Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170040 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:29 - Oct 10 with 1279 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:22 - Oct 10 by DJack

As to "You must have posted close to 50 links now?!" and commenting on me using CNN, these are the links I've used in the thread...

ap news x1

bbc x1

breibart x1

businessinsider.com x1

cnn x3

daily mail x3

facebook t's & c's x1

fivethirtyeight x1

forbes x1

theguardian x2

huffingtonpost x1

A Kelly Loeffler twitter post

mediabiasfactcheck x1

nationalgeographic x1

newsweek x1

nytimes x2

outsideonline x1

politico x2

reuters x1

Survey usa x1

time x1

usatoday x1

vanityfair x1

washingtonpost x1

wiley online library x1

x32 links (some in reply) about the situation in America/election related with the Daily Mail and CNN at a tie for most links... three each

Of those links, how many do you think are leftist biased do you think?

Have a guess.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:32 - Oct 10 with 1269 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:29 - Oct 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Of those links, how many do you think are leftist biased do you think?

Have a guess.

You mean the THREE daily Mail and Breibart links dont you...

Bias is normal, factual reporting/direct quotes are the things to utilise

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:39 - Oct 10 with 1264 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:32 - Oct 10 by DJack

You mean the THREE daily Mail and Breibart links dont you...

Bias is normal, factual reporting/direct quotes are the things to utilise

No I’m more thinking of the:-

cnn x3

fivethirtyeight x1

theguardian x2

huffingtonpost x1

newsweek x1

business insider x1

nytimes x2

politico x2

Survey usa x1

time x1

usatoday x1

vanityfair x1

washingtonpost x1

You aren’t utilising any of these links. You are dumping them on here, sometimes without even understanding them and then moving on when the explanation of why it is nonsense is pointed out to you.

That’s 60% of your links left wing bias fluff pieces.

15% of your links right wing (and only selectively posted if they follow your narrative).

Yet reject those sources if they say anything against your narrative.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 5:03]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:55 - Oct 10 with 1247 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:39 - Oct 10 by Dr_Parnassus

No I’m more thinking of the:-

cnn x3

fivethirtyeight x1

theguardian x2

huffingtonpost x1

newsweek x1

business insider x1

nytimes x2

politico x2

Survey usa x1

time x1

usatoday x1

vanityfair x1

washingtonpost x1

You aren’t utilising any of these links. You are dumping them on here, sometimes without even understanding them and then moving on when the explanation of why it is nonsense is pointed out to you.

That’s 60% of your links left wing bias fluff pieces.

15% of your links right wing (and only selectively posted if they follow your narrative).

Yet reject those sources if they say anything against your narrative.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 5:03]

My irony meter exploded!

But as I said earlier bias is normal and many of those you've highlighted have a slight bias and have a factual reporting rating of HIGH.

As to nonsence & fluff pieces, you state that with (an internet) straight face even though you promote Tucker Carlson and that Candace woman as honest brokers.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:56 - Oct 10 with 1245 viewsDJack

I've a couple of beers and some gaming to do...bis morgen.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:03 - Oct 10 with 1233 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:55 - Oct 10 by DJack

My irony meter exploded!

But as I said earlier bias is normal and many of those you've highlighted have a slight bias and have a factual reporting rating of HIGH.

As to nonsence & fluff pieces, you state that with (an internet) straight face even though you promote Tucker Carlson and that Candace woman as honest brokers.

What is ironic about that?

I very rarely post any links at all. I debate my views which is formed from real life events, they aren’t filtered through a journalists prejudices. I will only provide a link if someone requests one or doesn’t believe me that an event happened.

Happy to debate Tucker or Candace. Both are usually smeared by the left because they fear them, especially Candace. There is nothing more scary to a liberal than an outspoken black republican.

Let me know what they have said that you disagree with specifically and we can discuss it. Otherwise I can only assume you are attempting to character assassinate without substance, fair?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:41 - Oct 10 with 1191 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:03 - Oct 10 by Dr_Parnassus

What is ironic about that?

I very rarely post any links at all. I debate my views which is formed from real life events, they aren’t filtered through a journalists prejudices. I will only provide a link if someone requests one or doesn’t believe me that an event happened.

Happy to debate Tucker or Candace. Both are usually smeared by the left because they fear them, especially Candace. There is nothing more scary to a liberal than an outspoken black republican.

Let me know what they have said that you disagree with specifically and we can discuss it. Otherwise I can only assume you are attempting to character assassinate without substance, fair?

How do you find out about these real life events that you form opinions on? From the media by any chance, either mainstream or social? Everything that you get from the tv, internet or newspapers is seen through the filter of somebody's bias.

Or are you omnipresent and see everything as it happens?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:11 - Oct 10 with 1186 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:41 - Oct 10 by Catullus

How do you find out about these real life events that you form opinions on? From the media by any chance, either mainstream or social? Everything that you get from the tv, internet or newspapers is seen through the filter of somebody's bias.

Depends what you are talking about. I get information from loads of different sources but never any from newspapers or television. These days I see the media as a form of entertainment as opposed to serious information sources.

The debates for example I watched them live and comment on them. I don’t need a CNN poll to form my opinion.

When the riots were underway I went directly to the source (BLM) to find out why then did my own research into offical data to form my opinion that it was nonsense. I don’t filter my views through the media and which ever narrative they want to push.

If I do watch something then the chances are I would have formed my independent opinion on it long before watching it meaning I will be able to back up all of my views in great depth without the need to rely on links.

I recommend everyone do that. You told me you were teaching your son how to learn and not what to learn in our last conversation. This is no different. If you don’t think that’s possible without media then where are you telling him to get his information from?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 10:17]

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:12 - Oct 10 with 1186 viewsHighjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:41 - Oct 10 by Catullus

The natural bias in the media is inherent in the language used when describing something factual.

For example two fictional headlines I just made up:

“Heartless Trump blocks desperate asylum seekers at border with wall.”

“Victory for Trump as illegal economic migrants thwarted by wall”

Both describe exactly the same thing but from two very different viewpoints which is the natural bias media should have.

But when you have situations like the one on CNN where literally everything is on fire in the background, there’s explosions and people screaming and they are trying to label it “mostly peaceful”, it stops being just bias and turns into pure propaganda and that’s what we’re seeing now from all sides. North Korea would be happy with some of this work.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:00 - Oct 10 with 1173 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:45 - Oct 9 by DJack

The fact that you claim Flynn is innocent tells me you are drinking from the KoolAid.

No I am not drinking anything, I am reading official documents, released over the last few months.
Whereas you are reading MSM propaganda.
I just cannot understand why you refuse to educate yourself.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:31 - Oct 10 with 1154 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The real Joe Biden.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:46 - Oct 10 with 1096 viewsKilkennyjack

Shitehouse. Fake news but it would be typical.

Vote Sleepy Joe 🇺🇸
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 19:51]

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:13 - Oct 10 with 1066 viewsmajorraglan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:46 - Oct 10 by Kilkennyjack

Shitehouse. Fake news but it would be typical.

Vote Sleepy Joe 🇺🇸
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 19:51]

This story first surfaced in September when Michael Cohen mooted it as an option if DT lost the election.
For this to happen, Trump has to lose the election which is by no means a certainty, he’s trailng but it’s not over yet. It’s my understanding Pence can pardon Trump for Federal matters, but not for State crimes which is what the SDNY are investigating. If Pence pardons Trump, it could become deeply unpopular with the American electorate (as was the case after Ford pardoned Nixon) and potentially mean the end of Pence’s political career. Pence is only 61 and could potentially be the Republican nomination in 2024, if Trump loses Pence has some big calls to make.

Edit -typo
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 21:28]
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:16 - Oct 10 with 1060 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:13 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

This story first surfaced in September when Michael Cohen mooted it as an option if DT lost the election.
For this to happen, Trump has to lose the election which is by no means a certainty, he’s trailng but it’s not over yet. It’s my understanding Pence can pardon Trump for Federal matters, but not for State crimes which is what the SDNY are investigating. If Pence pardons Trump, it could become deeply unpopular with the American electorate (as was the case after Ford pardoned Nixon) and potentially mean the end of Pence’s political career. Pence is only 61 and could potentially be the Republican nomination in 2024, if Trump loses Pence has some big calls to make.

Edit -typo

Is the correct answer.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:28 - Oct 10 with 1022 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:13 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

Edit -typo

Pardon him for what?

Will Biden pardon himself after the 8 women accused him of sexual assault/inappropriate touching?

Maybe he can pardon Clinton while he is at it.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:15 - Oct 11 with 982 viewsDJack

This doesn't add much to the thread but it made me smile...

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:54 - Oct 11 with 973 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:15 - Oct 11 by DJack

This doesn't add much to the thread but it made me smile...

I don’t understand it.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:42 - Oct 11 with 956 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:54 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t understand it.

Nevermind eh!

Keep baning the rocks together.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:47 - Oct 11 with 955 viewsDJack

Is this a god sign or a bad sign?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/05/15/the-majority-of-donald-tr

Jumping on the billionaire gravy-train or is this some form of yet not announced altruism...

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:57 - Oct 11 with 952 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:42 - Oct 11 by DJack

Nevermind eh!

Keep baning the rocks together.

Don’t know what that means either.

I’m sure you post anything and everything you come across that you feel may have an anti Trump slant to it, whether you understand it or not seems to be an irrelevance.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:08 - Oct 11 with 947 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:57 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t know what that means either.

I’m sure you post anything and everything you come across that you feel may have an anti Trump slant to it, whether you understand it or not seems to be an irrelevance.

The link above and my question was genuine. On one hand you have the banks saying Biden is the way forward on the other there is a bunch of billionaires...I'm of a cynical mind towards both parties. That said it is obvious to me and the majority of the rational world that Trump only cares for himself/his re-election chances and in no-way is he a leader of a diverse and energetic nation. He is a grifter, Biden doesn't enthuse me either as he is corporate America and that has many faults but he is by far the better choice for America and co-operative nations as a whole.

What does amuse me is your difficulty in countering the printed facts, you claim bias, anti Trump agenda, irelevant articles, me not understanding what I'm linking, me not understanding the "reality" of what the link I'm posting is saying. Ultimately you have few answers for the articles direct quotes and facts so you cast shade upon me and the "bias" of the sites from which the articles come from.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:20 - Oct 11 with 944 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:08 - Oct 11 by DJack

The link above and my question was genuine. On one hand you have the banks saying Biden is the way forward on the other there is a bunch of billionaires...I'm of a cynical mind towards both parties. That said it is obvious to me and the majority of the rational world that Trump only cares for himself/his re-election chances and in no-way is he a leader of a diverse and energetic nation. He is a grifter, Biden doesn't enthuse me either as he is corporate America and that has many faults but he is by far the better choice for America and co-operative nations as a whole.

What does amuse me is your difficulty in countering the printed facts, you claim bias, anti Trump agenda, irelevant articles, me not understanding what I'm linking, me not understanding the "reality" of what the link I'm posting is saying. Ultimately you have few answers for the articles direct quotes and facts so you cast shade upon me and the "bias" of the sites from which the articles come from.

There is no difficulty countering printed facts. I have told you time and time again, let’s have a discussion. In order to have a discussion you have to understand what it is you are bringing up, which you don’t.

If during the discussion, I ask you to back up what you are saying then feel free to add a link, but at the moment your contribution seems to be finding any link you can and expecting others to read it and guess which part you are referring to in order to explain to you why it’s nonsense (and it usually is).

If you are asked to explain what you mean you say “I can’t be bothered”. So I find it amazing you expect to have a discussion without actually having one, it’s bizarre. I tried that with your link regarding Cambridge Analytica (which you didn’t understand either), then once I pointed it out you failed to address it again. That’s not a conversation, that’s free tuition.

I have already addressed the banks issue (none of which say Biden is the way forward btw) - you failed to respond to me twice. That’s the issue in expecting a discussion while refusing to offer one. It’s not realistic.

If you wish to have a discussion then let’s have one. Although you don’t seem capable of that so far, you are up to what now? 35 links? And you haven’t been able to discuss a single one of them. It’s like Groundhog Day.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 6:02]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:57 - Oct 11 with 885 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yet another Trump supporter murdered on camera.
Shooter arrested and charged with 1st degree murder.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:19 - Oct 11 with 860 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:57 - Oct 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Yet another Trump supporter murdered on camera.
Shooter arrested and charged with 1st degree murder.

Don’t mention that mate.

Apparently it makes people uncomfortable. Unless you change the narrative so that the murdered man was at fault... they don’t want to know.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:45 - Oct 11 with 832 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:11 - Oct 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Depends what you are talking about. I get information from loads of different sources but never any from newspapers or television. These days I see the media as a form of entertainment as opposed to serious information sources.

The debates for example I watched them live and comment on them. I don’t need a CNN poll to form my opinion.

When the riots were underway I went directly to the source (BLM) to find out why then did my own research into offical data to form my opinion that it was nonsense. I don’t filter my views through the media and which ever narrative they want to push.

If I do watch something then the chances are I would have formed my independent opinion on it long before watching it meaning I will be able to back up all of my views in great depth without the need to rely on links.

I recommend everyone do that. You told me you were teaching your son how to learn and not what to learn in our last conversation. This is no different. If you don’t think that’s possible without media then where are you telling him to get his information from?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 10:17]

If you're not getting your info from the tv, internent or newspapers, then how did you watch anything live?
I don't pay much attention to polls either really, I often point out how wrong they have been and even when I link to a poll I usually qualify it with "if you trust/believe polls"

I tell my son to be careful where he gets his info from,to be careful what to believe and not accept another psersons opinion as fact until he's checked it out which involves using media of some kind.
You can't get any information without using media of some kind. It's still a fact that won't change, we choose what we want to believe and that's according to our own personal bias that develops and changes through our lives.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024