Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best goal that you were there to see live 21:21 - May 4 with 4766 viewsAguycalledJack

I’ve got a few, but as an 8 year old at the time, I’ll never forget sitting in the east stand when Garry Stanley pinged it in against Manchester City in 1982.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:22]
Best goal that you were there to see live on 17:08 - May 5 with 1029 viewsblackpooljack

Best goal that you were there to see live on 01:12 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Good question.

There may well be better but these are the ones that stick out in my mind:-

Karl Heggs volley (Mansfield home I think)
David Romo 35 yarder (Mansfield again, different game)
Marc Clode where he ran the pitch and pinged it top corner
James Thomas chip (Hull home)
Lua Lua volley (against us Colchester home)
Trundle volley (Carlisle LDV final)
Rory Fallen bicycle kick (Barnsley playoffs)
Pratley halfway line (Forest home)
Sigurdsson free kick (Villa away)

I’ve probably missed a load, but for one reason or another these have stuck in my mind.

That karl Heggs one was an absolute cracker, fantastic technique
Best goal that you were there to see live on 17:40 - May 5 with 1013 viewsTreforys_Jack

Best goal that you were there to see live on 00:12 - May 5 by Treforys_Jack

Here we go, a goal that is etched in my memory was Leighton James at home v Liverpool. Direct free kick outside of his boot, flew in past Grobs. Never seen it again so assume it wasn't filmed, but in my mind it was about 40yds, in reality probably a lot less. The fact that I've never seen it again probably adds to the myth. Hope I never do as it would almost certainly be a bit meh! but to a young TJ at the time it was simply sensational, oh and we won 2 - 0 I believe.

Does anyone else remember this goal, or did I dream it.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 19:00 - May 5 with 989 viewsOldjack

Best goal that you were there to see live on 15:54 - May 5 by andypitt56

For me it would be the goal Bellamy scored against us in 2011. Its is painful to say that.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Best goal that you were there to see live on 19:02 - May 5 with 988 viewsOldjack

As for build-up fa cup against Citeh ,Leons aginst Forrest was so so sweet

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:37 - May 5 with 947 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Best goal that you were there to see live on 17:40 - May 5 by Treforys_Jack

Yeah I do.

I would say 30 yards at most. I think he caught Grobbelaar still arranging his wall. We came under huge pressure after that and then broke away and Curt clinched it at the death. Happy days.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:48 - May 5 with 939 viewsSlugster664

Gino vs Liverpool in the FA Cup '91??? Unfortunate to concede 8 though!

I think our bus got stoned arriving, and leaving...good arms on those little Scousers

STID

Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:53 - May 5 with 932 viewsangryjack

That fella for Burnley 1987 I think it was,run whole length pitch weaving inside and out before scoring..little blonde fella,all the north bank gave a round of applause
Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:59 - May 5 with 928 viewsmonmouth

I remember it, but in my memory Leighton is just about on the halfway line! Couldn’t believe it when it went in. Thought we would win the league then. Instead they went on to be unbeaten to the end and we blew any chance against Ipswich.

Those games at the Vetch that year though...bloody hell. Leeds, Spurs, Arse, Manure, ManC, Aston Villa, Liverscouse. Incredible stuff. For all we’ve seen since, except Forest in the play offs and the final, I’m not sure I’ve ever felt that level of excitement. The old girl herself had a lot to do with it. How did we play like that on that pitch?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:17 - May 5 with 898 viewsGaryjack

Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:59 - May 5 by monmouth

I remember it, but in my memory Leighton is just about on the halfway line! Couldn’t believe it when it went in. Thought we would win the league then. Instead they went on to be unbeaten to the end and we blew any chance against Ipswich.

Those games at the Vetch that year though...bloody hell. Leeds, Spurs, Arse, Manure, ManC, Aston Villa, Liverscouse. Incredible stuff. For all we’ve seen since, except Forest in the play offs and the final, I’m not sure I’ve ever felt that level of excitement. The old girl herself had a lot to do with it. How did we play like that on that pitch?

Without a doubt, the best year ever to be a Swansea City fan. To beat so many top teams as a newly promoted side was incredible. Top of the league with 13 games left! Wow!
And 'they' were relegated to the 3rd division at the end of that season seemed of little relevance at the time.
The only downside was the attendances. But such was football as a whole at the time. There were a few club,s Sunderland included who averaged under 10,000 that season.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:19 - May 5 with 902 viewsswan65split

Max Thompsons sticks in my mind and Ashley Hoskings against us , the whole ground have him a round of applause, bet he still boasts of that one.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:24 - May 5 with 890 viewsswan65split

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:19 - May 5 by swan65split

Max Thompsons sticks in my mind and Ashley Hoskings against us , the whole ground have him a round of applause, bet he still boasts of that one.

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:27 - May 5 with 880 viewsGaryjack

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:24 - May 5 by swan65split

Fair play, cracking goal from an 18 yr old!
Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:50 - May 5 with 859 viewsFireboy2

I remember that one well, he got a round of applause from the North Bank.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:52 - May 5 with 855 viewsKeithHaynes

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:50 - May 5 by Fireboy2

I remember that one well, he got a round of applause from the North Bank.

Reminiscent of John Barnes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:57 - May 5 with 838 viewsFireboy2

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:52 - May 5 by KeithHaynes

Reminiscent of John Barnes.

Very much so Keith.

How strange, Ashley is from accrington and 6 months after his goal against us I moved upto his home town.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:24 - May 5 with 818 viewsTreforys_Jack

Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:59 - May 5 by monmouth

I remember it being a long long way out, and very wide near to the North Bank touchline, can't believe its not on film somewhere, then again if I saw it again it wouldn't be as good as it is in my head.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:27 - May 5 with 815 viewslifelong

A goal that sticks in my mind was one scored by Keith Todd for us at the Vetch against Stoke in the fa cup 5th round Feb 1964.
It ensured that we got through to the quarter final against Liverpool away which we went on to win 1-2.
Keith Todd was a pocket battleship of a player who was an excellent goal scorer, his brother Hugh Todd was also a good footballer, I played with him briefly for Clydach United.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:31 - May 5 with 811 viewsKeithHaynes

Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:48 - May 5 by Slugster664

Gino vs Liverpool in the FA Cup '91??? Unfortunate to concede 8 though!

I think our bus got stoned arriving, and leaving...good arms on those little Scousers

I listened to the game in the bath.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:36 - May 5 with 794 viewsFireboy2

Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:31 - May 5 by KeithHaynes

I listened to the game in the bath.

I was there and I agree it was a cracking goal but the celebration was better🤣
Best goal that you were there to see live on 07:05 - May 6 with 765 viewsangryjack

That's the one I mentioned earlier in thread
Best goal that you were there to see live on 08:14 - May 6 with 753 viewsswan65split

As good as it looks on film, we all know that the atmosphere and sensations felt seeing it live is fantastic.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:21 - May 6 with 728 viewsSlugster664

STID

Best goal that you were there to see live on 14:32 - May 6 with 707 viewsCleddau

Best goal that you were there to see live on 00:12 - May 5 by Treforys_Jack

Here we go, a goal that is etched in my memory was Leighton James at home v Liverpool. Direct free kick outside of his boot, flew in past Grobs. Never seen it again so assume it wasn't filmed, but in my mind it was about 40yds, in reality probably a lot less. The fact that I've never seen it again probably adds to the myth. Hope I never do as it would almost certainly be a bit meh! but to a young TJ at the time it was simply sensational, oh and we won 2 - 0 I believe.

That's the goal I was going to mention. It was fully 30 yards out but closer to goal than had been etched in my memory for decades. I've seen it recently (around three years or so ago) and I had forgotten how good Curt's goal was that night, maybe even better than Leighton's strike. Just can't remember where I seen the clip of the goals now.
I think it was Leighton's birthday as well.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 15:20 - May 6 with 693 viewsswan65split

Theres someone on yyou tube or Twitter who is showing some of Swanseas goals, may be some luck on there.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 18:54 - May 6 with 668 viewsOldjack

Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:27 - May 5 by lifelong

A goal that sticks in my mind was one scored by Keith Todd for us at the Vetch against Stoke in the fa cup 5th round Feb 1964.
It ensured that we got through to the quarter final against Liverpool away which we went on to win 1-2.
Keith Todd was a pocket battleship of a player who was an excellent goal scorer, his brother Hugh Todd was also a good footballer, I played with him briefly for Clydach United.

Remember Tosh salmon leap ,The perfect header

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024