Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96144 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:36 - Jan 8 with 1365 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:15 - Jan 8 by Kilkennyjack

The UK has this person as leader.

He really cant be compared to Professor Drakeford.

Well if you think being a Professor of Social Policy and Applied Social Sciences makes him the man to lead us out of this current shit storm then I suggest you lower your expectation levels . But frighteningly I belive you do .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:39 - Jan 8 with 1362 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:56 - Jan 8 by exhmrc1

Have you thought that they may be speaking slowly due to Welsh accent to help people pick up what they say. Both spent years out of Wales and Drakeford has been lecturing for years. I have American relatives and need to speak slowly to them as they find the accent difficult to follow as they say we tend to sing when we talk. I have had similar problems out in the USA. Years ago in work we had a Scottish typist who couldnt understand what I was dictating so went to writing everything. Drakeford's West Walian accent might well be why he is speaking so slowly as over the years he might have difficulties with students understanding him.

There's making allowances for Drakeford being inept, and then there's that.

Honestly now, most infections, most deaths and slowest vaccinations. That's OK as long as he speaks slowly because he has a Welsh accent.

He's first minister of Wales. We understand him.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:52 - Jan 8 with 1343 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:28 - Jan 8 by Dr_Winston

To a certain degree I almost admire them. The moxie to work their way towards a safe political position despite vast shortcomings takes some doing.

Geraint Davies (MP for Swansea West) is one of the most deeply stupid individuals I've ever had to interact with. Twice. Yet he's on £81,000 per year plus expenses so who's the idiot?

Us for voting them in I guess. Mind you, I have to admit to rarely voting in Senedd elections.

I always vote in the Westminster elections though, even if it's to spoil my ballot.

I'll do an alternative Kilkenny here and say the Senedd are not my government, I did not vote for them!

In my defence (for not voting) my AM was Mike Hedges. He looks more like a used car salesman.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:53 - Jan 8 with 1343 viewsmajorraglan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:01 - Jan 8 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford's latest pronouncement. Vaccination is not a race!
Yes it is race, a race to save lives, a race to get ahead of the virus, a race to get back to normal.
Why does Drakeford not ask the British Army to help out if PHW cannot vaccinate people quickly enough.

Totally agree about it being a race to save lives and get society back to normal. Drakers needs to sort this out and sharpish. The vaccine has been coming for a few months and even if they didn’t have the detail, they should have at least planned out what they were going to do and where.
If it’s too difficult to administer in care homes, then they should have central hubs where carers and nurses can travel to.
It’s my understanding the individual Health Boards are responsible for organising the vaccinations as opposed to PHW.

Regardless of whether it’s Wales, Scotland, NI or England, the politicians must not be given a free ride and they must be questioned rigorously and held to account.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:04 - Jan 8 with 1318 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:27 - Jan 8 by Boundy

I suppose subtitles are not an option and you do realise he's addressing the Welsh nation not a town in Yorkshire

For you..., thats quite funny ... 😂

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:05 - Jan 8 with 1316 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:56 - Jan 8 by exhmrc1

Have you thought that they may be speaking slowly due to Welsh accent to help people pick up what they say. Both spent years out of Wales and Drakeford has been lecturing for years. I have American relatives and need to speak slowly to them as they find the accent difficult to follow as they say we tend to sing when we talk. I have had similar problems out in the USA. Years ago in work we had a Scottish typist who couldnt understand what I was dictating so went to writing everything. Drakeford's West Walian accent might well be why he is speaking so slowly as over the years he might have difficulties with students understanding him.

Do you watch the Welsh news? It's full of Welsh people with strong Welsh accents, they speak in a normal way and I haven't noticed complaints that people don't understand them. The political reporter Owain Clarke has a much stronger accent than Drakeford.

I've heard it all now, A Welshman addressing Wales speaking very slowly in case other Welsh people can't understand him.

Sturgeon and Arlene Foster speak at normal speeds and I am not Scottish or Irish, but I have no problems.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:07 - Jan 8 with 1315 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:53 - Jan 8 by majorraglan

Totally agree about it being a race to save lives and get society back to normal. Drakers needs to sort this out and sharpish. The vaccine has been coming for a few months and even if they didn’t have the detail, they should have at least planned out what they were going to do and where.
If it’s too difficult to administer in care homes, then they should have central hubs where carers and nurses can travel to.
It’s my understanding the individual Health Boards are responsible for organising the vaccinations as opposed to PHW.

Regardless of whether it’s Wales, Scotland, NI or England, the politicians must not be given a free ride and they must be questioned rigorously and held to account.

They should be held to account, and whilst it may not be a race between the home nations we are still in last place by a long way.

What's worse is that we have no clear plan as to how to improve the situation.

To think that this clown is almost certain to be re-elected in May speaks volumes. We really aren't the sharpest are we?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:08 - Jan 8 with 1315 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:36 - Jan 8 by Boundy

Well if you think being a Professor of Social Policy and Applied Social Sciences makes him the man to lead us out of this current shit storm then I suggest you lower your expectation levels . But frighteningly I belive you do .

Well he is certainly a step up from a second rate posh boy hack who simply lies and lies.

Not being a friend of Trump is another badge of honour that Johnson fails to get.
Judge a man by the company he keeps.
Nye was right.

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:17 - Jan 8 with 1308 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:08 - Jan 8 by Kilkennyjack

Well he is certainly a step up from a second rate posh boy hack who simply lies and lies.

Not being a friend of Trump is another badge of honour that Johnson fails to get.
Judge a man by the company he keeps.
Nye was right.

That's a very low bar to set.

And you think we could be independent?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:21 - Jan 8 with 1302 viewsDr_Winston

It's extremely noticeable that the default position of Kilks, Trampie and those like them is to attempt to denigrate someone else rather than to defend Drakers and Co.

What's the matter boys? Got nothing good to say about the WG?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:12 - Jan 8 with 1288 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:33 - Jan 8 by Kilkennyjack

NHS Wales is brilliant.

Italian covid patients were flown to Germany.

I have no idea why you think counties would not assist each other. 🤷‍♂️

Some Welsh ITU patients are flown to Birmingham by means of R.A.F Sea King for emergency surgery! So the England hating Welsh Nats would then expect?... After charging the English all that money to have Welsh water, then demand? Not only the use of English NHS facilities but the use of English R.A.F as well?

I do not think English Westminster would be all that happy having to share its own precious NHS resources with a separatist country that couldn't wait to get shot of it. Provision given to another country with an entirely separate health care system from its own, that it has zero obligation to. The English public would be absolutely outraged!

What's the other alternative a newly formed Welsh air force taking patients to France or Germany? Or asking the French or German air force to help Wales like its some kind of deserving emergency-aid basket case? I do rather think all sane Welsh patients would naturally prefer to be treated as close to home and as quick as possible, it aids surgical outcomes?

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:20 - Jan 8 with 1277 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:05 - Jan 8 by Catullus

Do you watch the Welsh news? It's full of Welsh people with strong Welsh accents, they speak in a normal way and I haven't noticed complaints that people don't understand them. The political reporter Owain Clarke has a much stronger accent than Drakeford.

I've heard it all now, A Welshman addressing Wales speaking very slowly in case other Welsh people can't understand him.

Sturgeon and Arlene Foster speak at normal speeds and I am not Scottish or Irish, but I have no problems.

It is certainly a problem when speaking to people from elsewhere. As I say it is something I myself have come across especially amongst Americans. As a lecturer he would have had people from everywhere not just Wales and could well have developed speaking slowly for that reason.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:40 - Jan 8 with 1261 viewsJack123

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:20 - Jan 8 by exhmrc1

It is certainly a problem when speaking to people from elsewhere. As I say it is something I myself have come across especially amongst Americans. As a lecturer he would have had people from everywhere not just Wales and could well have developed speaking slowly for that reason.

Let's face it, he's a boring fart when he speaks.

If he was a bingo caller, he would still be a boring fart.

Edit. Drakeford I was talking about.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 23:49]

libera nos a malo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:46 - Jan 8 with 1257 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:21 - Jan 8 by Dr_Winston

It's extremely noticeable that the default position of Kilks, Trampie and those like them is to attempt to denigrate someone else rather than to defend Drakers and Co.

What's the matter boys? Got nothing good to say about the WG?

You are the ones holding up England as the benchmark that Wales is supposedly failing against.

‘They don't like it up ‘em Captain Mannering .....’

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:53 - Jan 8 with 1255 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:12 - Jan 8 by Wingstandwood

Some Welsh ITU patients are flown to Birmingham by means of R.A.F Sea King for emergency surgery! So the England hating Welsh Nats would then expect?... After charging the English all that money to have Welsh water, then demand? Not only the use of English NHS facilities but the use of English R.A.F as well?

I do not think English Westminster would be all that happy having to share its own precious NHS resources with a separatist country that couldn't wait to get shot of it. Provision given to another country with an entirely separate health care system from its own, that it has zero obligation to. The English public would be absolutely outraged!

What's the other alternative a newly formed Welsh air force taking patients to France or Germany? Or asking the French or German air force to help Wales like its some kind of deserving emergency-aid basket case? I do rather think all sane Welsh patients would naturally prefer to be treated as close to home and as quick as possible, it aids surgical outcomes?

I cant believe you wasted all that time typing that crap.

Independent countries often work together, you know like the EU.

If the UK govt had not spaffed £205 billion up the wall on Trident replacement, then we could have more doctors, nurses and teachers.

Indy wales will not be on a war footing with anyone.
You know - like Ireland, Denmark, Greece, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Norway, and the rest of the similar sized nations in the modern world.

Get off your knees and be a man.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:06 - Jan 9 with 1219 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:12 - Jan 8 by Wingstandwood

Let’s be honest the Indys are mainly a bunch of kids or low life scroungers who have no idea about the real world.

They don’t even want a referendum on what they believe in as they know they will lose.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:17 - Jan 9 with 1212 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:46 - Jan 8 by Kilkennyjack

You are the ones holding up England as the benchmark that Wales is supposedly failing against.

‘They don't like it up ‘em Captain Mannering .....’

Wales is failing against it Kilks. As bad as Johnson is doing, Drakeford is doing worse.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:32 - Jan 9 with 1188 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:17 - Jan 9 by Dr_Winston

Wales is failing against it Kilks. As bad as Johnson is doing, Drakeford is doing worse.

The reality is that Drakeford is currently doing better. As of 3 Jan Wales had a 7 day figure of 497.2 per 100,000 As against England 626.2. The English daily figures have rocketed since then whilst the Welsh daily figures have fallen. As an example Wales yesterday had 2487 and England 61757. the equivalent amount for England using the Welsh figure would be roughly 45000. England would have had roughly 17000 less cases if they had the same rate as Wales. The day before yesterday Wales had 1718 cases and England had 56050. Had England had the same rate as Wales they would have had roughly 31000. 25000 less cases than it currently has but your interest is slating Drakeford rather than using current data.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:52 - Jan 9 with 1176 viewsjohnlangy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:32 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

The reality is that Drakeford is currently doing better. As of 3 Jan Wales had a 7 day figure of 497.2 per 100,000 As against England 626.2. The English daily figures have rocketed since then whilst the Welsh daily figures have fallen. As an example Wales yesterday had 2487 and England 61757. the equivalent amount for England using the Welsh figure would be roughly 45000. England would have had roughly 17000 less cases if they had the same rate as Wales. The day before yesterday Wales had 1718 cases and England had 56050. Had England had the same rate as Wales they would have had roughly 31000. 25000 less cases than it currently has but your interest is slating Drakeford rather than using current data.

Well done for trying again and again. But they won't listen. Some times the Wales figures will be worse than the other countries and some times they'll be better. That's the way it is when lockdown and reopening in each country are happening out of step.

Now the speed at which he speaks is a problem. Amazing. And Boris, the professional liar, is better !

And the comment about the 'English RAF' beggars belief. Is it the English Army as well ? And the English Navy ? When they say that Welsh Expenditure includes £2 billion on defence what do you think that means ?

I always thought it was called the British Army.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:58 - Jan 9 with 1165 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:52 - Jan 9 by johnlangy

Well done for trying again and again. But they won't listen. Some times the Wales figures will be worse than the other countries and some times they'll be better. That's the way it is when lockdown and reopening in each country are happening out of step.

Now the speed at which he speaks is a problem. Amazing. And Boris, the professional liar, is better !

And the comment about the 'English RAF' beggars belief. Is it the English Army as well ? And the English Navy ? When they say that Welsh Expenditure includes £2 billion on defence what do you think that means ?

R.A.F Sea King helicopters have been used to transport Welsh Patients to Birmingham for emergency liver surgery. Hence the R.A.F question!

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:24 - Jan 9 with 1152 viewsexhmrc1

It isnt only the figures last year Wales assisted England by providing PPE. The Drakeford slaggers never mention that. It is anything to knock the assembly and Drakeford in particular for some. The reality is that there are differences between Wales and England and these were going on long before the Assembly was set up. There is a difference in demands of the health service locally. Valley communities have more demand than more affluent areas like Killay. There are more over 80s pro rata in Wales than the other UK countries.

Compare Drakeford and Johnson.
Who was it that said everything would be back to normal by Christmas.
Who was it that opened up sports stadia to fans and was forced to close it twice.
Who ignored scientific and medical advice and went to a 1 metre plus rule.
Who allowed people to come into the UK infected due to demands of the travel industry.
Who locked down too late in the first place.
Who brought in the scheme to encourage people to go to pubs to eat out which has led to an increase in the rate of the virus.

Drakeford isnt perfect in any way but generally his decisions over the virus have been better.

As for Drakeford speaking slowly I doubt that is his normal way of speech. He spent years in England in university. He has spent many years as a lecturer dealing with students from all countries. He has had to make sure people can understand him. No doubt that has led to him speaking more slowly.

My mothers cousins husband is a native new yorker. I have been to stay with them and they have been over here. He has difficulty understanding me because as he says us Welsh sing as we speak. I have learned to speak more slowly when speaking to Americans to try and overcome this. No doubt Drakeford has found the same over his accent over the years and has been speaking slowly for this reason. Listen to his replies in Welsh. They arent any near as slow. The West Walian accent is quite difficult for some especially outside Wales to pick up.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:52 - Jan 9 with 1145 viewsjohnlangy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:58 - Jan 9 by Wingstandwood

R.A.F Sea King helicopters have been used to transport Welsh Patients to Birmingham for emergency liver surgery. Hence the R.A.F question!

Yes. But you said the English RAF.

A hypothetical situation but if Bristol was hit as badly as London is at the moment there may be a need for some patients from there to be transferred into Wales if there was capacity to take them. That would be a good thing.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:08 - Jan 9 with 1127 viewsonehunglow

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:05 - Jan 8 by Catullus

The only welsh accents that are hard for others to decify are those from Caernarfon/Bangor or parts of Llyn.

south Wales ,east or west,is one of the most easily understood British accents.

For hard,try Glasweigian,proper Geordie,Serious north Norfolk or Belfast in full flow.

It's not the most harsh on the ear either.That has to be estuary Essex,an affront to the English language
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 11:09]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:30 - Jan 9 with 1119 viewsBoundy

Can you provide the data where Wales at any time has been at the forefront of carrying out vaccinations

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:34 - Jan 9 with 1117 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:08 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

The only welsh accents that are hard for others to decify are those from Caernarfon/Bangor or parts of Llyn.

south Wales ,east or west,is one of the most easily understood British accents.

For hard,try Glasweigian,proper Geordie,Serious north Norfolk or Belfast in full flow.

It's not the most harsh on the ear either.That has to be estuary Essex,an affront to the English language
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 11:09]

I have had problems being understood in USA. As Tom puts it you sing when you speak. I have learned to speak more slowly when in their presence. I also find the North West Walian and Scottish accents more difficult to pick up but others find my accent difficult to follow. That is fact whether I like it or not.

It is noticeable with Drakeford when he answers in Welsh he speaks far quicker. The way he speaks at the press conferences is a result of years being a lecturer and having to speak slowly to be understood. If you can get BBC Wales where you are listen to the answers he gives in Welsh they are at normal speed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024