he's absolutely starting to prepare the ground now for the 'Covid 19' recession.

I'm not recommending by the way. I'd much prefer a less slippery specimen called K Starmer. I'm just prophesying.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere on here, but the finance that's been made available to support the country.....where was any of that when the NHS were screaming for help a while ago.
Don't wanna deviate from yer initial point tho...apologies
Sunak on 18:00 - Apr 8 with 3225 viewsmonmouth

Sunak on 17:57 - Apr 8 by sainthelens

This may have been mentioned elsewhere on here, but the finance that's been made available to support the country.....where was any of that when the NHS were screaming for help a while ago.
Don't wanna deviate from yer initial point tho...apologies

Oh aye 'there's no magic money tree'

Except for things they want to spend on.

Sunak on 18:29 - Apr 8 with 3175 viewslonglostjack

Sunak on 17:50 - Apr 8 by sainthelens

This. The economic consequences of the virus will be enormous. People have short memories. The Tories will get the blame for the fallout just as the Labour Party were blamed for the consequences of the sub-prime mortgage scandal. Karma.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sunak on 18:33 - Apr 8 with 3151 viewsmonmouth

Sunak on 18:29 - Apr 8 by longlostjack

This. The economic consequences of the virus will be enormous. People have short memories. The Tories will get the blame for the fallout just as the Labour Party were blamed for the consequences of the sub-prime mortgage scandal. Karma.

That's 4 years away though, and I doubt Johnson will want to carry on after this. I'mnot saying he'll win an election to be PM.

Sunak on 18:41 - Apr 8 with 3127 viewslonglostjack

Sunak on 18:33 - Apr 8 by monmouth

That's 4 years away though, and I doubt Johnson will want to carry on after this. I'mnot saying he'll win an election to be PM.

It‘s an interesting one for sure. If he makes a full recovery he‘ll be in an even stronger position politically. Does he go with that or decide an exit while on top would best protect his legacy.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunak on 18:46 - Apr 8 with 3109 viewscontroversial_jack

Sunak on 18:41 - Apr 8 by longlostjack

It‘s an interesting one for sure. If he makes a full recovery he‘ll be in an even stronger position politically. Does he go with that or decide an exit while on top would best protect his legacy.

He will get the sympathy vote as most voters will have forgotten his totally inept and criminally negligent herd immunity option
Sunak on 18:46 - Apr 8 with 3109 viewsCatullus

Sunak on 18:29 - Apr 8 by longlostjack

There's a bit of a difference though, don't you think? The mortgage scandal could have been prevented. Banks could have been held to account.

There still isn't a magic money tree but what choice do the government have? We will be paying for this for decades but what should the government have done?

I guarantee if they'd done nothing the same people being critical now would be foaming at the mouth.

Without all this extra money (just who are we ALL borrowing from?) it wouldn't just have been the NHS that collapsed, the whole country would have collapsed and people would be starving, many, many more would die.

Maybe the big clue to that is that every affected country is churning out billions extra.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sunak on 18:47 - Apr 8 with 3106 viewsbuilthjack

He's sh1t

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunak on 18:53 - Apr 8 with 3098 viewslonglostjack

Sunak on 18:46 - Apr 8 by Catullus

There's a bit of a difference though, don't you think? The mortgage scandal could have been prevented. Banks could have been held to account.

There still isn't a magic money tree but what choice do the government have? We will be paying for this for decades but what should the government have done?

I guarantee if they'd done nothing the same people being critical now would be foaming at the mouth.

Without all this extra money (just who are we ALL borrowing from?) it wouldn't just have been the NHS that collapsed, the whole country would have collapsed and people would be starving, many, many more would die.

Maybe the big clue to that is that every affected country is churning out billions extra.

Don’t see the difference. Both resulted in a global financial crisis and Gordon Brown could have done nothing to prevent US banks selling their toxic products. Labour still got the blame.

Sunak on 18:56 - Apr 8 with 3087 viewsPegojack

Sunak on 18:33 - Apr 8 by monmouth

"Doubt he'll want to carry on?". Assuming he pulls through, he'll be wallowing in his Churchillian fantasy, spurred on by Dom "Armageddon outa here" Cummings. He's a massive egotist like his hero Trump. You'd have to march him out of Number 10 at gunpoint.

The next Prime Minister is Starmer.
Sunak on 19:03 - Apr 8 with 3056 viewsCatullus

Sunak on 18:53 - Apr 8 by longlostjack

Don’t see the difference. Both resulted in a global financial crisis and Gordon Brown could have done nothing to prevent US banks selling their toxic products. Labour still got the blame.

It wasn't just USA banks, British banks were exposed by bad decision making and Labours deregulation policy.

What could the Tory's have done to prevent this pandemic?

In 2008 Labour spent billions bailing out banks, the Tories are bailing out everybody. Are you saying the Tories will be hel responsible for the Pandemic?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Sunak on 19:08 - Apr 8 with 3036 viewsmonmouth

Sunak on 18:56 - Apr 8 by Pegojack

"Doubt he'll want to carry on?". Assuming he pulls through, he'll be wallowing in his Churchillian fantasy, spurred on by Dom "Armageddon outa here" Cummings. He's a massive egotist like his hero Trump. You'd have to march him out of Number 10 at gunpoint.

The next Prime Minister is Starmer.

We’ll see. There’s a lot a shit coming down the line as others have said. Right now, he’s been pm which is what he wanted. It could have gone very badly, but if he exits now with Ill health, he is totally unscathed and will remain the centre of his own and the media universe. Plus, he might actually be responsible for once and stick with his 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th child and it’s mother. Unlikely but ICU changes people.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:52]

Sunak on 19:09 - Apr 8 with 3034 viewsPegojack

Sunak on 19:03 - Apr 8 by Catullus

It wasn't just USA banks, British banks were exposed by bad decision making and Labours deregulation policy.

In 2008 Labour spent billions bailing out banks, the Tories are bailing out everybody. Are you saying the Tories will be hel responsible for the Pandemic?

The Tories could have done nothing to prevent the pandemic.

They could have done a massive amount to prepare for it and react to it, which they didn't do, and it is now front line workers who are paying the price.
Sunak on 19:09 - Apr 8 with 3032 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

There's a long way to go on all this.

Sunak on 19:15 - Apr 8 with 3008 viewsPentyrchJack

If the Conservatives thought about it they could exchange financial support (i.e. cash flow life lines) to mega businesses in return for a public stake in those businesses, thus semi-nationalising the railways, utilities etc by stealth.

That would be a smart political move that nullifies Labour's renationalisation argument that does win votes.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Sunak on 19:19 - Apr 8 with 2998 viewsCatullus

Sunak on 19:09 - Apr 8 by Pegojack

The Tories could have done nothing to prevent the pandemic.

They could have done a massive amount to prepare for it and react to it, which they didn't do, and it is now front line workers who are paying the price.

The NHS should have been in better shape yes, no argument. However, how could they prepare for something they didn't know was coming?

They reacted to it and with hindsight we will see how good that reaction was, nobody expects a good outcome though, many more will die.

We can blame the tories for loads of things, rightfully so, but the Pandemic and the inevitable financial crisis?
In the same circumstances what would a Labour PM have done? Pretty much the same as the Tories or something much different?

Sunak on 19:49 - Apr 8 with 2960 viewsBest_loser

Sunak on 19:03 - Apr 8 by Catullus

We can still blame it on brexit though, the financial mess to come

😊
Sunak on 19:54 - Apr 8 with 2947 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sunak on 19:49 - Apr 8 by Best_loser

We can still blame it on brexit though, the financial mess to come

😊

The EU also has some big challenges.

Sunak on 19:58 - Apr 8 with 2935 viewslonglostjack

Sunak on 19:19 - Apr 8 by Catullus

The NHS should have been in better shape yes, no argument. However, how could they prepare for something they didn't know was coming?

They reacted to it and with hindsight we will see how good that reaction was, nobody expects a good outcome though, many more will die.

We can blame the tories for loads of things, rightfully so, but the Pandemic and the inevitable financial crisis?
In the same circumstances what would a Labour PM have done? Pretty much the same as the Tories or something much different?

Well I certainly blame the Tories for blaming Labour for the financial crisis of 2008 and then continuing to use them as the scapegoat for their dreadful and unsuccessful austerity programme. The bloody cheek of it. Short memories indeed.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:59]

Sunak on 20:10 - Apr 8 with 2905 viewsFireboy2

Remember how the hero wartime leader churchill did in the 1945 election?
Sunak on 20:19 - Apr 8 with 2881 viewsbuilthjack

Sunak on 19:58 - Apr 8 by longlostjack

Well I certainly blame the Tories for blaming Labour for the financial crisis of 2008 and then continuing to use them as the scapegoat for their dreadful and unsuccessful austerity programme. The bloody cheek of it. Short memories indeed.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:59]

They are the Liverpool of the political world. Always blame others.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunak on 00:16 - Apr 9 with 2727 viewsSTID2017

Sunak on 18:41 - Apr 8 by longlostjack

Boris Johnson's outcome from his current battle with the virus is a win-win for the Tory spin doctors.
God forbid the worst should happen but if it did, he would be hailed as a martyr and it would be a case of "Let's do it in memory of Boris"
Should he survive (and like every right-thinking person I hope he does), they would milk it to get every sympathy vote at every turn
Let's hope the people of Britain view this shambolic government for what they are and vote them out at the earliest opportunity

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024