Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 127039 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:44 - Jul 27 with 1087 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:37 - Jul 27 by Catullus

If democracy didn't end in 2016 then lets have another vote on devolution?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Tories make large gains in Wales in 2019? Which is kind of relevant to us voting to leave the EU.

So the will of the people as the votes and polls show us is, we voted leave, more people in Wales support reversing devo than going indy and that the Tories only need a 2.5% swing to overtake Labour in Wales; the Tories having 14 seats in Wales at a 36.1% vote share to Labours 40.9% for 22 seats. That's if you ignore that a large chunk of Labour voters also voted leave at the referendum.

The will of the people see, except you don't see. You demand another brexit vote because people have changed their minds but you wouldn;t countenance a vote on devolution. You're as bad as Blair, you only do democracy when people are voting the way you want them to.

The Tories gained 6 seats and increased their share of the vote. Plaid's share of the vote decreased.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:49 - Jul 27 with 1095 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have a question for the pro EU posters on here and I would like an honest answer.
Looking at the current condition of the EU and the latest Budget requirements would you really like the UK to have to pay an extra £50B - £60B on top of our current annual payments?
Bearing in mind we won't be necessarily getting any of it back.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:57 - Jul 27 with 1092 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:49 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

I have a question for the pro EU posters on here and I would like an honest answer.
Looking at the current condition of the EU and the latest Budget requirements would you really like the UK to have to pay an extra £50B - £60B on top of our current annual payments?
Bearing in mind we won't be necessarily getting any of it back.

You forget that you're asking that question of people who seem to value 600 million per year from the EU more highly than 15 billion per year from Westminster, never mind that the 600 million is basically UK money given back.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:05 - Jul 27 with 1086 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:34 - Jul 26 by Highjack

What were the results in the European election Kilks?

Ah here it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-politics-48417474

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:09 - Jul 27 with 1084 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:05 - Jul 27 by Highjack

Ah here it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-politics-48417474

I'm sure Kilks will be along soon to tell us that Wales has changed its mind. He seems to know exactly what the majority want, he should stand for election!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:23 - Jul 27 with 1075 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:09 - Jul 27 by Catullus

I'm sure Kilks will be along soon to tell us that Wales has changed its mind. He seems to know exactly what the majority want, he should stand for election!

My money is on the claim that “the young will take us back in.”

That depends whether they can stay off Tik Tok or Fortnite long enough to actually get out and vote.

Obviously that might happen but the main problem with young people is that over time they turn into older people and develop a completely different outlook on life. Most tend to grow out of the childlike hard left momentum nonsense although many will still cling on to it like a comfort blanket.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:06 - Jul 27 with 1063 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:23 - Jul 27 by Highjack

My money is on the claim that “the young will take us back in.”

That depends whether they can stay off Tik Tok or Fortnite long enough to actually get out and vote.

Obviously that might happen but the main problem with young people is that over time they turn into older people and develop a completely different outlook on life. Most tend to grow out of the childlike hard left momentum nonsense although many will still cling on to it like a comfort blanket.

Now then, when I was a teen I was very 'Owain Glyndwr' and all for getting the English out of Wales, a committed Labour voter who hated a tory, any tory but then, as you say, I got old and my views changed....a lot.

How does the saying go, if you're not left wing when you're young you have no soul, if you're not right wing when you're old you have no brain!

Is that true? It's not quite accurate for me although I have moved further right but not a fully fledged Tory nor ever likely to be.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:21 - Jul 27 with 1058 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:06 - Jul 27 by Catullus

Now then, when I was a teen I was very 'Owain Glyndwr' and all for getting the English out of Wales, a committed Labour voter who hated a tory, any tory but then, as you say, I got old and my views changed....a lot.

How does the saying go, if you're not left wing when you're young you have no soul, if you're not right wing when you're old you have no brain!

Is that true? It's not quite accurate for me although I have moved further right but not a fully fledged Tory nor ever likely to be.

Labout totally lost their way under "New Labour" and the Tories have just become totally incompetent tories with a little t.
But you are probably right up until Blair I was a lifelong Labour voter, my parents were actual labour members.
I have no party alliance, although I voted UKIP just to try and break the 2 party stranglehold.
ps for me all Liberals represent is everything that is wrong with the "woke" society.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:30 - Jul 27 with 1047 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:21 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

Labout totally lost their way under "New Labour" and the Tories have just become totally incompetent tories with a little t.
But you are probably right up until Blair I was a lifelong Labour voter, my parents were actual labour members.
I have no party alliance, although I voted UKIP just to try and break the 2 party stranglehold.
ps for me all Liberals represent is everything that is wrong with the "woke" society.

They aren’t liberal though. They are the polar opposite of liberal. They are authoritarian, intolerant, closed minded and downright hostile to anybody and everybody whose world view doesn’t align precisely with their own.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:02 - Jul 27 with 1044 viewschad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:17 - Jul 24 by Scotia

Of course not. Drakeford needs to be different to prove he is in control and for no other reason.

Flies in the face of his cautious approach doesn't it?

Plaid again calling for masks in shops, along with conservatives

Medical officer said if there is a resurgence they will consider it!

Also out of line here it seems, in that hospital visitors and outpatients not required to wear masks

Very cautious indeed ;)

Seems like madness to me 🤷‍♂️
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:05 - Jul 27 with 1040 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:30 - Jul 27 by Highjack

They aren’t liberal though. They are the polar opposite of liberal. They are authoritarian, intolerant, closed minded and downright hostile to anybody and everybody whose world view doesn’t align precisely with their own.

Great sum up.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:05 - Jul 27 with 1008 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:02 - Jul 27 by chad

Also out of line here it seems, in that hospital visitors and outpatients not required to wear masks

Very cautious indeed ;)

I wear a mask in shops and I do get some strange looks too. I may be going into hospital soon (apparently they're considering restarting elective surgery) and my mask will go too.

Bojo said he was relying on the common sense of the UK people, Bojo is a numpty! He's had all the evidence he needs about the national 'common sense' so he should know by now, people are stupid.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:09 - Jul 27 with 1005 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very cautious indeed ;)

Mrs C went for blood tests today. Masked up. She was surprised how many weren’t.

Poll: Tory leader

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:37 - Jul 27 with 993 viewsNeath_Jack

Figures in Wales highest today than I've seen for quite a while.

Taxman chap, that isn't an invite for you to posts loads and loads of figures mind, It's just an observation.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 983 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:37 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

Figures in Wales highest today than I've seen for quite a while.

Taxman chap, that isn't an invite for you to posts loads and loads of figures mind, It's just an observation.

It is the same as 24 July. There are basically 2 issues. One is the high levels around Wrexham due to the Rowan Foods issue which should have been sorted by now. Of the 45 only 18 are in South, West and Mid Wales. Also some of the figures relate to several different days. 1 relates to a test on 22 July 7 to tests on 23 July 18 to tests on 24 July and 19 on 25 July. As the pillar 2 tests are catching up the figures look higher. The combined effect of Wrexham and the surrounding area and catch up with Pillar 2 make the figures higher than would be expected. I hope that explains the figures.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:21 - Jul 27 with 974 viewsNeath_Jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:06 - Jul 27 by exhmrc1

It is the same as 24 July. There are basically 2 issues. One is the high levels around Wrexham due to the Rowan Foods issue which should have been sorted by now. Of the 45 only 18 are in South, West and Mid Wales. Also some of the figures relate to several different days. 1 relates to a test on 22 July 7 to tests on 23 July 18 to tests on 24 July and 19 on 25 July. As the pillar 2 tests are catching up the figures look higher. The combined effect of Wrexham and the surrounding area and catch up with Pillar 2 make the figures higher than would be expected. I hope that explains the figures.

You're wasting your time butty, i did tell you.

I pay little attention to the figures, i just happened to see them today, which were higher than i have seen them for ages.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 967 viewsAndy1300

Very cautious indeed ;)

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:35 - Jul 27 with 964 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:21 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

You're wasting your time butty, i did tell you.

I pay little attention to the figures, i just happened to see them today, which were higher than i have seen them for ages.

Did you see the Shrophire campsite, which they think may be related to Welsh cases.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:48 - Jul 27 with 950 viewsNeath_Jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:34 - Jul 27 by Andy1300

The amount of idiots that post that photo which says it doesn't offer the wearer any protection, like they are some scientific guru's

Yes, everyone knows it doesn't offer the individual any protection.

These are the types of posts i was on about the other day, a typical facebook nonsense post. Like / share and think they are onto something the rest of us can't see.

I pity our children growing up in this environment.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:49 - Jul 27 with 948 viewsNeath_Jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:35 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

Did you see the Shrophire campsite, which they think may be related to Welsh cases.

I haven't no.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:45 - Jul 27 with 923 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:09 - Jul 27 by Catullus

Wales has changed its mind.

In fairness England probably has as well.

Its a stupid idea and you would have to be as thick as 2 short planks to believe its anything other than avoiding the new EU tax laws.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:47 - Jul 27 with 920 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:34 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Ah, it's great when you are rattled, early to bed now you have work in the morning don't you?

Yes mate, i will be in work .... just when your carer gives you your morning meds and helps you up from bed.

She will be back later to put you to bed ....

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:51 - Jul 27 with 913 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:49 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

I haven't no.

Here it is

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8563649/Coronavirus-outbreak-hits-carav
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:52 - Jul 27 with 913 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:48 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

The amount of idiots that post that photo which says it doesn't offer the wearer any protection, like they are some scientific guru's

Yes, everyone knows it doesn't offer the individual any protection.

These are the types of posts i was on about the other day, a typical facebook nonsense post. Like / share and think they are onto something the rest of us can't see.

I pity our children growing up in this environment.

You’d be surprised how many wear them because they think they are safe with them on

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:55 - Jul 27 with 903 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:52 - Jul 27 by Andy1300

You’d be surprised how many wear them because they think they are safe with them on

Strange.

I wear one because I think it makes others safer. They wear one because it makes me safer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024