Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germany 07:59 - Apr 11 with 3141 viewsNortbankboy

Germany seem to be handling this pandemic a lot better than us.
Why is that?
Germany on 08:20 - Apr 11 with 2061 viewsblackswan

They didn't waste weeks with herd immunity nonsense
Instead sorted equipment and testing out. Let's be honest we have been let down we could see what was happening elsewhere and locked down too late and still loads of non essential workers forced to work. The death toll yesterday was higher than either Italy or Spain have recorded on a single day. Imho if we dont end up with a death toll a fair bit below that of Italy and Spain given we had 3 weeks to prepare then the government needs to be held to account. Stay safe
Germany on 08:25 - Apr 11 with 2043 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I don’t know. But just doing simplistic maths (obviously there are lags, are they counting cases in nursing homes etc etc) on the figures on the BBC website our death rate (per confirmed case) is 1 in 7 to their 1 in 60. And I’m bony criticising , that’s just pure folly. But it is mystifying.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Germany on 09:05 - Apr 11 with 2003 viewssP7qupUf

I suppose now is not the time to point fingers but there is certainly something very amiss here. I think there are longer term problems around underfunding of the NHS due to years of austerity, the ignoring of the alarming 2016 report, dithering in January/February, shambles of herd immunity, poor supply of PPE (still on going) and not enough testing. Goodness knows how many "plans" Matt Hancock has rolled out. People still walking in through airports etc!! There needs to be a root and branch review and inquiry but for the time being the government need to listen to what the doctors and their associations are saying. Why would they lie?
Germany on 09:54 - Apr 11 with 1946 viewsItchySphincter

Germany on 08:25 - Apr 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t know. But just doing simplistic maths (obviously there are lags, are they counting cases in nursing homes etc etc) on the figures on the BBC website our death rate (per confirmed case) is 1 in 7 to their 1 in 60. And I’m bony criticising , that’s just pure folly. But it is mystifying.

Our figures are folly as we’re only running a handful of tests compared to them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Germany on 10:02 - Apr 11 with 1936 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Germany are not counting deaths as Covid-19 if they consider that the patient would have died of other causes in the near future anyway. Coupled with testing at three and a half times our rate per head of population their mortality rate is very low compared with most other countries in the world.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Germany on 10:16 - Apr 11 with 1913 viewsBest_loser

Most people will get it ,

Herd immunity is coming

Lockdown are just to give governments time to get health services ready for it

A second and third wave is probable
Germany on 10:17 - Apr 11 with 1911 viewsbuilthjack

Germany on 08:20 - Apr 11 by blackswan

Instead sorted equipment and testing out. Let's be honest we have been let down we could see what was happening elsewhere and locked down too late and still loads of non essential workers forced to work. The death toll yesterday was higher than either Italy or Spain have recorded on a single day. Imho if we dont end up with a death toll a fair bit below that of Italy and Spain given we had 3 weeks to prepare then the government needs to be held to account. Stay safe

Johnson and Hancock bumbled their way through the first few weeks. Talked a good game but did sweet fa.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Germany on 10:21 - Apr 11 with 1904 viewsDr_Winston

1. They count the figures differently

2. There's a level of private involvement in their healthcare system that would cause riots in the UK

3. The usual German efficiency

Take your pick.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Germany on 10:32 - Apr 11 with 1877 viewslonglostjack

Germany on 10:21 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

2. There's a level of private involvement in their healthcare system that would cause riots in the UK

Take your pick.

I don't see the level of private involvement as being a key factor. I'd substitute with:

2. Healthcare spending per person is approximately 50% higher in Germany than in the UK.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Germany on 10:53 - Apr 11 with 1842 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sweden’s bars and restaurants remain open. They are issuing “soft” social distancing guidelines which are not enforced. They are relying on the common sense of the people to do what’s right for them. Norway and Denmark think they’re mad. It will be interesting to see whether Covid-19 explodes in Sweden in the coming weeks.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Germany on 11:05 - Apr 11 with 1819 viewsmagicdaps10

Germany on 10:16 - Apr 11 by Best_loser

Most people will get it ,

Herd immunity is coming

Lockdown are just to give governments time to get health services ready for it

A second and third wave is probable

This.

This lock down will go on until May or so, once all is in place then the restrictions will be lifted.
Upto 80% will get it, 80% of those people will have manageable to no symptoms....... The other 20% and their families will have a tough time.

Keep safe all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Germany on 11:08 - Apr 11 with 1814 viewsNortbankboy

Germany on 10:21 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

Take your pick.

Do we count the people who are care.
Those figures we had yesterday are very alarming.
The highest death rate for a day in europe.
I think we will have follow Germany and ,test,test,test.
Should have been weeks ago
Germany on 11:08 - Apr 11 with 1814 viewscontroversial_jack

Germany on 11:05 - Apr 11 by magicdaps10

This.

This lock down will go on until May or so, once all is in place then the restrictions will be lifted.
Upto 80% will get it, 80% of those people will have manageable to no symptoms....... The other 20% and their families will have a tough time.

Keep safe all.

We haven't peaked yet, another week or so before that happens, and then a slow down turn. So it will be well into June
Germany on 11:35 - Apr 11 with 1773 viewsmagicdaps10

Germany on 11:08 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

We haven't peaked yet, another week or so before that happens, and then a slow down turn. So it will be well into June

Wouldn't disagree with you.

Germany on 11:48 - Apr 11 with 1747 viewsLeonWasGod

Germany on 09:54 - Apr 11 by ItchySphincter

Our figures are folly as we’re only running a handful of tests compared to them.

Yep, they're testing and tracing lots more, so can target interventions to limit the spread and their figures are a more reliable indication of the real death rate.

NZ also doing very well so far, but they went hard and early into a lockdown. Their new cases per day figure peaked really quickly and has been generally going down for the last week. And only 4 deaths so far.
Germany on 11:54 - Apr 11 with 1737 viewsCatullus

Germany on 08:20 - Apr 11 by blackswan

We also have to bear in mind that in many workplaces (here in Wales too despite the new law) people are working too close together.

Be very careful with any deliveries, specially from Royal Mail who are still shoulder to shoulder in many offices.

The government should have acted more quickly, no one can deny it and one day they will be held to account, people won't forget and most of us will have lost someone.

That last bit though, the one thing we do not know is how widespread this virus was at any given time. Did we have 3 weeks to prepare or was it already too late because there may have been a widespread cases who were asymptomatic but infectious (prof can correct that if wrong) and again, peoples stupidity in ignoring distancing hasn't helped.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Germany on 12:01 - Apr 11 with 1728 viewscontroversial_jack

Germany on 11:54 - Apr 11 by Catullus

We also have to bear in mind that in many workplaces (here in Wales too despite the new law) people are working too close together.

Be very careful with any deliveries, specially from Royal Mail who are still shoulder to shoulder in many offices.

The government should have acted more quickly, no one can deny it and one day they will be held to account, people won't forget and most of us will have lost someone.

That last bit though, the one thing we do not know is how widespread this virus was at any given time. Did we have 3 weeks to prepare or was it already too late because there may have been a widespread cases who were asymptomatic but infectious (prof can correct that if wrong) and again, peoples stupidity in ignoring distancing hasn't helped.

The virus was here probably November. This govt knew about it in early Jan, and should have seen what was happening in other countries.They wasted February.
Germany on 12:07 - Apr 11 with 1720 viewsCatullus

Germany on 11:48 - Apr 11 by LeonWasGod

Yep, they're testing and tracing lots more, so can target interventions to limit the spread and their figures are a more reliable indication of the real death rate.

NZ also doing very well so far, but they went hard and early into a lockdown. Their new cases per day figure peaked really quickly and has been generally going down for the last week. And only 4 deaths so far.

If NZ get through this with very low rates it will only prove how stupid European governments were in not locking down sooner, grounding flights, closing borders etc.

Lets face it, there were several people on here saying this before it happened and none of them experts. The politicians worried about the economy first, it seems to me. By the time they could no longer ignore the size of the threat it was probably too late.

Trump was downplaying this and look at New York now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Germany on 12:12 - Apr 11 with 1709 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Germany on 12:01 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

The virus was here probably November. This govt knew about it in early Jan, and should have seen what was happening in other countries.They wasted February.

Not true about February, I have a neighbour who is an oncologist, in February he was running a project to locate broken respirators and his hospital was trebling it's critical care capacity, he said it was difficult to believe what was happening.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Germany on 12:20 - Apr 11 with 1691 viewscontroversial_jack

Germany on 12:12 - Apr 11 by JACKMANANDBOY

Not true about February, I have a neighbour who is an oncologist, in February he was running a project to locate broken respirators and his hospital was trebling it's critical care capacity, he said it was difficult to believe what was happening.

My mates son is a senior medical lecturer, and he said China kept it quiet for about 2 months.It was already spreading around the world in November.

My wife, who works on the ward, although she's not a doctor, is convinced we both had this late December. We had most of the symptoms., The cough being the real give away
Germany on 12:22 - Apr 11 with 1687 viewsJackfath

Germany on 12:20 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

My mates son is a senior medical lecturer, and he said China kept it quiet for about 2 months.It was already spreading around the world in November.

My wife, who works on the ward, although she's not a doctor, is convinced we both had this late December. We had most of the symptoms., The cough being the real give away

I had all the symptoms over Christmas.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Germany on 12:23 - Apr 11 with 1687 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Germany on 10:32 - Apr 11 by longlostjack

I don't see the level of private involvement as being a key factor. I'd substitute with:

2. Healthcare spending per person is approximately 50% higher in Germany than in the UK.

No where near 50 percent more according to this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52234061
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 12:23]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Germany on 12:33 - Apr 11 with 1672 viewscontroversial_jack

Germany on 12:22 - Apr 11 by Jackfath

You probably had it then.There was no testing then, but advice that come later was, if you have the symptoms then you probably had it. Let's hope it's given us immunity
Germany on 12:38 - Apr 11 with 1667 viewsmagicdaps10

Germany on 12:22 - Apr 11 by Jackfath

I swear my wife had it, I would hope she did.
Even the doc said that it was a virus, not one that they were familiar with.
After a week she was diagnosed with laringitus but there were still a few things they were puzzled with.... They kept on questioning if she was asthmatic.

I believe it has been around since before Xmas for sure, you would be mad to not think so.

Germany on 12:39 - Apr 11 with 1665 viewsmagicdaps10

Germany on 12:33 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

You probably had it then.There was no testing then, but advice that come later was, if you have the symptoms then you probably had it. Let's hope it's given us immunity

Is there any indication when they think it hit the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024