Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? 00:46 - Jun 21 with 9406 viewsDarran

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:30 - Jun 21 with 1387 viewsexiledclaseboy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:22 - Jun 21 by Lohengrin

Own it.

Mug

Poll: Tory leader

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:35 - Jun 21 with 1364 viewsCatullus

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:25 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

Fake pictures circulating through a Russian bot farm on Twitter.

Do learn to fact-check things you see on the internet, Loh.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:26]

Fake pictures from a Russian bot farm on Twitter yet apparently found on walls in Scotland? It doesn't mean they came from BLM but they are circulating which is dangerous in an already febrile atmosphere.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/if-they-dont-stop-kill-a-cop-outrage-at-po

PS, not terrorism,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-53123975
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:38]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:42 - Jun 21 with 1337 viewschad

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:13 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

I can't see anything about Marxism here so I'm not sure how writing BLM on a placard is supporting Marxist ideology. The vast majority of people take BLM to literally mean black lives matter. Shocking, I know.

There's another way to describe seeing and knowing things other people don't, paranoid psychosis.

‘while dismantling White Supremacy, Patriarchy, Capitalism, Imperialism and the role the state plays in supporting them’

There is another way of describing avoiding the obvious, deceit
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:46 - Jun 21 with 1329 viewsGlossolalia

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:42 - Jun 21 by chad

‘while dismantling White Supremacy, Patriarchy, Capitalism, Imperialism and the role the state plays in supporting them’

Chad, he's just nailed his own coffin shut with that display.

He strikes me as someone whose learning is based on reaction, and by skim-reading the BLM tenets for the sake of a sarky reply, has failed to absorb any salient information.

I'm off to work. Maybe you can educate and entertain this bozo.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:47]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:48 - Jun 21 with 1317 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:42 - Jun 21 by chad

That's not in the link I posted. It's taken from BLM DC which is a radical sub-group.

Funny you should talk about deceit...
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:50]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:52 - Jun 21 with 1301 viewsCatullus

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:48 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

That's not in the link I posted. It's taken from BLM DC which is a radical sub-group.

No but it was in a different BLM link posted on here a few days back. Has it gone? Have BLM changed their website because they don't want everyone knowing their real agenda or was it never there, is it all a racist plot to discredit them?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:52 - Jun 21 with 1303 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:35 - Jun 21 by Catullus

Fake pictures from a Russian bot farm on Twitter yet apparently found on walls in Scotland? It doesn't mean they came from BLM but they are circulating which is dangerous in an already febrile atmosphere.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/if-they-dont-stop-kill-a-cop-outrage-at-po

PS, not terrorism,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-53123975
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:38]

Fake as in not affiliated with BLM and circulating through Russian Twitter bots.

Why have you linked the BBC article saying "not terrorism" when the link says it was a terror attack?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:54 - Jun 21 with 1296 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:52 - Jun 21 by Catullus

No but it was in a different BLM link posted on here a few days back. Has it gone? Have BLM changed their website because they don't want everyone knowing their real agenda or was it never there, is it all a racist plot to discredit them?

It was never on the main BLM website because it's not what the wider organisation stands for. You'd know it you clicked the link I posted.

And I agree with everything BLM DC says should be dismantled apart from capitalism.

Login to get fewer ads

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:56 - Jun 21 with 1286 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:46 - Jun 21 by Glossolalia

Chad, he's just nailed his own coffin shut with that display.

He strikes me as someone whose learning is based on reaction, and by skim-reading the BLM tenets for the sake of a sarky reply, has failed to absorb any salient information.

I'm off to work. Maybe you can educate and entertain this bozo.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 12:47]

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:58 - Jun 21 with 1259 viewspikeypaul

Lefty hypocrites against free speech 😂😂😂😂😂😂

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:03 - Jun 21 with 1256 viewschad

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:48 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

No it is an affiliated chapter, clearly linked to from the main website.

So they are happy to give it authority as part of BLM and it is part of the main links under the Chapters option.

DC
Washington, District of Columbia

Ways to Connect:
Email — info@dcblm.org
Website — BlackLivesMatterDMV.org
Facebook — facebook.com/BLMDC
Instagram — instagram.com/BlackLivesMatterDC
Twitter — twitter.com/DMVBlackLives
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:08 - Jun 21 with 1241 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ah so BLM doesn’t advocate the dismantling of capitalism then.

Glad we cleared that one up.

Poll: Tory leader

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:09 - Jun 21 with 1236 viewschad

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:52 - Jun 21 by Catullus

It was on the chapter links in the website he posted

However Drizz is sending us to a US site

Ignoring the US co founders described themselves as trained Marxists

And of course ignoring BLM Uk where it is clearly laid, out as previously described,and where they have collected over a cool mil, yet are very reticent of showing their faces.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 13:15]
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:14 - Jun 21 with 1222 viewschad

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:08 - Jun 21 by exiledclaseboy

Ah so BLM doesn’t advocate the dismantling of capitalism then.

Glad we cleared that one up.

Where do you get that idea, you have seen it from official chapter link from Drizz’s US website

And it is repeatedly said on BLM UK who have collected over a million whilst stating this in their objectives, but are reticent to show their faces. They were set up years back.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:15 - Jun 21 with 1217 viewsDrizzy

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:09 - Jun 21 by chad

It was on the chapter links in the website he posted

However Drizz is sending us to a US site

Ignoring the US co founders described themselves as trained Marxists

And of course ignoring BLM Uk where it is clearly laid, out as previously described,and where they have collected over a cool mil, yet are very reticent of showing their faces.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 13:15]

It's a .com not a UK site. You linked an affiliate group based in DC one that describes itself as radical.

They've collected money that people have willingly donated. Their website describes what they do with the money.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:17 - Jun 21 with 1205 viewsCatullus

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:52 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

Fake as in not affiliated with BLM and circulating through Russian Twitter bots.

Why have you linked the BBC article saying "not terrorism" when the link says it was a terror attack?

First point, because posters are circulating in Scotland not just on Twitter, second point because I made a mistake, sorry. It happens.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:25 - Jun 21 with 1190 viewsCatullus

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 12:54 - Jun 21 by Drizzy

It was never on the main BLM website because it's not what the wider organisation stands for. You'd know it you clicked the link I posted.

And I agree with everything BLM DC says should be dismantled apart from capitalism.

Do you agree or disagree that the BLM founders (apart from one) trying to remain secret is cause for concern?

Someone posted (can't remember, not checking) that BLM wanted to defund but not disband the police. Now if we stopped all police funding doesn't it effectively disband the police? I did read that they want the money to be used locally for them to set up their own system, doesn't that sound something like having local militia? Would'nt (or at least couldn't) that lead to areas becoming effectively gang controlled and possibly lead to even more violence? Might it lead to us offically having segregated areas for different ethnic groups? If all that is possible, can anyone explain to me how that is better? Or how it beats racism?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 14:26 - Jun 21 with 1153 viewsEbo

No

I just skip his posts as they are incredibly boring

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 14:40 - Jun 21 with 1129 viewslondonlisa2001

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 13:03 - Jun 21 by chad

No it is an affiliated chapter, clearly linked to from the main website.

So they are happy to give it authority as part of BLM and it is part of the main links under the Chapters option.

DC
Washington, District of Columbia

Ways to Connect:
Email — info@dcblm.org
Website — BlackLivesMatterDMV.org
Facebook — facebook.com/BLMDC
Instagram — instagram.com/BlackLivesMatterDC
Twitter — twitter.com/DMVBlackLives

The chapters list on the website aren’t necessarily affiliated with anything.

It’s a movement, not a single organisation.

Some organisations that associate themselves with the movement may think one thing or another. It doesn’t change the movement’s aims.

Stop twisting stuff.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 14:49 - Jun 21 with 1119 viewsCatullus

BLMUK definitely wants rid of the police, not reform, not changing it but defunding and divesting themselves of it.
If we get rid of the police, who keeps law and order? What will be the end outcome of a country with no police?

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 14:52 - Jun 21 with 1108 viewslondonlisa2001

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 14:49 - Jun 21 by Catullus

BLMUK definitely wants rid of the police, not reform, not changing it but defunding and divesting themselves of it.
If we get rid of the police, who keeps law and order? What will be the end outcome of a country with no police?

No they don’t.

It’s now been explained several times what defund the police means. And also that the police themselves agree with aspects of it.

We already have aspects here that they’re asking for in the US.
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 15:00 - Jun 21 with 1087 viewsJack123

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 14:52 - Jun 21 by londonlisa2001

No they don’t.

It’s now been explained several times what defund the police means. And also that the police themselves agree with aspects of it.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/

We call for a national defunding of police. We demand investment in our communities and the resources to ensure Black people not only survive, but thrive. If you’re with us, add your name to the petition right now and help us spread the word.

No, I think i will pass.

libera nos a malo

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 15:07 - Jun 21 with 1069 viewslondonlisa2001

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 15:00 - Jun 21 by Jack123

https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/

We call for a national defunding of police. We demand investment in our communities and the resources to ensure Black people not only survive, but thrive. If you’re with us, add your name to the petition right now and help us spread the word.

No, I think i will pass.

Yes, and it’s been explained several times what that means.

Dear God.

Do you think there are aspects of society which are currently treated as a criminal matter that are better treated as a social issue? For example, homelessness. Drugs?
Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 15:20 - Jun 21 with 1050 viewsCatullus

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 14:52 - Jun 21 by londonlisa2001

No they don’t.

She actually says defund and divest so they can start up their own organisations and systems.

I've read this,

https://www.thecut.com/2020/06/what-does-defund-the-police-mean-the-phrase-expla

but there are still questions. In the UK right now cuts to policing have been blamed for rising crime. If anyone phones the police you cannot guarantee a response because they have to prioritise. If we defund the police, which at the very least means wholesale cuts to budgets and far fewer police officers, hwo do they respond to crime at current levels? Or do you think defunding the police will also cut crime? My experience is that criminals love opportunities and fewer police presents plenty of those.
So how long does the defunding process take? it couldn't happen overnight. Those areas that need the help the most, those overly burdened with poverty, high crime rates, gang culture etc would also need time to put their own strctures in place. I also think it inevitable they would need much more money than police cuts could provide.

There is no argment from me that the Uk needs levelling up. Underpriviliged communities need huge investment but isn't the problem there that politicians are either unwilling or unable to do what needs to be done?
Does anyone think that Bojo's promise to 'level up' (even if he really means it and will try, doubtful at best) means the same to him as it does to those in the worst hit places?

When it comes down to it the very existence of BLM is proof that the rich and powerful have won. They keep themselves in their ivory towers while the rest of us fight amongst ourselves. If large scale rioting broke out, who would the police protect the most? It won't be private property in run down areas, it'll be the most prosperous areas first. Then which areas will get cleaned up first, will it be the worst hit areas?

I guess I really am a communist because everyone should have what they need first, regardless of colour, creed, religion or gender. Everyone should have the same rights and priviliges and be treated equally and with respect. Some dream eh.

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 15:36 - Jun 21 with 1037 viewslondonlisa2001

Kerouac to be banned? Yes or No? on 15:20 - Jun 21 by Catullus

She actually says defund and divest so they can start up their own organisations and systems.

I've read this,

https://www.thecut.com/2020/06/what-does-defund-the-police-mean-the-phrase-expla

but there are still questions. In the UK right now cuts to policing have been blamed for rising crime. If anyone phones the police you cannot guarantee a response because they have to prioritise. If we defund the police, which at the very least means wholesale cuts to budgets and far fewer police officers, hwo do they respond to crime at current levels? Or do you think defunding the police will also cut crime? My experience is that criminals love opportunities and fewer police presents plenty of those.
So how long does the defunding process take? it couldn't happen overnight. Those areas that need the help the most, those overly burdened with poverty, high crime rates, gang culture etc would also need time to put their own strctures in place. I also think it inevitable they would need much more money than police cuts could provide.

There is no argment from me that the Uk needs levelling up. Underpriviliged communities need huge investment but isn't the problem there that politicians are either unwilling or unable to do what needs to be done?
Does anyone think that Bojo's promise to 'level up' (even if he really means it and will try, doubtful at best) means the same to him as it does to those in the worst hit places?

When it comes down to it the very existence of BLM is proof that the rich and powerful have won. They keep themselves in their ivory towers while the rest of us fight amongst ourselves. If large scale rioting broke out, who would the police protect the most? It won't be private property in run down areas, it'll be the most prosperous areas first. Then which areas will get cleaned up first, will it be the worst hit areas?

I guess I really am a communist because everyone should have what they need first, regardless of colour, creed, religion or gender. Everyone should have the same rights and priviliges and be treated equally and with respect. Some dream eh.

We have more police at the moment than we did in the 1980s. About 125,000 compared to 114,000 in 1980.

That’s far fewer than in 2010 (about 145,000) , but still higher than there ever used to be. Just as an example, in 1961 there was one police officer in England and Wales for every 807 people, now there’s 1 for every 450 people.

Do you feel safer? Or do you think there is a lot more crime? And if so, why? Will more and more investment in more and more police change it for the better, or will looking at the way our society is and changing that be a better use of resource?

The police have enormous resources invested in drugs, cyber crime, gang crime. Are the police best placed to deal with these issues?

Nobody has said anything about overnight. People are saying this can’t carry on - more police, more prison, more crime, more police in some never ending vicious circle that doesn’t make any of us safer. And affects some communities even worse than others.

It’s not Marxism. It’s common sense. It’s not working at the moment.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 15:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024