Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 16:16 - May 3 with 8625 viewsNotLoyal

It's the last game of the season for Watford, but not for the swans. The swans have three more games to play before getting promoted, so this is like a training game for the team. I expect some tedious play and the odd spurt followed by some wandering about. During the game there will be misplaced passes and a quick chat on the field amongst some of the players mid half, maybe an exchange of telephone numbers as well, it’s the end of the season see, some will want to move on.

Watford v Swansea City
EFL Championship
Vicarage Road
Saturday May 8th 2021
Kick Off 12.30pm

Match Officials
Geoff Eltringham will be the man in the middle when Swansea City round off the Championship season against Watford on Saturday (12.30pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans fixture for the third time this season, having overseen the win at Wycombe and the home victory over Nottingham Forest. He was also in charge of the draw at Preston last term. He has been refereeing in the EFL since 2009, and has been a regular feature in the Championship over recent seasons. will be assisted by Robert Merchant and Mark Russell, while Andy Woolmer, oh bloody hell, will be the fourth official.

Mr Dodgy is back

History
In the past, before now there have been some games between the two clubs.
Watford have lost more than they have won, but have drawn less. This is the overwhelming fact.

Games won: 17
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 23

All the games in the past 44 years have been very close affairs, surprisingly Thomas Crown has never featured in any of the games, so that’s a head scratcher. In the past 12 years all the games played between the clubs have been won by the odd goal. I expect Watford to win this by four goals to lure the other play off teams in to a false sense of security. It’s the Cooper way, and you have to respect it.

Why The Hornets ? 🐝
Unlike the Bees and their very clingy support the hornets have a bigger sting, the wasps who don’t play football but would kick the living bones out of the hornets is another strange fact. Hornets are meant to be hard, ask Eddie Brimson. We suppose then no team would be called the flys. The Mosquito is the nickname for ex Norwegian player Erik Mykland. He isn’t a whole football team, but is often seen running away from the insecticide section of local branches of “Spray the buggers” Norway’s leading store for spraying things. He does spend a lot of time hovering around tables in the summer time though.

Cheeky Steve pre match

Liam Cullen looking to shine for Swansea City against Watford 7th May 2021 17:47
After a lengthy slog, the Championship season comes to a head this weekend, although there is more action to come for the four play-off sides. We focus on Liam Cullen in a feature from Swansea Official. 1

Xisco Munoz said: "It is hard to believe we are at the last game of the season. "Everything seems to have gone so quickly, and we are very grateful for support from everywhere around this town and around the world. Swansea was the first away league game I was coach for Watford, so I know from then back in January that they are a very good team. Like us, they have had some injuries to big players which has hurt them for a while, but I expect they will want to go into the play-offs in a good moment.”

Steve Cooper said: "We want to play these 46 games and go into the play-offs knowing that we’ve given the league campaign everything that we’ve got and we’ve finished in the highest position possible. Then, when you go into the play-offs, you go there knowing you’re in a certain position for a certain reason and you don’t have any regrets. There's not one way of getting into the play-offs. We just want to go into the play-off games having known that we’ve really committed to the 46 games and it puts us in the best place going into the play-offs. That’ll be the approach going into the game on Saturday."

TEAMS

Connor Roberts makes his 150th Swansea City appearance while Steve Cooper makes four changes for the Championship finale at Watford.

Marc Guehi, Jay Fulton, Conor Hourihane and Andre Ayew all start at Vicarage Road, taking the places of Ben Cabango, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda and Morgan Whittaker following the win over Derby.

Freddie Woodman is in goal, with Guehi joining Roberts, Jake Bidwell and Ryan Bennett in the Swansea back four.

Captain Matt Grimes find himself joined by Fulton and Hourihane as they pair return in midfield.

Liam Cullen retains his place, as does Jamal Lowe, with Ayew back from a hamstring injury to complete the front three.

Watford: Ben Foster, Philip Zinckernagel, Ken Sema, Craig Cathcart (captain), Dan Gosling, Achraf Lazaar, Andre Gray, Isaac Success, Christian Kabasele, Carlos Sanchez, Marc Navarro.

Substitutes: Daniel Bachmann, William Troost-Ekong, Ben Wilmot, Troy Deeney, Joao Pedro, Adam Masina, Will Hughes, Stipe Perica, Francisco Sierralta.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guhei, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Geoff Eltringham

There is more to follow, and there will be a sting in the tail.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:36 - May 8 with 1658 viewstheloneranger

C**diff keep Rooney up!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:38 - May 8 with 1631 viewsjasper_T

Gutted that Derby have squeaked survival.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:42 - May 8 with 1594 viewsjackrabbit

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:29 - May 8 by nantywatcher

Dhanda and Whittaker both seem totally incapable of ever giving 100% So much potential -such poor attitude. and commitment

I agree. I’m a fan of Dhanda because he has talent. But what he lacks is application and belief - he is a drastic underperformer. He needs a good kick up the arse. The last free kick which sailed 30 yards over the bar exemplified his attitude. Appalling effort. How can somebody who is paid to kick a ball, kick it so badly? I can’t say much about Whittaker because I haven’t seen that much of him, but apart from a good goal against Man City, I’ve seen him do bugger all. We have a few more like that. Yes the manager has to take responsibility, but even the best, most experienced manager cannot do miracles with limited players. And we have some pretty limited players.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:49 - May 8 with 1547 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:42 - May 8 by jackrabbit

I agree. I’m a fan of Dhanda because he has talent. But what he lacks is application and belief - he is a drastic underperformer. He needs a good kick up the arse. The last free kick which sailed 30 yards over the bar exemplified his attitude. Appalling effort. How can somebody who is paid to kick a ball, kick it so badly? I can’t say much about Whittaker because I haven’t seen that much of him, but apart from a good goal against Man City, I’ve seen him do bugger all. We have a few more like that. Yes the manager has to take responsibility, but even the best, most experienced manager cannot do miracles with limited players. And we have some pretty limited players.

You didn't notice Morgan scored last week?
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:56 - May 8 with 1499 viewsNotLoyal

Surely they will bin him, he's utterly clueless.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:08 - May 8 with 1446 viewsOldjack

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:38 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

Cooper wants the three points for sure. That’s far stronger than I thought.

Connor Roberts makes his 150th Swansea City appearance while Steve Cooper makes four changes for the Championship finale at Watford.

Marc Guehi, Jay Fulton, Conor Hourihane and Andre Ayew all start at Vicarage Road, taking the places of Ben Cabango, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda and Morgan Whittaker following the win over Derby.

Freddie Woodman is in goal, with Guehi joining Roberts, Jake Bidwell and Ryan Bennett in the Swansea back four.

Captain Matt Grimes find himself joined by Fulton and Hourihane as they pair return in midfield.

Liam Cullen retains his place, as does Jamal Lowe, with Ayew back from a hamstring injury to complete the front three.

Watford: Ben Foster, Philip Zinckernagel, Ken Sema, Craig Cathcart (captain), Dan Gosling, Achraf Lazaar, Andre Gray, Isaac Success, Christian Kabasele, Carlos Sanchez, Marc Navarro.

Substitutes: Daniel Bachmann, William Troost-Ekong, Ben Wilmot, Troy Deeney, Joao Pedro, Adam Masina, Will Hughes, Stipe Perica, Francisco Sierralta.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guhei, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Geoff Eltringham

This post has been edited by an administrator

So we put out a strong team and still get a kicking ,like I've stated many a time I've got no faith in Cooper what so ever , Barnsley next

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:10 - May 8 with 1440 viewsCatullus

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:58 - May 8 by jackrabbit

In snooker that’s called a fluke.

A fluke is something you didn't mean to happen, I'm pretty certain Watford were trying to score!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:10 - May 8 with 1440 viewsmax936

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:49 - May 8 by A_Fans_Dad

I didn't notice him coming on today

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:12 - May 8 with 1426 viewsjackrabbit

Didn’t see it
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:23 - May 8 with 1399 viewsjackrabbit

Duplicate post - still didn’t see it.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 15:27]
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:26 - May 8 with 1386 viewsjackrabbit

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:10 - May 8 by Catullus

A fluke is something you didn't mean to happen, I'm pretty certain Watford were trying to score!

When the ball ricochets off a defender, hits you in the face, and you know nothing about it, and then ends up in the net, it’s a fluke in my book.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:38 - May 8 with 1345 viewsmax936

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:26 - May 8 by jackrabbit

When the ball ricochets off a defender, hits you in the face, and you know nothing about it, and then ends up in the net, it’s a fluke in my book.

I thought it was an own goal at first.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:44 - May 8 with 1328 viewssP7qupUf

Have to disagree to some extent. I think that Dhanda is vastly over rated. How many times have we heard him called a game changer coming off the bench and how many times has he changed a game..... apart from Birmingham!! I also do not think that he lacksbwlief.... he thinks that he is better than he actually is. Lightweight and anonymous on a regular basis. As I said, my opinion only and others clearly see things differently.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:30 - May 8 with 1188 viewsjackrabbit

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:44 - May 8 by sP7qupUf

Have to disagree to some extent. I think that Dhanda is vastly over rated. How many times have we heard him called a game changer coming off the bench and how many times has he changed a game..... apart from Birmingham!! I also do not think that he lacksbwlief.... he thinks that he is better than he actually is. Lightweight and anonymous on a regular basis. As I said, my opinion only and others clearly see things differently.

Fair points, although Dhanda doesn’t look to me like a player with a surfeit of confidence. Other than that I think we’ve come to the same conclusion which is that he rarely delivers on promise.

One last thought on today’s game, and this is not in any way bitter grapes: Watford must have the ugliest shirts in football. That radiating black lines on yellow reminds me of a bottle of detergent or cleaner that used to be familiar - was it Brasso? Yes I know Brasso used to be white lines on blue if I remember correctly but it was similar. Anyway, it certainly brought back memories of the cupboard under the sink where the cleaning agents were kept. Ghastly! Anyway good luck to them in the Premier League, but spend a few bob on new shirts boys!
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:33 - May 8 with 1184 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:38 - May 8 by jasper_T

Gutted that Derby have squeaked survival.

Devastated. Coonts

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:38 - May 8 with 1081 viewsmax936

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:44 - May 8 by sP7qupUf

Agree with all of that.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:39 - May 8 with 1080 viewsmax936

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:33 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Devastated. Coonts

And me

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:05 - May 8 with 1064 viewsmonmouth

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:33 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Devastated. Coonts

It was Cardiff. Everything they touch. There’s nothing they can’t make bad. Saving Rooner is just the icing on their particular cake of solid dung.

Then again, it might mean they don’t sack the jug eared brainless jerk. So not all bad.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:20 - May 8 with 1047 viewsFlashberryjack

A small amount of bravery sprinkled over his morning cornflakes would help, he has a certain amount of skill, but no guts for the game, he plays like a little girl in a mans team.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:18 - May 8 with 1004 viewsangryjack

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:20 - May 8 by Flashberryjack

A small amount of bravery sprinkled over his morning cornflakes would help, he has a certain amount of skill, but no guts for the game, he plays like a little girl in a mans team.

Needs a fun in the team as do Morgan you can't expect players who have 20 minuteshere and there to perform well all time both need a run but won't get it,,as cooper has his favourites who no matter how much out of form he still plays them constantly..
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:36 - May 8 with 968 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:18 - May 8 by angryjack

Needs a fun in the team as do Morgan you can't expect players who have 20 minuteshere and there to perform well all time both need a run but won't get it,,as cooper has his favourites who no matter how much out of form he still plays them constantly..

He needs pumping up. He needs a diet to get him bulked up via weight training.

Steve s a great coach so we can relax as he will develop him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:37 - May 9 with 771 views34dfgdf54

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:18 - May 8 by angryjack

Understand your point but not seeing anything in Dhanda to suggest he has what it takes, he’s had more than enough chances.

Obviously won’t know for sure but his attitude seems poor to me.
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:41 - May 9 with 769 viewsChief

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:37 - May 9 by 34dfgdf54

Understand your point but not seeing anything in Dhanda to suggest he has what it takes, he’s had more than enough chances.

Obviously won’t know for sure but his attitude seems poor to me.

Needs to go on loan to the lower leagues

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:09 - May 9 with 761 viewsBadlands

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:41 - May 9 by Chief

Needs to go on loan to the lower leagues

Or abroad where he can play football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024