Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the Budget on Wednesday 09:09 - Feb 28 with 839 viewsbritferry

I don't think we'll be hit hard this year but they will put things in place for us to pay a hell of a lot more for years to come

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

the Budget on Wednesday on 09:45 - Feb 28 with 819 viewsWhiterockin

To be expected, this pandemic has cost a fortune and we will have to pay for it over time. Key factor is the length of time.
the Budget on Wednesday on 09:49 - Feb 28 with 818 viewsmajorraglan

Totally agree, Covid has had a huge effect on the economy and regardless of one’s views on Brexit there will be an economic hit from that in the short to medium term which is why Raab was championing taking a 10 year view last weekend.

There’s talk of a boost to the High Street, I’d like to see tax dodging clamped down on - companies using he tax havens in the Caribbean etc and online companies like Amazon who funnel most of their money through the ROI and Luxembourg.
the Budget on Wednesday on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 809 viewsWhiterockin

the Budget on Wednesday on 09:49 - Feb 28 by majorraglan

Totally agree, Covid has had a huge effect on the economy and regardless of one’s views on Brexit there will be an economic hit from that in the short to medium term which is why Raab was championing taking a 10 year view last weekend.

There’s talk of a boost to the High Street, I’d like to see tax dodging clamped down on - companies using he tax havens in the Caribbean etc and online companies like Amazon who funnel most of their money through the ROI and Luxembourg.

Many people have struggled financially throughout the pandemic, but many have also saved a great deal of money, due to less expenditure. I expect a boom late summer and through next winter with people who can afford it making up for lost time. Hopefully this boom will create jobs and boost the economy.
the Budget on Wednesday on 10:17 - Feb 28 with 793 viewstrampie

the Budget on Wednesday on 09:57 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

Many people have struggled financially throughout the pandemic, but many have also saved a great deal of money, due to less expenditure. I expect a boom late summer and through next winter with people who can afford it making up for lost time. Hopefully this boom will create jobs and boost the economy.

Come late summer and through to next winter will you personally be booming ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:21 - Feb 28 with 786 viewsCatullus

the Budget on Wednesday on 09:57 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

I saw figures earlier, 6 million have saved money but 9 million have lost out, fallen into debt. As with everything else, some will boom, some will bust.

The debt will have to be paid but to do that we also need investment so more debt. Who would want Sunak's job?

Taxes may not rise this week but they will soon. How else can Bojo pay back debts, invest in the economy AND have his green revolution?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:33 - Feb 28 with 781 viewsbuilthjack

I personally have not received a penny. Never have.
They need to get taxes off the huge companies that hardly pay any.
Anyone with offshore accounts, investigate them. If they are operating in the UK then get their taxes off them.
But they won't, they will hit the person earning 20k a year. Directly and indirectly.
Richer get richer. Poorer get poorer.
Tories eh.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:38 - Feb 28 with 774 viewsWhiterockin

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:17 - Feb 28 by trampie

Come late summer and through to next winter will you personally be booming ?

Yes and I will be spending the money I have not spent over the last 12 months, hopefully enjoying myself and benefiting others.
the Budget on Wednesday on 10:46 - Feb 28 with 759 viewsBillyChong

Sticks in the throat a bit when you look into the millions the Tories have gifted (and wasted) to friends and donors during the pandemic. The working class will pay for this, not that lot.
Login to get fewer ads

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:52 - Feb 28 with 746 viewsraynor94

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:46 - Feb 28 by BillyChong

Sticks in the throat a bit when you look into the millions the Tories have gifted (and wasted) to friends and donors during the pandemic. The working class will pay for this, not that lot.

What about Sunaks furlough scheme, it's been a godsend for millions of the " working-class"

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

the Budget on Wednesday on 11:00 - Feb 28 with 728 viewsWhiterockin

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:52 - Feb 28 by raynor94

What about Sunaks furlough scheme, it's been a godsend for millions of the " working-class"

Many stick to their own political agenda instead of looking at the bigger picture. This pandemic has affected so many irrespective of their political persuasion or "class". The furlough scheme has helped many and many have lost their job. Many people who have worked all their life to build up a business, often long hours and 7 days a week and have lost everything. Really not a subject to be trying to score points on.
the Budget on Wednesday on 11:25 - Feb 28 with 713 viewsCatullus

the Budget on Wednesday on 11:00 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

Many stick to their own political agenda instead of looking at the bigger picture. This pandemic has affected so many irrespective of their political persuasion or "class". The furlough scheme has helped many and many have lost their job. Many people who have worked all their life to build up a business, often long hours and 7 days a week and have lost everything. Really not a subject to be trying to score points on.

Political point scoring is all we've got though! We have no control over it, all we can do is talkabout it from our point of view which inevitably means some point scoring.

In the tories case anything good they do is always outweighed by the bad to a dyed in the wool anti tory.

Sunak was, this morning, talking about 40 more hospitals thousands more nurses and those 20k new police officers. In all likelyhood we won't see any of that because we know the Senedd (well Drakeford) won't take anything from England, nothing with preconditions as he put it.
So what will the budget say for Wales and what will the Senedd do. My first guess would be Drakeford will moan we haven't been given enough and then commit a large chunk of what we do have to South East Wales.

See, point scoring, I can't help it!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

the Budget on Wednesday on 11:29 - Feb 28 with 708 viewsWhiterockin

the Budget on Wednesday on 11:25 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Political point scoring is all we've got though! We have no control over it, all we can do is talkabout it from our point of view which inevitably means some point scoring.

In the tories case anything good they do is always outweighed by the bad to a dyed in the wool anti tory.

Sunak was, this morning, talking about 40 more hospitals thousands more nurses and those 20k new police officers. In all likelyhood we won't see any of that because we know the Senedd (well Drakeford) won't take anything from England, nothing with preconditions as he put it.
So what will the budget say for Wales and what will the Senedd do. My first guess would be Drakeford will moan we haven't been given enough and then commit a large chunk of what we do have to South East Wales.

You have a point.
the Budget on Wednesday on 12:57 - Feb 28 with 665 viewspikeypaul

The Universal benefit bonus was a massive giveaway,it’s been extended to over a year now, something the working or rather not working class seem to think was permanent, strange how they think it costs more to stay at home all day doing nothing the same as they were doing pre pandemic.In fact they do not even need to go and sign on so their expenses would be less.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

the Budget on Wednesday on 13:16 - Feb 28 with 644 viewsCatullus

the Budget on Wednesday on 12:57 - Feb 28 by pikeypaul

The Universal benefit bonus was a massive giveaway,it’s been extended to over a year now, something the working or rather not working class seem to think was permanent, strange how they think it costs more to stay at home all day doing nothing the same as they were doing pre pandemic.In fact they do not even need to go and sign on so their expenses would be less.

Swings and roundabouts, my wife is working from home and my son home from school so we have a tv on all day, 2 computers on all day, more phone use and (my wife being a freezer) we've had the heating on a lot. There's been more cooking too.

We saved money in petrol but spent more in gas and electricity. We are better off over all, others will be different.

The saving on petrol and wear and tear on the car is massive, and I lowered my insurance too. We're saving about £150.

the Budget on Wednesday on 13:54 - Feb 28 with 617 viewspikeypaul

I am talking about the jobless on Universal credit, I understand people working from home will spend more at home but save on transport and eating out.
Why would an extra 30% in benefits a jobless UC claimer be appropriate during the pandemic since nothing for them has changed, and why do 24 hour 7.day a week unpaid carers who save the country about £800 a week in allowing someone live at home and not need a care home get nothing on top of the £67 a week they are expected to live , whilst the jobless doing nothing get their “pandemic bonus”
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 13:58]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

the Budget on Wednesday on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 562 viewsFireboy2

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:52 - Feb 28 by raynor94

And for the people who have claimed it and still carried on working without playing taxes for that work.
the Budget on Wednesday on 18:29 - Feb 28 with 534 viewsJoe_bradshaw

the Budget on Wednesday on 13:16 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Swings and roundabouts, my wife is working from home and my son home from school so we have a tv on all day, 2 computers on all day, more phone use and (my wife being a freezer) we've had the heating on a lot. There's been more cooking too.

We saved money in petrol but spent more in gas and electricity. We are better off over all, others will be different.

The saving on petrol and wear and tear on the car is massive, and I lowered my insurance too. We're saving about £150.

I should have married a freezer as well. Preferably one full of steak and legs of lamb among other things.

The other advantage would be when she nags you to redecorate the hall, stairs and landing you can switch her off.

Come to think of it a robot wife would be absolutely brilliant.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

the Budget on Wednesday on 19:50 - Feb 28 with 499 viewspencoedjack

the Budget on Wednesday on 11:25 - Feb 28 by Catullus

It’s not South East Wales it’s Cardiff I’m sure the people of Newport would agree.
the Budget on Wednesday on 19:58 - Feb 28 with 492 viewsCatullus

the Budget on Wednesday on 18:29 - Feb 28 by Joe_bradshaw

I should have married a freezer as well. Preferably one full of steak and legs of lamb among other things.

The other advantage would be when she nags you to redecorate the hall, stairs and landing you can switch her off.

Come to think of it a robot wife would be absolutely brilliant.

A robot wife??? Nah I prefer the cuddly bits to be, well...cuddly!

She's terrible, we've been sat here, me ina t shirt and shorts and her putting the fire on and wrapped up in a blanket. Mind you I used to work outdoors and she's always worked in an office, any correlation do you think?

Maybe Sunak should offer a heating bonus for NHS admin staff

Pikey, people on universal credit could be working too mind.

the Budget on Wednesday on 20:31 - Feb 28 with 479 viewspencoedjack

I have no issue to pay more tax as long as it doesn’t go to those who scrounge of the state when they are capable of working.
the Budget on Wednesday on 20:36 - Feb 28 with 471 viewsmajorraglan

the Budget on Wednesday on 20:31 - Feb 28 by pencoedjack

I have no issue to pay more tax as long as it doesn’t go to those who scrounge of the state when they are capable of working.

Good call, I’d also like to see the online traders who’ve put our high street to the sword and who pay minimal tax here be made to pay a fair share.
the Budget on Wednesday on 22:00 - Feb 28 with 439 viewspikeypaul

the Budget on Wednesday on 20:36 - Feb 28 by majorraglan

Good call, I’d also like to see the online traders who’ve put our high street to the sword and who pay minimal tax here be made to pay a fair share.

Totally agree the likes of Amazon need to pay far more, but I think we need to realise times are changing we are not in the 1970s anymore and the High Street has had its day like it or not.Covid has just accelerated its inevitable death,people by nature will take the cheapest most convenient option and that is 99% of the time online.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:01]

the Budget on Wednesday on 12:16 - Mar 1 with 375 viewsfelixstowe_jack

the Budget on Wednesday on 10:33 - Feb 28 by builthjack

I personally have not received a penny. Never have.
They need to get taxes off the huge companies that hardly pay any.
Anyone with offshore accounts, investigate them. If they are operating in the UK then get their taxes off them.
But they won't, they will hit the person earning 20k a year. Directly and indirectly.
Richer get richer. Poorer get poorer.
Tories eh.

Under labour of course everyone get poorer except the Blairs who made a fortune with his property developed and human rights laws.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

the Budget on Wednesday on 12:45 - Mar 1 with 356 viewsBillyChong

the Budget on Wednesday on 22:00 - Feb 28 by pikeypaul

Totally agree the likes of Amazon need to pay far more, but I think we need to realise times are changing we are not in the 1970s anymore and the High Street has had its day like it or not.Covid has just accelerated its inevitable death,people by nature will take the cheapest most convenient option and that is 99% of the time online.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:01]

Tell that to the idiots shouting ‘oPen thE shOps me kidz av got oles in theyre clothes’. Posting such nonsense on social media instead of opening another browser and ordering whatever guff they need to be delivered to the door.
the Budget on Wednesday on 09:37 - Mar 3 with 259 viewsbritferry

I wonder if he'll have a pint?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024