Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86482 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 09:47 - May 26 with 1268 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 09:19 - May 26 by Lorax

You're right, when there are so many jobs available people should be in work. The government is part of the problem there.

We should stop subsidising corporate greed by paying top ups via benefits to the global organisations that make billions in profits and pay minimum wage.

I'm not sure how to make that work but maybe the minimum wage should be different, smaller businesses making smaller profits can pay the 9.50 but any company making billions and paying vast salaries to CEO's and directors should have to pay 12.50? Maybe a sliding scale.
Somebody cleverer than I can mull that one over!

Fair point, but I’m not sure stopping paying the top ups is the answer because if we do that it’s likely to make people stop working completely. I think we need a more flexible approach and a better sliding scale to encourage people to work for longer and keep more of their money and so that the benefits don’t just fall off the cliff. This working 16 hours really annoys me!
Mr Drakeford on 09:57 - May 26 with 1261 viewsLorax

Mr Drakeford on 09:47 - May 26 by majorraglan

Fair point, but I’m not sure stopping paying the top ups is the answer because if we do that it’s likely to make people stop working completely. I think we need a more flexible approach and a better sliding scale to encourage people to work for longer and keep more of their money and so that the benefits don’t just fall off the cliff. This working 16 hours really annoys me!

There has to be a better way, surely? I know people who don't work because they are better off on benefits. We should always be better off in work.

I saw recently that the pay gap between senior management an workers is widening again. The article stated that things had improved during the pandemic, it had drawn us a bit closer together in many ways. It hasn't taken long for people to forget.
Mr Drakeford on 10:21 - May 26 with 1250 viewsScotia

Mr Drakeford on 09:57 - May 26 by Lorax

There has to be a better way, surely? I know people who don't work because they are better off on benefits. We should always be better off in work.

I saw recently that the pay gap between senior management an workers is widening again. The article stated that things had improved during the pandemic, it had drawn us a bit closer together in many ways. It hasn't taken long for people to forget.

The only way to do that is to reduce benefits and increase the minimum wage. The first of those options would be political suicide, just look at the fracas of reducing the temporary £20 uplift in univesal credit.

My wife is a social worker and is fed up with arranging charity direct debits for some of her clients to ensure their savings remain under the threshold so benefits are maintained. One has a safe stacked with cash, and another paid over a £1000 for a TV using old £10 notes just before they were no longer legal tender that had been rolled up in an elastic band for so long they wouldn't unfurl at the counter.

They bring in thousands a month in what is basically spending money, they don't by council tax, they get hosuing credit etc, etc.

For some of these to be better off in work they'd need to have a job earning over £35k pa.

I'd like to see total benefits (not including genuine disabilities) capped at 10% less than a 37hr / week contract at minimum wage, but for that to work minimum wage would need to be at a realistic amount to live relatively comfortably. I'm glad I haven't got to make these decisions!
Mr Drakeford on 10:38 - May 26 with 1247 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 10:21 - May 26 by Scotia

The only way to do that is to reduce benefits and increase the minimum wage. The first of those options would be political suicide, just look at the fracas of reducing the temporary £20 uplift in univesal credit.

My wife is a social worker and is fed up with arranging charity direct debits for some of her clients to ensure their savings remain under the threshold so benefits are maintained. One has a safe stacked with cash, and another paid over a £1000 for a TV using old £10 notes just before they were no longer legal tender that had been rolled up in an elastic band for so long they wouldn't unfurl at the counter.

They bring in thousands a month in what is basically spending money, they don't by council tax, they get hosuing credit etc, etc.

For some of these to be better off in work they'd need to have a job earning over £35k pa.

I'd like to see total benefits (not including genuine disabilities) capped at 10% less than a 37hr / week contract at minimum wage, but for that to work minimum wage would need to be at a realistic amount to live relatively comfortably. I'm glad I haven't got to make these decisions!

It would help of all benefits were subject to Income tax just like people who work.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 11:43 - May 27 with 1167 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 22:21 - May 25 by majorraglan

We certainly need to be more self sufficient and less reliant on food imports as the pandemic and recent events in the Ukraine have shown, but we also need to “Green” the environment and planting more trees here and getting other countries to do the same thing ( not necessarily our expense) is a positive move. Other countries including Norway and organisations including the UN are finding tree planting in Africa and South America.

One area we need to consider is how we get people to work in the agricultural sector, the last few years have seen numerous reports of produce rotting in the fields on account of a lack of workers to pick the produce - it’s low pay and physically demanding and doesn’t attract people, that’s an issue we have to address post Brexit.

I agree but the amount of good agricultural land now being bought by the assembly (NRW ) is wasteful and not in keeping with what we as a nation should be doing. Why is perfectly good agricultural land being turned over to tree planting , there's plenty of brown field sites in Wales .( Birch trees for example thrive of stony ground , hence the reason you see so much on derelict railway lines.)
Strange where the least pollution is created happens to be the centre for this programme . The plan for COVID memorial gardens to be created are all outside the large population catchment areas , the one in Llangadog for example had been chosen as access could be secured from the main road and local train stations so to get there you either have to drive or catch a train which sort of defeats the object of reducing pollution .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 13:11 - May 27 with 1147 viewsLorax

Mr Drakeford on 11:43 - May 27 by Boundy

I agree but the amount of good agricultural land now being bought by the assembly (NRW ) is wasteful and not in keeping with what we as a nation should be doing. Why is perfectly good agricultural land being turned over to tree planting , there's plenty of brown field sites in Wales .( Birch trees for example thrive of stony ground , hence the reason you see so much on derelict railway lines.)
Strange where the least pollution is created happens to be the centre for this programme . The plan for COVID memorial gardens to be created are all outside the large population catchment areas , the one in Llangadog for example had been chosen as access could be secured from the main road and local train stations so to get there you either have to drive or catch a train which sort of defeats the object of reducing pollution .

Of course it defeats the purpose, politicians stopped making sense a long while back. Around the time the standing rule became "do as I say not as I do" which seems to be Bojo's favourite! Drakers quite likes it too mind, loves an ethnic disco he does.
Mr Drakeford on 15:57 - May 27 with 1117 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 11:43 - May 27 by Boundy

Thanks to Russia about 10% of the world's food supply is under threat. Time to expand not contract agricultural output!
[Post edited 27 May 2022 15:57]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mr Drakeford on 22:37 - May 28 with 1027 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Three days of traffic chaos at the Brynglas Tunnels with 15 miles queues tailing back across the Bridge as 70,000 visitors to Wales try to get to Cardiff.

How much extra pollution has that caused Drakeford.

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 23:04 - May 28 with 1012 viewsLorax

Mr Drakeford on 22:37 - May 28 by felixstowe_jack

Three days of traffic chaos at the Brynglas Tunnels with 15 miles queues tailing back across the Bridge as 70,000 visitors to Wales try to get to Cardiff.

How much extra pollution has that caused Drakeford.

I read the Walesonline and some of the comments were very scathing. There were plenty who said they'd never go to Cardiff again. Of course that is only a tiny percentage of the crowd but I wonder how many really feel that way and will spread the bad news?

Our motorway needs upgrading and improving but the fools in the Senedd think differently and Wales will suffer for decades.
Mr Drakeford on 09:01 - Jun 1 with 950 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Yes WOL have started to understand that good infrastructure helps the economy.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/three-huge-issues-risking-cardiffs

Mr Drakeford on 09:20 - Jun 1 with 939 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 09:01 - Jun 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/three-huge-issues-risking-cardiffs

" Cardiff is projected to see population growth of 25% by 2034, a rate of growth that exceeds all the other UK Core Cities and is even higher than London. According to Oxford Economics, employment is forecast to grow by 12% by 2030, bringing 27,600 new jobs to the city, and outpacing the UK growth forecast of 8%."
The WOL has just announced the the WAG are spending 45.million on training the populace of the suburbs on psychokinesis.

Mr Drakeford on 09:44 - Jun 1 with 936 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 09:20 - Jun 1 by Boundy

" Cardiff is projected to see population growth of 25% by 2034, a rate of growth that exceeds all the other UK Core Cities and is even higher than London. According to Oxford Economics, employment is forecast to grow by 12% by 2030, bringing 27,600 new jobs to the city, and outpacing the UK growth forecast of 8%."
The WOL has just announced the the WAG are spending 45.million on training the populace of the suburbs on psychokinesis.

Will the dull idiots get to grips with what's needed.........probably not.

Mr Drakeford on 11:51 - Jun 1 with 918 viewsWingstandwood

Mr Drakeford on 09:01 - Jun 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

To think some people want to give that bunch of incompetent backward thinking yokels even more power after damning evidence shown by that article! The newspapers comments section says it all!

Three years since the relief road was scrapped after £114 million wasted on consultation/feasibility study costs and not a single step forward, not a millimeter . Nothing! Utterly staggering to contemplate!

Always said Welsh government are really getting their teeth right into their 'masterplan' to impoverish Wales even further and to accelerate its decline: Codename "Project New Moldova".

Argus!

Mr Drakeford on 12:23 - Jun 1 with 905 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 11:51 - Jun 1 by Wingstandwood

To think some people want to give that bunch of incompetent backward thinking yokels even more power after damning evidence shown by that article! The newspapers comments section says it all!

Three years since the relief road was scrapped after £114 million wasted on consultation/feasibility study costs and not a single step forward, not a millimeter . Nothing! Utterly staggering to contemplate!

Always said Welsh government are really getting their teeth right into their 'masterplan' to impoverish Wales even further and to accelerate its decline: Codename "Project New Moldova".

The problem now is the rest of Wales will suffer from this being highlighted as a problem on the oft used banner that what is good for cardiff is good for the rest of us , something plainly untrue .

Mr Drakeford on 12:46 - Jun 1 with 901 viewsWingstandwood

Mr Drakeford on 12:23 - Jun 1 by Boundy

The problem now is the rest of Wales will suffer from this being highlighted as a problem on the oft used banner that what is good for cardiff is good for the rest of us , something plainly untrue .

The one that gets to me is the 'Indy' opinion that those that have twigged that devolved government is an absolute disgrace are somehow 'weak minded' and pathetically-unambitious for not wanting more powers and full independence.

FFS cant these 'Indy' yokels evaluate the reality that a Welsh government/system that is happy to have a 1960's transport system, 5-6 years surgery waiting lists and ruination of Wales should never be there in the first place.

Argus!

Mr Drakeford on 07:29 - Jun 2 with 854 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 12:46 - Jun 1 by Wingstandwood

The one that gets to me is the 'Indy' opinion that those that have twigged that devolved government is an absolute disgrace are somehow 'weak minded' and pathetically-unambitious for not wanting more powers and full independence.

FFS cant these 'Indy' yokels evaluate the reality that a Welsh government/system that is happy to have a 1960's transport system, 5-6 years surgery waiting lists and ruination of Wales should never be there in the first place.

Never understood the Indy logic being independent from thr UK yet in the same sentence they want to be ruled by the EU.

Mr Drakeford on 09:00 - Jun 2 with 846 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 07:29 - Jun 2 by felixstowe_jack

Never understood the Indy logic being independent from thr UK yet in the same sentence they want to be ruled by the EU.

We had a greater voice within the UK than any independent Wales would as part of the EU.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 09:42 - Jun 2 with 836 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 09:00 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

We had a greater voice within the UK than any independent Wales would as part of the EU.

Wales still has a greater voice in the UK than the 1% voice it would have in the EU if the EU ever approved their application to join.

Mr Drakeford on 07:50 - Jun 3 with 780 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 09:42 - Jun 2 by felixstowe_jack

Wales still has a greater voice in the UK than the 1% voice it would have in the EU if the EU ever approved their application to join.

Wales would never be allowed to join the EU it could never meet the entrance criteria, the EU is not a charity.
Mr Drakeford on 07:57 - Jun 3 with 774 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 07:50 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

Wales would never be allowed to join the EU it could never meet the entrance criteria, the EU is not a charity.

I know that unfortunately a couple of posters on here think they would be welcomed with open arms. Just imagine the where people would have to use the Euro in Wales and sterling in the rest of the UK would be the final nail in the Welsh tourist industry.

Mr Drakeford on 09:56 - Jun 3 with 761 viewsLorax

Mr Drakeford on 07:50 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

I have banged on about the Copenhagen criteria many times but the blind pro EU just ignore it as they live in a fantasy world.

If we went indy it may take a decade to get even close to meeting the criteria and for that decade we would have no UK and no EU to fall back on. Remainers said brexit was an act of self harm well Wales going indy might actually turn out to be suicide.

We'd probably have a hard border with England, we'd have no financial clout, no trade deals, no currency and we'd have lost many jobs in the civil service too.
Mr Drakeford on 10:07 - Jun 3 with 760 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 09:56 - Jun 3 by Lorax

I have banged on about the Copenhagen criteria many times but the blind pro EU just ignore it as they live in a fantasy world.

If we went indy it may take a decade to get even close to meeting the criteria and for that decade we would have no UK and no EU to fall back on. Remainers said brexit was an act of self harm well Wales going indy might actually turn out to be suicide.

We'd probably have a hard border with England, we'd have no financial clout, no trade deals, no currency and we'd have lost many jobs in the civil service too.

Put the current lot in the Senedd in charge of Wales properly for any length of time and we'd make Venezuela look prosperous in a very short space of time.

An Independent nation has to have the capacity for wealth generation. Wales' economy is largely public sector based, and much of that concentrated in the South East. The WG have shown very little willingness or ability to encourage entrepreneurship and the Private Sector. They are dirty words to the likes of Drakeford.

Those people with the ambition to do so would probably just nip over the border rather than stay put and see themselves stifled, regulated and taxed into oblivion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 13:55 - Jun 3 with 723 viewsLorax

Mr Drakeford on 10:07 - Jun 3 by Dr_Winston

Put the current lot in the Senedd in charge of Wales properly for any length of time and we'd make Venezuela look prosperous in a very short space of time.

An Independent nation has to have the capacity for wealth generation. Wales' economy is largely public sector based, and much of that concentrated in the South East. The WG have shown very little willingness or ability to encourage entrepreneurship and the Private Sector. They are dirty words to the likes of Drakeford.

Those people with the ambition to do so would probably just nip over the border rather than stay put and see themselves stifled, regulated and taxed into oblivion.

My son is only 13 and already sees his future outside Wales. it's largely why he doesn't want to learn Welsh, he prefers a more relevant language that will actually help and career, like Spanish.

he'll get whatever help we can give him, wherever he decide to go. As long as the Senedd continues as it is, many others will possibly think the same. it's no wonder Wales has an ageing population. Young people want away from here, older English people see us as a good retirement option and those youngsters who do want to stay get priced out.
Mr Drakeford on 15:39 - Jun 8 with 623 viewspencoedjack

Mr Drakeford on 07:57 - Jun 3 by felixstowe_jack

I know that unfortunately a couple of posters on here think they would be welcomed with open arms. Just imagine the where people would have to use the Euro in Wales and sterling in the rest of the UK would be the final nail in the Welsh tourist industry.

I believe in this thread someone mentioned that we should build a road from South Wales to North to make the country more prosperous.

Seems they cant fill a 20 seater plane

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-61733850
Mr Drakeford on 16:46 - Jun 8 with 594 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 15:39 - Jun 8 by pencoedjack

I believe in this thread someone mentioned that we should build a road from South Wales to North to make the country more prosperous.

Seems they cant fill a 20 seater plane

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-61733850

Drakeford has cancelled all new road projects.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024