Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 03:25 - Feb 22 with 12917 viewsNotLoyal

Wednesday 24the February 2021
Kick Off 7pm
Liberty Stadium
Swansea

TV - SKY SPORTS RED BUTTON
SWANS TV

Match Officials
🔴ANDY WOOLMER🔴
Lee Venamore and Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official : John Busby

Yes it’s the first game officiating the swans that Andy Woolmer who Steve Cooper called out publicly for his integrity and decision making - after the home game against Sheffield Wednesday in November. Cooper was fined £3,500. Cooper publicly stated “ One thing was for sure, that whatever the decision was, it was not going to us," Cooper said after the game.

"It's personal unfortunately."

Now I don’t know about you but this buff nut shouldn’t be reffing any Swans game until the outcome of an investigation in to his conduct is made public, along with Cooper’s allegations also being made public. According to Cooper he is a dodgy referee who holds grudges and cheats. That’s the implication and it’s not been put to bed.

Andy Woolmer has a history of ‘questionable’ decisions against Swansea City

Well Andy boy, we will all be watching you, very closely indeed. No pressure, well, just a little bit. Or a lot, depends.

Steve Cooper
Me and Marshy are going tooled up up for this one, no team talks, we are straight in to the back room of a local bar, then Rossi’s and we are sorted. Beaker wants to come as well but to be honest he’s all mouth and no trousers, had his chance to join the crew last year but bottled it on the touch line. Marsh is from Liverpool, so his mate Stanley is coming a long, he’s a sharp geezer is Stan, he can be cutting at times but always leaves his mark. If needs be we will double him up with his brother. Me and Marshy have been about, India with the boys 2017 is a memorable one. Listen, I’m not going to play games here, but it’s personal.

Cooper giving it the big one on the streets of Mumbai

Now this conversation concerns us, if it happened, when things happen then they should be concerning, however, being concerned about this conversation is all about it happening, if it did. You decide, we just make the tea, you pour it.

Swans v Coventry head to head
Games won: 9
Games drawn: 9
Games lost: 13

The last time the swans lost to Coventry was Oct 1981 at Highfield Road, old people will remember this game. The last time the swans lost at home to Coventry was January 1951. Even older people and some dead ones will also recall this game.

Morris and Bennet out on weds

Cooper on Cov - “They’re a team that’s stuck with and trusted the way they got promoted from League One with last season, and I have a lot of respect for that. They have a very experienced manager, an experienced assistant manager and we know it’s a game we’ve absolutely got to be ready for. But we will be. We’re at home, we’re starting this spell of playing every three or four days, and it’s about survival of the fittest and the toughest as well, both physically and mentally. We are looking forward to these games. We were really disappointed with the result at the weekend, but that happens. You have to deal with it and move on."

Richard Duffy the former Swansea man rose through the ranks in South Wales breaking onto the scene as a fresh-faced schoolboy and making his debut for the Swans in December 2001 aged 16 against Macclesfield. However, Duffy would be kept out for over a year through injury, returning back to the side at the start of the 2003-04 season and quickly becoming a regular in the Swans side making 22 appearances.

The Welsh youngster quickly attracted interest from higher leagues, and it was Premier League outfit Portsmouth who won the race for his signature, with the defender swapping South Wales for the South coast in January 2004. A short loan move with Burnley preceded multiple successive loan spells with the Sky Blues. Duffy arrived at Coventry on loan in January 2005 as Micky Adams’ first signing, going on to play 15 games as City narrowly avoided relegation. He returned to the Midlands for the entirety of the next season, playing a key role in the upturn of fortunes and then returned the next season on a short loan until January 2007. He spent the second half of the 2006-07 season back with Swansea making 12 appearances, however this would be the final time Duffy would wear the Swans colours making 35 appearances across his two spells. The Welshman returned to Coventry for his last and fourth successive season but would only make a couple of appearances as injury would end his season soon after arrival. Duffy departed the Sky Blues at the end of the season playing 64 times across the four loan spells.

There are very few links between the sides bar David Smith who played for the swans in 2002/03 season and Barry Powell back in the early seventies.

However - The flying postman and Cian Harris would disagree. But they can’t, because they are not here.

SWANSTASTIC

Last six results, all comps.

Lost — Huddersfield 4-1 Swansea (Sky Bet Championship)

Won — Swansea 1-0 Nottingham Forest (Sky Bet Championship)

Lost — Swansea 1-3 Man City (Emirates FA Cup)

Won — Swansea 2-0 Norwich (Sky Bet Championship)

Won — Rotherham 1-3 Swansea (Sky Bet Championship)

Drew — Swansea 1-1 Brentford (Sky Bet Championship)

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Morgan Whittaker, Paul Arriola, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Kieron Freeman.

Coventry City: Ben Wilson, Leo Ostigard, Kyle McFadzean, Liam Kelly (captain), Maxime Biamou, Callum O'Hare, Dominic Hyam, Tyler Walker, Sam McCallum, Julien Dacosta, Gustavo Hamer.

Substitutes: Marko Marosi, Michael Rose, Jamie Allen, Viktor Gyokeres, Ben Sheaf, Amadou Bakayoko, Fankaty Dabo, Matty James, Jordan Shipley.

Referee: Andy Woolmer

[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 9:42]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread on 08:00 - Feb 22 with 4567 viewsSwans9

I hope we score first. Time to get the show back on the road.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 14:10 - Feb 22 with 4382 views34dfgdf54

Bennett out for Coventry game by the looks.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 15:02 - Feb 22 with 4354 viewsGeoffThom

Let's hope gykores doesn't come back to haunt us
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 15:29 - Feb 22 with 4322 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 15:02 - Feb 22 by GeoffThom

Let's hope gykores doesn't come back to haunt us

He will, always happens.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 16:39 - Feb 22 with 4288 viewsBadlands

Has anyone watched their game v Brentford to see how they performed?
I wouldn't blame Woodman for the goals on Saturday but is it time for Hamer to get some game time?

The back 3 and front 2 pretty much pick themselves - Cooper really needs to work out which midfield partnerships offer better possibilities than in the last two games.
..............Woodman / Hamer
.......Naughton Cabango Guehi
Roberts ............................... Manning
.... Smith ....... Hourihane .... Fulton
......... Lowe
...........................Ayew

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 17:11 - Feb 22 with 4271 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 16:39 - Feb 22 by Badlands

I wouldn't blame Woodman for the goals on Saturday but is it time for Hamer to get some game time?

The back 3 and front 2 pretty much pick themselves - Cooper really needs to work out which midfield partnerships offer better possibilities than in the last two games.
......... Lowe

NOt a bad line up that....I dont think we can operate our midfield with both Grimes and Hourihane.

Be tempted to give Whittaker a start over Lowe with him and Ayew playing as a two up top then bring on Lowe as the oppposition tire.

Harsh on Bidwell but apart from his cross for Connors goal has been off the boil. Connor too is an automatic pick but his defending does leave a lot to be desired has a great engine and is good going forwards but is not the best in defense which may expalin why no PL club has come after him

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 19:14 - Feb 22 with 4193 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 16:39 - Feb 22 by Badlands

......... Lowe

I watched them against Brentford, they played really well, Walker up front, and O' Hare just behind were impressive.

Can't afford to take them lightly, Cardiff beat them at home 3-0, a week ago.

Early goal needed in this one

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 19:15 - Feb 22 with 4173 viewsonehunglow

Them or anyone else

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 19:50 - Feb 22 with 4150 viewsvetchonian

......... Lowe

Also what about

Woodman
Naughton Cabango Guehi Bidwell

Roberts Smith Hourihane Fulton Manning

Ayew

Roberts and Manning offering some width going forwards and a bit of help in defence...a tactic employed once or twice by Laudrup

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 20:10 - Feb 22 with 4134 viewsLittleEnglandJack

......... Lowe

Agree with this, although as others have said I think Lowe needs dropping. Difficult because we don't have many options in that position, especially with Morris gone. Nevertheless, I'd like to see Whittaker given a go. He obviously knows where the goal is and I've got a feeling an unknown quantity like him might be the injection of something different that we need with our side looking somewhat stale. As long as he's given the chance, of course, which I'm not confident about with Cooper at the helm.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 20:46 - Feb 22 with 4108 viewshowenjack

Hamer is another player for coventry who can be dangerous if given room . I think we need to start fast and not give them a foothold - they are a side who thrive on any success and like to attack in numbers.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 21:39 - Feb 22 with 4064 viewsNotLoyal

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 22:00 - Feb 22 with 4045 viewsOldjack

I watched them and they thoroughly deserved to beat Brentford , their work-rate was spot on , closing down at every opportunity, we have to match that and a bit more ,play like we've done recently

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 22:04 - Feb 22 with 4042 viewsChief

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 22:00 - Feb 22 by Oldjack

I watched them and they thoroughly deserved to beat Brentford , their work-rate was spot on , closing down at every opportunity, we have to match that and a bit more ,play like we've done recently

Sounds like our cryptonite to be honest

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 08:18 - Feb 23 with 3925 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 19:50 - Feb 22 by vetchonian

Also what about

Woodman

Ayew

Roberts and Manning offering some width going forwards and a bit of help in defence...a tactic employed once or twice by Laudrup

I like that side but for me too defensive in a home game that we need to be going out to win but like it for some of our tough away matches in March.

I don’t see Cooper making that many changes for Wednesday bar the ones for Morris & Bennett that are forced - might give Smith a start, Cabango for Bennett & outside chance for Arriola or Whittaker for Lowe.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 08:49 - Feb 23 with 3913 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 19:50 - Feb 22 by vetchonian

Also what about

Woodman

Ayew

Without Grimes, other than the odd game, you may as well forget top 6 this season. Our best player by a mile.
Whilst on the subject, how dire - week in week out - has AA got to be before he gets rested? Lowe deserve better support than anything AA offers. Against that after at least 12 consecutive poor performances with any luck AA might turn up for the game on Saturday.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 09:05 - Feb 23 with 3900 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 08:49 - Feb 23 by nantywatcher

Without Grimes, other than the odd game, you may as well forget top 6 this season. Our best player by a mile.
Whilst on the subject, how dire - week in week out - has AA got to be before he gets rested? Lowe deserve better support than anything AA offers. Against that after at least 12 consecutive poor performances with any luck AA might turn up for the game on Saturday.

I hope he turns up tomorrow!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 09:21 - Feb 23 with 3894 viewspencoedjack

I must live in a parallel universe

There are posters claiming

Woodman
Roberts
Hourihane

Should be dropped.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 09:26 - Feb 23 with 3891 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 09:21 - Feb 23 by pencoedjack

I must live in a parallel universe

There are posters claiming

Woodman
Roberts
Hourihane

Should be dropped.

Can't get my head around first two being dropped either.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 10:31 - Feb 23 with 3844 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 09:26 - Feb 23 by 34dfgdf54

Can't get my head around first two being dropped either.

I can't over the fact Woody is still with us.
How do we know Hamer is not a better option if he's not given a chance.
Woody is in no way that outstanding that he couldn't be replaced .
Hamer is fooked right now as he will only get splinters every match day.

Roberts can be a match winner but also can lose us games. It's a balance.

It's arguable we have any undroppable players.

We've worked ourselves into a good position and need to drive it on. Vital game as we can get the Mojo back.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 11:33 - Feb 23 with 3819 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 08:49 - Feb 23 by nantywatcher

Its all about opinions, dont think we can play both Grimes and Hourihane the midield is not balanced...Hourihane has goals in him..more so than Grimes.

Grimes was dropped/rested against Blackburn Rovers at home a team who were in form and rampant at the time yet we beat them 2-0 without Grimes.

Ayew was rested for the cup game against Forest, scored aginst Norwich, along with Hourihane.

People talk of Ayew and Loew needing a rest ...based on what that they have stopeed banging the goals in...the problem is we have been predominately on the back foot in games since we beat Norwich as our midfield has been weak and found wanting resulting in Ayew and Lowe chasing back or getting no "good " ball

Like I say its all about opinions

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 11:48 - Feb 23 with 3810 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 08:18 - Feb 23 by Thornburyswan

I like that side but for me too defensive in a home game that we need to be going out to win but like it for some of our tough away matches in March.

I don’t see Cooper making that many changes for Wednesday bar the ones for Morris & Bennett that are forced - might give Smith a start, Cabango for Bennett & outside chance for Arriola or Whittaker for Lowe.

IT could be seen as too defensive but in my opinion ROberts is better attacking than defending and this formtion allows him more freedom to get forwards without worrying about getting back, he is good at getting crosses in and is often found in the box . Manning as some have said good box to box midfielder but could fall back to LB allowing Bidwell to get forward to bang in the crosses.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 11:50 - Feb 23 with 3810 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 11:33 - Feb 23 by vetchonian

Its all about opinions, dont think we can play both Grimes and Hourihane the midield is not balanced...Hourihane has goals in him..more so than Grimes.

Grimes was dropped/rested against Blackburn Rovers at home a team who were in form and rampant at the time yet we beat them 2-0 without Grimes.

Ayew was rested for the cup game against Forest, scored aginst Norwich, along with Hourihane.

People talk of Ayew and Loew needing a rest ...based on what that they have stopeed banging the goals in...the problem is we have been predominately on the back foot in games since we beat Norwich as our midfield has been weak and found wanting resulting in Ayew and Lowe chasing back or getting no "good " ball

Like I say its all about opinions

Is Hourihane going to make the inteceptions and tackles Grimes does pretty much every game? Is Hourihane going to receive the ball from the back four and keep us in possession?

I can't see it all to be honest.

It's a tough one as Hourihane has the quality in him with set pieces and he can score from anywhere, on reflection I'd give him another game Wednesday but we can't afford another game like we had against Huddersfield, Brentford etc where we are carrying him.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 11:58 - Feb 23 with 3808 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 11:50 - Feb 23 by 34dfgdf54

Is Hourihane going to make the inteceptions and tackles Grimes does pretty much every game? Is Hourihane going to receive the ball from the back four and keep us in possession?

I can't see it all to be honest.

It's a tough one as Hourihane has the quality in him with set pieces and he can score from anywhere, on reflection I'd give him another game Wednesday but we can't afford another game like we had against Huddersfield, Brentford etc where we are carrying him.

As I say its all about opinions

We played without Grimes against Blackburn Rovers who at the time were unbeaten and top scorers we played with Dhanda who doesnt do the hard graft. TO answer your question Smith would make those interceptions whoever received the ball in the Blackburn game could do the same on Wednesday. I still believe SMith was brought here to replace Grimes who was thought to be on his way. I like Grimes but he tends to give the ball away too much for me but then thats my personal opinion.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 12:43 - Feb 23 with 3768 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread MONDAY UPDATE on 11:48 - Feb 23 by vetchonian

IT could be seen as too defensive but in my opinion ROberts is better attacking than defending and this formtion allows him more freedom to get forwards without worrying about getting back, he is good at getting crosses in and is often found in the box . Manning as some have said good box to box midfielder but could fall back to LB allowing Bidwell to get forward to bang in the crosses.

Could work but with only Ayew to aim at & the midfield 3 lacking mobility those crosses would need to be very accurate, needs a second attacking option (for one of the middle three) for me or Dhanda/Arriola as one of the 3 with a free role playing behind Ayew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024