Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126608 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:51 - Jul 24 with 1247 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:57 - Jul 23 by Andy1300

It ain’t going away, we may as well get back to life and learn to live with it.

We can’t put life on hold forever

Things are moving on. What world do you live in. Do you walk around with your eyes closed. The vast majority of the shops have reopened in Swansea. There are only 5 of the Quadrant shops that havent reopened yet and over 80% of the market stalls have reopened. There will be more from Monday when the nail and beauty places will be allowed to re open. From Monday the amusement arcades, cinemas, nail bars, beauty salons, tattoo places will all be able to reopen along with all other shops. Camp sites are open from tomorrow.

Pubs are already open outdoors and will almost certainly be allowed to reopen indoors week Monday along with cafes and restaurants. The majority of pubs and some cafes are already open outdoors. Just looking at Gower the King Arthur, Poundffald, Gower Inn, Kings Head, Ship Inn and Worms Head have reopened outdoors.

In Pontardawe so have the Dillwyn, Castle, Gwachel, Other Place and Pontardawe RFC and Golf Clubs. On the outskirts the Butchers in Alltwen, Dyffryn in Bryncoch and Ynysmeudwy Arms have reopened.

There are a few things that will probably open a week later.

Sports have recommenced. In addition to things like Tennis and Bowls, cricket has recommenced and there is a full programme tomorrow. There may be problems with rugby due to scrums and the possible risk of spreading infections and indoor gyms and possibly nightclubs but everything else will be open in Wales by week Monday.

Hospital outpatients have reopened although many consultations will be over the phone. I went to Morriston last week for a scan. My sister was there yesterday for a blood test. I am visiting my mate this afternoon in a care home.

There will still be some restrictions such as social distancing for the foreseeable future and stricter cleaning systems will be required. One way systems might remain for a while but most places will be open.

Before making future posts actually think what is open. The vast majority of things will be open by week Monday but precautions are still going to be need to be taken for some time yet. You cannot just ignore the virus and the last thing that is needed is for it to spread through stupidty when it has very largely been reduced.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:05 - Jul 24 with 1227 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:51 - Jul 24 by exhmrc1

Things are moving on. What world do you live in. Do you walk around with your eyes closed. The vast majority of the shops have reopened in Swansea. There are only 5 of the Quadrant shops that havent reopened yet and over 80% of the market stalls have reopened. There will be more from Monday when the nail and beauty places will be allowed to re open. From Monday the amusement arcades, cinemas, nail bars, beauty salons, tattoo places will all be able to reopen along with all other shops. Camp sites are open from tomorrow.

Pubs are already open outdoors and will almost certainly be allowed to reopen indoors week Monday along with cafes and restaurants. The majority of pubs and some cafes are already open outdoors. Just looking at Gower the King Arthur, Poundffald, Gower Inn, Kings Head, Ship Inn and Worms Head have reopened outdoors.

In Pontardawe so have the Dillwyn, Castle, Gwachel, Other Place and Pontardawe RFC and Golf Clubs. On the outskirts the Butchers in Alltwen, Dyffryn in Bryncoch and Ynysmeudwy Arms have reopened.

There are a few things that will probably open a week later.

Sports have recommenced. In addition to things like Tennis and Bowls, cricket has recommenced and there is a full programme tomorrow. There may be problems with rugby due to scrums and the possible risk of spreading infections and indoor gyms and possibly nightclubs but everything else will be open in Wales by week Monday.

Hospital outpatients have reopened although many consultations will be over the phone. I went to Morriston last week for a scan. My sister was there yesterday for a blood test. I am visiting my mate this afternoon in a care home.

There will still be some restrictions such as social distancing for the foreseeable future and stricter cleaning systems will be required. One way systems might remain for a while but most places will be open.

Before making future posts actually think what is open. The vast majority of things will be open by week Monday but precautions are still going to be need to be taken for some time yet. You cannot just ignore the virus and the last thing that is needed is for it to spread through stupidty when it has very largely been reduced.

I reaslise exhmrc1 has me on ignore because he doesn't like me demonstrating how wrong he is, but for anyone else who may be interested.

Yesterday Wales, per capita, had more new cases than England. These places in Wales should have been open at the same time as those in England. Not almost a month later. There is absolutely no justification for it as clearly them being closed here is not reducing the spread of the virus.

For context. On Sunday Brentford fans will be able to watch the play off in a lovely, socially distant, west London pub. Perhaps with a nice Sunday or Wednesday evenining meal. Supporting the local economy.

Swansea pubs could have had a real financial boost but will be closed, as they will on Wednesday night. Most likely the only businesses to benefit will be the supermarkets or perhaps multinational Pizza delivery chains. Cheers Mark!
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:32 - Jul 24 with 1213 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:05 - Jul 24 by Scotia

I reaslise exhmrc1 has me on ignore because he doesn't like me demonstrating how wrong he is, but for anyone else who may be interested.

Yesterday Wales, per capita, had more new cases than England. These places in Wales should have been open at the same time as those in England. Not almost a month later. There is absolutely no justification for it as clearly them being closed here is not reducing the spread of the virus.

For context. On Sunday Brentford fans will be able to watch the play off in a lovely, socially distant, west London pub. Perhaps with a nice Sunday or Wednesday evenining meal. Supporting the local economy.

Swansea pubs could have had a real financial boost but will be closed, as they will on Wednesday night. Most likely the only businesses to benefit will be the supermarkets or perhaps multinational Pizza delivery chains. Cheers Mark!

I have been posting on here for nigh on 20 years, but the Taxman has to be the most annoying, pedantic arse I have come across.

As you say the continued closure of the inside of pubs is farcical, what a wasted opportunity for Sunday and Wednesday.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:07 - Jul 24 with 1209 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:05 - Jul 24 by Scotia

He is talking nonsense about hospitals as well ..... I work for an orthopaedic company who are ship kits all over the UK for (as an example) hip & knee replacements. We are back shipping all over the UK about 60% of normal business, guess what we haven't shipped 1 kit to a Welsh hospital.

Morriston (who had 1 of the biggest backlogs in the UK) pre lock down have delayed restarting elective surgery from Aug 15th to Sept 15th (& we have been told that's likely to be pushed back).

Drakeford & his civil servant cronies will go private if him or any of his family members need treatment.

Its a disgrace.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:33 - Jul 24 with 1194 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:07 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

He is talking nonsense about hospitals as well ..... I work for an orthopaedic company who are ship kits all over the UK for (as an example) hip & knee replacements. We are back shipping all over the UK about 60% of normal business, guess what we haven't shipped 1 kit to a Welsh hospital.

Morriston (who had 1 of the biggest backlogs in the UK) pre lock down have delayed restarting elective surgery from Aug 15th to Sept 15th (& we have been told that's likely to be pushed back).

Drakeford & his civil servant cronies will go private if him or any of his family members need treatment.

Its a disgrace.

I have absolutley no political affiliation whatsoever. I do not in any way support the UK government - Johnson is a complete clown.

But how anyone can think Drakeford is handling Wales recovery well, if they understand the situation, baffles me. I'm amazed people haven't called for his resignation. I can only think it is because other parties don't want to be seen to be politicising the sitiuation.

I was listening to Radio Wales this morning and one of those interviewed was a beautician who was planning to re-open on Monday, and had invested in loads of PPE. Only to find out, live on air, from a journalist she couldn't do any work involving someones face. The poor woman was a make up, eyelash and eye brow specilaist. She had received no information from Welsh Government that that was the case - and when the journalist tried to find out when this would change was told there was no date in mind.

She had no income since March and who know's when she will? She would be back in work over the border. The interview ended with Radio Wales promising to keep her informed!

It is an absolute disgrace. I hope people grasp how much of a disgrace by May next year and vote Drakeford's Labour out of power.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:58 - Jul 24 with 1190 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:33 - Jul 24 by Scotia

I have absolutley no political affiliation whatsoever. I do not in any way support the UK government - Johnson is a complete clown.

But how anyone can think Drakeford is handling Wales recovery well, if they understand the situation, baffles me. I'm amazed people haven't called for his resignation. I can only think it is because other parties don't want to be seen to be politicising the sitiuation.

I was listening to Radio Wales this morning and one of those interviewed was a beautician who was planning to re-open on Monday, and had invested in loads of PPE. Only to find out, live on air, from a journalist she couldn't do any work involving someones face. The poor woman was a make up, eyelash and eye brow specilaist. She had received no information from Welsh Government that that was the case - and when the journalist tried to find out when this would change was told there was no date in mind.

She had no income since March and who know's when she will? She would be back in work over the border. The interview ended with Radio Wales promising to keep her informed!

It is an absolute disgrace. I hope people grasp how much of a disgrace by May next year and vote Drakeford's Labour out of power.

I am the same when its comes to politics although I have voted right of centre the last few years (after always voting Labour).

Being realistic Labour could put Mickey Mouse up in some seats in Wales & he'd win by a landslide, how working people outside of Cardiff vote Labour baffles me.

Drakeford is an embarrassment to Wales & those supporting him are putting their own beliefs before the good of the nation.

They should hang their heads in shame.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:08 - Jul 24 with 1166 viewschad

Yet still no compulsory mask wearing to protect people in shops here
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 1155 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:08 - Jul 24 by chad

Of course not. Drakeford needs to be different to prove he is in control and for no other reason.

Flies in the face of his cautious approach doesn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:06 - Jul 24 with 1146 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:08 - Jul 24 by chad

Give it 2 weeks
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:46 - Jul 24 with 1130 viewsScotia

Once again England have less cases per capita than Wales. And people think this continued lock down is working?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:08 - Jul 24 with 1132 viewsHighjack

That nice Tony Blair is back with exciting news from his own personal think tank that says COVID-19 can not be eliminated and we may see a resurgence in the Autumn. Thanks Tony. I wonder why he hasn’t tried to indiscriminately carpet bomb the shit out of COVID yet? Or better yet he could ask for help off his mate. No not George Bush. God.

Must be nice to have your own think tank though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53525470

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:48 - Jul 24 with 1111 viewsFlashberryjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:06 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

Give it 2 weeks

On a Monday

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:50 - Jul 24 with 1088 viewsshingle

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:54 - Jul 23 by Kilkennyjack

Do you howl at the moon as well ?

You may as well because it would be as useful as your view on Covid.

As we say, you seem a bit twp ..... 🤷‍♂️

All facts pal , and you are unable to discredit any of them, all you can reply with is durrr your a bit twp, sums you up in a nutshell i suppose.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:01 - Jul 24 with 1081 viewsshingle

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:37 - Jul 24 by Scotia

Becasue lock down was absolutely, 100% needed and the right thing to do. It was needed for enough time to get control of the virus. By and large we have control of the virus, more so in Wales than parts of England.

We should be at the same stage of easing lock down as them. The virus isn't going to be easily controlled until we have an effective vaccine - we will need local lockdowns at least until then.

Well Sweden never locked down, they have 5000 deaths through Covid, but they estimate to have saved up to half a millions lives in the long run due to continuing normal medical care for there population.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:35 - Jul 24 with 1067 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:42 - Jul 24 by Scotia

Why would England, or anyone else for that matter, buy something from us that they don't need?

Water is quite useful if you want to stay alive.

If you want Welsh Water then paying the market rate is fair.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 1063 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:35 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

Dwr Cymru is a not for profit company.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:43 - Jul 24 with 1060 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:31 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

I start by giving scroungers fuk all & getting them out cleaning the streets to earn the money gifted to them by the UK government.

How do you feel about US corporates paying no tax in UK, rich people like Moggs company paying no tax, and disaster capitalists awaiting the chaos of the no deal Brexit they have tasked Johnson with delivering ? You should be fecking raging !!

They are not paying their fair share for roads, schools, hospitals, and the armed forces.
They are greedy multi millionaires.

Instead you take the bait ...and go after the poor sods who cant find a job and get just about enough to live on.

Wake the feck up, you dull fecker.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:50 - Jul 24 with 1056 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:40 - Jul 24 by Highjack

Brilliant

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:32 - Jul 24 with 1037 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:40 - Jul 24 by Highjack

That basically means the water is taken for just the cost of delivering it.
No shareholders to satisfy.

That robs Wales of its true worth.

You do understand that don’t you.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:33 - Jul 24 with 1035 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:50 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Brilliant

You just made a cocck of yourself for being so thick.

Warra moron.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:51 - Jul 24 with 1022 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:35 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

They have enough of their own. They have no need to buy it from us so why would they?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:56 - Jul 24 with 1020 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:43 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

How do you feel about US corporates paying no tax in UK, rich people like Moggs company paying no tax, and disaster capitalists awaiting the chaos of the no deal Brexit they have tasked Johnson with delivering ? You should be fecking raging !!

They are not paying their fair share for roads, schools, hospitals, and the armed forces.
They are greedy multi millionaires.

Instead you take the bait ...and go after the poor sods who cant find a job and get just about enough to live on.

Wake the feck up, you dull fecker.

Do you really think there are people who can't find a job? I mean really can't find a job?

People avoiding tax are despicable no doubt about it. But I saw an article on the BBC website today about a woman who walked out of a job because she was asked to clean. Should she get support from the state? Personally I don't think so. Here she is :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-53506961

[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 20:59]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:07 - Jul 24 with 1010 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:32 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

That basically means the water is taken for just the cost of delivering it.
No shareholders to satisfy.

That robs Wales of its true worth.

You do understand that don’t you.

What is it’s true worth? You’re sounding like a bit of an oil prospector here Kilky. Are you suggesting we switch from a system that keeps the price of water as low as possible for a good and efficient service that benefits everyone to one that squeezes every penny out of consumers for the benefit of a few suits sitting on a board?

I always knew you were a closet capitalist.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 1005 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:33 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

You just made a cocck of yourself for being so thick.

Warra moron.

Ah, the abuse I have to keep coming back on here for the entertainment you provide

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 991 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:15 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Ah, the abuse I have to keep coming back on here for the entertainment you provide

Me too

Seems I’m on the same ignore list as Scotia, Lisa & you after receiving a stern telling off from some poster who may be Mark Drakeford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024