Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The absolute state of 2020... 11:15 - Nov 20 with 8999 viewsLohengrin

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:22 - Nov 20 with 2756 viewsCatullus

Well if Covid is racist then so is Cystic Fibrosis....

Otherwise, yes, the world is in a right state. We're on the road.....

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:24 - Nov 20 with 2752 viewsonehunglow

The poor /deprived are indeed the most vulnerable -from being used by politicians.

Meanwhile,no mention of certain communities simply not adhering to rules that are there to help.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The absolute state of 2020... on 12:06 - Nov 20 with 2742 viewsHighjack

I’m surprised he can keep a straight face whilst presenting that show.

And I haven’t watched it yet but I will bet the answer is a resounding yes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The absolute state of 2020... on 12:33 - Nov 20 with 2719 viewsCountyJim

Of course it's racist it's taking more ethnic people per what ever figure they use

It's also sexist it's taking more men
The absolute state of 2020... on 12:43 - Nov 20 with 2696 viewsHighjack

The absolute state of 2020... on 12:33 - Nov 20 by CountyJim

Of course it's racist it's taking more ethnic people per what ever figure they use

It's also sexist it's taking more men

Are there any statues to covid we can chuck in the harbour because I am outraged?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The absolute state of 2020... on 12:46 - Nov 20 with 2693 viewsLohengrin

The absolute state of 2020... on 12:43 - Nov 20 by Highjack

Are there any statues to covid we can chuck in the harbour because I am outraged?

I’ve found one of Mao’s head. Garb a couple of poles and perhaps we can roll it?

The absolute state of 2020... on 12:57 - Nov 20 with 2676 viewsHighjack

Talking about brass eye, one of my favourite skits was that totally incompetent journalist they’d cut to who was quite obviously out of his depth, unprepared and completely winging it. That’s pretty much every journalist now.

Edit: it was the day today, not brass eye.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 13:02]

The absolute state of 2020... on 13:07 - Nov 20 with 2661 viewsDr_Parnassus

The insatiable need to find racism and create racial divides in absolutely everything is so tiresome.

On that note I watched this earlier, very good piece by Knowles.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

The absolute state of 2020... on 14:38 - Nov 20 with 2626 viewsCatullus

The absolute state of 2020... on 12:46 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

I’ve found one of Mao’s head. Garb a couple of poles and perhaps we can roll it?

I can't find any Poles, will Albanians do?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The absolute state of 2020... on 14:39 - Nov 20 with 2626 viewsLohengrin

The absolute state of 2020... on 13:07 - Nov 20 by Dr_Parnassus

The insatiable need to find racism and create racial divides in absolutely everything is so tiresome.

“Having fun is a function of white supremacy.”

Ah! give me strength...

The absolute state of 2020... on 15:04 - Nov 20 with 2613 viewsCatullus

The absolute state of 2020... on 13:07 - Nov 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Is this really about race and what Black people think or just another attack on the left wingers and sticking up for Trump?

Nobody could take that video seriously, come on, white people superior at having fun?

The absolute state of 2020... on 20:37 - Nov 20 with 2567 viewsDr_Parnassus

The absolute state of 2020... on 15:04 - Nov 20 by Catullus

Is this really about race and what Black people think or just another attack on the left wingers and sticking up for Trump?

Nobody could take that video seriously, come on, white people superior at having fun?

It has nothing to do with Trump, or what black people think. These aren’t your average black people, they are radical leftists being portrayed as your average black person on the street.

This is the rhetoric being pumped out by the left. TV is full of this stuff.... as is universities and many work places.

I suppose without Trump in power a lot of this stuff will get worse, but that’s like many things as most will have to find out the hard way. But this isn’t about Trump.

This is about the left constantly trying to race bait and being extremely and brazenly bigoted in the process because they know the social system that they created, allows them to do it without consequence.

It is the social construct that existed in the 20,s and 30’s which allowed Jewish people to be spoken about in a dehumanising way until it became socially acceptable to treat them with contempt. People aren’t learning the mistakes of the past.

Extremely, extremely dangerous.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 21:01]

The absolute state of 2020... on 07:57 - Nov 23 with 2448 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another day, another group of fascists (note correct use of the term) attacking citizens for showing support for the police service.

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:17 - Nov 23 with 2398 viewsFieryJack

The absolute state of 2020... on 07:57 - Nov 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Another day, another group of fascists (note correct use of the term) attacking citizens for showing support for the police service.

Another day, another Andy Ngo twitter link.

Same old.

Yes, those pesky, teenage Anifa idiots are obnoxious, I agree. Honestly, I do.

Looks like you check Andy's twitter feed everyday?

He's not exactly what you'd call a balanced journalist, though, is he?

I've seen him variously described as a right wing troll, provocateur and sensationalist, accused of posting selectively-edited and inflammatory videos to confirm the bigotry of his target audience - which would be you, I guess.

More seriously, he's been accused of doxxing (not a word I like). Surely that's something that you should be condemning?

You append his twitter tripe to your posts as if they are facts to support your opinion.

But they have the opposite effect on me.

They may confirm your bias, but they certainly don't persuade me.

After all, if I put up links on here to twitter videos from a noted Leftie commentator which contained a narrative I sympathised with, you'd not be fooled by that would you?

They just make me sigh and roll my eyes.

You'd be better off dumping Ngo's contributions. They don't strengthen your arguments, they weaken them.
The absolute state of 2020... on 10:28 - Nov 23 with 2389 viewsDr_Parnassus

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:17 - Nov 23 by FieryJack

Same old.

I've seen him variously described as a right wing troll, provocateur and sensationalist, accused of posting selectively-edited and inflammatory videos to confirm the bigotry of his target audience - which would be you, I guess.

More seriously, he's been accused of doxxing (not a word I like). Surely that's something that you should be condemning?

You append his twitter tripe to your posts as if they are facts to support your opinion.

After all, if I put up links on here to twitter videos from a noted Leftie commentator which contained a narrative I sympathised with, you'd not be fooled by that would you?

You'd be better off dumping Ngo's contributions. They don't strengthen your arguments, they weaken them.

He’s a journalist based in Portland. What do you want him to report on exactly? The daily milk delivery?

Why does it matter what he has been described as? I was called a racist and a piece of dirt in the last few weeks for simply stating uncomfortable facts. Much like Andy’s detractors, the left can’t back any of these things up. They are simply personal attacks designed to discredit out of intellectual fear.

He has not been accused of doxxing. If he has then it’s wildly inaccurate. He’s a reporter and reports on the arrests made by Portland police by linking to public arrest records in order for the public to avoid such characters. That isn’t doxxing.

You are calling his Twitter reports as “tripe”... is that your leftist bias making you jump to conclusions? Your impressionable nature? Or do you actually have some reasoning behind your vacuous attack on him? I would be interested to see some specific examples.

I am not linking to opinion pieces, I’m linking to primary sources of the events themselves. If you can’t tell the difference between that and a leftist opinion piece then you really are far more steps behind than you usually are.

Now if you can show me any videos you believe have been doctored, or don’t portray the situation it appears to then I will happily take a look. However I think we both know they don’t exist and you most certainly have no idea if the fearful leftist attacks on him are true or not - you are just assuming they are to confirm your biases and fit your narrative.

I am happy to leave the videos speak for themselves regarding the leftist fascist movement sweeping the States. Feel free to show us how it isn’t...
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 10:31]

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:34 - Nov 23 with 2380 viewsDr_Parnassus

Odd how normalised this is, isn’t it?

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:36 - Nov 23 with 2379 viewsCatullus

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:17 - Nov 23 by FieryJack

Same old.

That is something I've tried (and failed) to say a few times. I have said before that DrP is biased and he assures me it isn't bias, it's his common sense point of view based on evidence.

He also assures me he isn't right wing yet he constantly attacks the left and sticks up for Trump. It's a puzzle to me. I openly say I'm slightly left of centre but with some opinions that would be right wing and I tend to be critical of all politicians. The only one I remember being nice about recently is Rosena Allin-Khan.

Maybe I'm just confused eh? It could be my age, the fibrofog or just a lackof anility to understand.

2020 is a really confusing year, Covid causing chaos, fascists calling anyone who disagrees with them fascists, the loser claiming he's won but getting dashed at every turn, getting called racist for saying all racism is wrong......be glad to see the back of it.

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:42 - Nov 23 with 2375 viewsDr_Parnassus

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:36 - Nov 23 by Catullus

That is something I've tried (and failed) to say a few times. I have said before that DrP is biased and he assures me it isn't bias, it's his common sense point of view based on evidence.

He also assures me he isn't right wing yet he constantly attacks the left and sticks up for Trump. It's a puzzle to me. I openly say I'm slightly left of centre but with some opinions that would be right wing and I tend to be critical of all politicians. The only one I remember being nice about recently is Rosena Allin-Khan.

Maybe I'm just confused eh? It could be my age, the fibrofog or just a lackof anility to understand.

2020 is a really confusing year, Covid causing chaos, fascists calling anyone who disagrees with them fascists, the loser claiming he's won but getting dashed at every turn, getting called racist for saying all racism is wrong......be glad to see the back of it.

You have failed because you are wrong. I have explained many times in detail as to why. I shall again.

1) How can I be biased over people being attacked for their political beliefs daily? I condemn all violence, that goes for left and right. But the violence we are seeing daily is from the left, that’s not bias - that’s just fact and having a normal reaction to such incidents. It’s called being a decent human being.

2) Sticking up for Trump doesn’t make you right wing. It means you are probably taking the common sense approach against such nonsense media reporting that he personally killed 250,000 people or that he walked down a ramp oddly. How does that make me right wing?

I am able to seperate the hyperbole and look at something critically. Something that is a rarity these days as people jump on the partisan emotion bandwagon. Every single opinion I can demonstrate and explain in depth exactly why I hold those views - bias isn’t one of them. I don’t belong to any party so the accusation makes no sense at all.

We had a discussion regarding my views the other day, I challenged you to state my right wing views yet the only right leaning opinion your could name of mine was that I favour capitalism (along with the vast majority of the world) based on the common sense fact that communism has failed everywhere. Literally everywhere.

These shouldn’t continue to confuse you, they are crystal clear.

If you wish to tell me why condemning a wave of left wing fascism is bad or if you wish to show me my right wing opinions then feel free. I know you like to pretend the violence is both ways but as I have shown you before; that is a futile narrative, one that just does not stack up. America has been under attack for the best part of 8 months now. Countless injured, many killed, billions in damage - which side do you think has been doing that. Be honest..

I’d be interested to read.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 10:49]

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:03 - Nov 23 with 2351 viewsCatullus

The absolute state of 2020... on 10:28 - Nov 23 by Dr_Parnassus

He’s a journalist based in Portland. What do you want him to report on exactly? The daily milk delivery?

Why does it matter what he has been described as? I was called a racist and a piece of dirt in the last few weeks for simply stating uncomfortable facts. Much like Andy’s detractors, the left can’t back any of these things up. They are simply personal attacks designed to discredit out of intellectual fear.

He has not been accused of doxxing. If he has then it’s wildly inaccurate. He’s a reporter and reports on the arrests made by Portland police by linking to public arrest records in order for the public to avoid such characters. That isn’t doxxing.

You are calling his Twitter reports as “tripe”... is that your leftist bias making you jump to conclusions? Your impressionable nature? Or do you actually have some reasoning behind your vacuous attack on him? I would be interested to see some specific examples.

I am not linking to opinion pieces, I’m linking to primary sources of the events themselves. If you can’t tell the difference between that and a leftist opinion piece then you really are far more steps behind than you usually are.

Now if you can show me any videos you believe have been doctored, or don’t portray the situation it appears to then I will happily take a look. However I think we both know they don’t exist and you most certainly have no idea if the fearful leftist attacks on him are true or not - you are just assuming they are to confirm your biases and fit your narrative.

I am happy to leave the videos speak for themselves regarding the leftist fascist movement sweeping the States. Feel free to show us how it isn’t...
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 10:31]

Hmmm,

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/andy-ngo-doxing-minor/

One search and I found several links to Ngo being accused of doxing. Of course because you agree with Ngo you say these claims are wildly innaccurate.

Ngo is described as a right wing journalist who operates a right wing wing website, you seem to place great faith in him. Tell me again you are not right wing?

PS, I read a piece where he is described as "A self proclaimed journalist and socila media star" so what actual media has he worked for besides his own website?
Well he was on a University newspaper but was sacked for violating journalistic ethics. Then there's this,

https://peoplepill.com/people/andy-ngo/

So your favoured source is biased, is accused of being a right wing provocateur and islamophobic. Then there's

"Ngo has labelled several journalists, including Shane Burley and Alexander Reid Ross, as "antifa ideologues". According to Vox's Zack Beauchamp, Ngo has doxed at least one political activist by publishing her full name. He has also been accused of using selectively edited videos to paint antifa activists as violent, and to underplay the violence of the far-right."

So another accusation of doxing. But of course you believe him, you back him so none of that can be right. And you claim not to be biased, to be using your own common sense and your not right wing.

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:12 - Nov 23 with 2344 viewsHighjack

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:03 - Nov 23 by Catullus

Hmmm,

One search and I found several links to Ngo being accused of doxing. Of course because you agree with Ngo you say these claims are wildly innaccurate.

Ngo is described as a right wing journalist who operates a right wing wing website, you seem to place great faith in him. Tell me again you are not right wing?

PS, I read a piece where he is described as "A self proclaimed journalist and socila media star" so what actual media has he worked for besides his own website?
Well he was on a University newspaper but was sacked for violating journalistic ethics. Then there's this,

So your favoured source is biased, is accused of being a right wing provocateur and islamophobic. Then there's

"Ngo has labelled several journalists, including Shane Burley and Alexander Reid Ross, as "antifa ideologues". According to Vox's Zack Beauchamp, Ngo has doxed at least one political activist by publishing her full name. He has also been accused of using selectively edited videos to paint antifa activists as violent, and to underplay the violence of the far-right."

So another accusation of doxing. But of course you believe him, you back him so none of that can be right. And you claim not to be biased, to be using your own common sense and your not right wing.

Sacked for violating journalistic ethics? Apart from being surprised they have any ethics I have to ask what on earth did he do? Did he tell the truth about something? It must have been serious.

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:13 - Nov 23 with 2344 viewsDr_Parnassus

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:03 - Nov 23 by Catullus

Hmmm,

I don’t understand what point you are making? Did you not read what I typed?

Again, he is a journalist. He reports on ANTIFA arrests in Portland by posting publicly available information on the arrests in order to warn the public. ANTIFA hate it and accuse him of doxing them, which the left wing media echo.

He does this daily. Here is his latest one:-

There is nothing to “believe”. He posts videos of actual events on his Twitter feed, he doesn’t give opinion pieces.

Ngo is a journalist that is reporting on the left wing fascism sweeping America. Are you suggesting that because I am appalled by it and actively denounce it then it makes me right wing? I don’t understand your logic.

What views do myself and Andy Ngo have that make us right wing? It sounds like you are doing an awful lot of 2+2= 945 here. Give me some right wing political views we hold. Not liking this left wing fascism is not a right wing trait, it’s a humanistic trait.

Your whole post seems to be made up of other people’s opinions you just Googled. Why are you giving those opinions any credence when you know nothing about him, have absolutely no evidence of doxing (actual doxing not public information) or that these videos aren’t accurate.

Are you suggesting these people being beaten up are actors? I know it’s uncomfortable to admit the left are acting this way in large numbers, but what you are saying really isn’t stacking up.

Put it this way. If myself and Highjack for example called you a racist bigot that hates everyone and everything that doesn’t fit with your very narrow view of the world..... does that mean we must be right? Or would you want us to prove that accusation?

If you would hold us to that standard then it’s only fair to hold you to that same standard. Show me what Andy Ngo is reporting regarding ANTIFA is false.

Over to you.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 11:27]

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:16 - Nov 23 with 2337 viewsHighjack

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:13 - Nov 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t understand what point you are making? Did you not read what I typed?

Again, he is a journalist. He reports on ANTIFA arrests in Portland by posting publicly available information on the arrests in order to warn the public. ANTIFA hate it and accuse him of doxing them, which the left wing media echo.

He does this daily. Here is his latest one:-

There is nothing to “believe”. He posts videos of actual events on his Twitter feed, he doesn’t give opinion pieces.

Ngo is a journalist that is reporting on the left wing fascism sweeping America. Are you suggesting that because I am appalled by it and actively denounce it then it makes me right wing? I don’t understand your logic.

What views do myself and Andy Ngo have that make us right wing? It sounds like you are doing an awful lot of 2+2= 945 here. Give me some right wing political views we hold. Not liking this left wing fascism is not a right wing trait, it’s a humanistic trait.

Your whole post seems to be made up of other people’s opinions you just Googled. Why are you giving those opinions any credence when you know nothing about him, have absolutely no evidence of doxing (actual doxing not public information) or that these videos aren’t accurate.

Are you suggesting these people being beaten up are actors? I know it’s uncomfortable to admit the left are acting this way in large numbers, but what you are saying really isn’t stacking up.

Put it this way. If myself and Highjack for example called you a racist bigot that hates everyone and everything that doesn’t fit with your very narrow view of the world..... does that mean we must be right? Or would you want us to prove that accusation?

If you would hold us to that standard then it’s only fair to hold you to that same standard. Show me what Andy Ngo is reporting regarding ANTIFA is false.

Over to you.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 11:27]

They look like four upstanding pillars of the community.

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 2329 viewsDr_Parnassus

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:12 - Nov 23 by Highjack

Sacked for violating journalistic ethics? Apart from being surprised they have any ethics I have to ask what on earth did he do? Did he tell the truth about something? It must have been serious.

Good guess.

He even posted the video to prove it.

Leftists will be leftists.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/2017/05/free-speech-islam

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:23 - Nov 23 with 2324 viewsDr_Parnassus

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:16 - Nov 23 by Highjack

They look like four upstanding pillars of the community.

Tip of the iceberg mate.

Some of the most deranged people in society are on the streets of Portland currently terrorising people for not conforming to their madness.

If it wasn’t for the likes of Ngo who actually suffer for their journalism (broken eye socket after ANTIFA attacked him) and regular death threats - people would no doubt still think these were “peaceful protests”.

The absolute state of 2020... on 11:30 - Nov 23 with 2316 viewsCatullus

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-

Not actors no, but he is accused of editing what he films, y'know, for effect, followed by his take on the story,

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/08/andy-ngo-right-wing-antifa-protest-portland-b

https://www.vice.com/en/article/d3apyv/super-awkward-for-right-wing-blogger-andy

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andy-ngo-who-became-a-right-wing-star-leaves-quill

But no, he's not a right wing muckraker and rabblerouser is he.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024