Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's to be done about London... 22:54 - Aug 3 with 4712 viewsKerouac

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/man-stabbed-in-pub-brawl-and-five-othe

...no place to bring up kids.
Sadik Khan does not appear to have the answers.

What would you do to get the streets of London back under control?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

What's to be done about London... on 11:20 - Aug 5 with 1027 viewsBarrySwan

What's to be done about London... on 10:37 - Aug 5 by Catullus

Alcohol does more damage than drugs though. Every single day it causes accidents, it causes family brreak ups, it causes run ins with the police, it causes violence.

Maybe we should ban alcohol and have ero tolerance towards that?

When I was young it wasn't my spliff smoking friends who got into fights, it was those who drank more alcohol.

A lot of burglaries happen because of drugs, they want their fix and sreal to get the funds. Until we eliminate or control drugs that won't change.

The point about going cashless seems quite true to me. You wouldn't see drug dealers carrying a contactless machine! Maybe that is the best answer.

Ah the old Alcohol chestnut, I wondered when the 'we must accommodate drug takers and give them more resources as they are victims' advocates would jump onto that one

As you well know its quite common, in fact I would say the norm for a member of the public to go out with friends for a pint or two or a glass of wine over dinner than to cause any trouble or get intoxicated

Wheras the one and only intention of taking drugs is to get stoned or high on whatever the effect of the chosen drug full stop.

And I'm afraid the old Cannabis is harmless nonsense has been debunked over and over again by the medical experts who point to the psychosis related tsunami in medical facilities all over the world caused by cannabis use.

I'm also not aware of county lines or outbreaks of stabbings and shootings by gang members over who is going to supply a 4 pack of Ruddles best bitter.
What's to be done about London... on 11:25 - Aug 5 with 1020 viewscontroversial_jack

The misuse of anything is bad. Recreational drugs and alcohol are enjoyed by millions worldwide without and ill effects at all.

Stating the obvious, it's when it becomes habitual that's where problems occur.Many ppl, would be surprised to know, that most drug users simply stop - even heroin users.Alcohol is different and far more difficult to control.

Legalising drugs would take the dealers out of business overnight. Users could get their fix in clean supervised facilities, with no risk of contaminated needles or drugs cut with impurities. There would be fewer illnesses, fewer overdoses and far less crime
What's to be done about London... on 11:26 - Aug 5 with 1018 viewsonehunglow

"Thank God somebody feels the same way".
Some kid about 15 was on a lane yesterday spoking a spliff when riding .I was riding my own bike towards him.We entered a bend and he almost took me out.Being a narky,confrontational pensioner I turned around and went after him and caught him (im still fit) and he was 3 sheets to the wind. This lane is popular with parents taking young kids for a stroll and he would have taken them out.

Why i a kid of 15/16 smoking weed whilst cycling

Rather than ask questions as to whether drugs kill or not,maybe questions should be asked a to why smoking dope is so prevalent.

Drug driving is killing more than drink driving .Fact

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What's to be done about London... on 11:46 - Aug 5 with 1011 viewscontroversial_jack

What's to be done about London... on 11:26 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Some kid about 15 was on a lane yesterday spoking a spliff when riding .I was riding my own bike towards him.We entered a bend and he almost took me out.Being a narky,confrontational pensioner I turned around and went after him and caught him (im still fit) and he was 3 sheets to the wind. This lane is popular with parents taking young kids for a stroll and he would have taken them out.

Rather than ask questions as to whether drugs kill or not,maybe questions should be asked a to why smoking dope is so prevalent.

Are you for real?
What's to be done about London... on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 1008 viewsonehunglow

Is that a respectful post.

Try to append something relevant to the thread.

What's to be done about London... on 11:55 - Aug 5 with 1008 viewsonehunglow

I 'll be controversial for a moment then.

Mr contro and family are taking their grandkids out one fine Sunday afternoon and one of them is on the new bike bought for his/her 2 nd birthday and still on stabilisers.

Then along comes Nobby on his rusty ol mountain bike ,one hand down his trackies the other caressing a spliff and runs straight into the Contro family oblivious to all around him.

Real enough.

It happens

Often

What's to be done about London... on 12:12 - Aug 5 with 1005 viewscontroversial_jack

What's to be done about London... on 11:55 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

I 'll be controversial for a moment then.

Mr contro and family are taking their grandkids out one fine Sunday afternoon and one of them is on the new bike bought for his/her 2 nd birthday and still on stabilisers.

Then along comes Nobby on his rusty ol mountain bike ,one hand down his trackies the other caressing a spliff and runs straight into the Contro family oblivious to all around him.

Real enough.

It happens

Often

Cyclists do this all the time, not just kids or those smoking things
What's to be done about London... on 12:22 - Aug 5 with 1001 viewsonehunglow

True but smoking dope isn't exactly conduive to safe cycling is it.

We had a decent exchange there.

Moving on-clean sheet

Login to get fewer ads

What's to be done about London... on 16:06 - Aug 5 with 967 viewsHumpty

What's to be done about London... on 11:26 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Fact? Is it?

Got any evidence to back it up?
What's to be done about London... on 16:10 - Aug 5 with 965 viewsHumpty

What's to be done about London... on 10:11 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Incredible

Drugs kill.

You dont believe it,then I pity you.

Drug drivers are out biggest problem.

You are,as you say,talking complete bollox.

I know drugs kill. I've not said anything to indicate otherwise.

You said don't take drugs, IT will KILL you. I correctly pointed out that is false.

Not a very honest man are you Perch?
What's to be done about London... on 17:01 - Aug 5 with 961 viewsonehunglow

Hump.
Ive been asked not to use my former user name so I d ask you the same.

You can insult me all you want but I am as contemptuous of your opinions a you are of mine and we could sit here until we lose our mortal coils doing so but I d rather do something else,if its all the same to you.
You give impressions of yourself ;as we all do.

Fin

What's to be done about London... on 17:16 - Aug 5 with 947 viewsHumpty

What's to be done about London... on 17:01 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Hump.
Ive been asked not to use my former user name so I d ask you the same.

You can insult me all you want but I am as contemptuous of your opinions a you are of mine and we could sit here until we lose our mortal coils doing so but I d rather do something else,if its all the same to you.
You give impressions of yourself ;as we all do.

Fin

Fine. Stop telling lies about me then. Such as saying I don't believe drugs kill. I've never said that and you know it.
What's to be done about London... on 17:45 - Aug 5 with 936 viewsKerouac

What's to be done about London... on 17:16 - Aug 5 by Humpty

Fine. Stop telling lies about me then. Such as saying I don't believe drugs kill. I've never said that and you know it.

Why the antagonism?

whoflungdung simply made the case for any youngsters reading to not take drugs ever, "they will kill you".
You responded; "The vast majority of people who take drugs do not die."
whoflungdung argued that they (drugs) will get you in the end.

He's arguing zero tolerance, you are arguing that it is possible to have a drug habit and hold down a job.
Just agree to disagree mun.

What's to be done about London... on 18:08 - Aug 5 with 933 viewscontroversial_jack

What's to be done about London... on 17:45 - Aug 5 by Kerouac

Why the antagonism?

whoflungdung simply made the case for any youngsters reading to not take drugs ever, "they will kill you".

He's arguing zero tolerance, you are arguing that it is possible to have a drug habit and hold down a job.

Just say no to drugs youngsters. Yes, i'm sure that will do the trick!
What's to be done about London... on 18:11 - Aug 5 with 931 viewsonehunglow

K.I have been asked to stop making reference to my previous user names and I ve agreed.

I simply did so to make people aware of who I am.

I stand by every word I post -normally and Hump and I have been at each other's throats for years. He's ok ,I think and the polar opposite of how I view life.

I have him on ignore now .

Now then,London.What a festering cess pit,a once great city on its knees with a Commissioner standing proud as the very worst in history.

What's to be done about London... on 18:12 - Aug 5 with 926 viewsHumpty

What's to be done about London... on 17:45 - Aug 5 by Kerouac

Why the antagonism?

I can't really be arsed anymore but one of us was correct in what they said. The other one wasn't.

I know the truth doesn't mean much to today's right but I still think it's very important.
What's to be done about London... on 18:25 - Aug 5 with 926 viewsonehunglow

Well,that would help as many adults don't bat an eyelid and often it's the start of addition.

Anyway,London. A sad indictment of a weak Mayor and successful governments to truly protect the people

What's to be done about London... on 23:49 - Aug 5 with 879 viewsDJack

What's to be done about London... on 18:25 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Well,that would help as many adults don't bat an eyelid and often it's the start of addition.

Anyway,London. A sad indictment of a weak Mayor and successful governments to truly protect the people

Nope, a problem born of various different complex societal issues with the added mix of police jumping to their political masters (UK Gov) next "initiative". I pity the public and the good police officers.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What's to be done about London... on 06:43 - Aug 6 with 850 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What's to be done about London... on 11:03 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Alcohol
Good riposte albeit a predictable one.

Ive discussed this before however and not going to repeat myself so sorry to bale out of this one

Alcohol always causes much more violence than drugs. When I was 18 going out in Swansea I saw no end of nasty fights between men and women too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What's to be done about London... on 07:27 - Aug 6 with 835 viewsHighjack

What's to be done about London... on 06:43 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Alcohol always causes much more violence than drugs. When I was 18 going out in Swansea I saw no end of nasty fights between men and women too.

In my experience it was always the coked up roiders you needed to be wary of.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What's to be done about London... on 08:12 - Aug 6 with 829 viewsonehunglow

Bryn .It causes more as more people drink alcohol than drugs but I take your point as it cannot be denied.
However,drug taking is no alternative.

And ,as I say,drug driving i now a far greater problem.Ask any serving police officer.

What's to be done about London... on 23:28 - Aug 11 with 747 viewsKerouac

Poor kid;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/teenager-found-guilty-of-stabbing-boy-

What's to be done about London... on 11:00 - Aug 12 with 713 viewsKGriz16

What's to be done about London... on 23:28 - Aug 11 by Kerouac

Poor kid;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/teenager-found-guilty-of-stabbing-boy-

That's really sad. Over social media too.

Whilst I enjoy debate on here, what I find curious is why is there seemingly no worries about the consequences? Surely by taking a knife to someone to realize you're going to do some serious jail time. Why isn't there ever a stop and think? "Is this worth it?" "what the f*ck am I doing?"
What's to be done about London... on 11:08 - Aug 12 with 711 viewschad

What's to be done about London... on 23:28 - Aug 11 by Kerouac

Poor kid;

Shocking, like they think it is like some video game. Sadly reality awaits, but not for the lad he went tooled up with a hunting knife to kill.

Of course he only meant to scare him and cannot remember what happened, so why was he wearing a latex glove.
What's to be done about London... on 13:40 - Aug 12 with 689 viewslondonlisa2001

What's to be done about London... on 11:08 - Aug 12 by chad

Shocking, like they think it is like some video game. Sadly reality awaits, but not for the lad he went tooled up with a hunting knife to kill.

Of course he only meant to scare him and cannot remember what happened, so why was he wearing a latex glove.

“ Shocking, like they think it is like some video game. ”

I think there a lot of truth in that statement. The lines between reality and the virtual world are so blurred for people under a certain age, combined with their inability to truly understand the finality of death and the consequences of their actions.

Perhaps it’s inevitable that some kids will have a complete mental breakdown and lose all sense of what is real anymore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024