Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 169267 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:11 - Oct 9 with 1036 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:58 - Oct 7 by Dr_Parnassus

So as you may now understand, it’s a complex issue and things have developed since Roe vs Wade that calls for a review.

There should never EVER be a situation where more children are being killed than being born. Nobody can make a case for otherwise, surely?

Huge problem and people using death and a way to escape inconvenience. That shouldn’t be legal., especially repeated cases of such.

I'm not goading you but this (below) must be awkward for conservative America, Additionally it is made by a company who'se boss is a Trump Golfing buddy so I imagine that Trump is fully aware of the background. As I've previously stated Trump only cares about himself...

"One of the drugs taken by Donald Trump that he has touted as a potential “cure” for coronavirus was developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion, a practice repeatedly denounced by the president and many of his supporters."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/08/trump-covid-drug-developed-using-c

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:47 - Oct 9 with 1030 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:11 - Oct 9 by DJack

I'm not goading you but this (below) must be awkward for conservative America, Additionally it is made by a company who'se boss is a Trump Golfing buddy so I imagine that Trump is fully aware of the background. As I've previously stated Trump only cares about himself...

"One of the drugs taken by Donald Trump that he has touted as a potential “cure” for coronavirus was developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion, a practice repeatedly denounced by the president and many of his supporters."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/08/trump-covid-drug-developed-using-c

I don’t think you are goading me, it’s fine.

I just don’t understand why you are searching for negative spin stories on Trump every day. Wouldn’t it be better to discuss actual politics and policies than searching and posting links to a media that every day reaches for anything it can find to smear the man? You don’t seem a stupid man so I’m not sure why you can’t see through it.

Anyway back to the point, It’s not awkward. They politicised him getting ill and now they are politicising his recovery. It’s crazy.

Using the cells of dead babies voluntarily killed by its parents to test things on is wrong. But legal unfortunately. I did tell you to take a look at Planned Parenthood. They profit from abortion, this is one of the ways, dead babies is big money which is why the Democrat backed business doesn’t want Wade vs Roe touched. Planned Parenthood have the Democrats $45m for their election campaign - ask yourself why.

So the President is absolutely right to condemn it. But If you have a deadly illness however, you will take the medicine. I highly doubt Trump knew that’s where it was tested, these are private companies. But it doesn’t make much difference either way. For example I’m against eating meat, I think it’s harmful and the practise it cruel (my personal view), if I was dying of starvation I would eat meat if that would save me - my stance wouldn’t change however.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 2:57]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:32 - Oct 9 with 1006 viewsGlyn1

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:38 - Sep 29 by Catullus

I won't be watching, seems fairly pointless to me, I haven't got a vote.

Although I am far from a Trump fan seems to me the Uk will be better off if Trump wins because Biden is pro EU. So come on the Donald! At least for long enough to get a trade deal done.

I'm a little surprised that you say that. When it mattered, Biden supported the UK.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:55 - Oct 9 with 954 viewsHighjack

The expert BBC analysis of the Pence-Harris debate framed entirely through the prisms of gender and race. How dare he criticise her during a debate. She’s got a vagina! This is clear oppression...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54467093

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:26 - Oct 9 with 943 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:55 - Oct 9 by Highjack

The expert BBC analysis of the Pence-Harris debate framed entirely through the prisms of gender and race. How dare he criticise her during a debate. She’s got a vagina! This is clear oppression...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54467093

Yep, absolutely nothing to do with the fact she was lying through her teeth and Pence was calling it out before she could move on.

This race and gender thing has become very old very fast. If she can’t answer something she talks about race.

And I don’t know who keeps coaching Biden and Harris to keep looking down the camera and talking to “the people” but it’s horrifically cringe.

[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 9:42]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:15 - Oct 9 with 907 viewsDJack

Are al the problems coming home to roost?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

And yep it's only a forecast and they have been proven wrong many times but this time those Dems who didn't like HRC are not going to stay home.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:32 - Oct 9 with 900 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:58 - Oct 9 by DJack

What do you call a countries leader who wants his opposition locked up?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8819875/Donald-Trump-says-told-Bill-Bar

Do you mean a Country's leader that has suffered 4 years of Sedition and Treason from the previous administration and all the Security services and the DOJ.
I call him defensive, very angry and rightfully requesting JUSTICE.

You are obviously totally unaware of the documents being released showing the attempted coup of a sitting President.
Documents that show the complete innocence of General Flynn.
Why don't you wise up instead of reading the MSM propaganda.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 14:29]
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:46 - Oct 9 with 890 viewsHighjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:15 - Oct 9 by DJack

Are al the problems coming home to roost?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

And yep it's only a forecast and they have been proven wrong many times but this time those Dems who didn't like HRC are not going to stay home.

Haven’t we learned our lesson about polls and forecasts yet? It doesn’t matter what models or algorithms and controls they put in place extrapolating the results of a sample of 1000 people to an electorate of more than 250 million is just utter lunacy.

For the poll about who won the debate they even put a disclaimer saying that of the 1700 people sampled, only 1100 watched some or all of the debate yet included all the results anyway.

It’s bonkers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:22 - Oct 9 with 873 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:46 - Oct 9 by Highjack

Haven’t we learned our lesson about polls and forecasts yet? It doesn’t matter what models or algorithms and controls they put in place extrapolating the results of a sample of 1000 people to an electorate of more than 250 million is just utter lunacy.

For the poll about who won the debate they even put a disclaimer saying that of the 1700 people sampled, only 1100 watched some or all of the debate yet included all the results anyway.

It’s bonkers.

The polls are always wrong because they always poll in the same stupid and unreliable way.

I’m sure some people have only been following politics for a matter of a few months since the riots and the media offensive.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:38 - Oct 9 with 851 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Democrats and their little helpers are getting very desperate as more and more unredacted paperwork is released, but even now the President's employees, (they all work for him and the people), are not releasing the paperwork or releasing it redacted.
They are still refusing to co-operate with Senate committees investuagtions.
The 18 members of Mueller's team when asked to hand over their phones wiped them clean before doing so.
That in itself is an up to 10 year prison sentence, but they don't care because the DOJ has not yet prosecuted anybody for their felonies on any of the lying, cheating, law breaking that has been done.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:13 - Oct 9 with 840 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They also now have another problem, the Bank supposedly involved in the Russian/Trump Steel dossier is taking action.
Alpha Bank are now sueing Fusion GPS, Glen Simpson, their Lawyers, buzzfeed and possibly the FBI.
They will be demanding discovery of sources that falsely said they were involved.
Finally the fight back against all the bullsh!t appears to be happening.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:21 - Oct 9 with 834 viewsDr_Parnassus

Absolute lunacy.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:00 - Oct 9 with 818 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:21 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolute lunacy.

Absolute lunacy

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:03 - Oct 9 with 816 viewsKilkennyjack

Go on yourself Nancy .... 🇺🇸✊🏾

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:44 - Oct 9 with 801 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:00 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Absolute lunacy

It is absolute lunacy yes.

Imagine openly stating you won’t reveal an important stance on a policy until after the public have voted.

The reason for that being that they know revealing it will lose them votes as the public don’t want fascism, which packing the court of course is.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:00 - Oct 9 with 798 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:47 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

I just don’t understand why you are searching for negative spin stories on Trump every day. Wouldn’t it be better to discuss actual politics and policies than searching and posting links to a media that every day reaches for anything it can find to smear the man? You don’t seem a stupid man so I’m not sure why you can’t see through it.

Anyway back to the point, It’s not awkward. They politicised him getting ill and now they are politicising his recovery. It’s crazy.

Using the cells of dead babies voluntarily killed by its parents to test things on is wrong. But legal unfortunately. I did tell you to take a look at Planned Parenthood. They profit from abortion, this is one of the ways, dead babies is big money which is why the Democrat backed business doesn’t want Wade vs Roe touched. Planned Parenthood have the Democrats $45m for their election campaign - ask yourself why.

So the President is absolutely right to condemn it. But If you have a deadly illness however, you will take the medicine. I highly doubt Trump knew that’s where it was tested, these are private companies. But it doesn’t make much difference either way. For example I’m against eating meat, I think it’s harmful and the practise it cruel (my personal view), if I was dying of starvation I would eat meat if that would save me - my stance wouldn’t change however.

Out of interest, vegan or vegetarian?

I agree with you, Trump probably didn't know but it doesn't make much difference. There are so many lies tangled up with politics that somewhere (I have no doubt) both sides have fingers in the same pie.

Why are they all so busy throwing dirt at each other when there is so much more important stuff to talk about.

It's the same over here at GE's these days, it's as much about insult and abuse as real policies.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:06 - Oct 9 with 795 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:00 - Oct 9 by Catullus

Out of interest, vegan or vegetarian?

I agree with you, Trump probably didn't know but it doesn't make much difference. There are so many lies tangled up with politics that somewhere (I have no doubt) both sides have fingers in the same pie.

Why are they all so busy throwing dirt at each other when there is so much more important stuff to talk about.

It's the same over here at GE's these days, it's as much about insult and abuse as real policies.

The President does want to talk about it, but all the Democrats and MSM have done is dish dirt.
He is now in attack mode, because they have been getting away with breaking the law and he is really pissed off, as are all his republican supporters.
It has been known for at least 2 years what they did and the DOJ has been stalling the whole time. There has been obstruction of justice at every turn with nothing in the MSM about it at all.
It has literally been the biggest scandal and cover up in the history of the USA.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:07 - Oct 9 with 794 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:03 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Go on yourself Nancy .... 🇺🇸✊🏾

Bump

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:09 - Oct 9 with 793 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:06 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

The President does want to talk about it, but all the Democrats and MSM have done is dish dirt.
He is now in attack mode, because they have been getting away with breaking the law and he is really pissed off, as are all his republican supporters.
It has been known for at least 2 years what they did and the DOJ has been stalling the whole time. There has been obstruction of justice at every turn with nothing in the MSM about it at all.
It has literally been the biggest scandal and cover up in the history of the USA.

Trump does not want to debate though.

One beating from Sleepy Joe is enough.

The Idiot-in-Chief .... 🍊🇺🇸

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:53 - Oct 9 with 778 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:09 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Trump does not want to debate though.

One beating from Sleepy Joe is enough.

The Idiot-in-Chief .... 🍊🇺🇸

That is the problem that you have you see.
Did you actually watch the 2 against 1 debate?
Or are you just reading about it in the mass media to come to your opinion?

Even now when asked Biden will not answer the important questions, he lied to the american people and all the world on TV with easily checkable facts.
As did Harris, they seem to forget that they and their real views are on video.
Which of course you have not seen.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:04 - Oct 9 with 768 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:53 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

That is the problem that you have you see.
Did you actually watch the 2 against 1 debate?
Or are you just reading about it in the mass media to come to your opinion?

Even now when asked Biden will not answer the important questions, he lied to the american people and all the world on TV with easily checkable facts.
As did Harris, they seem to forget that they and their real views are on video.
Which of course you have not seen.

Yes i got up and watched it, did you ?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:18 - Oct 9 with 764 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:04 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Yes i got up and watched it, did you ?

I watched on video.
You watched it and didn't realise or care that Biden was lying.
No less than 33 times.
And you think the President is scared to debate him.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:33 - Oct 9 with 724 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:44 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

It is absolute lunacy yes.

Imagine openly stating you won’t reveal an important stance on a policy until after the public have voted.

The reason for that being that they know revealing it will lose them votes as the public don’t want fascism, which packing the court of course is.

Whilst the Republicans said their policy is whatever Trump wants...

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:35 - Oct 9 with 723 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:18 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

I watched on video.
You watched it and didn't realise or care that Biden was lying.
No less than 33 times.
And you think the President is scared to debate him.

And yet the President has lied over 20000 times...seems fair.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:43 - Oct 9 with 719 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:47 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

I don't go searching for anything. What I post is what I've picked up whilst reading other sites (non politics, in fact I avoid politics wherever I can as it's nasty)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024