Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exceeding Expectations 23:23 - Mar 9 with 10447 viewsAndyCole

Despite the doom and gloom of some of our weak, entitled passive supporters we are massively exceeding expectations.

The weak willed sheeple need to take some time to think, clearly.

- joint 2nd in the league with a game in hand
- win the game in hand, 3 points clear of the chasing pack
- 2nd in games lost
- joint 2nd with leaders Norwich in # goals against
- for the run-in :
- recently beaten leaders Norwich 2-0
- beaten leading contenders Watford
- drew with main rivals Brentford
- smashed most in-form team Barnsley 2-0 twice
- 10 pts ahead of Play-off chasers ex-prem league Bournemouth, with a game in hand
- 12 pts ahead of arch rivals Crapdiff, with a game in hand
- Outfoxed the wiliest Warnock and O'Neill, and Hughton

All on a relative shoestring.

For the twps that always say "Yeah, but No, We Should OF".

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Exceeding Expectations on 23:26 - Mar 9 with 3404 viewsFireboy2

Hes back, moaning about people moaning.
Exceeding Expectations on 02:06 - Mar 10 with 3357 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 23:26 - Mar 9 by Fireboy2

Hes back, moaning about people moaning.

Hard to argue against though...

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Exceeding Expectations on 07:23 - Mar 10 with 3342 viewsFireboy2

Exceeding Expectations on 02:06 - Mar 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Hard to argue against though...

Alot of his posts are him basically moaning about people moaning about the team.

And he's got the cheek to call me a loser.

Ateotd people have an opinion, some peoples glasses are half full, some are half empty, its the way of the world, wtf does he expect? For everyone to be positive when we are clearly not playing well? That is simlply never going to happen.
Exceeding Expectations on 07:40 - Mar 10 with 3335 viewspencoedjack

I agree
Exceeding Expectations on 08:19 - Mar 10 with 3320 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 07:40 - Mar 10 by pencoedjack

I agree

The weak will inherit the earth.

And we've got great dreams of Heaven.

and for you,me ol chum Macca...

listen to the lyrics

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:12 - Mar 10 with 3293 viewsCatullus

Hmm, internet issues, I posted but it vanished! I will try again.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 14:13]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Exceeding Expectations on 14:22 - Mar 10 with 3268 viewsswancity

Very true

They just live a moan and whinge. It’s in their make up.

Thankfully it’s not too many of them

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Exceeding Expectations on 14:23 - Mar 10 with 3266 viewsCatullus

When you say - For the twps that always say "Yeah, but No, We Should OF". I'm sure you mean "should HAVE" or are you a bit twp.

Our position is clearly very good but what worries the rest of us is, unless we improve we may throw away a great chance for automatic promotion, carry on happy clapping if you like, the rest of us want us to play better and not be rescued by penalties, we can't rely on a penalty every game.

We didn't outfox Warnock, his team were clearly and obviously better on the day and we got lucky.

Carry on being critical if you like, maybe you get off on it BUT, don't criticise other people's intellects when you are so clearly no brighter than anyone else on here and so obviously not as bright as several of them.

None of us are entitled, we don't believe we deserve to win because we are SCFC bt unlike you we can see things are wrong and even Cooper has said we were poor yesterday. Maybe you should contact Coops and ask him why he's being a weak willed, passive sheeple?

PS, how are people speaking up about their concerns being passive? Passive means doing or saying nothing, again, you say something that's none too bright.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Exceeding Expectations on 14:38 - Mar 10 with 3242 viewsonehunglow

It is simply the case,Cat,of phallic waving. Nobody can be happy right now.
Ok we lie in a high position but really to insult interlects over the simple fact of disagreeing with a fellow fan's view/Holy Baby Jesus.Folks get a grip.
What you are seeing is not a lie

A pretty clueless manager .
Worn out players who have not been rested when they could.Hence injuries.
An abject keeper who really should not be playing in goal. His lack of courage is what you aw when backing off from a forward last night . It was picked up on by Trnds himself who ,whilst "positive" in mindset is pretty much ripping his very smartly coiffeured hair out.
A lad in Cabngo that is performing an an incredible level having to cover from the anonymous Naughton,another who should never ever be now at our club.
and finally,Routledge,bless him. Nice lad,great pro but to come on as an impact player? Hey,come on. Is that the bets we have .?A 36 yr old who is winding down his career.

This is not a mirage.

This is why fans are peed off.

Most wouldn't post on here for fear of abuse from the likes of -well y know who.

I "pray" for 3 things at end of season

New manager

New Owner

A goalkeeper.

Now ...off ya go 3 2 1

Exceeding Expectations on 14:44 - Mar 10 with 3243 viewsThornburyswan

Some good points & not many I would disagree with - other then the outfoxed line - but even the most rose tinted glass wearing kind should be able to see a few things :-

1. Our form has dipped in recent weeks in all parts of the pitch.
2. Cooper generally selects his starting 11 from around 14/15 players several of whom are significantly off form currently.
3. Our formation is very rigid making it relatively simple for opposition teams to counter attack our limited attacking threat - clearly penalties aside - & to date Cooper seems unwilling to vary that formation/approach.

Now for me if we finish poorly & either drop to 7th/8th it will still have been a solid season - I expected upper mid-table with a shot at last play-off spot like last season - but we find ourselves in joint 2nd with a game in hand so our collective angst (well mine anyway) is all about trying to grab the opportunity for 2nd as I for one would not fancy us in the play-offs unless we see a marked uplift in form.
Exceeding Expectations on 14:47 - Mar 10 with 3229 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 14:44 - Mar 10 by Thornburyswan

Some good points & not many I would disagree with - other then the outfoxed line - but even the most rose tinted glass wearing kind should be able to see a few things :-

2. Cooper generally selects his starting 11 from around 14/15 players several of whom are significantly off form currently.
3. Our formation is very rigid making it relatively simple for opposition teams to counter attack our limited attacking threat - clearly penalties aside - & to date Cooper seems unwilling to vary that formation/approach.

Now for me if we finish poorly & either drop to 7th/8th it will still have been a solid season - I expected upper mid-table with a shot at last play-off spot like last season - but we find ourselves in joint 2nd with a game in hand so our collective angst (well mine anyway) is all about trying to grab the opportunity for 2nd as I for one would not fancy us in the play-offs unless we see a marked uplift in form.

Brave and honest
We cant go on as we are.Luck will run out eventually.

The players deserve better as do we.

Sorry,just my opinion

Exceeding Expectations on 16:56 - Mar 10 with 3203 viewsABERSWAN

Exceeding Expectations on 14:44 - Mar 10 by Thornburyswan

Point 3, is something I agree with, and hoped he would tweak. Teams are definitely coming more onto us now, and that’s been putting us under pressure at the back and making silly mistakes. Hard to play out from the back, when the opposition are quickly closing down. I personally, would go to a back 4, and add an extra midfielder and start bossing games from the middle of the park. CH allowed to drift forward, and play in Lowe and Ayew. I see many think Hourihane unbalances the side, but with an extra man in midfield to cover, he can dictate games a bit more, so he isn’t having to track back. 4 3 1 2 formation.
Exceeding Expectations on 23:11 - Mar 17 with 3087 viewsAndyCole

Reality check.

We are still way beyond the expectations of many challenged posters when you look at the level of negativity of some our beauts. If we translated that level of negativity into expectation we'd be relegation fodder, doomed for the drop and worse.

The irrational are still unable to fathom how we are where we are. No surprises there. It's all about luck according to some. Yet reaching the play-offs last year, learning, developing and kicking on and now looking ever stronger is testament to hard work, clever recruitment, clever strategies and match tactics.

Yeah, but we should "of"......signed Pukki, Toney, got rid of Cooper.

Let's hope we continue to dumbfound our pettifogging twps, and exceed their lowly expectations all the way to the next level.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Exceeding Expectations on 09:17 - Mar 18 with 3021 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Exceeding Expectations on 23:11 - Mar 17 by AndyCole

Reality check.

We are still way beyond the expectations of many challenged posters when you look at the level of negativity of some our beauts. If we translated that level of negativity into expectation we'd be relegation fodder, doomed for the drop and worse.

The irrational are still unable to fathom how we are where we are. No surprises there. It's all about luck according to some. Yet reaching the play-offs last year, learning, developing and kicking on and now looking ever stronger is testament to hard work, clever recruitment, clever strategies and match tactics.

Let's hope we continue to dumbfound our pettifogging twps, and exceed their lowly expectations all the way to the next level.

Do you think losing an automatic promotion spot and sinking into the playoffs as a positive? With very little sign that the players can summon up enough energy to play the way we did for large parts of the season? If you do you’re delusional .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Exceeding Expectations on 09:22 - Mar 18 with 3015 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 23:11 - Mar 17 by AndyCole

Reality check.

Stick to reffing Keith.
Exceeding Expectations on 09:35 - Mar 18 with 3006 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Exceeding Expectations on 09:22 - Mar 18 by 34dfgdf54

Stick to reffing Keith.

He goes on about irrationally. Self unaware

Exceeding Expectations on 10:21 - Mar 18 with 2982 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 09:17 - Mar 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Do you think losing an automatic promotion spot and sinking into the playoffs as a positive? With very little sign that the players can summon up enough energy to play the way we did for large parts of the season? If you do you’re delusional .

Don't bank on a play off place either.
It' irrelevant anyway and just extend the agony for our players under Steve

Exceeding Expectations on 10:21 - Mar 18 with 2987 viewsBadlands

Exceeding Expectations on 09:17 - Mar 18 by Brynmill_Jack

With you on this except, apart from a rare game or few halves, I don't think we have played well this season.
I think the table watchers don't care about quality, I do because it has a knock in effect, as we saw with Monk and the seasons that followed.
Some seem to think that if players are paid a lot of money they should never be fatigued!
Others (with some overlap) believe we could be competing at this level without sound financial management and that when 'Dai the chips' or the Sultan of a table.
I didn’t' start supporting Swansea Town because of the league table position.
No matter what our position I want to see the team play well and do well on the pitch which means sadness at playing hoofball, annoyance at coughing up points on bad performances and anger failing to maintain a standard our players have shown they can achieve because of aching / managing decisions.
Irrespective of league position I am not enjoying this season; the thought of Cooper managing us in the Premier League playing the way he has us playing this season is a worry.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Exceeding Expectations on 10:32 - Mar 18 with 2975 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 10:21 - Mar 18 by Badlands

With you on this except, apart from a rare game or few halves, I don't think we have played well this season.
I think the table watchers don't care about quality, I do because it has a knock in effect, as we saw with Monk and the seasons that followed.
Some seem to think that if players are paid a lot of money they should never be fatigued!
Others (with some overlap) believe we could be competing at this level without sound financial management and that when 'Dai the chips' or the Sultan of a table.
No matter what our position I want to see the team play well and do well on the pitch which means sadness at playing hoofball, annoyance at coughing up points on bad performances and anger failing to maintain a standard our players have shown they can achieve because of aching / managing decisions.
Irrespective of league position I am not enjoying this season; the thought of Cooper managing us in the Premier League playing the way he has us playing this season is a worry.

Morn Bd
Worry ye not.More chance of me getting on Naked Attraction .

Steve will be gone this June ,trust me.

We can then rebuild as we should have done.Hopefully,though given how dumb our owners are,they could give him an extending contract.

Rather that stop complaining, we should START complaining. If we were in stadium,we would be -loudly and Cooper knows that.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:45 - Mar 18 with 2972 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Exceeding Expectations on 10:21 - Mar 18 by Badlands

I think we have played some decent passing football this season. Brentford and Norwich away were two of our best performances of the season - dominated the ball for vast periods before losing one and merely drawing the other. We showed what we were capable of. Paradoxically we have very often relied on our physicality and sheer will to wing on other occasions. Both are good for me but what’s vital is we go up this season. Things will get financially tricky if we don’t which will make being as competitive next season very tricky.

If we go up do we ditch Cooper for a more “Swansea” type manager? A big question. If we don’t go up will he be sacked? Who knows .

Whatever happens we must get promoted this season to allow a rebuilding of our playing side and to ease other pressures.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:59 - Mar 18 with 2967 viewsBadlands

Exceeding Expectations on 10:45 - Mar 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I think we have played some decent passing football this season. Brentford and Norwich away were two of our best performances of the season - dominated the ball for vast periods before losing one and merely drawing the other. We showed what we were capable of. Paradoxically we have very often relied on our physicality and sheer will to wing on other occasions. Both are good for me but what’s vital is we go up this season. Things will get financially tricky if we don’t which will make being as competitive next season very tricky.

If we go up do we ditch Cooper for a more “Swansea” type manager? A big question. If we don’t go up will he be sacked? Who knows .

Whatever happens we must get promoted this season to allow a rebuilding of our playing side and to ease other pressures.

I can't agree on the quality of football ... opinions.
The Cooper questions are interesting.
If we were to gain promotion and look to play a more Swansea style we'd have to replace Cooper, probably have to replace the entire back room and dismantle the squad. Given our reliance on loan players, especially the ones Cooper knew from his and his staff's previous jobs, putting together a competitive squad would be a mammoth task.
IMO, if we were to go up and keep Cooper, even with better individual players, it would be an embarrassment.
I think our best hope would be for him to receive an offer he couldn't refuse.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Exceeding Expectations on 11:15 - Mar 18 with 2959 viewsCatullus

Exceeding Expectations on 09:22 - Mar 18 by 34dfgdf54

Stick to reffing Keith.

Is he a ref...seriously? Well that explains why he gets it wrong so often then

Exceeding Expectations on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 2955 viewsCatullus

What Andy Cile clearly doesn't understand is, the team are not way ahead of our expectations, when we hit the play offs and stayed there expectations were raised, when we started looking like a serious bet for an automatic spot they were raised further, now the team are performing below expectations.

AC, be happy if you like that the taem are still in a play off spot, be happy with the well below par performances. I guess that means you wouldn't be complaining if we ended up getting thrashed in the play of semi's? That's assuming we make the play offs. The way we are playing that could be in doubt. 10 point gap with 9 games to play, it's all possible.

We need to start playing better and not keep making excuses. Cooper needs to be less rigid, unless of course (as some have said) he actually is clueless and doesn't know what to do.

Exceeding Expectations on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 2939 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 11:28 - Mar 18 by Catullus

What Andy Cile clearly doesn't understand is, the team are not way ahead of our expectations, when we hit the play offs and stayed there expectations were raised, when we started looking like a serious bet for an automatic spot they were raised further, now the team are performing below expectations.

AC, be happy if you like that the taem are still in a play off spot, be happy with the well below par performances. I guess that means you wouldn't be complaining if we ended up getting thrashed in the play of semi's? That's assuming we make the play offs. The way we are playing that could be in doubt. 10 point gap with 9 games to play, it's all possible.

We need to start playing better and not keep making excuses. Cooper needs to be less rigid, unless of course (as some have said) he actually is clueless and doesn't know what to do.

Were expectations raised falsely high though?

I think we have been performing well above our ability for a long time. There is zero chance we have the top 2 best squads in the league. zero.

Victims of our own success springs to mind. With the squad at our disposal, our form was completely unsustainable. Blaming someone for that when it dips below what was unnaturally high levels.. seems madness.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 11:59]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Exceeding Expectations on 12:09 - Mar 18 with 2930 viewsReslovenSwan1

Exceeding Expectations on 11:56 - Mar 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Were expectations raised falsely high though?

I think we have been performing well above our ability for a long time. There is zero chance we have the top 2 best squads in the league. zero.

Victims of our own success springs to mind. With the squad at our disposal, our form was completely unsustainable. Blaming someone for that when it dips below what was unnaturally high levels.. seems madness.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 11:59]

The season is 46 games long potetilly 49 and whatever the expectations, are or were, and whatever the position was in the league the manager should use his squad players sustainably as number one priority. The players should all be protrected and managed to maintain top performance levels for 49 games.

Like in formual 1 the team must make sure you run out of gas 200m past the finish post. If this team imploads in the next ten games with Arriola Whitaker Freeman barely getting a kick there should be some sort of internal review.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024