Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? 00:46 - Jun 21 with 9407 viewsDarran

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:03 - Jun 21 with 1117 viewsmonmouth

No, just like Ayatollah Khomeinei should have been put on television everywhere to show what a dribbling moron full of piss wind and nothing that he was, so should this disgusting prize plum.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:18 - Jun 21 with 1086 viewsSwanjaxs

For me the banning of a poster shouldn't be open for debate, I would imagine the forum R&R's are clearly set out for all to see.

If a poster breaks the rules, then a ban should be imposed, whether it be a temporary ban ( a cooling off period ) or sine die.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:20 - Jun 21 with 1081 viewsGlossolalia

Any supporting reason as to why this is up for vote Darran? Or quotes where Kerouac has overstepped the mark? Otherwise this just seems ridiculous.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:23 - Jun 21 with 1074 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 05:10 - Jun 21 by Pegojack

Certainly not. I reject everything he says, and I would defend to the death his right to say it, to paraphrase some French bloke.

Well, maybe not to the death in his case.....
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 5:36]

You're thinking of Voltaire. But it was not him, it was Evelyn Beatrice Hall. Regardless, I commend your sentiments.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:24 - Jun 21 with 1072 viewsexiledclaseboy

Having him on ignore or just mostly ignoring him is the way to go. He’s clearly mental.

Poll: Tory leader

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:36 - Jun 21 with 1045 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:23 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

You're thinking of Voltaire. But it was not him, it was Evelyn Beatrice Hall. Regardless, I commend your sentiments.

Albert Camus, how absurd...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:36 - Jun 21 with 1044 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 08:31 - Jun 21 by Arthur_from_OTB

Please stop banning people.

For some on here it would be comforting to just see posts from those who share your view of the world but without reading contrary opinions you will never understand your predicament.

What is your predicament? You are brainwashed. You believe things that are obviously not true.

What are these things that are not true? I can’t tell you because I don’t want to be banned but if you get enough posters on here who question your views and who point out contradictions in your thinking then you will begin to understand how you are just regurgitating dogma instead of basing your thoughts on logic and experience.

Nobody has been banned, stop being silly.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:37 - Jun 21 with 1041 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:36 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Albert Camus, how absurd...

A rereading of The Plague is in order...
Login to get fewer ads

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 10:37 - Jun 21 with 993 viewsCatullus

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 09:36 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Nobody has been banned, stop being silly.

Not recently maybe.

I wasn't aware this forum was a democracy? I thought the rules were laid down and the Mods made decisions based on those rules.

If that's not the case, what point the Mods? We can all just start polls about which comments, threads or posters should be removed. That should see this board lurch heavily to the left!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 10:41 - Jun 21 with 986 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 10:37 - Jun 21 by Catullus

Not recently maybe.

I wasn't aware this forum was a democracy? I thought the rules were laid down and the Mods made decisions based on those rules.

If that's not the case, what point the Mods? We can all just start polls about which comments, threads or posters should be removed. That should see this board lurch heavily to the left!

Nobody has been banned for being racist, which is what that other chap was alluding to i think.

It's generally a free for all on here, pretty much always has been. You've got to be a right consistent pain in the arse to get a ban.

I've no idea what the point of mods are to be honest, they do very little on here, they generally let things run their course.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:05 - Jun 21 with 964 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 10:41 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Nobody has been banned for being racist, which is what that other chap was alluding to i think.

It's generally a free for all on here, pretty much always has been. You've got to be a right consistent pain in the arse to get a ban.

I've no idea what the point of mods are to be honest, they do very little on here, they generally let things run their course.

Thanks to this thread though, Kerouac is in danger of being removed for speaking openly, even using links and docs to support his case. If that's enough for Darran to start a f ucking vote on whether people should be allowed on the board, we're in choppy waters, and I'd have to think twice before posting what are often uncomfortable and unpopular facts.

Am I next for a vote if I uncover some uncomfortable BLM facts and ideologies? Like how the Premier League has emblazoned an extreme, Marxist organisation on everyone's shirts? An organisation against the role of the nuclear family, who wants to tear that most stable and nurturing environment for a child apart?

Why couldn't we see 'No to Racism' instead. That is free from politics and especially free from an organisation where some of the tenets, when people actually look at them, conflict very much with our way of life.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 11:07]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:07 - Jun 21 with 958 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:05 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Thanks to this thread though, Kerouac is in danger of being removed for speaking openly, even using links and docs to support his case. If that's enough for Darran to start a f ucking vote on whether people should be allowed on the board, we're in choppy waters, and I'd have to think twice before posting what are often uncomfortable and unpopular facts.

Am I next for a vote if I uncover some uncomfortable BLM facts and ideologies? Like how the Premier League has emblazoned an extreme, Marxist organisation on everyone's shirts? An organisation against the role of the nuclear family, who wants to tear that most stable and nurturing environment for a child apart?

Why couldn't we see 'No to Racism' instead. That is free from politics and especially free from an organisation where some of the tenets, when people actually look at them, conflict very much with our way of life.

oh f*ck , incoming
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:08 - Jun 21 with 955 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:07 - Jun 21 by Treforys_Jack

oh f*ck , incoming

Got something interesting to say? This thread was getting dull anyway.

And I have an ulterior motive. It seems this thread and vote has a better chance of being removed if I start spitting some truth bombs.

Darran, you're a mug for doing this.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 11:11]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:10 - Jun 21 with 951 viewsNotLoyal

Nobody should be banned, it’s an abuse of any power banning people if you disagree with them.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:11 - Jun 21 with 952 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:05 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Stop being so dramatic.

Go start a poll about whether there should be polls about posters being banned.

If Darran wanted to ban him he'd be gone by now, he wouldn't need a poll result to do it.

This is a football forum, most of those weighing in about the current political climate, contribute nothing or next to nothing to the football talk anyway.

This board will always be full of rabid arguments, no matter what the subject.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:11 - Jun 21 with 948 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:08 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Got something interesting to say? This thread was getting dull anyway.

And I have an ulterior motive. It seems this thread and vote has a better chance of being removed if I start spitting some truth bombs.

Darran, you're a mug for doing this.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 11:11]

I basically agree with you, against all racism , however if you question blm motives your a scummy racist.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:12 - Jun 21 with 944 viewsDrizzy

He'll tire himself out eventually, becoming more hostile and aggressive in the process. I suspect he'll leave of his own accord and return after a long a break, nastier than before. That's his usual.

The people who think an anti-racism movement is a Marxist conspiracy or a war against white people are the reason the movement exists. Thankfully the nutjobs are significantly outnumbered in society compared to this forum where they run rampant.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:14 - Jun 21 with 940 viewsDarran

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:12 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

He'll tire himself out eventually, becoming more hostile and aggressive in the process. I suspect he'll leave of his own accord and return after a long a break, nastier than before. That's his usual.

The people who think an anti-racism movement is a Marxist conspiracy or a war against white people are the reason the movement exists. Thankfully the nutjobs are significantly outnumbered in society compared to this forum where they run rampant.

He won’t whilst you,Humpty and Lisa keep replying to him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:14 - Jun 21 with 939 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:11 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Stop being so dramatic.

Go start a poll about whether there should be polls about posters being banned.

If Darran wanted to ban him he'd be gone by now, he wouldn't need a poll result to do it.

This is a football forum, most of those weighing in about the current political climate, contribute nothing or next to nothing to the football talk anyway.

This board will always be full of rabid arguments, no matter what the subject.

So why does this thread even exist then? For what purpose other than to potentially ban him?

I'm all for arguments pal, as you should know by now, but setting a platform to perhaps ban someone is other thing altogether.

As for starting a poll, get real. Farcical comes to mind.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:17 - Jun 21 with 931 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:11 - Jun 21 by Treforys_Jack

I basically agree with you, against all racism , however if you question blm motives your a scummy racist.

Didn't take long for the R word to appear. It depends on what you mean by motives.

If you mean BLM's outlook, there are things I highly question, especially their view on the family. However, I do agree with most of their points, but these are implicit in the minds of all decent people - be kind and fair to all. But of course.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:22 - Jun 21 with 918 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:14 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

So why does this thread even exist then? For what purpose other than to potentially ban him?

I'm all for arguments pal, as you should know by now, but setting a platform to perhaps ban someone is other thing altogether.

As for starting a poll, get real. Farcical comes to mind.

Maybe you should direct your question to the person who started the poll, might be the logical place to start?

Stop being so precious, it is a football forum for Allah sake.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:23 - Jun 21 with 915 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:12 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

Call me what you wish. Darran, actually try replying to my questions.

BLM is heavily Marxist-influenced. Had you read their manifesto, you'd reach the same conclusion. As I mentioned, BLM's ostensible aim is most agreeable. Need I again say that I despise racism and bigotry?

Look a little deeper and there are some uncomfortable truths about their outlook. However, for those who don't know BLM very well, it's understandable to see them only as an anti-racism movement, and to call racist on those who say there's more to it.

Tire myself out? If you look at my previous threads and posts, I think you'll find that I tire others out with sound logic and reasoning.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:24 - Jun 21 with 913 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:17 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Didn't take long for the R word to appear. It depends on what you mean by motives.

If you mean BLM's outlook, there are things I highly question, especially their view on the family. However, I do agree with most of their points, but these are implicit in the minds of all decent people - be kind and fair to all. But of course.

And that is my point exactly , but you get pilloried on here for questioning. I'm off out, have a good one 👍
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:24 - Jun 21 with 913 viewsNeath_Jack

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:23 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Call me what you wish. Darran, actually try replying to my questions.

BLM is heavily Marxist-influenced. Had you read their manifesto, you'd reach the same conclusion. As I mentioned, BLM's ostensible aim is most agreeable. Need I again say that I despise racism and bigotry?

Look a little deeper and there are some uncomfortable truths about their outlook. However, for those who don't know BLM very well, it's understandable to see them only as an anti-racism movement, and to call racist on those who say there's more to it.

Tire myself out? If you look at my previous threads and posts, I think you'll find that I tire others out with sound logic and reasoning.

Blimey, for someone who is a self-proclaimed intellectual, you can't quite grasp a forum can you? Drizz is obviously talking about Kerouac ffs.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:26 - Jun 21 with 909 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 11:22 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Maybe you should direct your question to the person who started the poll, might be the logical place to start?

Stop being so precious, it is a football forum for Allah sake.

My first post were questions addressed to Darran. After you chimed in, I addressed some to you. It's how conversations work. Although all I'm getting in return are humorless jibes and not lot of answers.

I'm not being precious NeddJack, simply calling out a stupid vote and a stupid thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024