Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Move On" 07:38 - May 29 with 1745 viewssquarebear

It's a BS expression, isn't it? It says "I'm still pleading not guilty, despite evidence to the contrary, that I am not prepared to discuss".

And it's such a loaded phrase. Packed up inside those two short words is an eye roll, a sigh, as well as the suggestion "Are you STILL babbling on about that? Really? No one else on this planet even cares. Just shut up, you loser".

"Take Back Control"
"Let's Get Brexit Done"
"Move On"

I hear and read people repeating these mantras, parrot-fashion. They're brilliant slogans, aren't they? Because even though they're persuasive and catchy, when you pick the meat from them there's really very little substance. Yet people in their millions can relate to them (in a cap-doffing, we-don't-understand-the-details" kind of way).
I can certainly appreciate why Boris wants to keep the author of these slogans on his team, no matter the cost.

Picture the scene. Following a hellish day in the House of Commons Boris returns to number 10 to find Carrie fellating special visitor Donald Trump. I've already thought of a catchy two word retort Donald should employ in lieu of an excuse.

[Post edited 29 May 2020 7:39]
"Move On" on 07:42 - May 29 with 1729 viewsHighjack

Agreed. I also hate “We’re all in this together.” It really grates on me. We’re obviously not.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

(No subject) on 08:28 - May 29 with 1681 viewsmonmouth

"I've already thought of a catchy two word retort Donald should employ in lieu of an excuse. "

Jennifer Arcuri?
[Post edited 29 May 2020 12:10]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

"Move On" on 08:59 - May 29 with 1643 viewssP7qupUf

Jingoism. This has always been the favoured approach of populist governments. No different here.

Interesting article in The Guardian earlier this week that talked about why BJ would not get rid of DC. Basically stated that BJ was desperate to be PM and that he would be recorded as having been PM, but did not like "the part in-between". BJ is not an innovative thinker and DC is his "ideas man" so he cannot afford to get shot of him.
"Move On" on 09:16 - May 29 with 1616 viewsjack_lord

"Move On" on 07:42 - May 29 by Highjack

Agreed. I also hate “We’re all in this together.” It really grates on me. We’re obviously not.

I had two images in my mind from a couple of days ago. At the back of Singleton hospital, three people all in serious PPE gear cleaning up an ambulance (apparently army) then drove home and in the centre of Mumbles four young women on a bench enjoying ice cream and taking photos of the pier and I thought straight away "we're in this together"

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

"Move On" on 09:34 - May 29 with 1599 viewsFireboy2

"Move On" on 09:16 - May 29 by jack_lord

I had two images in my mind from a couple of days ago. At the back of Singleton hospital, three people all in serious PPE gear cleaning up an ambulance (apparently army) then drove home and in the centre of Mumbles four young women on a bench enjoying ice cream and taking photos of the pier and I thought straight away "we're in this together"

People like those women along with the leadership of this country are the reason why too many people have died and the ambulance cleaners are the reason why more havent died.
"Move On" on 09:59 - May 29 with 1579 viewsNotLoyal

"Move On" on 09:34 - May 29 by Fireboy2

People like those women along with the leadership of this country are the reason why too many people have died and the ambulance cleaners are the reason why more havent died.

I find it hard to understand why other European countries have managed to follow the government guidelines but the U.K, especially England won’t and don’t.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

"Move On" on 10:14 - May 29 with 1558 viewsCatullus

"Move On" on 09:16 - May 29 by jack_lord

The 'we're in this together' thing means, to me, that any one of us could catch this virus, any one of us could be asymptomatic and infectious and that's why we all need to follow the rules.
The last 3 days in a row I have seen a gang on young people (16-25 I reckon) gather on a local sports field, they were sitting together, about 9/10 of them and all far too close together. I should report them but I haven't.
It's these young adults who seem (to me) to be the worst offenders, they have already moved on.

On the OP, I entirely agree, the 'move on' Bojo is talking about isn't acceptable, it's just reinforcing the do as I say, not as I do attitude that most of us hate.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

"Move On" on 11:51 - May 29 with 1517 viewsPegojack

"Move On" is an insult to the intelligence and a slap in the face for the British public. Thanks to all those who voted Tory last time around.

It might not be as catchy, but the response should be "Yes, I am moving on, and next time I'm voting Labour".
Login to get fewer ads

"Move On" on 11:54 - May 29 with 1512 viewsHighjack

"Move On" on 10:14 - May 29 by Catullus

The 'we're in this together' thing means, to me, that any one of us could catch this virus, any one of us could be asymptomatic and infectious and that's why we all need to follow the rules.
The last 3 days in a row I have seen a gang on young people (16-25 I reckon) gather on a local sports field, they were sitting together, about 9/10 of them and all far too close together. I should report them but I haven't.
It's these young adults who seem (to me) to be the worst offenders, they have already moved on.

On the OP, I entirely agree, the 'move on' Bojo is talking about isn't acceptable, it's just reinforcing the do as I say, not as I do attitude that most of us hate.

We might be in it together but some people are in the deep end gasping for air risking their health every day whilst others are playfully frolicking in a paddling pool enjoying the sun and endless ice cold beers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

"Move On" on 12:12 - May 29 with 1494 viewsmonmouth

"Move On" on 11:51 - May 29 by Pegojack

"Move On" is an insult to the intelligence and a slap in the face for the British public. Thanks to all those who voted Tory last time around.

It might not be as catchy, but the response should be "Yes, I am moving on, and next time I'm voting Labour".

"Move on, Vote Labour" works. Sign him up. The new Dom for Mr Starmer. Pego Cum.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

"Move On" on 12:13 - May 29 with 1492 viewslegoman

"Move On" on 11:51 - May 29 by Pegojack

Damn straight. I'm not a political person but this government has seriously p*ssed me off over this whole sorry episode

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

"Move On" on 12:43 - May 29 with 1466 viewsPegojack

"Move On" on 12:12 - May 29 by monmouth

"Move on, Vote Labour" works. Sign him up. The new Dom for Mr Starmer. Pego Cum.

Nice one, Monny!

Don't know about Pego Cum though, sounds a bit like an unsavory Spanish clothes stain.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024