Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 5th round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Thread AFTERMATH 03:13 - Feb 6 with 15958 viewsNotLoyal

UP FOR THE CUP

Wednesday 10th February 2021
FA CUP Fifth Round
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 5.30pm

The game will be shown on BT Sport LIVE from 5pm UK time and is also available in certain countries on BT Sport ultimate. Fans with access to DAZN 1 Movistar and DAZN Gratis along with ESPN+ in the USA WatchESPN in Australia and Kayo Sports can also watch the game LIVE

Match Officials
Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner

Peter Bankes spotted out marching to Wednesdays game

This is a repeat of the FA Cup Quarter Final game in 2019 where Manchester City scored the winning goal from an offside position, the referee that day ? Yes, you guessed it Andre Marriner. He made a variety of what can only be described as very questionable decisions in Manchester City’s favour that led to the winning goal and second goal. Incompetence is the best thing he can claim, even Guardiola said after the game ‘ yes, the goal was offside and it wasn’t a penalty but you need luck sometimes’ Very comforting.

Andre Marriner, won the last FA Cup game between the sides in 2019

Married Aston Villa supporting lunatic Andre Marriner has seen his fair share of controversy over the years, the fifty year old referee from Birmingham has never been that far away from either questionable decision making or complete and utter incompetence. Hopefully on Wednesday the nugget will stick to his role and prevent himself for trying the same stunt again. When I say stunt ...

In 2019 Marriner whose integrity is never in question, made numerous questionable decisions when he was pictured with a young Asian girl on his knee in Indonesia at a charity event. On the Thursday night of the week long trip Kevin Friend, Martin Atkinson, David Coote and Marriner posed for photos with six women at Brewski & Co bar in Batam’s Nagoya Entertainment District, infamous for its red light district. Marriner of course remains with his integrity intact. If you like.

Caught offside, Marriner the married man in a lingering hug for charity in the red light district, Indonesia

We will leave the sleazy side of refereeing for now, and hope 150k a year plus 2k a game match fees ( England only, international fees extra ) referee Andre Marriner keeps it in his trousers on Wednesday.

Man City hold the aces when it comes to previous performances between the sides. Leave aside the game we all know should have gone the way of Swansea and still Man City are clear favourites. We have to go back thirteen games for a swans win, that was 1-0 back in 2012, sub Luke Moore scoring the winner.

The teams that day were -

Swans: Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor, Routledge (Monk, 87), Britton, Allen, Sinclair, Sigurdsson, Graham (Moore, 79).

Man City: Hart, Richards, K. Toure, Savic, Clichy, De Jong (Johnson, 84), Barry (Aguero, 37), Nasri, Y. Toure, Silva (Dzeko, 87), Balotelli.

Gun toting, human firework and self obsessed idiot Balotelli blasted the ball away in frustration on several occasions during the game, Rodgers then swans manager called it a ‘Wonderful day’ for supporters of the club. The swans have earned several draws since then but no victories. We have to go back to 1984 for another swan win 4-1 at the vetch and then to April 1982 when 2-0 was the score line, a certain Garry Stanley scoring a much celebrated tap in from 41 yards.

Relive that game from 1982 here

Manchester City ‘The facts’
Man City, now have a womens team, they are called Woman City, this keeps them in tune morally and genderly with todays millennial chipmunks. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton) which is a stupid name they changed it to Manchester City after that. When you think the club formed four years after the death of General, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer after being surrounded by Sue and her mates it makes you realise how old the club is. In 1956 they had a fisherman goalkeeper called Bert Trautmann, a Jerry, who has to put up with some tremendous abuse in professional football in the fifties.Whilst the people of Manchester were still putting their windows back in after years of trying to buy windows after the war ended, there was much hostility. However Bert won their hearts in the 1956 final which Man City won. During the game he broke his neck but continued playing. It was later revealed he also played with two broken legs, a broken wrist, multiple bum lacerations from the then spiked stud and a slight graze to his elbow. The latter was treated with beer, Trautmann refused all treatment and the next day ran home to his house in Berlin, which also had no windows. So, a lovely story there from history.

Bert holding his head on after the 1956 FA Cup final

As Manchester’s second team for most of their history stories like Bert’s are often repeated. There was nothing else to talk about for years. Up until 2008 Manchester City were rubbish, then a bloke from an urbanised hot place came along and bought several titles, cups and managers. That’s how football works. The fans of ‘Citeh’ have a song called Blue Moon, which isn’t their song. Brit band Blur are keen followers of ‘Citeh’ and their lead singer says ‘ Citeh’ very well. It has to be said many good things have come out of Manchester and stayed out of Manchester to their credit. Nothing else is known about Man City other than their manager Peppermint Pig can get very minty at times, that was pork I know.

Steve Cooper pre match, complete with stupid questions

Swansea City v Manchester City - Pep Guardiola Latest News, FA Cup 5th Round by SwansIndependent 9 Feb 2021 16:35
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54182/swansea-city-v-manchester-city--pep-guardiola-latest-news-fa-cup-5th-round

The very latest, click on the link above

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. 11th Feb 2021 11:25
Some would say too much respect was paid early on to Manchester City tonight in the FA Cup fifth round tie at the Liberty - as the citizens came and played their usual impressive game. It seems, just like last Friday when Cooper out thought Norwich City that Pep Guardiola did exactly the same in a master class performance. However, the swans were not to be denied a bit of glory. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 08:26 - Feb 6 with 5429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If you’re trying to blackmail the ref I think you’re going the wrong way about it 😹😹😹😹

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 08:28 - Feb 6 with 5429 views34dfgdf54

Not sure what I’d do here. I’d probably rest players being in the position we are I’ve got to be honest.

Tough one for Cooper
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 8:29]
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 08:41 - Feb 6 with 5414 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 08:28 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

Not sure what I’d do here. I’d probably rest players being in the position we are I’ve got to be honest.

Tough one for Cooper

They’ve got two tough games in the league either side so why not play a strong side. We’ve got that winning mentality - let’s keep it going.

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 09:58 - Feb 6 with 5381 viewsKeithHaynes

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 08:26 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

If you’re trying to blackmail the ref I think you’re going the wrong way about it 😹😹😹😹

I had to fact check the info, had thoughts of paying Marriner all I had just for NL to have a laugh, turns out it’s true 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 10:31 - Feb 6 with 5348 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 09:58 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

I had to fact check the info, had thoughts of paying Marriner all I had just for NL to have a laugh, turns out it’s true 😂

I was meaning he should have sent the photo in the post with a “leniency request” letter asking after his wife than post the incriminating photo on line lol

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 10:46 - Feb 6 with 5336 viewsThornburyswan

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 08:28 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

Tough one for Cooper

I’m with you on that RJ but probably go with a blend of first team + fringe players - Cabango, Manning, Dhanda, Freeman, Morris, Latibeaudiere & maybe Cooper all deserve a start & then fill in the gaps with first teamers.

Whittaker, Arriola & Smith (if fit) but make the bench and get some time depending on the game situation
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:23 - Feb 6 with 5284 viewsAguycalledJack

Will this be shown by swans tv? I don’t have bt sport.
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 13:25 - Feb 6 with 5248 viewsCatullus

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:23 - Feb 6 by AguycalledJack

Will this be shown by swans tv? I don’t have bt sport.

This is why I hate Sky and all the pay platforms. I just got lucky this time, we switched to Virgin and have Skysports and BT sports in the deal.

We're losing 6 nations game to PPv too. It's a rip off

On the OP, I think Coops will want to try and win and will go strong. I think he sees keeping the same mentality for every game as important and besides, he may want to prove a point and we took City close last time, maybe the new improved version can give the Citeh slickers a proper kicking this time!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Feb 6 with 5197 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Don't see the need to play a weakened team in this one 'to focus on the league' as I've seen quite a few of our fans suggesting- we've got a very fit squad used to playing 2 games a week with minimal rotation.

A lot of our success this season has come from building a winning mentality and we should be looking to continue that no matter what the competition is or who the opponents are. Even though we may well eventually end up losing, playing a strong side and giving Citeh a good game would surely give the team the confidence to continue our winning ways in the league.

And (say it quietly) if we do have one eye on promotion, the match would be a good barometer of where our strongest XI is vs premier league opposition. All reasons to pick a strong side and make a go of it, and that's without even bringing up the desire we all have to settle the score of 2 years ago!
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Feb 6 with 5147 viewsNotLoyal

Hamer
Freeman Cabango Latiabediere Evans
Cooper Smith Dhanda Manning
Whittaker Morris

Would be sensible, but I can see a far stronger side being picked.

OK I've changed it.

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Feb 6 with 5141 viewsWhiterockin

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Feb 6 by NotLoyal

Hamer
Whittaker Morris

Isn't Hamer cup tied.

All the players will want to play in this match, so there is a lot to think about with the possibility of it going 120 minutes.
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Feb 6 with 5138 viewsNotLoyal

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

Isn't Hamer cup tied.

All the players will want to play in this match, so there is a lot to think about with the possibility of it going 120 minutes.

Your right, woodman then, he apparently needs the practice.

OK I've changed it.

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 5132 viewsTenbySwan

Play a strong team. Go for it.
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:43 - Feb 6 with 5114 viewsNotLoyal

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Feb 6 by TenbySwan

Play a strong team. Go for it.

Put our best side out and I reckon we will beat them. And not just by one.

OK I've changed it.

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Feb 6 with 5081 viewsWhiterockin

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:43 - Feb 6 by NotLoyal

Put our best side out and I reckon we will beat them. And not just by one.

But would it be worth it if the team were tired for Saturday and we lost to Sheffield Wednesday.
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 19:20 - Feb 6 with 5034 viewshobo

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Feb 6 by NotLoyal

Hamer
Whittaker Morris

We may as well give them the win now if that was the team

Full strength please. We need to give this one everything
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 19:30 - Feb 6 with 5030 viewsCatullus

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

But would it be worth it if the team were tired for Saturday and we lost to Sheffield Wednesday.

We're not going to start the 3 games in so many days stuff are we? Didn't Norwich just get ridiculed for that?
How about he starts Morris and Whittaker, Latibeaudiere and Cabango, Manning and Freeman and goes with a very strong bench?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Feb 6 with 5008 viewsFireboy2

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 19:30 - Feb 6 by Catullus

We're not going to start the 3 games in so many days stuff are we? Didn't Norwich just get ridiculed for that?
How about he starts Morris and Whittaker, Latibeaudiere and Cabango, Manning and Freeman and goes with a very strong bench?

This^

The fringe players get gametime and if we are still in with a shout with 20 to go cooper might bring the big guns on.
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Feb 6 with 4989 viewsjasper_T

Hamer
Whittaker Morris

You might need to look up "sensible" in the dictionary.
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 07:16 - Feb 7 with 4838 viewsjackal

Play a strong team.

I'd like to see our defence tested against some of the best players on the planet.
FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 10:43 - Feb 7 with 4746 viewsonehunglow

A strong team and one that will hopefully not be blown away.
A wonderful chance for our players to really show where they are.
A good performance will keep the confidence high.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 4720 viewsNotLoyal

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Feb 6 by jasper_T

You might need to look up "sensible" in the dictionary.

Ok, and why ?

OK I've changed it.

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 13:44 - Feb 7 with 4672 viewsraynor94

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 11:38 - Feb 7 by NotLoyal

Ok, and why ?

Hamer is cup tied, but I'd field a second string, the Wednesday game is far more important

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 13:54 - Feb 7 with 4669 viewsKeithHaynes

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 13:44 - Feb 7 by raynor94

Hamer is cup tied, but I'd field a second string, the Wednesday game is far more important

That was covered above ?

Personally I think bar the keeper it is sensible as well, without going in to why etc. But of course the side will be stronger, sometimes people need to explain an observation other than just comment on it because they can.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Feb 7 with 4594 viewsNotLoyal

FA Cup fifth round Swansea City v Manchester City : Official Matchday Thread on 13:54 - Feb 7 by KeithHaynes

That was covered above ?

Personally I think bar the keeper it is sensible as well, without going in to why etc. But of course the side will be stronger, sometimes people need to explain an observation other than just comment on it because they can.

Opinions that's how I see it.
So should others.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024