Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tummer 14:23 - Jun 14 with 2559 viewsDarran

Well done Pal. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tummer on 14:27 - Jun 14 with 2205 viewsNeath_Jack

He'd have been tugging him off, not giving him the bird.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tummer on 16:28 - Jun 14 with 2060 viewsAce_Jack

Truly a great president

Tummer on 16:29 - Jun 14 with 2059 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tummer on 16:34 - Jun 14 with 2039 viewsDJack

Tummer on 16:29 - Jun 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

Excuse my ignorance Tumms but what does that mean?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tummer on 16:45 - Jun 14 with 2008 viewsMrSwerve

Tummer on 16:34 - Jun 14 by DJack

Excuse my ignorance Tumms but what does that mean?

2 in the pink, 1 in the stink.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tummer on 16:47 - Jun 14 with 2002 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer on 16:29 - Jun 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

Tummer - you’re not talking to Trump supporters in the main on here, so you can use words if you like rather than pictures.
Tummer on 16:56 - Jun 14 with 1971 viewsicecoldjack

Tummer on 16:45 - Jun 14 by MrSwerve

2 in the pink, 1 in the stink.

That depends on what kind of lady your taking home.
Tummer on 16:58 - Jun 14 with 1966 viewsJackSomething

Tummer on 16:28 - Jun 14 by Ace_Jack

Truly a great president

His reaction was what you'd expect from someone with a huge ego and thin skin, but was I the only one who watched the video of him on the ramp and thought 'is that it?'

I can't stand him, but it just looked like a 74 year old being cautious on a slope. Feel free to disagree, but I feel like this just feeds the fire of his supporters who think the rest of us attack everything he does.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Tummer on 17:14 - Jun 14 with 1918 viewsAce_Jack

Tummer on 16:58 - Jun 14 by JackSomething

His reaction was what you'd expect from someone with a huge ego and thin skin, but was I the only one who watched the video of him on the ramp and thought 'is that it?'

I can't stand him, but it just looked like a 74 year old being cautious on a slope. Feel free to disagree, but I feel like this just feeds the fire of his supporters who think the rest of us attack everything he does.

I thought he was a bit slow but it’s funny how triggered he is over it.
Tummer on 19:18 - Jun 14 with 1770 viewsHighjack

I wouldn’t have put Trump down as a momentum supporter but I suppose you learn something new every day.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tummer on 21:34 - Jun 14 with 1675 viewsAce_Jack

Tummer on 19:18 - Jun 14 by Highjack

I wouldn’t have put Trump down as a momentum supporter but I suppose you learn something new every day.

Horseshoe theory innit
Tummer on 22:05 - Jun 14 with 1644 viewsDJack

Tummer on 19:18 - Jun 14 by Highjack

Looking at the video I'd say that momentum was the last thing he wanted.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tummer on 02:13 - Jun 15 with 1554 viewsGlyn1

Not speaking for Tummer (I only met him for a couple of minutes), but from his previous posts I understand that he is a right winger on economic issues and a libertarian on personal issues. I hope that he comes along to explain what's happening over there.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Tummer on 09:34 - Jun 15 with 1444 viewsAce_Jack

He's a libertarian until you want control over your own body. He's absolutely nothing of the sort.
Tummer on 18:43 - Jun 15 with 1337 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tummer on 02:13 - Jun 15 by Glyn1

Not speaking for Tummer (I only met him for a couple of minutes), but from his previous posts I understand that he is a right winger on economic issues and a libertarian on personal issues. I hope that he comes along to explain what's happening over there.

Hey Glyn - hope you are doing well! Yes, that is an accurate description of me.

If by "what's happening over here" you mean Dallas, there is a lot of protesting going on these days over two very separate issues. One, a movement is growing in Dallas to defund and/or completely abolish our police force, which is so idiotic I hope even the most radical here don't need me to explain why. Never the less, I don't mind it as it is only going to hurt the Democrats in November if it maintains any momentum that long, which I doubt.

Issue number two, there is a separate movement developing in Dallas to remove every statue or monument related to the US Civil War Confederacy. In all honesty, I've never noticed a single one of them and I've lived here 12 years, but apparently they exist.

In the case of the latter issue, I'm in full support of the protestors, and that sentiment is much more bipartisan than you might think. I make no apologies for being a Southerner (not that it matters, but for the record, none of my ancestors owned slaves); but I've always felt that having monuments to the Confederacy and displaying the infamous Dixie Battle Flag or whatever they call it is no less offensive than similarly honoring the Nazis in contemporary Germany would be. On top of the evilness of slavery that it represents, it also honors and romanticizes the attempt to tear apart and destroy the USA.

I've argued this as long as I can remember to hard headed people who spin all kinds of elaborate justifications, as well as often reminding me that Robert E Lee was a brilliant general who deserves to be recognized. WTF ever. These fools aren't necessarily racist, but they are ignorant. Lee fought and led troops that killed hundred of thousands of Americans for no other reason than the desire to keep slavery alive for wealthy southerners. Rommel was a brilliant field marshall; you don't see statues or anything named after him in Germany.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Tummer on 15:43 - Jun 16 with 1207 viewsTummer_from_Texas

LOL apparently mart6 is pro Confederacy.

Tummer on 15:51 - Jun 16 with 1189 viewslondonlisa2001

Tummer on 15:43 - Jun 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

Funnily, I read it and though it was the first time I can say I’ve agreed with one of your posts.

Although on the subject of police defunding - the argument is surely not to not have a police service? Isn’t the argument that the current force is so ingrained with poor behaviour that it’s become almost impossible to reform it from within, and it may be easier to form a new force from scratch that better reflects the community it is policing?
Tummer on 16:00 - Jun 16 with 1162 viewsAce_Jack

Tummer on 15:43 - Jun 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

strange as i think you're bang on for once.
Tummer on 16:18 - Jun 16 with 1139 viewsHighjack

Tummer on 18:43 - Jun 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

Hey Glyn - hope you are doing well! Yes, that is an accurate description of me.

If by "what's happening over here" you mean Dallas, there is a lot of protesting going on these days over two very separate issues. One, a movement is growing in Dallas to defund and/or completely abolish our police force, which is so idiotic I hope even the most radical here don't need me to explain why. Never the less, I don't mind it as it is only going to hurt the Democrats in November if it maintains any momentum that long, which I doubt.

Issue number two, there is a separate movement developing in Dallas to remove every statue or monument related to the US Civil War Confederacy. In all honesty, I've never noticed a single one of them and I've lived here 12 years, but apparently they exist.

In the case of the latter issue, I'm in full support of the protestors, and that sentiment is much more bipartisan than you might think. I make no apologies for being a Southerner (not that it matters, but for the record, none of my ancestors owned slaves); but I've always felt that having monuments to the Confederacy and displaying the infamous Dixie Battle Flag or whatever they call it is no less offensive than similarly honoring the Nazis in contemporary Germany would be. On top of the evilness of slavery that it represents, it also honors and romanticizes the attempt to tear apart and destroy the USA.

I've argued this as long as I can remember to hard headed people who spin all kinds of elaborate justifications, as well as often reminding me that Robert E Lee was a brilliant general who deserves to be recognized. WTF ever. These fools aren't necessarily racist, but they are ignorant. Lee fought and led troops that killed hundred of thousands of Americans for no other reason than the desire to keep slavery alive for wealthy southerners. Rommel was a brilliant field marshall; you don't see statues or anything named after him in Germany.

I don’t understand the pulling down of statues stuff. Lee was obviously a bad guy but he is genuinely such a big part of your history. Can’t you just have an inscription underneath it saying “this was General Lee, he was a bit of a c*nt?”

We’ve got Cromwell statues, a man who literally committed genocide but we shouldn’t tear them down. You need to remember the bad history, not just the good.

I understand the points about Rommel and Hitler etc but none of us would advocate bulldozing Auschwitz either. It is a difficult one.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Tummer on 16:25 - Jun 16 with 1121 viewsHumpty

Tummer on 16:18 - Jun 16 by Highjack

I don’t understand the pulling down of statues stuff. Lee was obviously a bad guy but he is genuinely such a big part of your history. Can’t you just have an inscription underneath it saying “this was General Lee, he was a bit of a c*nt?”

We’ve got Cromwell statues, a man who literally committed genocide but we shouldn’t tear them down. You need to remember the bad history, not just the good.

I understand the points about Rommel and Hitler etc but none of us would advocate bulldozing Auschwitz either. It is a difficult one.

You don't need statues to know history.

We all know a lot about Hitler despite the lack of statues of him.
Tummer on 16:33 - Jun 16 with 1101 viewsTreforys_Jack

Tummer on 16:25 - Jun 16 by Humpty

I like a decent statue, good for photography.
Tummer on 16:34 - Jun 16 with 1099 viewsHumpty

Tummer on 16:33 - Jun 16 by Treforys_Jack

I like a decent statue, good for photography.

Cool.

I'm not advocating banning statues.
Tummer on 16:38 - Jun 16 with 1089 viewsTreforys_Jack

Tummer on 16:34 - Jun 16 by Humpty

Cool.

I'm not advocating banning statues.

It's amazing, if you'd said 3mths ago that in June the country would be squabbling over statues, you'd be labelled insane. Just goes to show what a great job the government has done to deflect their disgraceful handling of Covid. Power to the press !!!
Tummer on 16:46 - Jun 16 with 1076 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tummer on 15:51 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

Funnily, I read it and though it was the first time I can say I’ve agreed with one of your posts.

Although on the subject of police defunding - the argument is surely not to not have a police service? Isn’t the argument that the current force is so ingrained with poor behaviour that it’s become almost impossible to reform it from within, and it may be easier to form a new force from scratch that better reflects the community it is policing?

"Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police"

New York Times.

Not exactly a fringe source.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/opinion/sunday/floyd-abolish-defund-police.ht

Last I heard, the Minneapolis City Council has the supermajority necessary to disband their police force, even over the veto of their (very leftist himself) mayor.

The city council president went on CNN and was asked what people should do if someone is breaking into their house. Her reply was that the question came from "a place of privilege."

We indeed have insane people in positions of authority.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 16:51]

Tummer on 16:47 - Jun 16 with 1072 viewsHighjack

Tummer on 16:25 - Jun 16 by Humpty

Well Hitler is one of the most infamous characters who ever lived and his deeds were in living memory to lots still alive today. There are probably hundreds of thousands of families who have suffered because of him still alive today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024