Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday Times Article 09:45 - Apr 19 with 6680 viewsTenbySwan

Massive Sunday Times Article today which lists many failings of the Government handling of the Pandemic including unbelievably Boris missing FIVE Cobra meetings in February.
ST is behind a pay wall but can be read here.
https://archive.is/20200418182037/ https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwa
Sunday Times Article on 10:47 - Apr 19 with 1220 viewsBest_loser

Sunday Times Article on 10:41 - Apr 19 by WarwickHunt

Starmer is the polar opposite of that lazy, bullshitting clown.
He’s also got some talent on the front bench at last. Boris has surrounded himself with nodding third rate Brexiters.
It could yet be interesting next time.

People assumed the Tories would win the next election

Covid changed everything, changes the world

Nothing can be assumed now
Sunday Times Article on 10:47 - Apr 19 with 1218 viewsjasper_T

Yes, people do suggest there should have been PPE stockpiles. Many countries had done pandemic preparedness studies stating they should exist, and many countries did have stockpiles (which were unfortunately often sold off or not kept kept updated and left to moulder, because *austerity*)
Sunday Times Article on 10:57 - Apr 19 with 1203 viewsItchySphincter

Sunday Times Article on 10:24 - Apr 19 by Glyn1

I think that he's incompetent but I didn't want him to die, and I don't see any contradiction in that - you probably feel the same.

You get a free Sunday Times in Waitrose with their loyalty card if you spend £10, otherwise subscribing to it like TenbySwan costs more than the BBC licence fee. Serious question, is that value for money?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 10:25]

He’s not an incompetent, he’s a calculated and ruthless operator, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Brexit is a perfect example of the lengths he will go to in a power grab. His background is pro EU but like a shark smelling blood around Cameron’s failed gamble he seized the opportunity to create a maelstrom of divisiveness in epic proportions, purely as a mechanism for him to rise as some kind of saviour, regardless of the pain and suffering it would cause. His carefully honed persona is what the masses voted for, not many will have a grasp of his party’s politics.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 11:28]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sunday Times Article on 11:06 - Apr 19 with 1187 viewsNotLoyal

Thing is if labour had won the election we would have that terrorist sympathiser as PM.
Then we would have no Starmer or re jigged shadow cabinet.
For me, labour wouldn’t have handled it any better regardless of personalities involved.
It’s a poisoned chalice the whole thing.
Doesn’t matter who is in charge, all the news are reporting is bad news and scaremongering, no matter the topic.

I would love to hear some positive news with all due respects to the old boy who did the walk.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sunday Times Article on 11:12 - Apr 19 with 1166 viewsmagicdaps10

Sunday Times Article on 11:06 - Apr 19 by NotLoyal

Thing is if labour had won the election we would have that terrorist sympathiser as PM.
Then we would have no Starmer or re jigged shadow cabinet.
For me, labour wouldn’t have handled it any better regardless of personalities involved.
It’s a poisoned chalice the whole thing.
Doesn’t matter who is in charge, all the news are reporting is bad news and scaremongering, no matter the topic.

I would love to hear some positive news with all due respects to the old boy who did the walk.

Bang on mate, totally agree that Labour wouldn't have handled it any better...... Easy to say this or that after or during the matter.
The crux is, this is something no modern day govermant has ever had to deal with and doing so with no/little experience on the matter.

We need to be cheered and given positivity and NOT hear/read about people's cheap shots..........what some are doing on here is just showing the bitter/hatred that is in them.

More of major Tom is needed, good old British solidarity needs to be pushed and not hatred.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sunday Times Article on 11:18 - Apr 19 with 1145 viewscontroversial_jack

Sunday Times Article on 11:12 - Apr 19 by magicdaps10

Bang on mate, totally agree that Labour wouldn't have handled it any better...... Easy to say this or that after or during the matter.
The crux is, this is something no modern day govermant has ever had to deal with and doing so with no/little experience on the matter.

We need to be cheered and given positivity and NOT hear/read about people's cheap shots..........what some are doing on here is just showing the bitter/hatred that is in them.

More of major Tom is needed, good old British solidarity needs to be pushed and not hatred.

They could hardly have done a worse job. We are not suffering more than any country except the US, but they have 5 times the population. This govt has been criminally negligent and must be held to account asap
Sunday Times Article on 11:20 - Apr 19 with 1136 viewsWarwickHunt

Did you read the article?

Reassuring that you’re so reliably wrong on everything, not just transfers...
Sunday Times Article on 11:20 - Apr 19 with 1135 viewsNotLoyal

Sunday Times Article on 11:18 - Apr 19 by controversial_jack

They could hardly have done a worse job. We are not suffering more than any country except the US, but they have 5 times the population. This govt has been criminally negligent and must be held to account asap

I’m not sure what crime they have committed any more than these fckwits roaming about the country allegedly infecting others.
Thing is what’s the answer ? Total lockdown ?
Had they done that the story would still be the same.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday Times Article on 11:25 - Apr 19 with 1112 viewssainthelens

Sunday Times Article on 11:20 - Apr 19 by NotLoyal

I’m not sure what crime they have committed any more than these fckwits roaming about the country allegedly infecting others.

If only there was a 138 page thread on that.
Sunday Times Article on 11:29 - Apr 19 with 1101 viewsTenbySwan

Can you imagine the headlines had Labour handled it like the Tories ?

Delayed lockdown?
Corbyn misses 5 COBRA meetings to go to the Countryside with his girlfriend.
Medidal staff dying left right and centre.
PPE in storage out of date,
No ventilators
No PPE
No plan for care homes.
Etc etc etc.
Sunday Times Article on 11:31 - Apr 19 with 1093 viewsItchySphincter

They are accountable. They wanted the position and the responsibility - you think they’re doing their best so leave them alone is it? Are you old enough to vote?

Sunday Times Article on 11:33 - Apr 19 with 1085 viewsItchySphincter

Sunday Times Article on 11:29 - Apr 19 by TenbySwan

Can you imagine the headlines had Labour handled it like the Tories ?

Delayed lockdown?
Corbyn misses 5 COBRA meetings to go to the Countryside with his girlfriend.
Medidal staff dying left right and centre.
PPE in storage out of date,
No ventilators
No PPE
No plan for care homes.
Etc etc etc.

He would have been crucified, yet somehow we’re supposed to feel sorry for Boris? I’m ashamed at the acceptable level of basic intelligence in this country. The lowest common denominator.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 11:33]

Sunday Times Article on 11:33 - Apr 19 with 1084 viewsNotLoyal

Sunday Times Article on 11:25 - Apr 19 by sainthelens

If only there was a 138 page thread on that.

This could come close to that mate 😂

OK I've changed it.

Sunday Times Article on 11:38 - Apr 19 with 1073 viewscontroversial_jack

Sunday Times Article on 11:20 - Apr 19 by NotLoyal

Just look at some other countries and how they have handled it.The Czech republic springs to mind.The locked down their borders, and made it mandatory for everyone in public to wear a mask. Everyone wearing a mask gives individuals double protection.It has worked too

This country still has 15,000 coming into Heathrow alone every day.That alone is criminal as far as i'm concerned.Act like this as a private company and they would be in huge trouble with the HSE and probably end up in court
Sunday Times Article on 11:46 - Apr 19 with 1056 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sunday Times Article on 10:57 - Apr 19 by ItchySphincter

He’s not an incompetent, he’s a calculated and ruthless operator, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Brexit is a perfect example of the lengths he will go to in a power grab. His background is pro EU but like a shark smelling blood around Cameron’s failed gamble he seized the opportunity to create a maelstrom of divisiveness in epic proportions, purely as a mechanism for him to rise as some kind of saviour, regardless of the pain and suffering it would cause. His carefully honed persona is what the masses voted for, not many will have a grasp of his party’s politics.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 11:28]

Absolutely and exactly this.

Poll: Tory leader

Sunday Times Article on 11:48 - Apr 19 with 1050 viewsexiledclaseboy

And that’s exactly how a criminally negligent government will get away with its criminal negligence.

Sunday Times Article on 11:50 - Apr 19 with 1045 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sunday Times Article on 10:41 - Apr 19 by monmouth

Yes, you keep using that in multiple threads to try and defend people that were all asleep at the wheel. So let's rephrase that as it properly should read as, "the specific scientists the government chose to believe because they wanted to."

If you look who sits on this and its function it is the body that advises Government on this type of disease. I'm not saying mistakes have not been made and things should have been done differently but this is a fundamental part of the decision making process.
We need to know what decisions were made when and on what advice starting in China in November, on this basis there maybe a window of maybe 9 to 12 weeks where things should have been different but what information was available to who and when?
But all this can wait. Right now we need to get infection rate down.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sunday Times Article on 11:56 - Apr 19 with 1031 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sunday Times Article on 11:50 - Apr 19 by JACKMANANDBOY

If you look who sits on this and its function it is the body that advises Government on this type of disease. I'm not saying mistakes have not been made and things should have been done differently but this is a fundamental part of the decision making process.
We need to know what decisions were made when and on what advice starting in China in November, on this basis there maybe a window of maybe 9 to 12 weeks where things should have been different but what information was available to who and when?
But all this can wait. Right now we need to get infection rate down.

Advisers advise. Ministers decide.

Sunday Times Article on 12:10 - Apr 19 with 1009 viewschad

Sunday Times Article on 11:56 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

Advisers advise. Ministers decide.

Seems those advisors not the only ones to underestimate the effects of this virus

Not by a long chalk hey ECB ;)
Sunday Times Article on 12:13 - Apr 19 with 1002 viewscontroversial_jack

The good old British attitude of, backs to the wall, bulldog spirit let's just crack on and other claptrap like that - which hasn't worked this time, is exactly what will get these incompetents elected once again
Sunday Times Article on 12:32 - Apr 19 with 983 viewsmagicdaps10

Sunday Times Article on 11:20 - Apr 19 by WarwickHunt

Did you read the article?

Reassuring that you’re so reliably wrong on everything, not just transfers...

Calm your tiits Warwick!

Its not a time to be throwing cheap shots about especially when we don't know what individuals are going through.

Positivity and class please sir.

Sunday Times Article on 12:35 - Apr 19 with 976 viewsmagicdaps10

Sunday Times Article on 11:48 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

And that’s exactly how a criminally negligent government will get away with its criminal negligence.

I am not for excusing any wrong doing Clasey, it is just that now is not the time.

There are going to be plenty if things flying about after this horrid time AND that is the time to ask the questions.

If we were able to turn the clock back then I would most certainly agree with you.

Sunday Times Article on 12:36 - Apr 19 with 970 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sunday Times Article on 12:10 - Apr 19 by chad

Seems those advisors not the only ones to underestimate the effects of this virus

Not by a long chalk hey ECB ;)

Indeed not, Spratts. Let’s not be afraid to admit when we get things wrong, eh.

Sunday Times Article on 12:38 - Apr 19 with 966 viewsWarwickHunt

Sunday Times Article on 12:32 - Apr 19 by magicdaps10

Calm your tiits Warwick!

Its not a time to be throwing cheap shots about especially when we don't know what individuals are going through.

Positivity and class please sir.

Your appear to be conflating criticism of Boris with a lack of sympathy for victims.

I’m very calm thanks, and Class is my middle name...
Sunday Times Article on 12:43 - Apr 19 with 958 viewsmagicdaps10

Sunday Times Article on 11:31 - Apr 19 by ItchySphincter

They are accountable. They wanted the position and the responsibility - you think they’re doing their best so leave them alone is it? Are you old enough to vote?

So what you suggest, get rid of them all ASAP!?

There is a time for these people to be held accountable and that time is not now, all I am trying to say, now is not the time to be running around pointing the finger when we have thousands of people ill and dying.
I don't expect you to agree but we have to deal with this virus THAT is the important thing now.

If people want to run around like a modern day corporal Jones..... God help us!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024