Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd AFTERMATH 00:19 - Jan 21 with 9681 viewsNotLoyal

Its FA Cup day on Saturday, where the winners win a cup, not on Saturday but in the future, the final played at Wembley, a stadium near Tottenham.

Saturday 23rd January 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick off 3pm

LIVE on BBC Wales and BT Sport Extra
Wireless : Radio 5 LIVE, Talk Sport and LIVE on BBC Radio Wales / Cymru

Match Officials
Kevin Friend - Referee
Jonathan Hunt and Simon Beck - Lino's
with Robert Madley the fourth official.

Leicester City supporter Brendan's Friend. Removed from refereeing Leicester City after his private visits to watch them play LIVE

More interesting is bumbling cluster biff Robert Madley who is an experiment. Madley see's things others dont see, he makes decisions yet to be regulated, his ability to foresee things and make them up in his own mind so the little pixies can have their dinner every day is remarkable. Madley was sacked as a premier league referee because he doesn't think about what he does and makes decisions without reflection, like utilising a disability as a joke. Here is his excuse - Madely is still a moron, and always will be. Including robbing Swansea of obvious goals and awarding all manner of thickhead decisions against the team.

Madley wrote: “As I sat in my car with my phone in hand, a person walked past my car in front of me who had a walking impairment. The next part I am ashamed of. I took a six-second film, I said nothing. I did this in Snapchat, which is where I take all of my films that I intend to save to my phone"
Of course that isn't exactly correct because the buffoon then wrote "On the video I wrote, 'F**k me I have a chance of winning the parents race this year.'
The blokes an utter div.

Swansea and Forest FA cup history
12th January 1929
Forest 1 Swans 2
Exciting results that day were Aston Villa 6 Cardiff 1 and Norwich 0 Corinthians 5.
With the swans going in to the second leg on Saturday 2-1 up there's all to play for.

Steve Cooper talks about Saturdays game

Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup
Nottingham Forest have won the FA Cup twice, once in 1959. The 1959 FA Cup Final was contested by Nottingham Forest and Luton Town at Wembley. Forest won 2—1, with goals from Roy Dwight and Tommy Wilson just four minutes apart.

Forest in 1898 with the FA Cup, the bloke on the right wearing a cap kills animals and maybe even people

In the 1897/98 season Forest beat Derby County 3-1 in the FA Cup final at Crystal Palace in front of 63,000 fans, all of whom are dead, as are the teams and everyone else there that day. Not even Robin Hood was there, he was out riding a bloke called Glen, a non too choosy type who liked hanging around with a band of men. Forest also lost in the 1991 final to Spurs, some will recall Paul Gascoigne getting his comeuppance when he injured himself fouling Forest players. The referee that day was Roger Milford Haven, interestingly Roger now lives there and claims the dole and sells fish he has found in the drains. Or maybe he doesn't.

Team News
Connor Hourihane is available for the swans as is Jordan Morris, expect changes in the starting eleven. It’s unlikely Cooper will play Webb in goal, Hamer is cup tied so Woodman should start. We could see another start for Cameron Evans.

Suggested Forest eleven

TEAMS

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Ryan Manning; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Jake Bidwell, Jay Fulton, Oli Cooper, Jordon Garrick, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Nottingham Forest: Jordan Smith; Carl Jenkinson, Gaetan Bong, Loic Mbe Soh, Joe Worrall (captain), Tobias Figueiredo; Anthony Knockaert, Fouad Bachirou, Joe Lolley, Luke Freeman; Lyle Taylor.

Substitutes: Brice Samba, Cyrus Christie, Lewis Grabban, Sammy Ameobi, Alex Mighten, Cafu, Miguel Guerrero, Michael Dawson, Tyler Blackett.

Referee: Kevin Friend

[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 18:06]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 08:39 - Jan 23 with 1361 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 23:44 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Far from it I will engage with any poster for debate and not resort to abuse. Remember Brynmill 21% of Burnley is worth £42m. FORTY TWO MILLION. This is not a guess it is a FACT. The 2016 for Swansea was underpriced for a quick sale. An extra Yank has turned up looking for a killing. Swansea look like a pretty good prospect to him.

Some questions. Can you answer them Brynmill?

a) Does Burnley have more potential than Swansea city over the next 10 years?
b) Is Burnley a bigger town than Swansea ?
c) Is Swansea getting to the Premier league unrealistic?
d) Why is the Trust proposing to sue for the discounted 2016 price £21m and recover only £13-14m fees after costs ?
e) Why have the US people put in extra money?

Legal action only makes sense if Swansea becomes a basket case club under 'Yankee asset strippers'. "Nothing to lose see butt". But the US people have put in another £10m? into the club. They are not asset strippers.

Bring back Frank Zappa he would chase me away asking these too many damn questions. Funny your logo is a puppet.

Ha ha you’re wrong once more. It’s a ventriloquists dummy. The ventriloquist works its movements throws his/her voice and gives the impression that the dummy speaks for itself. Very much like how the sellouts work you.

Ive got no agenda on here, I’m just an ordinary fan. You on the other hand just lionise the previous board and demonise the trust repeatedly. And its becoming very tedious indeed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 08:46 - Jan 23 with 1352 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 23:44 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Far from it I will engage with any poster for debate and not resort to abuse. Remember Brynmill 21% of Burnley is worth £42m. FORTY TWO MILLION. This is not a guess it is a FACT. The 2016 for Swansea was underpriced for a quick sale. An extra Yank has turned up looking for a killing. Swansea look like a pretty good prospect to him.

d) Why is the Trust proposing to sue for the discounted 2016 price £21m and recover only £13-14m fees after costs ?

Legal action only makes sense if Swansea becomes a basket case club under 'Yankee asset strippers'. "Nothing to lose see butt". But the US people have put in another £10m? into the club. They are not asset strippers.

Bring back Frank Zappa he would chase me away asking these too many damn questions. Funny your logo is a puppet.

Conveniently leaving out very some important aspects yet again. Without prejudice you certainly aren't.

Yet again absolutely no mention of the fact that the trust make zero if the Americans sell their holding company.

Do you d) to be fact then? Or just another assumption?
e) personally i think they're seeing more dollar signs.

The legal case makes sense because we have no idea who's coming next.

But don't derail this thread too.

Do you set an alarm for every few days to tell us how much Burnley is worth?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 8:48]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 09:55 - Jan 23 with 1303 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 08:46 - Jan 23 by Chief

Conveniently leaving out very some important aspects yet again. Without prejudice you certainly aren't.

Yet again absolutely no mention of the fact that the trust make zero if the Americans sell their holding company.

Do you d) to be fact then? Or just another assumption?
e) personally i think they're seeing more dollar signs.

The legal case makes sense because we have no idea who's coming next.

But don't derail this thread too.

Do you set an alarm for every few days to tell us how much Burnley is worth?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 8:48]

Its bleeding obvious if the US people sell their 69% holding the Trust will get nothing. Neither will HJ and MM and Mr Silverstein if he ever buys shares from his loan. If the Trust sell their shares the US people get nothing. Thats the way it works. You seem to buy every red herring you are offered.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 09:58 - Jan 23 with 1298 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 09:55 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Its bleeding obvious if the US people sell their 69% holding the Trust will get nothing. Neither will HJ and MM and Mr Silverstein if he ever buys shares from his loan. If the Trust sell their shares the US people get nothing. Thats the way it works. You seem to buy every red herring you are offered.

Unfortunately its no red herring. Its a cold, hard and extremely relevant fact.

Be sure to include it in your next monologue tomorrow on legal action.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 10:01]

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 10:09 - Jan 23 with 1288 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 08:39 - Jan 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Ha ha you’re wrong once more. It’s a ventriloquists dummy. The ventriloquist works its movements throws his/her voice and gives the impression that the dummy speaks for itself. Very much like how the sellouts work you.

Ive got no agenda on here, I’m just an ordinary fan. You on the other hand just lionise the previous board and demonise the trust repeatedly. And its becoming very tedious indeed.

So you do not fancy answering the questions?. That figures. If you answer the questions yourself you will have to come to the same conclusion as me. Inflation has smashed the Trust's case. Selling their shares at 2016 prices benefits the buyer not the seller that should be obvious even to your dummy.

The 2016 price was already below the market value, inflation has been high over the half decade since the sale and legal costs and fees will be crippling. (they always are) .

Any buyer tells the seller his shares are not worth anything and he had better sell to him because no one else will offer them cash. The Trust in their negative talk sound to me like they are representing the buyers not the sellers (the members).

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 12:02 - Jan 23 with 1233 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 10:09 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

So you do not fancy answering the questions?. That figures. If you answer the questions yourself you will have to come to the same conclusion as me. Inflation has smashed the Trust's case. Selling their shares at 2016 prices benefits the buyer not the seller that should be obvious even to your dummy.

The 2016 price was already below the market value, inflation has been high over the half decade since the sale and legal costs and fees will be crippling. (they always are) .

Any buyer tells the seller his shares are not worth anything and he had better sell to him because no one else will offer them cash. The Trust in their negative talk sound to me like they are representing the buyers not the sellers (the members).

Again i see you're deciding to omit the key points that could very well render inflation completely irrelevant.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd Sat UPDATE on 12:09 - Jan 23 with 1224 viewsChief

Anyway tough game today. Forests 20th place seems a bit false. Since we beat they've only lost to up the top like Brentford, Norwich. Middlesbrough they lost to recently and they've had a few red cards in those losses.

Maybe with them being in 20th he'll rotate.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd Sat UPDATE on 13:59 - Jan 23 with 1156 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd Sat UPDATE on 12:09 - Jan 23 by Chief

Anyway tough game today. Forests 20th place seems a bit false. Since we beat they've only lost to up the top like Brentford, Norwich. Middlesbrough they lost to recently and they've had a few red cards in those losses.

Maybe with them being in 20th he'll rotate.

They're missing quite a few players

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 14:02 - Jan 23 with 1148 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Ryan Manning; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Jake Bidwell, Jay Fulton, Oli Cooper, Jordon Garrick, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Nottingham Forest: Jordan Smith; Carl Jenkinson, Gaetan Bong, Loic Mbe Soh, Joe Worrall (captain), Tobias Figueiredo; Anthony Knockaert, Fouad Bachirou, Joe Lolley, Luke Freeman; Lyle Taylor.

Substitutes: Brice Samba, Cyrus Christie, Lewis Grabban, Sammy Ameobi, Alex Mighten, Cafu, Miguel Guerrero, Michael Dawson, Tyler Blackett.

Referee: Kevin Friend

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 14:07 - Jan 23 with 1109 viewsraynor94

Big changes for both teams

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 14:30 - Jan 23 with 1040 viewsReslovenSwan1

No pace up front with Cullen and Routledge. I would prefere to see Garrick up top.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:03 - Jan 23 with 958 viewsBadlands

Gabbidon has always been fair and complementary about the Swans but... did they invite Wyndham to comment on Cardiff’s game v Forest?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:12 - Jan 23 with 916 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkinson could have seen red for that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd THURS UPDATE on 15:13 - Jan 23 with 910 viewsvetchonian

You should know all about puppets as you are obviously one yourself with either one of the sellout or new owners manipulating you

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:16 - Jan 23 with 895 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 14:30 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

No pace up front with Cullen and Routledge. I would prefere to see Garrick up top.

I see you know as much about football as business

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:18 - Jan 23 with 886 viewsBadlands

Great goal.
Pinpoint cross with Cullen calmly steering the ball

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 874 viewsGroo

This is supposed to be a match thread, why is every thread allowed to be hijacked this way.

Groo does what Groo does best

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 873 viewsNotLoyal

Let's get this done now.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:24 - Jan 23 with 848 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:18 - Jan 23 by Badlands

Great goal.
Pinpoint cross with Cullen calmly steering the ball

Routs off injured early, Lowe on.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:33 - Jan 23 with 812 viewsandypitt56

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:24 - Jan 23 by Thornburyswan

Routs off injured early, Lowe on.

That was a rocket from grimes!
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:35 - Jan 23 with 793 viewsvetchonian

Two great goals so far what a strike from Grimes.to think we have Ayew,Fulton, Smith,Cabango,Naughton and Bidwell not on the pitch yet we are winning and controlling the game against another Championship side

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:36 - Jan 23 with 786 viewstheloneranger

Grimes showing Conor Hourihane he's got a left foot. 😁

Great goal.

Conor Hourihane is Class!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:36 - Jan 23 with 786 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:03 - Jan 23 by Badlands

Gabbidon has always been fair and complementary about the Swans but... did they invite Wyndham to comment on Cardiff’s game v Forest?

I’m finding his commentary very negative tbh pointing out Forests poor play rather than how good we are playing
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:37 - Jan 23 with 777 viewsandypitt56

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:36 - Jan 23 by theloneranger

Grimes showing Conor Hourihane he's got a left foot. 😁

Great goal.

Conor Hourihane is Class!!

Certainly a step up on set pieces already nice coops had faith to get him on it straight away
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 15:40 - Jan 23 with 765 viewsvetchonian

Dhanda's passing is letting him down today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024