Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY 17:00 - Apr 11 with 8676 viewsNotLoyal

This game is another game in the EFL Championship, it could a game that Swansea have in hand, but for a game of football that’s silly and makes it rugby. If Swansea perform as they did on Saturday, then if Sheffield Wednesday play the same as Millwall, then the swans will win 3-0.

EFL Championship
Tuesday April 13th 2021
Kick off 6pm
Hillsborough, Sheffield

Match Officials
JEREMY SIMPSON
Jonathan Hunt and Wade Smith
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Watch the game on iFollow and Swans TV

Remember the home game at the Liberty, that was the game referee Andy Woolmer was accused by Steve Cooper of having personal grudges towards him. Cooper was fined, but nothing came about as a result of Cooper’s remarks.

Tango man, yup, the banned fat bloke

Paul Gregory, aka Tango, was banned for two years from Hillsborough after insulting female stewards. That was in September 2019. As it’s now 2021 and hardly any supporters since then have seen a game his ban will be very short. Lucky fat bastard.

Sheffield Wednesday record v Swansea City
Games won: 13
Games drawn: 13
Games lost: 8

Sacked by both clubs

Garry’s Monk, pointing at his shirt and being all loyal, hard luck that’s me pal

Mr Monk was manager at Swansea and Sheffield Wednesday before he was sacked. He has also been sacked by Middlesbrough and other clubs like Birmingham City. Oh, and Leeds. There may have been others. He is currently somewhere else, probably spending all the pay off money he hasn’t earned. We don’t really know as his Mrs, who for some reason tweets about football ( well, it pays her bills ) hasn’t been arguing with other women in the world she travels in called “I’m special because I married a footballer” If anyone finds this annoying, then put a letter through Monks letter box, I did and I rang the door bell. He was home, I had been watching him for three days. It could have been a bit longer but I ran out of my meds after two days, and my toes hurt from the whispering.

Injury and latest news
Sheffield Wednesday will be without Massimo Luongo for the rest of the season after a fresh update on his injury situation emerged ahead of tonight’s Championship outing. The Owls have been putting in the final touches ahead of their clash with promotion-chasing Swansea City this evening and the injury situation at Hillsborough Stadium is still pretty bleak. It has now been revealed that the Australian midfielder will not return for their final six league games.

Ben Cabango has been sent away from the squad on joining up with them yesterday afternoon he breached Covid guidelines on the weekend- putting the whole team at risk.

BBC Reported

Ben Cabango has been sent home by Swansea City after breaching the club's Covid-19 protocolsThe 20-year-old Wales defender has been barred from training and will not be available for Tuesday's Championship trip to Sheffield Wednesday. South Wales Police "responded to a report of a disturbance" in Swansea at around 23:00 BST on Saturday.

"Upon arrival a number of individuals were spoken to and stop-searched by officers," added the force. "No offences were identified and no further action was taken." In a statement, Swansea City said: "The club is aware of an incident involving a first-team player that occurred over the weekend. "The player in question has been sent home from the training bubble and as a result will not feature in Tuesday's game against Sheffield Wednesday. "We work closely with Public Health Wales and have a strict set of Covid-19 protocols within the club and we have made these abundantly clear to all players and staff. It is disappointing that these protocols have been breached, and as a club we expect all personnel to adhere to such guidelines in a manner that is indicative of the huge sacrifices made by so many."The club will now conclude the matter internally."

Latest two hours before Kick Off
Chey Dunkley is expected to miss out due to a hamstring issue although Joost van Aken and midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru have returned to full training. Defender Moses Odubajo, midfielder Massimo Luongo, centre-back Dominic Iorfa and goalkeeper Cameron Dawson will all miss out.

For the visitors, striker Liam Cullen closing in on a return to action following almost three months out with an ankle injury. Goalkeeper Steven Benda is expected to play for the Under-23s this week as he steps up his recovery from an ankle issue. Paul Arriola, Jordan Morris and Tivonge Rushesha are all out for the season.

Sheffield Wednesday: Keiren Westwood, Liam Palmer, Sam Hutchinson, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan (captain), Adam Reach, Julian Borner, Tom Lees, Josh Windass, Jordan Rhodes, Liam Shaw.

Substitutes: Joe Wildsmith, Callum Paterson, Kadeem Harris, Matt Penney, Andre Green, Osaze Urhoghide, Alex Hunt, Izzy Brown, Elias Kachunga.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Connor Roberts, Jake Bidwell, Kieron Freeman, Joel Latibeaudiere, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker.

Routledge is the difference again - as Swansea City win away again ! 13th Apr 2021 20:55
It was another very decent display by the swans with Wayne Routledge once again starring for the second away game in a row. The swans took all three points at Hillsborough, and will maintain all is not lost in the chase for second place. It wasn’t pretty, in fact again it was quite frustrating, but overall any win away from home at this stage of the season is most welcome. On seventy five points now, the play offs regardless of the maths is almost certainly guaranteed. 0

Nothing Darren Moore to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Apr 11 with 3266 viewsonehunglow

Love the city of Sheffield.
Real people,many ex steelworkers too.

Peak District on doorstep too.

Great weekend.

Great club

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:37 - Apr 11 with 3270 viewspencoedjack

4 nil Swans

4 points behind Watford come Saturday night 👍
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 18:41]
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:15 - Apr 11 with 3246 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:37 - Apr 11 by pencoedjack

4 nil Swans

4 points behind Watford come Saturday night 👍
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 18:41]

Can't see it.
3-0 Swans.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:23 - Apr 11 with 3248 viewspencoedjack

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:15 - Apr 11 by builthjack

Can't see it.
3-0 Swans.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 19:24]
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:02 - Apr 11 with 3228 viewsnantywatcher

I think it will be a tight game with very few chances. 5 -5, with ten minutes to go.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday on 20:07 - Apr 11 with 3206 viewsonehunglow

5-0 to us.Wayne gets a hat trick .

Woody saves two penalties

Cooper is offered a part in a Reality TV show

Tate smiles

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday on 20:27 - Apr 11 with 3203 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday on 20:07 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

5-0 to us.Wayne gets a hat trick .

Woody saves two penalties

Cooper is offered a part in a Reality TV show

Tate smiles

He turns the reality show down and signs a new 5 year contract on £200k a year, with a million bonus if he gets us up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday on 20:30 - Apr 11 with 3191 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday on 20:27 - Apr 11 by builthjack

He turns the reality show down and signs a new 5 year contract on £200k a year, with a million bonus if he gets us up.

I’m going to watch this golf then .

We got great dreams of

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Apr 11 with 3154 viewsNotLoyal

Will Watford buckle under the pressure ?

Let's not forget that weds scored 5 against the bottom feeders recently
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 22:25]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Apr 12 with 3108 viewsKeithHaynes

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Apr 11 by NotLoyal

Will Watford buckle under the pressure ?

Let's not forget that weds scored 5 against the bottom feeders recently
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 22:25]

They got tango’d

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:57 - Apr 12 with 2991 viewsCatullus

I want to be positive, I want a good performance, I want Lowe and Ayew to perform even better than against Millwall, I want us to put 3/4/5 on the Hoots just to try and put pressure on the buzzy ones, both of them.

I want my only complaint to be the same again, why is routs 36 and can we wind his clock back please.

We stepped up to the plate last time out, please, please, please do not take a step back!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:02 - Apr 12 with 2974 viewsOldjack

this is the team that annihilated our little cousins the other day , show them respect or peril

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Apr 12 with 2910 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:02 - Apr 12 by Oldjack

this is the team that annihilated our little cousins the other day , show them respect or peril

They looked decent v QPR in thw Quest highlights reel with Bannan and Windass looking active. Their defence is howver suspect and the keeper looked to rigid and shakey.

Swansea therefoeshould play on the front foot 3-4.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Apr 12 with 2898 viewsOldjack

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Apr 12 by ReslovenSwan1

They looked decent v QPR in thw Quest highlights reel with Bannan and Windass looking active. Their defence is howver suspect and the keeper looked to rigid and shakey.

Swansea therefoeshould play on the front foot 3-4.

on paper and their points tally we should batter them ,buttttttt............ we don't work like that we could win 0-3 and we could easily lose 3-0

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Apr 12 with 2809 viewsThornburyswan

Cabango out, sent home after Covid breach - silly boy.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Apr 12 with 2661 viewsploppy

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Apr 12 by Thornburyswan

Cabango out, sent home after Covid breach - silly boy.

A good win tomorrow, quick drive home and all round to Ben's gaff afterwards to celebrate.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:01 - Apr 13 with 2551 viewsWhiterockin

At 36 can Routledge play two games in a couple of days is the key question for me.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:43 - Apr 13 with 2522 viewsonehunglow

I thought this game was on Sky.Well,is it?
Cant see it listed in the Daily Mail.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:45 - Apr 13 with 2520 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:43 - Apr 13 by onehunglow

I thought this game was on Sky.Well,is it?
Cant see it listed in the Daily Mail.

No
And not on the Swans TV deal for season ticket holders. If you want it you pay (unless you are on the dark market
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:47 - Apr 13 with 2509 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:45 - Apr 13 by Whiterockin

No
And not on the Swans TV deal for season ticket holders. If you want it you pay (unless you are on the dark market

Thanks.
Another £7.99 then .

Costing me valuable pension money

Wayne better deliver tonight or I'll give him pelters in the morning

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:00 - Apr 13 with 2490 viewsBoundy

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:01 - Apr 13 by Whiterockin

At 36 can Routledge play two games in a couple of days is the key question for me.

No comparison I know but at 45 I could play Saturday afternoon and then on Sunday morning in the senior league, and i was no athlete

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:04 - Apr 13 with 2481 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:00 - Apr 13 by Boundy

No comparison I know but at 45 I could play Saturday afternoon and then on Sunday morning in the senior league, and i was no athlete

As you say no comparison.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 13 with 2478 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:00 - Apr 13 by Boundy

Don't give me that .
You're a titan .

I was playing (very )competitive squash until almost 60.
It's only at 70 that things started slowing down. Use it or lose it.

I still fancy getting back into motor cycling although my family might well tw@t me if I did.

At 36 ,in all modesty ,I could have played football or rugby 3 times a week and still have an active bedroom light show.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:07 - Apr 13 with 2471 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 13 by onehunglow

Don't give me that .
You're a titan .

I still fancy getting back into motor cycling although my family might well tw@t me if I did.

At 36 ,in all modesty ,I could have played football or rugby 3 times a week and still have an active bedroom light show.

And not performed well in any.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:14 - Apr 13 with 2449 viewsBoundy

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 13 by onehunglow

Don't give me that .
You're a titan .

I have to say squash i found to be the most intense sport I'd played , no rest just constant movement , and back in 74 I was at the height of my physical prowess . I still cycle , but can't run as the knees are buggered which I do miss .Anyway back to tonight I hope, Wayne & co will continue to impress 0-2 and we're back on track

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024