Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else dislike the forum split? 19:24 - Aug 31 with 2007 viewslifelong

Personally it is putting me off posting on either forum.

Simply don’t see the point in it and it seems to be dividing the fan base.

There was a time when I really enjoyed coming on this forum, sadly no more.
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 19:31 - Aug 31 with 1532 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry to here that.
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 19:46 - Aug 31 with 1509 viewsCatullus

It's not the same is it. It's better in some ways, worse in others. Nothing is ever perfect.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 20:17 - Aug 31 with 1490 viewsbritferry

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 19:31 - Aug 31 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry to here that.

hear hear

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 20:37 - Aug 31 with 1470 viewsTreforys_Jack

Shame that, always a decent poster.
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 20:56 - Aug 31 with 1449 viewsFireboy2

The split seems to have caused a rift which imo is unnecessary, ateotd we are all jack b@stards so we should all try to get on as best we can.

Yes there is a right/left friction but that has always been there but apart from that I cant see why we cant try to get on, i dont get why some people just post on one site, it baffles me as I think both sites deal with the same subjects, it just that one seems to be left leaning and the other right.

Cmon people try to get on, even I will try my best to reach out to jack123 when he comes on the other site on saturday night
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 21:09 - Aug 31 with 1435 viewsDJack

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 20:56 - Aug 31 by Fireboy2

The split seems to have caused a rift which imo is unnecessary, ateotd we are all jack b@stards so we should all try to get on as best we can.

Yes there is a right/left friction but that has always been there but apart from that I cant see why we cant try to get on, i dont get why some people just post on one site, it baffles me as I think both sites deal with the same subjects, it just that one seems to be left leaning and the other right.

Cmon people try to get on, even I will try my best to reach out to jack123 when he comes on the other site on saturday night

Reach out!...with your left or your right?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 21:15 - Aug 31 with 1422 viewsFireboy2

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 21:09 - Aug 31 by DJack

Reach out!...with your left or your right?

Both DJ😁
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 00:17 - Sep 1 with 1335 viewstheloneranger

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 20:56 - Aug 31 by Fireboy2

Buy him a rubber. 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 00:21 - Sep 1 with 1333 viewsFireboy2

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 00:17 - Sep 1 by theloneranger

Buy him a rubber. 😇

Haha, nice one LR👏
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 02:14 - Sep 1 with 1284 viewsDr_Parnassus

No, it’s been excellent for this forum. It had been smothered far too long under the old regime. Voices suppressed, people viciously bullied, posts deleted and altered that didn’t fit the narrative.. it was a cesspool of filth.

Those that enjoyed that side of it can continue that on the other site where it looks as if they are carrying on where they left off. Those that join football forums to actually debate like adults can stay here with like minded people.

Best of both worlds now.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 13:01 - Sep 1 with 1143 viewscontroversial_jack

This has always been a right wing forum, often quite extreme. I'm hoping the other one won't attract the same nutters
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 13:13 - Sep 1 with 1136 viewsCatullus

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 13:01 - Sep 1 by controversial_jack

This has always been a right wing forum, often quite extreme. I'm hoping the other one won't attract the same nutters

Ah, you're trying to hard to be controversial now. Or are you really suggesting all previous but now departed users are right wing? ECB, Drizzy, yourself?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 13:23 - Sep 1 with 1130 viewsTreforys_Jack

But you still feel the need to come here to tell us, pmsl
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 13:49 - Sep 1 with 1102 views1983

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 02:14 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

No, it’s been excellent for this forum. It had been smothered far too long under the old regime. Voices suppressed, people viciously bullied, posts deleted and altered that didn’t fit the narrative.. it was a cesspool of filth.

Those that enjoyed that side of it can continue that on the other site where it looks as if they are carrying on where they left off. Those that join football forums to actually debate like adults can stay here with like minded people.

Best of both worlds now.

This in buckets 👍

Apart from the odd person I don’t personally know anyone on here and I don’t particularly want to get to know anyone.I just come on here for local gossip,Swans shit and a laugh but some who did post on here it was their life and they took great delight in derailing posts,chats...etc.
It seems this site is now better for it that they have left

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 13:50 - Sep 1 with 1101 viewsDr_Parnassus

When you say extreme right comments, can you point to one?

If seen this mentioned a few times now, yet I can’t recall ever seeing an overtly far right post in the history of this forum.

I know people like to call those that don’t pander to leftist ideals “far right” in order to not face the common sense that they post... but saying it, and qualifying that claim are two different things.

Will be interested to hear back.

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 14:59 - Sep 1 with 1063 viewsTreforys_Jack

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 13:49 - Sep 1 by 1983

This in buckets 👍

Apart from the odd person I don’t personally know anyone on here and I don’t particularly want to get to know anyone.I just come on here for local gossip,Swans shit and a laugh but some who did post on here it was their life and they took great delight in derailing posts,chats...etc.
It seems this site is now better for it that they have left

The second half of your post is absolutely 100% how it was.
Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:07 - Sep 1 with 1056 viewsItchySphincter

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 02:14 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Best of both worlds now.

So you haven't been on the other forum then? Far more arguing and stench on here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:27 - Sep 1 with 1034 viewsDr_Parnassus

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:07 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

So you haven't been on the other forum then? Far more arguing and stench on here.

I had a quick look yes. Looks horrendous.

Don’t see much arguing on here apart from agitators from the other site coming on here trying to cause conflict.

Know what I mean?....

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:33 - Sep 1 with 1026 viewsKerouac

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:07 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

I love this logic, the logic of our times.

People who are angry about their ideas losing at the ballot box take to the streets, damage propert, physically attack people, murder...put the responsibility for their actions on Trump/the Tories etc.
(using their logic, if Biden wins and angry republicans take to the streets to burn cities and attack people, that would be Biden's fault right? )

Likewise posters who left and made it clear many who might have joined them weren't welcome, come back on here (because the site they wished to have to themselves is shite, like a morgue) and down arrow and name call and generally spoil for an argument...but they are not responsible, it is our fault.

It is almost as if these posters live to insult and antagonise and fight.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 15:35]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:43 - Sep 1 with 1009 viewsNotLoyal

I choose to select my opinion based on what I know.
I am an advocate of Kier Starmer as an example, this is well documented, as I keep saying left and right doesn’t work anymore, it’s old man politics, decisions made by myself are made as a result of what I see, hear and understand.
I don’t totally write off any political message just because it comes from labour or conservative, I base it on a more humanist standpoint, does it help others, does it bring people together as an example. It’s easy to brand people as one thing or another to satisfy this ridiculous measure of left and right.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:46 - Sep 1 with 1001 viewsNotLoyal

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:33 - Sep 1 by Kerouac

I love this logic, the logic of our times.

People who are angry about their ideas losing at the ballot box take to the streets, damage propert, physically attack people, murder...put the responsibility for their actions on Trump/the Tories etc.
(using their logic, if Biden wins and angry republicans take to the streets to burn cities and attack people, that would be Biden's fault right? )

Likewise posters who left and made it clear many who might have joined them weren't welcome, come back on here (because the site they wished to have to themselves is shite, like a morgue) and down arrow and name call and generally spoil for an argument...but they are not responsible, it is our fault.

It is almost as if these posters live to insult and antagonise and fight.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 15:35]

There were numerous idiots on here back then, unable to have dialogue, or understand not everything is clear and easily placed in one box or the other.
They would often resort to name calling, and when I as an example responded they would get all holier than thow and throw more insults.
Cowardly sorts of little consequence.
Pathetic.

OK I've changed it.

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 16:38 - Sep 1 with 975 viewsItchySphincter

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 15:27 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I had a quick look yes. Looks horrendous.

Don’t see much arguing on here apart from agitators from the other site coming on here trying to cause conflict.

Know what I mean?....

No, explain....

Unless you're telling me that now you're back I'm not welcome here and belong on the 'other side'?

....or that if someone doesn't agree with you it's an argumentative agitator?

Sounds like the same old childish narcissism you've always served up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 16:58 - Sep 1 with 951 viewsDr_Parnassus

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 16:38 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

No, explain....

Unless you're telling me that now you're back I'm not welcome here and belong on the 'other side'?

I don’t think there is any explanation needed, you clearly understood my point, which is telling in itself.

I don’t think I have seen a single post from you that isn’t coming across as some sort of frustrated agitator trying to pick an online argument for whatever personal gain it gives you. Possibly some historical chip on your shoulder from previous lost debates?

I’m not saying you should post on any forum, not sure where you got that from. Post where you like, I’m just making the point that any hostility that is on here clearly comes from the likes of you. Hope that clears things up.

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 16:59 - Sep 1 with 951 viewsNotLoyal

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 16:38 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

No, explain....

It’s the inability to debate that the problem.
As many have said, and the inability to back up threats when they get called out.
Doesn’t apply to you I’ve found your dialogue extremely respectful.
Unlike others.

OK I've changed it.

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 17:01 - Sep 1 with 945 viewsDr_Parnassus

Anyone else dislike the forum split? on 16:59 - Sep 1 by NotLoyal

It’s the inability to debate that the problem.
As many have said, and the inability to back up threats when they get called out.
Doesn’t apply to you I’ve found your dialogue extremely respectful.
Unlike others.

Agreed, although our mate Itch has never had the ability to debate anything.

Sadly that still seems the case. Shame.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024