Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? 00:46 - Jun 21 with 9404 viewsDarran

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:28 - Jun 21 with 1416 viewsDrizzy

Thick as mince but with an expansive vocabulary.

Pound shop Lohengrin is here. Ready to take over from his senile predecessor.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:28 - Jun 21 with 1407 viewsCatullus

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:05 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Thanks to this thread though, Kerouac is in danger of being removed for speaking openly, even using links and docs to support his case. If that's enough for Darran to start a f ucking vote on whether people should be allowed on the board, we're in choppy waters, and I'd have to think twice before posting what are often uncomfortable and unpopular facts.

Am I next for a vote if I uncover some uncomfortable BLM facts and ideologies? Like how the Premier League has emblazoned an extreme, Marxist organisation on everyone's shirts? An organisation against the role of the nuclear family, who wants to tear that most stable and nurturing environment for a child apart?

Why couldn't we see 'No to Racism' instead. That is free from politics and especially free from an organisation where some of the tenets, when people actually look at them, conflict very much with our way of life.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 11:07]

Well on other threads people seem to have generally ignored or dismissed anything posted about BLM that doesn't fit their ideology/agenda/point of view. I don't know why this thread will be any different?

There have been suggestions that saying anything besides BLM is racist, even saying all racism is wrong has been decried.

It seems that any opinion is welcome as long as it 100% agrees with BLM. That's why I've said that saying BLM is fine in itself but that only with hindsight will we know if the BLM group itself is what people on here claim it is.

I shall still stick with all racism is wrong, wherever it comes from, whoever it's directed at, it's wrong.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:31 - Jun 21 with 1399 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:24 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Blimey, for someone who is a self-proclaimed intellectual, you can't quite grasp a forum can you? Drizz is obviously talking about Kerouac ffs.

F uck me, he used the pronoun 'he' instead of a name, after a series of my posts. I don't think that even requires an intellectual brain to assume it was directed at me.

If not, fine. If only people used names instead of ambiguous pronouns. But what do i know about forums and clarity...
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:34 - Jun 21 with 1383 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:31 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

F uck me, he used the pronoun 'he' instead of a name, after a series of my posts. I don't think that even requires an intellectual brain to assume it was directed at me.

If not, fine. If only people used names instead of ambiguous pronouns. But what do i know about forums and clarity...

It was obviously not posted towards you, no matter how much you whine about it.

You don't need names to be posted to follow a flow of a thread, even on this oddball forum.

Maybe you're just too clever for it all?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:35 - Jun 21 with 1381 viewsJimmyGilligan

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:18 - Jun 21 by Swanjaxs

For me the banning of a poster shouldn't be open for debate, I would imagine the forum R&R's are clearly set out for all to see.

If a poster breaks the rules, then a ban should be imposed, whether it be a temporary ban ( a cooling off period ) or sine die.

It never was, it's just Darran attention seeking...again
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:36 - Jun 21 with 1377 viewsJimmyGilligan

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:28 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:37 - Jun 21 with 1375 viewsGlossolalia

People with the capacity and alacrity to look further into things are often lambasted, because they discover little things that people may not want to know or hear. No one has challenged my take on BLM being heavily Marxist because it's true.

How easy it must be to throw cheap insults, and never to address the questions at hand. Low risk I guess mate. If I'm thick, you're an amoeba's right foot.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:42 - Jun 21 with 1362 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:28 - Jun 21 by Catullus

Well on other threads people seem to have generally ignored or dismissed anything posted about BLM that doesn't fit their ideology/agenda/point of view. I don't know why this thread will be any different?

There have been suggestions that saying anything besides BLM is racist, even saying all racism is wrong has been decried.

It seems that any opinion is welcome as long as it 100% agrees with BLM. That's why I've said that saying BLM is fine in itself but that only with hindsight will we know if the BLM group itself is what people on here claim it is.

I shall still stick with all racism is wrong, wherever it comes from, whoever it's directed at, it's wrong.

Truest thing said on this thread. Some refuse to fall in line with the narrative, and the usual suspects quickly come rushing in with their glib tripe, not answering the questions, and calling foul and idiocy on those who actually bother to educate themselves about the world. Empty vessels and all that.
Login to get fewer ads

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:46 - Jun 21 with 1349 viewsDarran

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:23 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Call me what you wish. Darran, actually try replying to my questions.

BLM is heavily Marxist-influenced. Had you read their manifesto, you'd reach the same conclusion. As I mentioned, BLM's ostensible aim is most agreeable. Need I again say that I despise racism and bigotry?

Look a little deeper and there are some uncomfortable truths about their outlook. However, for those who don't know BLM very well, it's understandable to see them only as an anti-racism movement, and to call racist on those who say there's more to it.

Tire myself out? If you look at my previous threads and posts, I think you'll find that I tire others out with sound logic and reasoning.

Confusing me with Drizzy is one of the worst things to ever happen to me and I’ve had a few things happen to me.
I’m very upset.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:49 - Jun 21 with 1337 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:46 - Jun 21 by Darran

Confusing me with Drizzy is one of the worst things to ever happen to me and I’ve had a few things happen to me.
I’m very upset.

The post is directed at Drizzle. The second sentence is an aside to you, but I realise you'll likely sit back and watch this thread unfold in its predictable way. Crack on.

To all those who responded - thanks for telling me what I suspected. I shoehorned the BLM thing in to see if the bait would be taken. It was taken voraciously. I don't mean to say that the BLM isn't important or that I used them as a means to get a reaction, because knowledge of all their goals is important. Its ostensible aims, or at least, the aims foregrounded and digested by the masses are agreeable. But to say that BLM isn't political or Marxist is so misguided, ignorant and naive.

This leads to my first post - the PL should steer clear of anything political. A universal repudiation of anything racist is of course most welcomed by everyone with a conscience. No to racism, yes to firm discussion.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 11:58]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:54 - Jun 21 with 1313 viewsCatullus

Here's a thought. If Kerouac is in danger of being banned then shouldn't Drizzy be there too?
If an offensive post is grounds for banning doesn't this fit the criteria?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:57 - Jun 21 with 1308 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:37 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

People with the capacity and alacrity to look further into things are often lambasted, because they discover little things that people may not want to know or hear. No one has challenged my take on BLM being heavily Marxist because it's true.

How easy it must be to throw cheap insults, and never to address the questions at hand. Low risk I guess mate. If I'm thick, you're an amoeba's right foot.

BLM is a movement and the hundreds of thousands that peacefully protested on British streets have no affiliation with the BLM organisation. The vast majority are protesting racism and the resulting inequality which is still a cancer in our society.

I hope that's easy for you to understand. Sorry, Drizzy hopes that Glossolalia finds it easy to understand.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:01 - Jun 21 with 1298 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:57 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

BLM is a movement and the hundreds of thousands that peacefully protested on British streets have no affiliation with the BLM organisation. The vast majority are protesting racism and the resulting inequality which is still a cancer in our society.

I hope that's easy for you to understand. Sorry, Drizzy hopes that Glossolalia finds it easy to understand.

You're too much . Woods from trees and all that. Read my edited post. And hey, well done on quoting me this time. Just a click of a button.

No affiliation? The protests were BLM protests. Labelled as such. Many people held up placards with BLM on them. Although they probably thought that BLM is a slogan akin to 'No To Racism'; ignorant to the fact that BLM are a movement with a firm ideology.

Thinking intolerant. You fit that perfectly. Nuance and the multifaceted nature of things seems lost on you.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:06]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:02 - Jun 21 with 1289 viewsCatullus

Illeism?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:05 - Jun 21 with 1284 viewschad

Where is the money going?
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:08 - Jun 21 with 1276 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:05 - Jun 21 by chad

Where is the money going?

To pay Wayne Rooneys wages.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:12 - Jun 21 with 1259 viewsDarran

The poll is now over and Kerouac stays which means Drizzy,Humpty and Lisa can continue to make his threads last as long as possible.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:13 - Jun 21 with 1258 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:01 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

You're too much . Woods from trees and all that. Read my edited post. And hey, well done on quoting me this time. Just a click of a button.

No affiliation? The protests were BLM protests. Labelled as such. Many people held up placards with BLM on them. Although they probably thought that BLM is a slogan akin to 'No To Racism'; ignorant to the fact that BLM are a movement with a firm ideology.

Thinking intolerant. You fit that perfectly. Nuance and the multifaceted nature of things seems lost on you.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:06]

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

I can't see anything about Marxism here so I'm not sure how writing BLM on a placard is supporting Marxist ideology. The vast majority of people take BLM to literally mean black lives matter. Shocking, I know.

There's another way to describe seeing and knowing things other people don't, paranoid psychosis.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:17 - Jun 21 with 1247 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:49 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

The post is directed at Drizzle. The second sentence is an aside to you, but I realise you'll likely sit back and watch this thread unfold in its predictable way. Crack on.

To all those who responded - thanks for telling me what I suspected. I shoehorned the BLM thing in to see if the bait would be taken. It was taken voraciously. I don't mean to say that the BLM isn't important or that I used them as a means to get a reaction, because knowledge of all their goals is important. Its ostensible aims, or at least, the aims foregrounded and digested by the masses are agreeable. But to say that BLM isn't political or Marxist is so misguided, ignorant and naive.

This leads to my first post - the PL should steer clear of anything political. A universal repudiation of anything racist is of course most welcomed by everyone with a conscience. No to racism, yes to firm discussion.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 11:58]

A self-styled intellectual playing 4-dimensional chess to make points that nobody understands.

God, you're boring. I'm starting to miss Kerouac.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:21 - Jun 21 with 1235 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:13 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

I can't see anything about Marxism here so I'm not sure how writing BLM on a placard is supporting Marxist ideology. The vast majority of people take BLM to literally mean black lives matter. Shocking, I know.

There's another way to describe seeing and knowing things other people don't, paranoid psychosis.

'We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable'.

Oh hello Marxist views on the nuclear family being a model for authority etc.Would you be happy with that way of bringing up children? The nuclear family has existed for 500+ years in the UK. Could it be that it's, overall, the best environment for a child to grow up in? Studies support this.
I've already made that distinction, about most people simply thinking BLM means just that. You constantly seem one step behind.

People who hold up a BLM placard are unwittingly supporting an ideology, as well as a movement. They aren't simply regurgitating a slogan. Understand this at least.

Well done, you looked online. But you failed to recognise the Marxist standpoint on the family, somehow. With that, I think I've wasted enough time on a myopic fool for one day. Peace.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:25]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:22 - Jun 21 with 1226 viewsLohengrin

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:13 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

Own it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:24 - Jun 21 with 1220 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:17 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

A self-styled intellectual playing 4-dimensional chess to make points that nobody understands.

God, you're boring. I'm starting to miss Kerouac.

Well there we are. You don't understand, but don't assume the 100+ people who read these threads without commenting are as amazingly confused as you are. Next please.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:39]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:25 - Jun 21 with 1218 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:22 - Jun 21 by Lohengrin

Own it.

Fake pictures circulating through a Russian bot farm on Twitter.

Do learn to fact-check things you see on the internet, Loh.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:26]

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:30 - Jun 21 with 1200 viewsGreatBritton

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 08:14 - Jun 21 by WarwickHunt

Stick to science, Prof.

I simply won't have it that you dismiss the Prof's view of Catcher in the Rye as overrated. It is a piece of adolsecent nonsense that somehow got famous, rather in the way that Deelyboppers caught the imgination once.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:30 - Jun 21 with 1200 viewsJimmyGilligan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024