Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All-time stinker XI 19:02 - Apr 30 with 10550 viewsGlossolalia

Let's take a trip down memory lane. The type of trip where not even a thousand rose-tinted specs could put any veneer of respectability on these, the football-hoofing excuses for professional footballers that played for SCFC.

We will stick with 4-4-2 for ease. You must have, unfortunately, seen these uncoordinated abominations play, before your incredulous eyes.

Let's be avin yer, or something. Your XI from hell.

[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 19:03]
All-time stinker XI on 18:40 - May 1 with 1501 viewsthornabyswan

All-time stinker XI on 08:29 - May 1 by dna

Peter Guthrie has got to be in goal!!!!

Decent keeper wasnt he in goal in 87 when we went up at Torquay.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

All-time stinker XI on 18:44 - May 1 with 1496 viewspencoedjack

All-time stinker XI on 12:58 - May 1 by JBT95

I don't think Bartley is/was a bad player.

Leeds worshipped him when he was there - as captain - and he starts in a WBA side that hasn't been outside the top 3 all season.

He just never had a run of games here.

Personally, I think we were daft letting him go when we got relegated. Centre back is a bit of an issue for us at the moment with 2 on loan, VDH possibly not extending his contract and Rodon could be off? Leaves us with just Cabango.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 12:59]

I couldn’t give a fuk what Leeds & WBA fans think of him

He was utter gash whilst here pound for pound I’d probably say the worst.
All-time stinker XI on 19:31 - May 1 with 1507 viewsjeza739

Ijah Anderson deserves an honourable mention.. remember him failing a drugs test thinking we'll whatever he's taken they definitely were not the performance enhancing type!
All-time stinker XI on 19:56 - May 1 with 1489 viewsswancity

All-time stinker XI on 18:44 - May 1 by pencoedjack

I couldn’t give a fuk what Leeds & WBA fans think of him

He was utter gash whilst here pound for pound I’d probably say the worst.

I’d say that’s very harsh

He hardly started a League game in 5/6 years as a Swansea player. Albeit out on loan for quite a bit of that.

So he was brought into the side rarely with no run of games to settle and establish himself.

He’s now in his late 20s and in his prime ...he’s shown he’s a very good Championship Centre back who is good enough now to play in the Premier League if they go up

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

All-time stinker XI on 19:59 - May 1 with 1488 viewsDr_Winston

All-time stinker XI on 12:58 - May 1 by JBT95

I don't think Bartley is/was a bad player.

Leeds worshipped him when he was there - as captain - and he starts in a WBA side that hasn't been outside the top 3 all season.

He just never had a run of games here.

Personally, I think we were daft letting him go when we got relegated. Centre back is a bit of an issue for us at the moment with 2 on loan, VDH possibly not extending his contract and Rodon could be off? Leaves us with just Cabango.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 12:59]

Bartley is a proven Championship player at worst. Spent more time in the top two for both Leeds and WBA than most.

Anyone who thinks he's worthy of inclusion in an all time worst XI for a club who Thomas Willer, Neil Sharp and Terry Evans have represented clearly isn't thinking straight.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All-time stinker XI on 20:21 - May 1 with 1469 viewsGaryjack

All-time stinker XI on 19:59 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Bartley is a proven Championship player at worst. Spent more time in the top two for both Leeds and WBA than most.

Anyone who thinks he's worthy of inclusion in an all time worst XI for a club who Thomas Willer, Neil Sharp and Terry Evans have represented clearly isn't thinking straight.

I could probably accept it from a young fan who has in the main only experienced Prem football, but Pencs?
All-time stinker XI on 20:38 - May 1 with 1454 viewsDr_Winston

All-time stinker XI on 21:12 - Apr 30 by thornabyswan

Potter
Hough
Howard
Boyle
Gibbons
Mumford maybe harsh
Sanches capt
Keri Andrews
Barrow or Lamah
Newhouse
Keaveney or Mutton
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:34]

Andrew Mumford had plenty of talent but loved a beer too much.

See also Chapple, Shaun.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All-time stinker XI on 20:45 - May 1 with 1405 viewspencoedjack

All-time stinker XI on 20:21 - May 1 by Garyjack

I could probably accept it from a young fan who has in the main only experienced Prem football, but Pencs?

Those players who were about when we were in the basement were not on 30k a week.

Hence why I posted pound for pound.

In nearly 5 years here he played 21 games & was gash, he had a decent season at Leeds (& a shite one at Birmingham) but I didn’t realise if they were decent on loan at another side they should be excluded from choice.

Anyone remember those classic performances at Blackburn & Oxford in the cup?
Login to get fewer ads

All-time stinker XI on 20:58 - May 1 with 1421 viewsCaptain_Sham

All-time stinker XI on 19:59 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Id forgotten about Neil Sharp Hes definitely in there.There are so many over the years.
The 84-85 team before Bond came was probably the worst team I've seen, when considered as a whole, closely followed by Cusaks trialists.
None of the players who played for us in the Prem are anywhere near this level of suck though.
Its curious but both those teams I just mentioned were rebuilt over the Winter, by John Bond and Brian Flynn and both teams stayed up. (On the last day of the season)
Numerous edits. The parallels between these two seasons had never jumped out at me before.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 21:08]

Its just a ride.

All-time stinker XI on 21:07 - May 1 with 1408 viewsDr_Winston

All-time stinker XI on 20:58 - May 1 by Captain_Sham

Id forgotten about Neil Sharp Hes definitely in there.There are so many over the years.
The 84-85 team before Bond came was probably the worst team I've seen, when considered as a whole, closely followed by Cusaks trialists.
None of the players who played for us in the Prem are anywhere near this level of suck though.
Its curious but both those teams I just mentioned were rebuilt over the Winter, by John Bond and Brian Flynn and both teams stayed up. (On the last day of the season)
Numerous edits. The parallels between these two seasons had never jumped out at me before.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 21:08]

Before my time.

I've got a lot of sympathy for Cusack because he basically had to rebuild a team on a shoestring. For all the plaudits Flynn got at the time he had a much higher budget to work with because club ownership realised that he needed one, and he still came close to f*cking it up.

There's not a player who has represented the team since 2005 at least who comes even close to making it into a worst ever XI IMO.

All-time stinker XI on 21:13 - May 1 with 1398 viewsCaptain_Sham

All-time stinker XI on 21:07 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Before my time.

I've got a lot of sympathy for Cusack because he basically had to rebuild a team on a shoestring. For all the plaudits Flynn got at the time he had a much higher budget to work with because club ownership realised that he needed one, and he still came close to f*cking it up.

There's not a player who has represented the team since 2005 at least who comes even close to making it into a worst ever XI IMO.

I guess that separates Bond and Flynn. Bond had no budget so he wrote to many managers explaining our plight (transfer embargo, bankrupt) and asked if they could spare any players on loan/free. We signed Derek Parlane, Paul Price, Alan Waddle again, Chris Harrison, Ray McHale. and few others I forget. (Roger Gibbins, Colin Sullivan, BArry Powell, PAul Richardson and Robin Turner) He really did work a miracle.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 21:28]

Its just a ride.

All-time stinker XI on 21:14 - May 1 with 1394 viewsSwanjaxs

Ladies and gentlemen I give you...

David N'Gog 🙈

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

All-time stinker XI on 21:20 - May 1 with 1379 viewsDr_Winston

All-time stinker XI on 21:14 - May 1 by Swanjaxs

David N'Gog 🙈

Better or worse than Aidan Newhouse?

All-time stinker XI on 21:29 - May 1 with 1363 viewsGaryjack

All-time stinker XI on 20:45 - May 1 by pencoedjack

Those players who were about when we were in the basement were not on 30k a week.

Hence why I posted pound for pound.

In nearly 5 years here he played 21 games & was gash, he had a decent season at Leeds (& a shite one at Birmingham) but I didn’t realise if they were decent on loan at another side they should be excluded from choice.

Anyone remember those classic performances at Blackburn & Oxford in the cup?

I've seen some articles Pencs, but no way was Kyle Bartley on 30k a week or anywhere near it. If he were, then there's no way we would have been able to offload him.
All-time stinker XI on 21:35 - May 1 with 1329 viewssainthelens

All-time stinker XI on 21:14 - May 1 by Swanjaxs

David N'Gog 🙈

Good shout.
But what's worse....him as a player or Judas for paying him 38k a week?
All-time stinker XI on 21:38 - May 1 with 1333 viewsSwanjaxs

All-time stinker XI on 21:20 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Better or worse than Aidan Newhouse?

You couldn't get a fag paper between them I reckon

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

All-time stinker XI on 21:46 - May 1 with 1324 viewsGlossolalia

Does it get much worse than Pavel Abbott? He at least makes the bench! Or for disappointment, Darryl Duffy after we bought him proper. Then there's Shechter, Ngog. Rory Donnelly...

For the older posters, how do these compare with your worst picks before my time? (2006)
All-time stinker XI on 21:50 - May 1 with 1320 viewsDr_Winston

All-time stinker XI on 21:46 - May 1 by Glossolalia

Does it get much worse than Pavel Abbott? He at least makes the bench! Or for disappointment, Darryl Duffy after we bought him proper. Then there's Shechter, Ngog. Rory Donnelly...

For the older posters, how do these compare with your worst picks before my time? (2006)

Abbott was unlucky. The manager who signed him was history himself shortly after and his replacement wasn't interested.

Scored plenty of goals before coming here and plenty of goals after. More a case of right place, wrong time.

All-time stinker XI on 22:00 - May 1 with 1310 viewsCaptain_Sham

All-time stinker XI on 21:46 - May 1 by Glossolalia

Was Pavel Abbot a waste of £200k. Fk aye. Was he as bad as Tommy Mutton? Simply not in the same solar system. If you are talking about value that's a different argument, but in terms of skill none of the players you have mentioned are anywhere near as bad as any of the players in the team I picked.

Its just a ride.

All-time stinker XI on 22:58 - May 1 with 1266 viewsDr_Winston

All-time stinker XI on 21:38 - May 1 by Swanjaxs

You couldn't get a fag paper between them I reckon

Nonsense.

N'Gog was crap, but a much better class of crap than Newhouse.

All-time stinker XI on 23:12 - May 1 with 1247 viewsbuilthjack

All-time stinker XI on 21:12 - Apr 30 by thornabyswan

Potter
Hough
Howard
Boyle
Gibbons
Mumford maybe harsh
Sanches capt
Keri Andrews
Barrow or Lamah
Newhouse
Keaveney or Mutton
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:34]

David Hough is doing a good job outside football. Smashing drug gangs in Aberdare.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

All-time stinker XI on 23:46 - May 1 with 1241 viewstheloneranger

All-time stinker XI on 00:05 - May 1 by swancity

Swansea 0 Kidderminster 4

Look no further 👍

Fvck if you thought that was bad, then you should have been present at ...

03/09/1965. Shrewsbury 5 v 0 Swansea

14/09/1965. Swansea 1v 6 Workington

04/10/1965. Workington 7 v 0 Swansea

... And in between on 01/10/1965 we lost 5-1 at York!! 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

All-time stinker XI on 14:52 - May 2 with 1146 viewsthornabyswan

All-time stinker XI on 23:46 - May 1 by theloneranger

What about the 1.6 home to Reading and the 7.1 loss at Hartlepool.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

All-time stinker XI on 15:27 - May 2 with 1135 viewstheloneranger

All-time stinker XI on 14:52 - May 2 by thornabyswan

What about the 1.6 home to Reading and the 7.1 loss at Hartlepool.

Look at the dates, they were all in a month!! ... And I saw them all live, bar the York game thank fvck.

[Post edited 2 May 2020 15:30]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

All-time stinker XI on 15:29 - May 2 with 1129 viewsswancity

All-time stinker XI on 23:46 - May 1 by theloneranger

What division were we in then ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024