Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senedd election 22:58 - Apr 4 with 17445 viewsCwmafanJack

How do you see it ending up?
Personally can see labour loosing quite a few votes to plaid not enough to make a significant difference though.
Can see the tories doing better than expected but abolish taking votes off them. Odds on labour plaid coalition.
Constituency changes can't see many.
Plaid to take llanelli and maybe Carmarthen west and south pembs with outside chance Caerphilly, Cardiff west
Tories to take Bridgend and maybe one or two up north east Wales.
Labour not to win any new seats

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Senedd election on 18:31 - Apr 5 with 1217 viewsWingstandwood

A lot of Southerners/London types living down Gower nowadays!

They can sell a rather small/modest terraced house on Carthew Road in Hammersmith for £1,585,000 and buy a house by the sea and still have a million to spare.

Argus!

Senedd election on 18:35 - Apr 5 with 1207 viewsonehunglow

Senedd election on 18:31 - Apr 5 by Wingstandwood

They can sell a rather small/modest terraced house on Carthew Road in Hammersmith for £1,585,000 and buy a house by the sea and still have a million to spare.

Yep and who the feck would willingly live in Hammersmith.

Quality of life in London !.Not for me

North Yorks is a place that many S/E people move to. Big open country with friendly helpful folk.No language barriers in schools too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Senedd election on 18:38 - Apr 5 with 1204 viewsjack247

Yeah and the rhetoric peddled by a vocal, insular, minority is that is pricing local 21 year olds out of £585k houses.
Senedd election on 18:47 - Apr 5 with 1192 viewsDr_Winston

I know a guy who retired down here after working as an Electrical Engineer on the Tube for 40 years, although he didn't sell his house in London for that much. About half I think.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Senedd election on 19:00 - Apr 5 with 1178 viewsWingstandwood

Senedd election on 18:47 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

I know a guy who retired down here after working as an Electrical Engineer on the Tube for 40 years, although he didn't sell his house in London for that much. About half I think.

It's still good going for that guy at even at half that i.e. nearly £800,000!

BTW Carthew Road has gone upmarket i.e. progresssed from typical working class to middle class in a matter of not too many decades. A sought after postcode location that can add many more hundreds of thousands onto a house price.

Argus!

Senedd election on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 1158 viewsDr_Winston

Senedd election on 19:00 - Apr 5 by Wingstandwood

It's still good going for that guy at even at half that i.e. nearly £800,000!

BTW Carthew Road has gone upmarket i.e. progresssed from typical working class to middle class in a matter of not too many decades. A sought after postcode location that can add many more hundreds of thousands onto a house price.

Not sure where his old house was. He's down near Reynoldston now.

Irony is before Covid he spent half his time either in Oz with his kids or in South Africa where his wife is from.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Senedd election on 19:39 - Apr 5 with 1140 viewstrampie

Senedd election on 18:16 - Apr 5 by jack247

Yeah in pockets, Haverfordwest, Tenby etc, some parts of the North that aren’t too far from the North West of England. The overwhelming majority of people living in Wales aren’t retirees from Surrey. If they were, Labour wouldn’t landslide every election.

The ones that do come here don’t tend to buy average houses, they buy big and pay massive land transaction tax for the privilege.

Wales won’t progress with your ‘other side of the dyke’ xenophobic mentality.

Gloaty McGloaterson #FBPE,🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇫🇷 🇪🇺 (@barry_bottle) Tweeted: @TheLav3 @NationCymru English people living in Wales tilted it towards Brexit, research finds

https://t.co/AtjqyNnp9v
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 19:43]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Senedd election on 19:45 - Apr 5 with 1119 viewstrampie

For most of the last 20 years 4 out of my 5 nearest neighbours are English.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

Senedd election on 19:47 - Apr 5 with 1117 viewspencoedjack

Senedd election on 19:39 - Apr 5 by trampie

Gloaty McGloaterson #FBPE,🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇫🇷 🇪🇺 (@barry_bottle) Tweeted: @TheLav3 @NationCymru English people living in Wales tilted it towards Brexit, research finds

Probably more to do with a high % of Welsh people having some sense.

Is that the indys next excuse there are too many English people living in Wales .....
Senedd election on 19:48 - Apr 5 with 1115 viewsjack247

Senedd election on 19:39 - Apr 5 by trampie

You’re quoting Gloaty McGlosterson?
Senedd election on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 1113 viewsWingstandwood

Senedd election on 19:45 - Apr 5 by trampie

For most of the last 20 years 4 out of my 5 nearest neighbours are English.

Up arrow there, the union gets stronger with every passing year!

Argus!

Senedd election on 19:56 - Apr 5 with 1101 viewstrampie

Senedd election on 19:47 - Apr 5 by pencoedjack

Probably more to do with a high % of Welsh people having some sense.

Is that the indys next excuse there are too many English people living in Wales .....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/wales/10878554/Welsh-could-become-a-mino

Senedd election on 20:08 - Apr 5 with 1077 viewsCatullus

Senedd election on 18:38 - Apr 5 by jack247

Yeah and the rhetoric peddled by a vocal, insular, minority is that is pricing local 21 year olds out of £585k houses.

The houses don't cost that much but the prices have risen considerably because of rich buyers from outside Wales. I'm not moaning, it's the way of the world.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Senedd election on 20:38 - Apr 5 with 1055 viewstrampie

Senedd election on 20:08 - Apr 5 by Catullus

The houses don't cost that much but the prices have risen considerably because of rich buyers from outside Wales. I'm not moaning, it's the way of the world.

It is surprising the cost of houses even in Wales, no wonder they say it can be hard for younger people to get on the ladder, particularly some nicer parts of Wales that also might have tourism as the main employer and that pays in lots of cases notoriously low wages.

Senedd election on 20:50 - Apr 5 with 1046 viewsjack247

Senedd election on 20:38 - Apr 5 by trampie

It is surprising the cost of houses even in Wales, no wonder they say it can be hard for younger people to get on the ladder, particularly some nicer parts of Wales that also might have tourism as the main employer and that pays in lots of cases notoriously low wages.

People who retire here from more affluent areas, or rich local people buying £500k houses doesn’t stop youngsters getting on the ladder. They are fishing in different pools.

Youngsters struggling to get their first house isn’t exclusive to Wales or to desirable locations.

Back to the point. AWA probably wouldn’t exist if the Welsh Assembly had lived up to expectations. They certainly wouldn’t have a chance at any seats in May.
Senedd election on 21:46 - Apr 5 with 1020 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Senedd election on 23:31 - Apr 4 by Kilkennyjack

Keep the Tory party out.

No welsh person should ever vote Abolish.

Maybe, just maybe, some of us Welsh folk are fed up of the minutiae of daily life being dictated to them by a puritan pensioner that literally nobody in Wales voted for? Hell, the vast majority of the country didn't even vote for his party last time out, but here we are with Drakeford and the Welsh Government 'in charge' (and I use that term loosely) of the response to a global pandemic on the strength of a 35% vote share of a 45% turnout.

Meanwhile my MP and the 39 other Welsh MPs, elected in an election which saw 66.6% turnout in Wales, are completely powerless to do anything to stop the little power trip that Drakeford is so clearly enjoying. Say what you want about the Westminster government's Covid response (and it has been far from perfect) but I absolutely believe that it should have been lead centrally from HM government, and not some clowns and chancers down Cardiff bay who are to governance what the Welsh Premier League is to elite football.

And this time next week, England will be significantly more 'open' than we are despite the fact we went into lockdown two weeks earlier. And did I mention Drakeford wants to keep some restrictions into next year? (Presumably reluctant to give up the power he has somehow been afforded by Covid)

But yeah, just HOW could any Welsh person vote for Abolish?
Senedd election on 21:50 - Apr 5 with 1012 viewspencoedjack

Senedd election on 21:46 - Apr 5 by LittleEnglandJack

Maybe, just maybe, some of us Welsh folk are fed up of the minutiae of daily life being dictated to them by a puritan pensioner that literally nobody in Wales voted for? Hell, the vast majority of the country didn't even vote for his party last time out, but here we are with Drakeford and the Welsh Government 'in charge' (and I use that term loosely) of the response to a global pandemic on the strength of a 35% vote share of a 45% turnout.

Meanwhile my MP and the 39 other Welsh MPs, elected in an election which saw 66.6% turnout in Wales, are completely powerless to do anything to stop the little power trip that Drakeford is so clearly enjoying. Say what you want about the Westminster government's Covid response (and it has been far from perfect) but I absolutely believe that it should have been lead centrally from HM government, and not some clowns and chancers down Cardiff bay who are to governance what the Welsh Premier League is to elite football.

And this time next week, England will be significantly more 'open' than we are despite the fact we went into lockdown two weeks earlier. And did I mention Drakeford wants to keep some restrictions into next year? (Presumably reluctant to give up the power he has somehow been afforded by Covid)

Why do you bother replying to a kid who knows nothing about life?
Senedd election on 21:51 - Apr 5 with 1011 viewsFlashberryjack

100%

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Senedd election on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 997 viewstrampie

The vast majority of Welsh MPs are Labour.

Senedd election on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 997 viewsGwyn737

Senedd election on 20:50 - Apr 5 by jack247

People who retire here from more affluent areas, or rich local people buying £500k houses doesn’t stop youngsters getting on the ladder. They are fishing in different pools.

Youngsters struggling to get their first house isn’t exclusive to Wales or to desirable locations.

Back to the point. AWA probably wouldn’t exist if the Welsh Assembly had lived up to expectations. They certainly wouldn’t have a chance at any seats in May.

This is a really important point. Locals having house prices stopping them from getting on the ladder isn’t exclusive to Londoners moving to Wales - it’s the same in parts of Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, North Yorkshire etc.

A much bigger issue is house prices in general and how timing of your first purchase has such an impact on your options. I’ll be forever grateful that when I bought my first flat in 2000, it was the time of 100% mortgages which allowed me to get a start. I’m so glad I don’t have to start now.

What chance have the youngsters of today got?
Senedd election on 22:00 - Apr 5 with 984 viewstrampie

Senedd election on 20:50 - Apr 5 by jack247

It pushes up property prices.

Senedd election on 22:02 - Apr 5 with 972 viewsScotia

I'd add to that.

We also have considerably lower levels of infection and a higher vaccine uptake. There is no excuse for us to be opening after England.

Gym's still closed and outside hospitality still closed with Westminster picking up the furlough bill. Not to mention the impacts on well-being or physical health of them remaining closed.

The problem is, we have no alternative, the less people who vote Labour will see more Plaid seats. It will be a Plaid / Labour coalition and therefore more of the same.

I can see a few tory gains in regional seats and maybe a handful of AWA, but I think the biggest kick up the butt for Welsh Labour would be if Drakeford lost his seat. That would make my day.
Senedd election on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 958 viewsGwyn737

Senedd election on 22:02 - Apr 5 by Scotia

I'd add to that.

We also have considerably lower levels of infection and a higher vaccine uptake. There is no excuse for us to be opening after England.

Gym's still closed and outside hospitality still closed with Westminster picking up the furlough bill. Not to mention the impacts on well-being or physical health of them remaining closed.

The problem is, we have no alternative, the less people who vote Labour will see more Plaid seats. It will be a Plaid / Labour coalition and therefore more of the same.

I can see a few tory gains in regional seats and maybe a handful of AWA, but I think the biggest kick up the butt for Welsh Labour would be if Drakeford lost his seat. That would make my day.

I reckon is been played simply politically.

You open everything a little bit after England and say “We care about you more - they’re really mean aren’t they?”
Senedd election on 22:09 - Apr 5 with 952 viewsraynor94

Senedd election on 22:00 - Apr 5 by trampie

It pushes up property prices.

What, locals making massive profits, selling to the damned English

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Senedd election on 22:18 - Apr 5 with 937 viewsScotia

Senedd election on 22:07 - Apr 5 by Gwyn737

I reckon is been played simply politically.

You open everything a little bit after England and say “We care about you more - they’re really mean aren’t they?”

That is it in a nutshell.

Justifying their existence. Wales being different is completely pointless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024