Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrants 16:59 - Oct 11 with 4152 viewsTreforys_Jack

Its been reported that more migrants successfully crossed the English channel in the first 3 weeks of Sept than the entire previous year. What can be done about this situation?

What do we offer as a nation that the rest of Europe doesn't, that prompts individual to pay huge sums of money and risk their lives.

Edit - don't let this thread become race baiting etc etc. Its a huge problem that needs a solution.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 17:01]
Migrants on 17:28 - Oct 11 with 3166 viewsonehunglow

They are more keen to come rather than most other countries a we will house them,clothe them and feed them,something that i lacking in their own countrie.
Once here they can join the gravy train.

Life in Senegal,Sierra Leone ,Guinea is cheap and life is hard in a way our poverty stricken lambs here wouldnt understand.

I dont blame them at all from getting out of a dangerous cesspit of a country.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Migrants on 17:32 - Oct 11 with 3154 viewsTreforys_Jack

Migrants on 17:28 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

They are more keen to come rather than most other countries a we will house them,clothe them and feed them,something that i lacking in their own countrie.
Once here they can join the gravy train.

Life in Senegal,Sierra Leone ,Guinea is cheap and life is hard in a way our poverty stricken lambs here wouldnt understand.

I dont blame them at all from getting out of a dangerous cesspit of a country.

I understand that, but why not stay in France, Italy, wherever, the climate is certainly better for 1 thing.
Migrants on 17:36 - Oct 11 with 3152 viewsonehunglow

Our climate will also be better than the boiling heat and humidity of the countries Ive listed.

Italians are far less welcoming and in many cases infinately more racist. Rural France isnt exactly cushy for them either. Its why they flock to the big cities.

We are an open house for them. We have politicians that feed off them as well as the appalling legal leeches who grow fat on people's pain.

Migrants on 18:12 - Oct 11 with 3123 viewsswan65split

Reported over 4,000 this year (known)

Canary islands has now become another route they are taking, over 1,000 yesterday ,
Migrants on 18:25 - Oct 11 with 3107 viewscontroversial_jack

Migrants on 17:32 - Oct 11 by Treforys_Jack

I understand that, but why not stay in France, Italy, wherever, the climate is certainly better for 1 thing.

The vast majority do. We are only getting a small amount compared to what other countries have taken in, yet we whinge the most
Migrants on 18:29 - Oct 11 with 3100 viewsBillyChong

The Tories are handing out multi million contracts to party donors with newly created firms who have no experience whatsoever in their field, without any tendering process. The ‘issue’ with migrants is small fry in comparison.
Migrants on 18:33 - Oct 11 with 3093 viewsTreforys_Jack

Migrants on 18:25 - Oct 11 by controversial_jack

The vast majority do. We are only getting a small amount compared to what other countries have taken in, yet we whinge the most

I'm not talking about nimby's, I'm asking why are they willing to risk their lives to get here, and how do we resolve the issue, indeed is there a workable solution?
Migrants on 18:34 - Oct 11 with 3093 viewsCatullus

Migrants on 18:29 - Oct 11 by BillyChong

The Tories are handing out multi million contracts to party donors with newly created firms who have no experience whatsoever in their field, without any tendering process. The ‘issue’ with migrants is small fry in comparison.

Like the ferry company that had no ferries You've got to laugh or you'd cry.

We aren't going to solve the immigration problem by ourselves. There has to be a Europe wide strategy that involves the African countries in the planning too. Maybe a genuine attempt to improve Africa's economy and investment in it rather than the protectionist nonsense that Europeans use to "stay ahead"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Migrants on 18:36 - Oct 11 with 3089 viewsonehunglow

Seem to recall many Labour administrations not averse to donations and perks

Migrants on 18:40 - Oct 11 with 3086 viewscontroversial_jack

Migrants on 18:34 - Oct 11 by Catullus

Like the ferry company that had no ferries You've got to laugh or you'd cry.

We aren't going to solve the immigration problem by ourselves. There has to be a Europe wide strategy that involves the African countries in the planning too. Maybe a genuine attempt to improve Africa's economy and investment in it rather than the protectionist nonsense that Europeans use to "stay ahead"

Improve Africa's economy. A continent of 1.4 billion people?

Africa was ruined when International banks got them by the short and curlies over high interest rate and loan repayments.
Migrants on 18:45 - Oct 11 with 3075 viewsNeath_Jack

Many of them are sold a lie about what it is like over here. Others have families that have been here for decades. Some will come for the crime lifestyle.

Same as most things in life, very rarely can you point to one or two reasons why something is the way it is.

It will never be solved.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Migrants on 18:47 - Oct 11 with 3080 viewsFlashberryjack

Migrants on 18:40 - Oct 11 by controversial_jack

Africa was ruined when International banks got them by the short and curlies over high interest rate and loan repayments.

I thought Syria was in Asia.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Migrants on 19:05 - Oct 11 with 3056 viewsCatullus

Migrants on 18:40 - Oct 11 by controversial_jack

Yes and that's something that can be remedied. It's all coming back to the same thing, Europeans have ruined Africa purely through greed.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Migrants on 19:12 - Oct 11 with 3053 viewsKilkennyjack

1. We should stop bombing these countries so people dont have to run
2. They come cos the English language, not many speak Bulgarian for example
3. We could fund ‘safe’ areas near these zines so they can return when safe to do so
4. Would have been really useful if we could join the EU so we could work together on this issue, oh feck ....
5. Lots more probably arrived by air
6. They will probably help you when you need it in the NHS or care system
7. Not to worry though, lots more older (sicker?) British immigrants leave per year. So we have the room. In 2018, there were approximately 285 thousand British citizens living in Spain, with a further 145 thousand in France and almost 93 thousand in Germany.

Refugees are welcome here.

Beware of the Risen People

Migrants on 19:13 - Oct 11 with 3050 viewsAndy1300

Migrants on 19:12 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

3. We could fund ‘safe’ areas near these zines so they can return when safe to do so
4. Would have been really useful if we could join the EU so we could work together on this issue, oh feck ....
7. Not to worry though, lots more older (sicker?) British immigrants leave per year. So we have the room. In 2018, there were approximately 285 thousand British citizens living in Spain, with a further 145 thousand in France and almost 93 thousand in Germany.

They are if they are genuine refugees.

They are also welcome if they come here via a legal route

Number 1 team in Wales

Migrants on 19:46 - Oct 11 with 3039 viewsCatullus

Where in Africa are we bombing, or have bombed?

If most of them do not come here, what has English to do with it, many Africans speak French, Belgian, Dutch and Spanish...you know, the colonial languages.

We dn't have to be in the EU to work with them on this, there are plenty of non EU members who we'd need on board too but bear in mind it's EU protectionism that's causing many problems in Africa.

Uk emigration is purely a misdirect, your numbers add up to 533,000 LEGAL immigrants whereas we may have over 1 MILLION illegal immigrants in the UK,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53075318

Net legal migration into the UK is 270,000. Since 1994 more people have come here than have been leaving,

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn06077/

We should always help genuine refugees.

Migrants on 19:59 - Oct 11 with 3022 viewsBillyChong

That does not look like your typical British cash point nor doorways etc. Does that bin even half English words on it? You are being mugged off falling for that nonsense.
Migrants on 20:20 - Oct 11 with 3001 viewstrampie

Migrants on 19:46 - Oct 11 by Catullus

Where in Africa are we bombing, or have bombed?

If most of them do not come here, what has English to do with it, many Africans speak French, Belgian, Dutch and Spanish...you know, the colonial languages.

We dn't have to be in the EU to work with them on this, there are plenty of non EU members who we'd need on board too but bear in mind it's EU protectionism that's causing many problems in Africa.

Uk emigration is purely a misdirect, your numbers add up to 533,000 LEGAL immigrants whereas we may have over 1 MILLION illegal immigrants in the UK,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53075318

Net legal migration into the UK is 270,000. Since 1994 more people have come here than have been leaving,

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn06077/

We should always help genuine refugees.

Kenya perhaps, I know we had camps everywhere and imprisoned them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Migrants on 20:20 - Oct 11 with 3002 viewsTreforys_Jack

Safe areas is an interesting concept. How would we ensure safety though? UN , military ? I'd imagine the safe areas themselves by their very nature would be high priority targets for extremists.
Migrants on 23:51 - Oct 11 with 2922 viewsonehunglow

Well Hungary aint too keen on them,which is ironic for a country that saw a mass exodus after the Russians sent the tanks in.
There again,they know exactly what being a refugee is all about.

This country accepted many and they were grateful and didnt complain over what benefits ,food and hotel they got;they just got their heads down and worked.

Migrants on 07:56 - Oct 12 with 2855 viewsAndy1300

Migrants on 19:59 - Oct 11 by BillyChong

That does not look like your typical British cash point nor doorways etc. Does that bin even half English words on it? You are being mugged off falling for that nonsense.

The point was about the free money, but you knew that. Didn’t you?

Number 1 team in Wales

Migrants on 18:40 - Oct 12 with 2777 viewshowenjack

Migrants on 19:13 - Oct 11 by Andy1300

They are if they are genuine refugees.

They are also welcome if they come here via a legal route

Not very welcome in Sweden at the moment..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8818631/Swedish-police-chiefs-plead-res
Migrants on 19:01 - Oct 12 with 2770 viewsCatullus

Migrants on 20:20 - Oct 11 by trampie

Yes there was Kenya but that was all over in 1960. Surely Kilk isn't using a 60 year old war as a reason for many young men (usually under30) leaving Africa now?

The last time strategic bombing happened in Africa by Britih aircraft was WW2 and there was a pretty good reason for that!

Migrants on 19:14 - Oct 12 with 2768 viewsonehunglow

Killy has a propensity to be absorbed rather too often in the past.

60/100/200/500 yrs -makes no odds if it fits his narrative,which is fair enough.

Ive long said our history is awful but we really do have to move on instead of beating ourselves up. We did give the blighters British passports too,even the Irish.

Migrants on 19:56 - Oct 12 with 2744 viewsBoundy

Migrants on 20:20 - Oct 11 by trampie

Yes but the country forms part of the Commonwealth so they've moved on ,perhaps others should

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024