Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 169286 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 03:36 - Oct 18 with 1190 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:25 - Oct 18 by DJack

Is this like that cut and paste rubbish you pushed the other night which was only on the conservative network and nowhere else...

Dr P selling his butt and "soul" to uber conservatives for who knows what.

It is like it in the sense it shows further evidence of the veracity of the emails yes.

You seem panicked.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 03:38 - Oct 18 with 1187 viewsDr_Parnassus

The markets also panicked as we now reach a 50% swing.

Biden now $1.60 and drifting by the day. The faith is ebbing away with every email exposed.

Funny to watch 😂

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:56 - Oct 18 with 1155 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 03:38 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

The markets also panicked as we now reach a 50% swing.

Biden now $1.60 and drifting by the day. The faith is ebbing away with every email exposed.

Funny to watch 😂

Nobody cares about side issues.

Covid failure alone defines Trump, he is toast.

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:59 - Oct 18 with 1153 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:56 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody cares about side issues.

Covid failure alone defines Trump, he is toast.

The markets state otherwise. Which is driven by people’s confidence.

$1.62 Biden now. The drift is on.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 8:04]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:06 - Oct 18 with 1149 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:59 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

The markets state otherwise. Which is driven by people’s confidence.

$1.62 Biden now. The drift is on.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 8:04]

People dont care.

Thats my point.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:56 - Oct 18 with 1127 viewschad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:22 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Many people, I love that.

Many people think aliens mutilate cows too.

At least an improvement on his implying he speaks for the whole forum / world, in that old time formulaic approach of attempting to give weak personal opinions a touch of verisimilitude.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:10 - Oct 18 with 1121 viewsCatullus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:22 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Many people, I love that.

Many people think aliens mutilate cows too.

Apparently "many people" say womxn or latinx instead of woman or latino, go figure.

Many people love saying "many people blah blah blah" then post something about people who say "many people"

Many people are strange, myself included.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:22 - Oct 18 with 1120 viewschad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:27 - Oct 18 by DJack

Ah yes, you and your opinion... worth no more than any of us. Unfortunately for you, as I have demonstrated, the facts don't support you.

Oops my bad, speaking on behalf of all of us again

I am sure he pointed the same out to those that not only thought their opinion was correct, but fired the most dreadful personal abuse and racist comments based on skin colour, on those who thought the country would be better off out of an organisation pushing for ever more globalisation and global domination, and was arrogant and clueless enough, to state from the top, it wanted to build the world in its own image.

He accused me of repeatedly pushing that I was more intellectual? than him. When I challenged him and told him it was something I did not care about or think important, he failed to provide one iota of evidence. He has indicated in the past that he does not like the way I speak, but that is plain prejudice. If we need to prove our working class credentials I was brought up in one of the roughest inner city areas, on an estate that had a sign saying this estate is for the poor. But I was happy and privileged to live there and do not feel that makes me any better or worse a person than anyone living on this planet.

Perhaps just a touch of insecurity.
Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:36 - Oct 18 with 1107 viewsFieryJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:22 - Oct 18 by chad

Oops my bad, speaking on behalf of all of us again

I am sure he pointed the same out to those that not only thought their opinion was correct, but fired the most dreadful personal abuse and racist comments based on skin colour, on those who thought the country would be better off out of an organisation pushing for ever more globalisation and global domination, and was arrogant and clueless enough, to state from the top, it wanted to build the world in its own image.

He accused me of repeatedly pushing that I was more intellectual? than him. When I challenged him and told him it was something I did not care about or think important, he failed to provide one iota of evidence. He has indicated in the past that he does not like the way I speak, but that is plain prejudice. If we need to prove our working class credentials I was brought up in one of the roughest inner city areas, on an estate that had a sign saying this estate is for the poor. But I was happy and privileged to live there and do not feel that makes me any better or worse a person than anyone living on this planet.

Perhaps just a touch of insecurity.

I find this hard to follow 🤔

Who are you referring to as "he" in your third paragraph?

Are you slating D-Jack or Gradgrind?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:41 - Oct 18 with 1106 viewschad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:20 - Oct 17 by LeonWasGod

At least put this in its context:

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/joe-biden/ - 59% in the 'truth' side (still shockingly low)
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ - only 26% of the articles they've checked have any truth involved. Only 4% unequivocally true.

Trumps' a pathological liar, you only have to listen to him to know that. And the test Trump bragged about passing? It's a test given to those suspected of developing dementia.

This love in for Trump in the UK is just bizarre. He's no friend of ours (he's no friend of anyone's unless he can make some money out of it). I don't understand why we've got this crossover of support for him when we have no say in it all.

For putting something in context, your comments seem a little one sided.

Equally why the crossover of hate. Remember Obama trying to blackmail us and interfere with our voting over Brexit. At least Trump has indicated support for the path we as a country have chosen to take, unlike Biden who seems to be pushing quite the reverse.

Has anyone in this country created a massive barrage type balloon to take the p out of Biden?

As for lies when you have ex barrister and (by his own party’s favoured social classification tool) top elite, Sir Keir, lying straightfaced to a group of young children,concerned about the homeless, that there was none of it under Labour, it just evidences, as said again and again on here, virtually all politicians lie.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:56 - Oct 18 with 1102 viewschad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:36 - Oct 18 by FieryJack

I find this hard to follow 🤔

Who are you referring to as "he" in your third paragraph?

Are you slating D-Jack or Gradgrind?

Yes sorry for creating confusion, entirely my fault as that seemed to be a reply to DJ.

But I was actually continuing a conversation with Dr P that I started in my post immediately before that. Confused even further because there was another post in between

I am hopefully slating no one. I am just pointing out, as I have mentioned to DJ before that he repeatedly purports to speak in behalf of people to try to strengthen his own opinion.

Also that he tries to attack people for not being one of us! Or suggesting they think they are better than others when it is really about opinions / facts not personalities.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:24 - Oct 18 with 1068 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:10 - Oct 18 by Catullus

Apparently "many people" say womxn or latinx instead of woman or latino, go figure.

Many people love saying "many people blah blah blah" then post something about people who say "many people"

Many people are strange, myself included.

I have literally no idea what you are banging on about now Catullus. You have gone from someone who puts forward some decent thought to someone reduced to trying and failing to make trolling barbs at every given opportunity.

What point are you making?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:24 - Oct 18 with 1067 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is important to realise that the person in charge of censoring the Biden report on Facebook is a certain lady named Anna Makanju, born in Russia to a Ukranian mother.
This lady worked for Joe Biden as the senior policy advisor on Ukraine, she listened in on calls and and helped Biden prepare conversations.
She joined the Obama organisation in 2009.

So absolutely no conflicts of interest then.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:24 - Oct 18 with 1067 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:06 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

People dont care.

Thats my point.

$1.65 suggests you are wrong.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:14 - Oct 18 with 1034 viewsKilkennyjack

😂

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:18 - Oct 18 with 1029 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:14 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

😂

Does he though?

I’d love to see how he filed the cash he got from the Burisma corruption.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:27 - Oct 18 with 999 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 03:36 - Oct 18 by Dr_Parnassus

It is like it in the sense it shows further evidence of the veracity of the emails yes.

You seem panicked.

Really?

The smear has, so far, failed to have quite the desired affect. I am expecting some of the "information" to be accurate if not out of date. Also, I await the two further revelations from Giuliani - there may be something there, maybe not.

The pesky facts that you are avoiding are that the laptop was subpoena'd for a federal grand jury last December and to date NOTHING. (even the FBI will find it impossible to then quash - especially as Giuliani has contacts in the FBI)

No forensic data scientist report to verify veracity of the data leak...

Panicked, hell no. Not convinced by the claims, yep.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:33 - Oct 18 with 996 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:56 - Oct 18 by chad

At least an improvement on his implying he speaks for the whole forum / world, in that old time formulaic approach of attempting to give weak personal opinions a touch of verisimilitude.

Here you go again with that rubbish. I don't imply that I speak for the whole forum. I get it, you are a conservative and you gravitate to the boards conservatives and support them where you can but you don't half spout some rubbish.

If you want to jump on threads and put me down to others then crack-on but remember it says more about you than me.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:24 - Oct 18 with 986 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:27 - Oct 18 by DJack

Really?

The smear has, so far, failed to have quite the desired affect. I am expecting some of the "information" to be accurate if not out of date. Also, I await the two further revelations from Giuliani - there may be something there, maybe not.

The pesky facts that you are avoiding are that the laptop was subpoena'd for a federal grand jury last December and to date NOTHING. (even the FBI will find it impossible to then quash - especially as Giuliani has contacts in the FBI)

No forensic data scientist report to verify veracity of the data leak...

Panicked, hell no. Not convinced by the claims, yep.

What you mean like they quashed Clinton's emails, Weiner's lap top data, the DNC computers that were supposedly hacked.
No of course the FBI wouldn't hide any data from the public.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:43 - Oct 18 with 975 viewsshingle

When Trump wins the melt down on here will be hilarious.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:44 - Oct 18 with 975 viewsKerouac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:07 - Oct 18 with 964 viewsKerouac

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:08 - Oct 18 with 963 viewsKerouac

Hunter Biden's lawyer made contact begging for Hunter's hard drive back...

Democrats caught in a web of lies.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:40 - Oct 18 with 950 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bevan Cooney, an old business partner of Hunter Biden has handed over his emails corroborating the data from Hunter's lap top.
This information comes from the Government Accountability Institute President Peter Schweizer.
So it could now be out of the hands of the corrupt FBI, which could prove to be extremely embarassing for them.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:37 - Oct 18 with 932 viewsDr_Parnassus

But but but but... Russia.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024