Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best goal that you were there to see live 21:21 - May 4 with 4761 viewsAguycalledJack

I’ve got a few, but as an 8 year old at the time, I’ll never forget sitting in the east stand when Garry Stanley pinged it in against Manchester City in 1982.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:22]
Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:16 - May 6 with 914 viewsEagleEye

Best goal that you were there to see live on 00:12 - May 5 by Treforys_Jack

Here we go, a goal that is etched in my memory was Leighton James at home v Liverpool. Direct free kick outside of his boot, flew in past Grobs. Never seen it again so assume it wasn't filmed, but in my mind it was about 40yds, in reality probably a lot less. The fact that I've never seen it again probably adds to the myth. Hope I never do as it would almost certainly be a bit meh! but to a young TJ at the time it was simply sensational, oh and we won 2 - 0 I believe.

I remember it well. Leighton started his run up on the half way line in front of the north bank. It is very possible that it was close to a 40 yarder. Sensational, definitely
Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:03 - May 6 with 885 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jonjo at Southampton. It was a Monk defensive smash and grab but always dangerous.
Provided in Spanish for our exciled community.

[Post edited 6 May 2021 21:06]

Wise sage since Toshack era

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:44 - May 6 with 866 viewsSlugster664

STID

Best goal that you were there to see live on 11:17 - May 7 with 806 viewspikeypaul

Curtis away to Ipswich 81/82 7th November, Latchford and Stanley also on the scoresheet

Best away game of that 1st season in Division 1i
[Post edited 7 May 2021 11:18]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Best goal that you were there to see live on 11:42 - May 7 with 800 viewsCatullus

Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:26 - May 4 by bonymine

I was at ;

Curt v Leeds 1981
Gary Stanley v Man City 1982
Max Thompson v Arsenal 1981
Ferrie at Preston (midweek so not many would have been there for that one) 2008
Trundle v Yeovil
Shelvey v Villa

Can’t remember the years but great goals all the same 👏👏👏👍

Apart from Ferrie at Preston, yes for all of those and was it against Chelsea whn Jimmy cracked a great one in?

Robbie James scored a few belters too.

There's just too may to choose the best one but my favourite is Curt v Leeds. I was 13 and stood on the North bank to see Curt turn Cherry inside out!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best goal that you were there to see live on 11:55 - May 7 with 793 viewsKeithHaynes

Best goal that you were there to see live on 11:42 - May 7 by Catullus

Apart from Ferrie at Preston, yes for all of those and was it against Chelsea whn Jimmy cracked a great one in?

Robbie James scored a few belters too.

There's just too may to choose the best one but my favourite is Curt v Leeds. I was 13 and stood on the North bank to see Curt turn Cherry inside out!

Jimmy, side of the foot what a cracker.

At 1.55

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Best goal that you were there to see live on 12:21 - May 7 with 776 viewsReslovenSwan1

Dyer's first at Wembley was very palatable. Michu shot was saved and Dyer tapped in at the back stick. It was the soft touch rapier like accuracy that made it as the players sliced through Bradford like a knife through butter from swansea s own box and straight down the middle.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Best goal that you were there to see live on 13:52 - May 7 with 744 viewsGroo

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:24 - May 5 by swan65split

Ashley Hoskin was his name, I just looked up on him to see who he was and if he became a star.

Tragic story, had his leg broken the following year in a horror tackle, first minute of a game. He came back but not the same and retired in 1989.

Groo does what Groo does best

Login to get fewer ads

Best goal that you were there to see live on 15:58 - May 7 with 714 viewsAguycalledJack

Another one that I remember is a Paul Raynor volley I think from a corner. It was an away game but can’t recall the year or who it was against?
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:29 - May 7 with 687 viewsSlugster664

STID

Best goal that you were there to see live on 00:23 - May 8 with 657 viewsmax936

I was in the East Stand that day as well, I was 21, was with my Wife to be and her brothers, what a goal that was.
I really can't pick one, there's been so many, Trundles stunner from the touchline on the halfway line, Pratley's goal against forest and the Jason Scotland goal against dirty Leeds, I'll go with that I think it was a great run and goal, especially as Dennis Wise was Leeds manger at the time and came with the attitude that they only had to turn up.
Been lots of great goals through before and after.

I thought I quoted Aguycalledjack at 21:21, 4/5th post, Gary Stanley's goal
[Post edited 8 May 2021 0:52]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Best goal that you were there to see live on 00:38 - May 8 with 653 viewsmax936

Best goal that you were there to see live on 20:59 - May 5 by monmouth

I remember it, but in my memory Leighton is just about on the halfway line! Couldn’t believe it when it went in. Thought we would win the league then. Instead they went on to be unbeaten to the end and we blew any chance against Ipswich.

Those games at the Vetch that year though...bloody hell. Leeds, Spurs, Arse, Manure, ManC, Aston Villa, Liverscouse. Incredible stuff. For all we’ve seen since, except Forest in the play offs and the final, I’m not sure I’ve ever felt that level of excitement. The old girl herself had a lot to do with it. How did we play like that on that pitch?

I've fond memory's of the Man U game, I had bolloxed my ankle and was on crutches and a neighbour, who was doing lots of stuff for the Swans at time got me a place on the side-lines in the disabled section, next to me was a girl who was supporting Utd and who was chaperoning a chap who was blind, she was lovely and very chatty, until utd went one down and the abuse started, they went two down and she went bonkers, she called me all sorts, I still laugh about it today

Best goal that you were there to see live on 00:43 - May 8 with 650 viewsmax936

Best goal that you were there to see live on 22:27 - May 5 by lifelong

A goal that sticks in my mind was one scored by Keith Todd for us at the Vetch against Stoke in the fa cup 5th round Feb 1964.
It ensured that we got through to the quarter final against Liverpool away which we went on to win 1-2.
Keith Todd was a pocket battleship of a player who was an excellent goal scorer, his brother Hugh Todd was also a good footballer, I played with him briefly for Clydach United.

I missed that one. I was only two, my Father went though, he's 86 now, how time flies

Best goal that you were there to see live on 00:48 - May 8 with 648 viewsJack59

Best goal that you were there to see live on 11:17 - May 7 by pikeypaul

Curtis away to Ipswich 81/82 7th November, Latchford and Stanley also on the scoresheet

Best away game of that 1st season in Division 1i
[Post edited 7 May 2021 11:18]

Yes that goal by Curtis was top drawer. We had car trouble on the way and arrived in the ground just as he scored. It was well worth the 18 hour troublesome journey.
Best goal that you were there to see live on 04:00 - May 8 with 631 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best goal that you were there to see live on 17:08 - May 5 by blackpooljack

That karl Heggs one was an absolute cracker, fantastic technique

Similar to the Andy Legg one, just more angle and more venom - still to this day don’t know how he did it.

Been looking for it ever since but have never been able to find it on YouTube or anything. Would love to see it again.

Used to love the Molby free kicks too, Hull is one that sticks out.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Best goal that you were there to see live on 04:04 - May 8 with 630 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sean Chapple cracker here and a Molby free kick as a bonus.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Best goal that you were there to see live on 06:43 - May 8 with 616 viewsAguycalledJack

One thing to come from these clips is the brief glimpses of my grandfather in his seat in the centre stand that he had had since the 2nd wold war. As you look at the pitch to the right of the Away managers dug out across the gangway front row right next to the steps. What great memories coming back of him and the vetch. Given my age many of those memories when, lest be honest, the swans weren’t great, but nothing could keep you away. As he used to say once you’ve been once you’ll want to go again.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 7:53]
Best goal that you were there to see live on 13:42 - May 8 with 573 viewsCatullus

Best goal that you were there to see live on 21:24 - May 5 by swan65split

Look at the state of the pitch too! There's half of Swansea bay on there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024