Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 16:16 - May 3 with 8627 viewsNotLoyal

It's the last game of the season for Watford, but not for the swans. The swans have three more games to play before getting promoted, so this is like a training game for the team. I expect some tedious play and the odd spurt followed by some wandering about. During the game there will be misplaced passes and a quick chat on the field amongst some of the players mid half, maybe an exchange of telephone numbers as well, it’s the end of the season see, some will want to move on.

Watford v Swansea City
EFL Championship
Vicarage Road
Saturday May 8th 2021
Kick Off 12.30pm

Match Officials
Geoff Eltringham will be the man in the middle when Swansea City round off the Championship season against Watford on Saturday (12.30pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans fixture for the third time this season, having overseen the win at Wycombe and the home victory over Nottingham Forest. He was also in charge of the draw at Preston last term. He has been refereeing in the EFL since 2009, and has been a regular feature in the Championship over recent seasons. will be assisted by Robert Merchant and Mark Russell, while Andy Woolmer, oh bloody hell, will be the fourth official.

Mr Dodgy is back

History
In the past, before now there have been some games between the two clubs.
Watford have lost more than they have won, but have drawn less. This is the overwhelming fact.

Games won: 17
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 23

All the games in the past 44 years have been very close affairs, surprisingly Thomas Crown has never featured in any of the games, so that’s a head scratcher. In the past 12 years all the games played between the clubs have been won by the odd goal. I expect Watford to win this by four goals to lure the other play off teams in to a false sense of security. It’s the Cooper way, and you have to respect it.

Why The Hornets ? 🐝
Unlike the Bees and their very clingy support the hornets have a bigger sting, the wasps who don’t play football but would kick the living bones out of the hornets is another strange fact. Hornets are meant to be hard, ask Eddie Brimson. We suppose then no team would be called the flys. The Mosquito is the nickname for ex Norwegian player Erik Mykland. He isn’t a whole football team, but is often seen running away from the insecticide section of local branches of “Spray the buggers” Norway’s leading store for spraying things. He does spend a lot of time hovering around tables in the summer time though.

Cheeky Steve pre match

Liam Cullen looking to shine for Swansea City against Watford 7th May 2021 17:47
After a lengthy slog, the Championship season comes to a head this weekend, although there is more action to come for the four play-off sides. We focus on Liam Cullen in a feature from Swansea Official. 1

Xisco Munoz said: "It is hard to believe we are at the last game of the season. "Everything seems to have gone so quickly, and we are very grateful for support from everywhere around this town and around the world. Swansea was the first away league game I was coach for Watford, so I know from then back in January that they are a very good team. Like us, they have had some injuries to big players which has hurt them for a while, but I expect they will want to go into the play-offs in a good moment.”

Steve Cooper said: "We want to play these 46 games and go into the play-offs knowing that we’ve given the league campaign everything that we’ve got and we’ve finished in the highest position possible. Then, when you go into the play-offs, you go there knowing you’re in a certain position for a certain reason and you don’t have any regrets. There's not one way of getting into the play-offs. We just want to go into the play-off games having known that we’ve really committed to the 46 games and it puts us in the best place going into the play-offs. That’ll be the approach going into the game on Saturday."

TEAMS

Connor Roberts makes his 150th Swansea City appearance while Steve Cooper makes four changes for the Championship finale at Watford.

Marc Guehi, Jay Fulton, Conor Hourihane and Andre Ayew all start at Vicarage Road, taking the places of Ben Cabango, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda and Morgan Whittaker following the win over Derby.

Freddie Woodman is in goal, with Guehi joining Roberts, Jake Bidwell and Ryan Bennett in the Swansea back four.

Captain Matt Grimes find himself joined by Fulton and Hourihane as they pair return in midfield.

Liam Cullen retains his place, as does Jamal Lowe, with Ayew back from a hamstring injury to complete the front three.

Watford: Ben Foster, Philip Zinckernagel, Ken Sema, Craig Cathcart (captain), Dan Gosling, Achraf Lazaar, Andre Gray, Isaac Success, Christian Kabasele, Carlos Sanchez, Marc Navarro.

Substitutes: Daniel Bachmann, William Troost-Ekong, Ben Wilmot, Troy Deeney, Joao Pedro, Adam Masina, Will Hughes, Stipe Perica, Francisco Sierralta.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guhei, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Geoff Eltringham

There is more to follow, and there will be a sting in the tail.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:43 - May 8 with 1426 viewsmax936

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:17 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

He is being personally ruthless, but if a win comes about as a result and we get the home tie second, he will say that fine.

Fair point. Ayew down.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:46 - May 8 with 1409 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:43 - May 8 by max936

Fair point. Ayew down.

Is this on I follow????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:46 - May 8 with 1409 viewsmax936

Did we have a good shout for a penalty a bit earlier, I missed it ?

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:47 - May 8 with 1401 viewsmax936

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:46 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Is this on I follow????

Ye Man

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:48 - May 8 with 1392 viewsCatullus

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:26 - May 5 by Badlands

£10 on Swans tv for what could be a friendly.
If we play important players I’d expect some agricultural takles coming in from their fringe players and attepts to get players sent off.

I haven't got it on. Both teams have little to play for, we could do with the confdence a win brings I guess butwe could also do without any injuries and suspensions so I'm dodging the game in case my blood pressure suffers.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:49 - May 8 with 1377 views34dfgdf54

Liking Cullen’s start to game
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:51 - May 8 with 1366 viewsKeithHaynes

Lovely start to the game though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:54 - May 8 with 1341 viewsNotLoyal

Balls in to the box lacking bar the one.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:57 - May 8 with 1325 viewstheloneranger

Latest ...

Barnsley 1- 0 Norwich

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:02 - May 8 with 1282 viewsNotLoyal

Jacks by far the better side atm

OK I've changed it.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:07 - May 8 with 1240 viewsnantywatcher

We are playing some nice stuff today.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:08 - May 8 with 1228 viewsNotLoyal

Stoke beating muff.

OK I've changed it.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:11 - May 8 with 1204 viewsKeithHaynes

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:08 - May 8 by NotLoyal

Stoke beating muff.

That’s swans v Barnsley as it stands.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:13 - May 8 with 1183 viewsThornburyswan

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:46 - May 8 by max936

Did we have a good shout for a penalty a bit earlier, I missed it ?

To be fair we are saving those for injury time in the play-offs!
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:13 - May 8 with 1181 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:11 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

That’s swans v Barnsley as it stands.

Just had an excellent five minutes then with a through ball at his mercy on the edge of their area Hourihane passes inexplicably backwards
[Post edited 8 May 2021 13:14]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:14 - May 8 with 1167 viewstheloneranger

Barnsley 2-1 up against Norwich.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:15 - May 8 with 1153 viewsKeithHaynes

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:13 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Just had an excellent five minutes then with a through ball at his mercy on the edge of their area Hourihane passes inexplicably backwards
[Post edited 8 May 2021 13:14]

He is pretty anonymous but we don’t seem affected by it.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:21 - May 8 with 1109 viewsAnotherJohn

We've had some good play in parts, but don't have much penetration upfront. I have still to be convinced that Cullen will convert many chances at this level.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:28 - May 8 with 1074 viewsraynor94

Looking grim for Rooney

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:36 - May 8 with 1018 viewsFireboy2

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:28 - May 8 by raynor94

Looking grim for Rooney

Faf 🤣🤣🤣
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:37 - May 8 with 1016 viewsCatullus

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:28 - May 8 by raynor94

Looking grim for Rooney

I'm watching this and I've been surprised at the lack of fire, it's all very calm and sedate considering whats at stake.

I've just seen Rotherhams goal at Cardiff, Lewis Wing scored a worldy, fantastic volley from 20 yards.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:43 - May 8 with 981 viewsKeithHaynes

Stoke two up.
Barnsley winning 2-1
We don’t need to lose this game now.
Edit.
GD in our favour.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:45 - May 8 with 970 viewsKeithHaynes

Well, we scored 🤪

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:46 - May 8 with 968 viewsjasper_T

Fair play to Cardiff, plenty of Welsh-qualified players involved and rolling over to help relegate Derby.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:47 - May 8 with 941 viewsKeithHaynes

Barnsley now drawing v Norwich.
They are still in fifth.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024