Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? 18:13 - Nov 12 with 15220 viewsLohengrin

Let me take you back to last April and in the wake of half a dozen accusations from Democrat party workers of “sexually inappropriate behaviour” and one of rape levelled at Joe Biden Kamala Harris mounts a platform to declare to the assembled press "I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it."

Let’s not discount a politician’s ability to stand there and lie with a completely straight face if there’s an advantage for them in it, give her the benefit of the doubt for now, accept that is her genuine, considered conclusion. If she really does believe Biden to be a deviant then why on Earth is she happy for him to rake a claw over her young daughter?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:00 - Nov 17 with 855 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 19:55 - Nov 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Why do you think that I was trying to do anything with racism, I was merely pointing out that the Proud Boys cannot be a white supremecist group as they are not all white.
Or do you believe blacks and latinos are white supremist and racist?

Well as it is the same University professor who happens to state they are not white supremicists and not racist I don't really see your point.

https://michaelsavage.com/black-professor-insists-proud-boys-arent-white-suprema

But hey, you can believe whatever you like.

Let me clear up a few things.

I don't think you were making any point about racism. I was making a bizarre statement in parallel to yours.

I said Reilly was not without controversy, or why I was skeptical on his generous estimations--do you get it? I absolutely would have used a neutral source if there had been one. Do you know who Michael Savage is, or why using him as a back-up source is ridiculous?
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:01 - Nov 17 with 855 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 19:57 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Go on...

I think I was clear in my post and think it’s a consistent representation of my views.

What part are you referring to?

I'm referring to all of it. I was chatting with A Fans Dad. I have no real idea who you are or what your views are. And I suspect I care about yours as much as you do about mine.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:02]
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 838 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:00 - Nov 17 by Thursday

Let me clear up a few things.

I don't think you were making any point about racism. I was making a bizarre statement in parallel to yours.

I said Reilly was not without controversy, or why I was skeptical on his generous estimations--do you get it? I absolutely would have used a neutral source if there had been one. Do you know who Michael Savage is, or why using him as a back-up source is ridiculous?

OK, got you now, just here to stir the sh!t.
I use any source that quotes the person involved.
So don't bother responding unless you actually have something useful to contribute, because I won't.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 828 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:05 - Nov 17 by A_Fans_Dad

OK, got you now, just here to stir the sh!t.
I use any source that quotes the person involved.
So don't bother responding unless you actually have something useful to contribute, because I won't.

Isn't 'sh!t' banned? But, no, you clearly didn't get it.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 826 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:01 - Nov 17 by Thursday

I'm referring to all of it. I was chatting with A Fans Dad. I have no real idea who you are or what your views are. And I suspect I care about yours as much as you do about mine.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:02]

You don’t need to know me or care about my opinion, do you? It’s a forum. If you didn’t want anyone to join in then the PM function was probably more appropriate. You have made some public points and I am responding to them.

What I said was clear, and my point, was clear.

You don’t judge if a group has racist intentions by how many white people are in it. Otherwise I would think ANTIFA would be the most racist group on the planet, don’t think I’ve ever seen a black ANTIFA member.

My point was also that there is such an insatiable need to try and find racism in every scenario that logic is being ditched for simple head counts, devoid of any critical thought as to why the count may be the way it is.

People no longer judge character by actions but by colour of skin (as you did with this group of people) - the direct opposite of what Martin Luther King stated.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:10]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:13 - Nov 17 with 810 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:08 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

You don’t need to know me or care about my opinion, do you? It’s a forum. If you didn’t want anyone to join in then the PM function was probably more appropriate. You have made some public points and I am responding to them.

You don’t judge if a group has racist intentions by how many white people are in it. Otherwise I would think ANTIFA would be the most racist group on the planet, don’t think I’ve ever seen a black ANTIFA member.

My point was also that there is such an insatiable need to try and find racism in every scenario that logic is being ditched for simple head counts, devoid of any critical thought as to why the count may be the way it is.

People no longer judge character by actions but by colour of skin (as you did with this group of people) - the direct opposite of what Martin Luther King stated.

Well, that's why it wasn't clear. Your point argues against both what I was saying and also A Fans Dad. And let me be clear. My thoughts on Proud Boys is absolutely fueled by actions not skin. I was drawing attention to the ridiculousness of A Fans Dad statement, as I explained in a previous post to him.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:15]
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:13 - Nov 17 with 806 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:08 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Don't bother he is trolling.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:16 - Nov 17 with 798 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:13 - Nov 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Don't bother he is trolling.

I'm not trolling; you're just not getting it. There's a difference.
Login to get fewer ads

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:19 - Nov 17 with 793 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:13 - Nov 17 by Thursday

Well, that's why it wasn't clear. Your point argues against both what I was saying and also A Fans Dad. And let me be clear. My thoughts on Proud Boys is absolutely fueled by actions not skin. I was drawing attention to the ridiculousness of A Fans Dad statement, as I explained in a previous post to him.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:15]

Why do I have to be on a certain side?

This is my point, nobody else's.

If your thoughts on the Proud Boys were based on actions then racism really would not be anywhere near your lips. Misogynist? Possibly. Violent? Yes. Racist? Nope. White Supremacist? Clearly not.

Not some people I would like to invite round for tea, but to pretend they are something they are not to further a point is not something anyone should be doing.

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:20 - Nov 17 with 789 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:19 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Why do I have to be on a certain side?

This is my point, nobody else's.

If your thoughts on the Proud Boys were based on actions then racism really would not be anywhere near your lips. Misogynist? Possibly. Violent? Yes. Racist? Nope. White Supremacist? Clearly not.

Not some people I would like to invite round for tea, but to pretend they are something they are not to further a point is not something anyone should be doing.

"This is my point, nobody else's."

And then you go on to say why my experience negates my point and I need to default to yours.

Edit: And, despite that, I find the arguments against Proud Boys more compelling than your posts on this board.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:22]
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:22 - Nov 17 with 783 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:20 - Nov 17 by Thursday

"This is my point, nobody else's."

And then you go on to say why my experience negates my point and I need to default to yours.

Edit: And, despite that, I find the arguments against Proud Boys more compelling than your posts on this board.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:22]

Yes and that was my point and nobody else's.

Edit to reply to your edit - which arguments against the Proud Boys? In what way are they compelling?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:23]

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:23 - Nov 17 with 776 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:22 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes and that was my point and nobody else's.

Edit to reply to your edit - which arguments against the Proud Boys? In what way are they compelling?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:23]

Yes, and that was my point and nobody else's. (And before A Fans Dad complains, that wasn't a statement intended to be childish; it was intended to show how narcissistic it is.)

Edit: blueleaks for one. more compelling than our conversation as they are multi source and not armchaired.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:34]
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:31 - Nov 17 with 759 viewsThursday

Apologies to all. I've recently come back from a posting hiatus. I hadn't realized that the fansnetwork site had become a defacto alt-right board. I thought it was the usual mix. Excuse me while I goose step outta here.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:33 - Nov 17 with 748 viewsNotLoyal

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:31 - Nov 17 by Thursday

Apologies to all. I've recently come back from a posting hiatus. I hadn't realized that the fansnetwork site had become a defacto alt-right board. I thought it was the usual mix. Excuse me while I goose step outta here.

Maybe you should change your name to Friday and give an example?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:35 - Nov 17 with 741 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:33 - Nov 17 by NotLoyal

Maybe you should change your name to Friday and give an example?

Sure.
How do I change my name?
This thread.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:47 - Nov 17 with 710 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:35 - Nov 17 by Thursday

Sure.
How do I change my name?
This thread.

I only have one thing to say to you.
Although I do not want to drive away traffic from this site I think you would be much happier on this site where you will find many of the like minded posters that used to be on here.
https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=fdc7e72ac212297878
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:47 - Nov 17 with 709 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:23 - Nov 17 by Thursday

Yes, and that was my point and nobody else's. (And before A Fans Dad complains, that wasn't a statement intended to be childish; it was intended to show how narcissistic it is.)

Edit: blueleaks for one. more compelling than our conversation as they are multi source and not armchaired.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:34]

So it isn't your experience you are going by? But other people's?

That's an ever growing issue with the left, they cherry pick other people's views and shoehorn them to suit their own narrative.

You do know that having a discussion based on logic and fact and not jumping to the fashionable and emotional doesn't mean we are alt-right?

I have denounced the Proud Boys many times, but for real reasons, not fantasy ones that fit a narrative. Unfortunately they are a necessity at events such as those seen in the last few days as ANTIFA (who oddly not many seem to denounce for any sort of reason) are so violent and intent on causing fear among the public.

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:50 - Nov 17 with 705 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:31 - Nov 17 by Thursday

You can predict the exact moment these people get out of dodge. Always the same point in the conversation.

Once the bluster and cloaks have been removed from certain points exposing them for what they are, they no longer have that protective covering. Its like a magician trying to make something disappear after you take their cloth covering away from them - they exit stage left quick sharp.

See it time and time and time again.

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:50 - Nov 17 with 701 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:47 - Nov 17 by A_Fans_Dad

I only have one thing to say to you.
Although I do not want to drive away traffic from this site I think you would be much happier on this site where you will find many of the like minded posters that used to be on here.
https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=fdc7e72ac212297878

All frivolity aside now, and being straight up with you: it's disappointing that the boards parted that way. I don't know the reason behind it, that's not relevant. But isn't it a bit boring when you just surround yourself with 'like minded posters'? Makes sense in day-to-day life, but I wouldn't find much joy in a virtual echo chamber.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:52 - Nov 17 with 695 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:50 - Nov 17 by Thursday

All frivolity aside now, and being straight up with you: it's disappointing that the boards parted that way. I don't know the reason behind it, that's not relevant. But isn't it a bit boring when you just surround yourself with 'like minded posters'? Makes sense in day-to-day life, but I wouldn't find much joy in a virtual echo chamber.

Lots of people disagree on here. Hence why we have an 80 page thread and this is a 5 page thread.

You did make a race based comment and said you were leaving as soon as you got some resistance to your point so its odd you hold the view of valuing the other opinion, just an observation.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:55]

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:54 - Nov 17 with 691 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:47 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

So it isn't your experience you are going by? But other people's?

That's an ever growing issue with the left, they cherry pick other people's views and shoehorn them to suit their own narrative.

You do know that having a discussion based on logic and fact and not jumping to the fashionable and emotional doesn't mean we are alt-right?

I have denounced the Proud Boys many times, but for real reasons, not fantasy ones that fit a narrative. Unfortunately they are a necessity at events such as those seen in the last few days as ANTIFA (who oddly not many seem to denounce for any sort of reason) are so violent and intent on causing fear among the public.

"So it isn't your experience you are going by? But other people's?"

No, a combination. I had misread your earlier post. I thought you were asking for source/s that weren't personal.

"You do know that having a discussion based on logic and fact and not jumping to the fashionable and emotional doesn't mean we are alt-right?"

I would but that's begging the question about the discussion board. I would, though, agree, that you could look at the content of posts and form opinions.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:55 - Nov 17 with 689 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:50 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

You can predict the exact moment these people get out of dodge. Always the same point in the conversation.

Once the bluster and cloaks have been removed from certain points exposing them for what they are, they no longer have that protective covering. Its like a magician trying to make something disappear after you take their cloth covering away from them - they exit stage left quick sharp.

See it time and time and time again.

For one who engages in it, you don't seem to understand hyberbole.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:58 - Nov 17 with 684 viewsThursday

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:52 - Nov 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Lots of people disagree on here. Hence why we have an 80 page thread and this is a 5 page thread.

You did make a race based comment and said you were leaving as soon as you got some resistance to your point so its odd you hold the view of valuing the other opinion, just an observation.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 20:55]

I haven't read it, but I'd be willing to wager that too much of the thread is just you arguing how you're right.

See my comment on hyperbole.
What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:58 - Nov 17 with 682 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:54 - Nov 17 by Thursday

"So it isn't your experience you are going by? But other people's?"

No, a combination. I had misread your earlier post. I thought you were asking for source/s that weren't personal.

"You do know that having a discussion based on logic and fact and not jumping to the fashionable and emotional doesn't mean we are alt-right?"

I would but that's begging the question about the discussion board. I would, though, agree, that you could look at the content of posts and form opinions.

Who are you describing as alt-right firstly?

And secondly, do you have any examples of that content that has made you form those opinions?

Context is probably important here otherwise people can accuse people of all sorts of things and say ''your content suggests that is the case'' without showing any evidence of that.

Similar to how the media works in 2020.

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 21:00 - Nov 17 with 678 viewsDr_Parnassus

What’s the story with Kamala Harris? on 20:58 - Nov 17 by Thursday

I haven't read it, but I'd be willing to wager that too much of the thread is just you arguing how you're right.

See my comment on hyperbole.

As opposed to arguing how I am wrong? I am yet to hear a debate that works like that.

If you do think I am wrong though it would be fascinating to see you describe exactly how. May be more productive than making baseless quips. Again just a suggestion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024