Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men 17:50 - Jun 29 with 36186 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Truly awful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:13 - Jul 1 with 1478 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:04 - Jul 1 by Darran

It’s not relevant it was a joke you fool the same comment has been made on here many times in the past to ridicule the racists singing it.

So you definitely have experiences of racism then, in fact you remember it well enough to joke about it, despite insisting you'd never seen it in your entire life 10 minutes ago.

Thick tw*t. I love you, Daz. Never change.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 0:15]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:16 - Jul 1 with 1477 viewsDarran

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:13 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

So you definitely have experiences of racism then, in fact you remember it well enough to joke about it, despite insisting you'd never seen it in your entire life 10 minutes ago.

Thick tw*t. I love you, Daz. Never change.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 0:15]

I hadn’t remembered that one song,big deal,prick

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:18 - Jul 1 with 1467 viewsItchySphincter

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:16 - Jul 1 by Darran

To be fair you shat the bed there Dazzler.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:19 - Jul 1 with 1451 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:16 - Jul 1 by Darran

I can't wait for Clase to read this.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:20 - Jul 1 with 1455 viewsDarran

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:18 - Jul 1 by ItchySphincter

To be fair you shat the bed there Dazzler.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:23 - Jul 1 with 1446 viewsDarran

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 00:19 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

I can't wait for Clase to read this.

Clase has said the same thing about the racists being factually wrong in the past.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 01:10 - Jul 1 with 1402 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

There is a vile family from Ammanford who sit in the South Stand. The grandfather regularly yells for foreign opposition players to go back to where they came from and one of his obese teenage grandchildren spouts similar vitriolic abuse at players.

Their accents are horrendous and I know it has caused at least one person to move their season ticket to a different part of the stadium.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 1:17]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 07:58 - Jul 1 with 1345 viewsDr_Winston

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 23:37 - Jun 30 by Darran

I honestly can’t ever recall hearing or seeing one instance of racism personally in my lifetime in South Wales,I’m not for one minute suggesting there hasn’t been any.
I have also never heard a racist comment at the Liberty,I sit over the West and again I am not saying there hasn’t been one just that I personally haven’t heard one.

There used to be one Neanderthal specimen who stood near me on the North Bank when I was a kid who often shouted the N word out quite loudly. Haven't seen him around for a while so hopefully he's dead now. We've had incidents in work where staff have been racially abused too so these people are out there.

Is that evidence of massive systemic racism? Not really. Is it evidence that some people are just tw*ts? Aye, almost certainly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 08:23 - Jul 1 with 1332 viewsJango

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 23:34 - Jun 30 by Drizzy

Hiya, Jang. Thought you'd appear at some point.

You look at BLM marches, toppling of slave trader statues and reshaping the curriculum as white people "paying" for mistakes of the past. You think it's OK for black people to be disproportionately targeted for stop and search despite it having no effect on reducing knife crime. You think the rise in hate crime after Brexit was the result of Remainers enacting anger at the result.

You're in complete denial about the real issues, don't worry you're not the only one. Your only retort is saying you have black family members as if you're immune to ignorance.

The BLM movement and its revival over the last month has been a thing of beauty. Life's far nicer on this side, Jang. Honestly.

Hiya Driz, I have no opinion on people toppling statues, in fact I couldn’t really give a rats ass so that’s thing you made up. I said you seem obsessed with white peoples paying for past mistakes. Why should anyone alive today who’s not racist be made to feel ashamed of action of people of the past. If you just look at people as people rather than a skin colour you’d understand where I’m coming from.

I use the fact I’ve got a black brother because I’ve got 20 years experience of living with him and another 15 years of being very close. That’s given more of an insight about racism today than reading books about whiteness from the 18th century that you seem obsessed with.

As for the rise in race hate crime after Brexit, just look how convenient the timing was. I’m pretty sure people who voted to leave didn’t wait until they’d won the vote to turn nasty. I’m not saying remainers actually committed the crimes but they absolutely instigated and played a part. The numbers weren’t huge in the grand scheme of things. When you have a large number of people constantly aiming nasty swipes calling 17.4million people racists, bigots, thick, gammon etc just for using their right to vote, don’t be surprised if a small number of the actual racists come out and react, you know that though. In my eyes, calling some a thick, racist bigot gammon because they voted different to you is just as bad as making a nasty remark about someone because they have a different skin colour. If you’ve ever done either then you’re not a very nice person. Which you aren’t.

Life’s obviously not far nicer because you’ve obviously got a gigantic chip on your shoulder. I can go out today and look at everyone as equal, you don’t seem to be able to do that.

Good day to you.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 8:54]
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 09:13 - Jul 1 with 1305 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 08:23 - Jul 1 by Jango

Hiya Driz, I have no opinion on people toppling statues, in fact I couldn’t really give a rats ass so that’s thing you made up. I said you seem obsessed with white peoples paying for past mistakes. Why should anyone alive today who’s not racist be made to feel ashamed of action of people of the past. If you just look at people as people rather than a skin colour you’d understand where I’m coming from.

I use the fact I’ve got a black brother because I’ve got 20 years experience of living with him and another 15 years of being very close. That’s given more of an insight about racism today than reading books about whiteness from the 18th century that you seem obsessed with.

As for the rise in race hate crime after Brexit, just look how convenient the timing was. I’m pretty sure people who voted to leave didn’t wait until they’d won the vote to turn nasty. I’m not saying remainers actually committed the crimes but they absolutely instigated and played a part. The numbers weren’t huge in the grand scheme of things. When you have a large number of people constantly aiming nasty swipes calling 17.4million people racists, bigots, thick, gammon etc just for using their right to vote, don’t be surprised if a small number of the actual racists come out and react, you know that though. In my eyes, calling some a thick, racist bigot gammon because they voted different to you is just as bad as making a nasty remark about someone because they have a different skin colour. If you’ve ever done either then you’re not a very nice person. Which you aren’t.

Life’s obviously not far nicer because you’ve obviously got a gigantic chip on your shoulder. I can go out today and look at everyone as equal, you don’t seem to be able to do that.

Good day to you.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 8:54]

It's really not about shame. It's about recognising the roots of a cancer that's still prevalent in society. I'd be more than happy to judge people on their character rather their race, however, a group of white elites have spent the last 300 years trying to do anything but that. In fact, only 52 years ago a black man was assassinated for saying the exact thing your saying. From philosophers to financiers to prime ministers, the dehumanising of black people has permeated every layer of society, through to today. It's quite clear when you see an American police officer casually murder a black person and think nothing of it.

You can bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not a problem because you haven't had experience of it. That's fine it's just not a reflection of the discrimination black people face on a daily basis. It's why so many prominent black people have spoken out in solidarity with BLM to say it's still relevant. You can't ignore these experiences no matter how much you true.

The third paragraph is precisely the problem. Not only does it take huge liberties with the truth and sense, it places the blame for the spike in race hate crimes at the feet of people who wanted to remain an inclusive society. It's genuinely bonkers, Jang.

Whenever we have these debates, you dedicate so much time trying and failing to prove my evidence is wrong. Like when you misread statistics about hate crimes committed by white people. Like when you couldn't believe Brexit led to a spike in hate crime so I quoted the Met Police report and you pivoted to blaming Remainers. It's so sad, especially if you have black family members, watching the amount of effort you put in failing to discredit arguments that racism is still rife. If only you spent a fraction of that time educating yourself instead.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 1304 viewsJango

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 09:13 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

It's really not about shame. It's about recognising the roots of a cancer that's still prevalent in society. I'd be more than happy to judge people on their character rather their race, however, a group of white elites have spent the last 300 years trying to do anything but that. In fact, only 52 years ago a black man was assassinated for saying the exact thing your saying. From philosophers to financiers to prime ministers, the dehumanising of black people has permeated every layer of society, through to today. It's quite clear when you see an American police officer casually murder a black person and think nothing of it.

You can bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not a problem because you haven't had experience of it. That's fine it's just not a reflection of the discrimination black people face on a daily basis. It's why so many prominent black people have spoken out in solidarity with BLM to say it's still relevant. You can't ignore these experiences no matter how much you true.

The third paragraph is precisely the problem. Not only does it take huge liberties with the truth and sense, it places the blame for the spike in race hate crimes at the feet of people who wanted to remain an inclusive society. It's genuinely bonkers, Jang.

Whenever we have these debates, you dedicate so much time trying and failing to prove my evidence is wrong. Like when you misread statistics about hate crimes committed by white people. Like when you couldn't believe Brexit led to a spike in hate crime so I quoted the Met Police report and you pivoted to blaming Remainers. It's so sad, especially if you have black family members, watching the amount of effort you put in failing to discredit arguments that racism is still rife. If only you spent a fraction of that time educating yourself instead.

*The third paragraph is precisely the problem. Not only does it take huge liberties with the truth and sense, it places the blame for the spike in race hate crimes at the feet of people who wanted to remain an inclusive society. It's genuinely bonkers, Jang.*

I haven’t played blame at those wanting to remain in an inclusive society. I’ve placed part of the blame at those who lost the vote and turned nasty with vile insults, there’s a huge difference. Or are you suggesting it’s ok to be nasty when it suits you?

That’s the problem Drizzy, in large parts of this country it’s not still prevalent in society, as much as you seem to want it to be. White people taking a stand against that bullshit and standing up for themselves doesn’t make them ignorant or racist. You’ve used an example of nearly 60 years ago in a country thousands of miles away. That’s where your problem lies. You’re living in the past.

I’ve given my reasons why I believe the race hate crimes increased after Brexit, but that whole debate happened because you gave Brexit as the only reason for the rise in race hate crimes, then when you took information off the government website you edited the paragraph to leave out the fact terrorism is also to blame. That just shows you up for what you are really.

Even when I gave you the statistics that over 60% of stop and search result in a positive outcome you argued that nearly 10% of searches resulting in finding a knife is not good and catching black kids with drugs is a massive waste of time.

Nobody on the website has an issue with any race in the way you do with white people.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 9:44]
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:01 - Jul 1 with 1282 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 09:39 - Jul 1 by Jango

*The third paragraph is precisely the problem. Not only does it take huge liberties with the truth and sense, it places the blame for the spike in race hate crimes at the feet of people who wanted to remain an inclusive society. It's genuinely bonkers, Jang.*

I haven’t played blame at those wanting to remain in an inclusive society. I’ve placed part of the blame at those who lost the vote and turned nasty with vile insults, there’s a huge difference. Or are you suggesting it’s ok to be nasty when it suits you?

That’s the problem Drizzy, in large parts of this country it’s not still prevalent in society, as much as you seem to want it to be. White people taking a stand against that bullshit and standing up for themselves doesn’t make them ignorant or racist. You’ve used an example of nearly 60 years ago in a country thousands of miles away. That’s where your problem lies. You’re living in the past.

I’ve given my reasons why I believe the race hate crimes increased after Brexit, but that whole debate happened because you gave Brexit as the only reason for the rise in race hate crimes, then when you took information off the government website you edited the paragraph to leave out the fact terrorism is also to blame. That just shows you up for what you are really.

Even when I gave you the statistics that over 60% of stop and search result in a positive outcome you argued that nearly 10% of searches resulting in finding a knife is not good and catching black kids with drugs is a massive waste of time.

Nobody on the website has an issue with any race in the way you do with white people.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 9:44]

Still having trouble with comprehension I see.

There were two genuine spikes in hate crimes, one after Brexit and one after the 2017 terror incidents. Two separate spikes from two separate incidents. The former was relevant, the latter wasn't. Considering the vast majority of hate crimes are committed towards people that aren't White-British, how can you not see the effect of whipping up anti-immigrant rhetoric that was central to Brexit? Claiming it was the result of both sides whipping up hatred is a feeble excuse, or apologism, for the relentless attacks on immigrants from the gutter press. Lapped up by racists who then felt more emboldened to go out and be racist as the figures show.

I've also used an example from a few weeks ago which you've chosen to ignore. Do you believe the past events have no relevance to today? 52 years is not a long time, within the lifetime of some on here. A generation away from most. The 300 year problem of racism hasn't been eradicated in a generation after allowing black people to use the same water fountains.

Double checked the stats, Jang. It's 5% that found a knife and it's 30% that were "positive outcomes". You're struggling with percentages again. 60% of the positive outcomes, not overall, were drug offences. Stop and search is evaluated for knife crime, not for catching non-violent drug offenders. Stop and search had little to no effect on reducing knife crime, which is its aim.

https://fullfact.org/crime/does-stop-search-work/

Why do you struggle so much with comprehending evidence? Even when it is presented neutrally? I suppose Brexiteers aren't known for evidence-based arguments.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:20 - Jul 1 with 1274 viewsJango

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:01 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Still having trouble with comprehension I see.

There were two genuine spikes in hate crimes, one after Brexit and one after the 2017 terror incidents. Two separate spikes from two separate incidents. The former was relevant, the latter wasn't. Considering the vast majority of hate crimes are committed towards people that aren't White-British, how can you not see the effect of whipping up anti-immigrant rhetoric that was central to Brexit? Claiming it was the result of both sides whipping up hatred is a feeble excuse, or apologism, for the relentless attacks on immigrants from the gutter press. Lapped up by racists who then felt more emboldened to go out and be racist as the figures show.

I've also used an example from a few weeks ago which you've chosen to ignore. Do you believe the past events have no relevance to today? 52 years is not a long time, within the lifetime of some on here. A generation away from most. The 300 year problem of racism hasn't been eradicated in a generation after allowing black people to use the same water fountains.

Double checked the stats, Jang. It's 5% that found a knife and it's 30% that were "positive outcomes". You're struggling with percentages again. 60% of the positive outcomes, not overall, were drug offences. Stop and search is evaluated for knife crime, not for catching non-violent drug offenders. Stop and search had little to no effect on reducing knife crime, which is its aim.

https://fullfact.org/crime/does-stop-search-work/

Why do you struggle so much with comprehending evidence? Even when it is presented neutrally? I suppose Brexiteers aren't known for evidence-based arguments.

I got the ‘nearly 10% figure’ from this post.

Stop and search disproportionately targeted black people, making them take their clothes off in public, more than any other ethnicity. It only uncovered a knife 9% of the time and knife crime went up every year.

That was from you yesterday. You seem to be struggling with percentages. Imagine taking the pi** out of me using the figures you gave the day before.

Either way a 30% positive outcome is a good thing, even if 60% is for drugs. It’s against the law. You constantly talk about the need to educate but want us to turn u blind eye to black kids taking drugs rather than punish them.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 10:33]
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:48 - Jul 1 with 1254 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:20 - Jul 1 by Jango

Stop and search disproportionately targeted black people, making them take their clothes off in public, more than any other ethnicity. It only uncovered a knife 9% of the time and knife crime went up every year.

That was from you yesterday. You seem to be struggling with percentages. Imagine taking the pi** out of me using the figures you gave the day before.

Either way a 30% positive outcome is a good thing, even if 60% is for drugs. It’s against the law. You constantly talk about the need to educate but want us to turn u blind eye to black kids taking drugs rather than punish them.

Which is why I said "double-checked the stats" and provided a source. The 9% was the figure for finding a knife within the positive outcomes, not overall. I've spotted my mistake and corrected it, can you do the same with everything you've posted?

I don't see the point in precious police time being spent catching young non-violent drug offenders. I think the problem is we have quite different parameters for success. I've always viewed stop & search as a strategy for stopping knife crime as did then Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, when he talked about its success in reducing knife crime.

Let's try a basic exercise, Jang. I'm going to show you 2 graphs and I want you tell me if you think they're related.

I've cut the 2nd one deliberately so they're in a similar timeframe. What do you think?

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:14 - Jul 1 with 1240 viewsJango

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:48 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Which is why I said "double-checked the stats" and provided a source. The 9% was the figure for finding a knife within the positive outcomes, not overall. I've spotted my mistake and corrected it, can you do the same with everything you've posted?

I don't see the point in precious police time being spent catching young non-violent drug offenders. I think the problem is we have quite different parameters for success. I've always viewed stop & search as a strategy for stopping knife crime as did then Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, when he talked about its success in reducing knife crime.

Let's try a basic exercise, Jang. I'm going to show you 2 graphs and I want you tell me if you think they're related.

I've cut the 2nd one deliberately so they're in a similar timeframe. What do you think?

Not very informative graphs but I’ll assume the first one is stop and search In the UK and the 2nd one is something to do with knife crime?

On homicide, statisticians said the increase continues an upward trend that has been seen since March 2014, indicating a change to the long-term decrease over the previous decade.

The homicide figures exclude victims of terrorism attacks in England and Wales.

The police-recorded figures on violent crime were looked at alongside information from the NHS, which showed there had been:

An 8% increase in the number of offences involving knives or sharp instruments
A 15% rise in the number of admissions to hospital in England for assaults involving a sharp instrument
A 4% decrease in the number of police-recorded incidents involving firearms
A lot of these crimes, which the ONS describes as "lower-volume, higher-harm types of violence", happened in London and other major cities.

Chief Constable Bill Skelly, of the National Police Chiefs' Council, said some increases could be due to changes in how police record crime, and increasing reporting of incidents, there are "real rises in serious crimes like robbery and violence with weapons, with a devastating impact on victims and families".

Seems to coincide with your graph.
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:24 - Jul 1 with 1232 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:14 - Jul 1 by Jango

Not very informative graphs but I’ll assume the first one is stop and search In the UK and the 2nd one is something to do with knife crime?

On homicide, statisticians said the increase continues an upward trend that has been seen since March 2014, indicating a change to the long-term decrease over the previous decade.

The homicide figures exclude victims of terrorism attacks in England and Wales.

The police-recorded figures on violent crime were looked at alongside information from the NHS, which showed there had been:

An 8% increase in the number of offences involving knives or sharp instruments
A 15% rise in the number of admissions to hospital in England for assaults involving a sharp instrument
A 4% decrease in the number of police-recorded incidents involving firearms
A lot of these crimes, which the ONS describes as "lower-volume, higher-harm types of violence", happened in London and other major cities.

Chief Constable Bill Skelly, of the National Police Chiefs' Council, said some increases could be due to changes in how police record crime, and increasing reporting of incidents, there are "real rises in serious crimes like robbery and violence with weapons, with a devastating impact on victims and families".

Seems to coincide with your graph.

The cut and paste job is only describing violent crime trends from 2014 until an unknown point between now and then, as you haven't sent the link. I've never doubted they're on the rise again. Although the data collection methods mentioned cast some doubt. Not sure how relevant it is on a discussion about the effectiveness of stop and search.

I've left out the axes labels so there's no prejudice. Do you think from the shape of the graphs they are:

A) positively correlated (both go up together, go down together)
B) negatively correlated (one goes up, the other goes down)
C) no correlation

Simple question, forget the assumptions.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 11:28]

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:36 - Jul 1 with 1223 viewsJango

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:24 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

The cut and paste job is only describing violent crime trends from 2014 until an unknown point between now and then, as you haven't sent the link. I've never doubted they're on the rise again. Although the data collection methods mentioned cast some doubt. Not sure how relevant it is on a discussion about the effectiveness of stop and search.

I've left out the axes labels so there's no prejudice. Do you think from the shape of the graphs they are:

A) positively correlated (both go up together, go down together)
B) negatively correlated (one goes up, the other goes down)
C) no correlation

Simple question, forget the assumptions.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 11:28]

Well you haven’t cropped it correctly for a start, ones from 2007 and one us from 2009/2010. I’m seeing its been rising since 2014 which could be argued is a change in attitude due to people not being afraid of being searched.

There were 43,516 knife crime offences in the 12 months ending March 2019.

This is an 80% increase from the low-point in the year ending March 2014, when there were 23,945 offences, and is the highest number since comparable data was compiled.

These statistics do not include those from Greater Manchester Police because of data recording issues.

Out of the 44 police forces, 43 recorded a rise in knife crime since 2011.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-42749089
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 11:37]
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:43 - Jul 1 with 1216 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:36 - Jul 1 by Jango

Well you haven’t cropped it correctly for a start, ones from 2007 and one us from 2009/2010. I’m seeing its been rising since 2014 which could be argued is a change in attitude due to people not being afraid of being searched.

There were 43,516 knife crime offences in the 12 months ending March 2019.

This is an 80% increase from the low-point in the year ending March 2014, when there were 23,945 offences, and is the highest number since comparable data was compiled.

These statistics do not include those from Greater Manchester Police because of data recording issues.

Out of the 44 police forces, 43 recorded a rise in knife crime since 2011.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-42749089
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 11:37]

I keep asking you to describe the relationship, Jang. Read it from 2010 onwards and tell me what you think the relationship is. I'm not asking for your assumptions about what the graphs show or what's causing the relationship.

I'm not sure you keep copy and pasting things that show knife crime is on the rise. That's not in question.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 11:44]

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 12:44 - Jul 1 with 1194 viewsJango

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 11:43 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

I keep asking you to describe the relationship, Jang. Read it from 2010 onwards and tell me what you think the relationship is. I'm not asking for your assumptions about what the graphs show or what's causing the relationship.

I'm not sure you keep copy and pasting things that show knife crime is on the rise. That's not in question.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 11:44]

To interpret a graph you have to understand what the curve represents. You’re asking me to discuss a graph without a title and then tell me you don’t want assumptions. Bizarre.

Put it this way, reducing numbers of stop and search wouldn’t have an immediate impact. The attitude of people would change over time with no deterrent there. I think the ‘copy and paste’ you keep ignoring backs up that argument.
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:01 - Jul 1 with 1180 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 12:44 - Jul 1 by Jango

To interpret a graph you have to understand what the curve represents. You’re asking me to discuss a graph without a title and then tell me you don’t want assumptions. Bizarre.

Put it this way, reducing numbers of stop and search wouldn’t have an immediate impact. The attitude of people would change over time with no deterrent there. I think the ‘copy and paste’ you keep ignoring backs up that argument.

No it doesn't. This is from fullfact which I linked earlier.

"Data suggests that stop and search is not particularly effective at reducing crime by deterring potential criminals."

Here's the link again: https://fullfact.org/crime/does-stop-search-work/

There's a whole section dedicated to the evidence on stop & search as a deterrent. It's not particularly effective. Did you read that bit?

Fullfact's analysis is about as impartial and evidence-based as you can find.

I'm asking you once again, to describe the correlation between the two graphs. Describing a correlation doesn't require you to know what's being measured, it's dimensionless. It doesn't imply the two things are related. It's just testing whether you can look at a graph objectively. Not sure why it's so difficult.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 13:04]

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:29 - Jul 1 with 1152 viewsHighjack

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:20 - Jul 1 by Jango

9% seems remarkably high. 9 people in every 100 carrying a knife suggests a serious problem which needs to be clamped down on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:33 - Jul 1 with 1148 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:29 - Jul 1 by Highjack

9% seems remarkably high. 9 people in every 100 carrying a knife suggests a serious problem which needs to be clamped down on.

It was 5%.

Obviously it's not taken from a random sample of 100 people.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:35 - Jul 1 with 1144 viewsHighjack

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:33 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

It was 5%.

Obviously it's not taken from a random sample of 100 people.

5 in a hundred people carrying a knife is also ridiculously high. No matter what spin you put on it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:38 - Jul 1 with 1139 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:35 - Jul 1 by Highjack

5 in a hundred people carrying a knife is also ridiculously high. No matter what spin you put on it.

I'm not spinning it, HJ. No need to be so tetchy I'm just giving you the correct figure. I'm telling you if you go and search 100 random people in London you probably won't find 5 knives, as there's some strategy to the searches.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:43 - Jul 1 with 1126 viewsHighjack

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:38 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

I'm not spinning it, HJ. No need to be so tetchy I'm just giving you the correct figure. I'm telling you if you go and search 100 random people in London you probably won't find 5 knives, as there's some strategy to the searches.

That would suggest it’s a relatively successful strategy then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024