Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Dylan 80 soon 14:10 - May 15 with 2625 viewsonehunglow

It' s more than non football. This guy has written a running commentary of mankind about love ,hate,desire,perfidy,birth,death and beyond.

Can we have a Dylan Day Guv.#

Can I be in charge?
[Post edited 15 May 2021 14:10]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 08:41 - May 24 with 1938 viewsonehunglow

Well he made it.
A man who never sold out to become an institution .
Obnoxious,arrogant,sardonic genius whose like we wont see again.

Some kid of The Chase hadn't heard of him and he was from London.

Thanks Bob ya miserable ( Not allowed OHL )

Now listen to the lyrics/ (words) Kids.

Something to share with your friends on your mobiles

This post has been edited by an administrator

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:47 - May 24 with 1920 viewsjohnlangy

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 08:41 - May 24 by onehunglow

Well he made it.
A man who never sold out to become an institution .
Obnoxious,arrogant,sardonic genius whose like we wont see again.

Some kid of The Chase hadn't heard of him and he was from London.

Thanks Bob ya miserable ( Not allowed OHL )

Now listen to the lyrics/ (words) Kids.

Something to share with your friends on your mobiles

Can't argue with any of that.

One thing i've always thought. So many people say he's got a terrible voice. Which he has, sort of. But when he sings 'Blowin' In The Wind' and many others he sings them better than anyone else.

Strange but true.
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:53 - May 24 with 1916 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:47 - May 24 by johnlangy

Can't argue with any of that.

One thing i've always thought. So many people say he's got a terrible voice. Which he has, sort of. But when he sings 'Blowin' In The Wind' and many others he sings them better than anyone else.

Strange but true.

Ive been singing that since 1962.
Vocaliing is not always about timbre nor tone nor technical proficiency.Dylan break all the rules.Same with Neil Young .These are not trained singers in any way .

My mother used to hammer me for breathing within a note.

We used to listen to Dylan as teenagers in a front room in Killay wondering what Bob was talking about.

Sub Blues hit me for 6. I still can't undertand how anyone could have come up with this.

Being a vocalist himself ,our Guvna would tell you quality of voice isn't important.

NO OFFENCE

Birth,death,love,hate.It's all there

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 13:46 - May 24 with 1887 viewsKeithHaynes

If you like OP
On the music thread of course 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 14:18 - May 24 with 1880 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 13:46 - May 24 by KeithHaynes

If you like OP
On the music thread of course 👍

Yes,but I contend Bob and his influence is omnipotent and far exceeds simply music .

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:15 - May 24 with 1851 viewsdna

Song Joan Baez wrote about their relationship, superb!

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:30 - May 24 with 1846 viewsLohengrin

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 14:18 - May 24 by onehunglow

Yes,but I contend Bob and his influence is omnipotent and far exceeds simply music .

Just how long a shadow do you think a Turkish Woody Guthrie impersonator is capable of casting?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 17:09 - May 24 with 1831 viewsGaryjack

It ceases to amaze me that despite repeated warnings over abusive language or words disguised to have the same effect. The same usual suspects are still getting away with it without anything being done.
Login to get fewer ads

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 17:40 - May 24 with 1805 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:30 - May 24 by Lohengrin

Just how long a shadow do you think a Turkish Woody Guthrie impersonator is capable of casting?

Loh.
He seems to have done alright.
Not sure whom garyjacks is having a go it.

I had a Turkish take away last week and I also like Turkish baths and barbers

Didn’t like the Ottman Empire though

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 18:06 - May 24 with 1795 viewsYrAlarch

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 17:40 - May 24 by onehunglow

Loh.
He seems to have done alright.
Not sure whom garyjacks is having a go it.

I had a Turkish take away last week and I also like Turkish baths and barbers

Didn’t like the Ottman Empire though

Pity, a great dance hall back in the day.
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 18:12 - May 24 with 1793 viewsLohengrin

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 17:09 - May 24 by Garyjack

It ceases to amaze me that despite repeated warnings over abusive language or words disguised to have the same effect. The same usual suspects are still getting away with it without anything being done.

Eh?

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 21:59 - May 24 with 1729 viewsGaryjack

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 18:12 - May 24 by Lohengrin

Eh?

Simple really. We've all reeled it in due to Keith's requests but obviously it's ok to call to someone a 'kent' even though we know what it really means. But heh! no problem to me, i'm no snowflake, at least we all know that it's ok to call someone a 'kent'! Green light!
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 22:03 - May 24 with 1713 viewsDr_Winston

Pretty gash according to everyone I know who has seen him live.

Like Leonard Cohen. One of those people better at writing songs for other people than performing them himself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 22:05 - May 24 with 1710 viewsWhiterockin

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:53 - May 24 by onehunglow

Vocaliing is not always about timbre nor tone nor technical proficiency.Dylan break all the rules.Same with Neil Young .These are not trained singers in any way .

My mother used to hammer me for breathing within a note.

We used to listen to Dylan as teenagers in a front room in Killay wondering what Bob was talking about.

Sub Blues hit me for 6. I still can't undertand how anyone could have come up with this.

Being a vocalist himself ,our Guvna would tell you quality of voice isn't important.

NO OFFENCE

Birth,death,love,hate.It's all there

You have done well.

Although it was written in 1962 it wasn't recorded and released until 1963.
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 22:36 - May 24 with 1671 viewsGlossolalia

I appreciate his lyricism but I genuinely can't stand to listen to him. Ropey harmonica player, intolerable voice and the usual folk chord progressions.

I have tinnitus and I consider it slightly more bearable than listening to the seemingly interminable verses of Mr Tambourine Man.

Same applies for Neil Young's voice. There's a limit, and his cawing, gutless voice is too much to handle. Sorry to be negative but I've participated ain't I?

Give me John Martyn's velvet-smooth, insouciant vocals coupled with his quality guitar work any day. Now there's a player and a singer.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 22:40]
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 22:37 - May 24 with 1670 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/272252/offensive-language-and-abuse-to-others-on-this-site/#0

Please

There’s just no need to swear irrespective of the context. If anything is going to close down this website it’s the persistent profanity dressed up in other words.

Remember, kids read this, and google searches link our attempts to do good with abuse.
THINK PLEASE.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 02:50 - May 25 with 1607 viewsLohengrin

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 21:59 - May 24 by Garyjack

Simple really. We've all reeled it in due to Keith's requests but obviously it's ok to call to someone a 'kent' even though we know what it really means. But heh! no problem to me, i'm no snowflake, at least we all know that it's ok to call someone a 'kent'! Green light!

Ah! right, I’m with you now. I was left scratching my head for a while, I thought you’d taken spectacular umbrage at me calling Bob a Woody Guthrie impersonator.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 07:21 - May 25 with 1574 viewsProfessor

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 02:50 - May 25 by Lohengrin

Ah! right, I’m with you now. I was left scratching my head for a while, I thought you’d taken spectacular umbrage at me calling Bob a Woody Guthrie impersonator.

Billy Bragg is the pound shop Guthrie. Dylan a great writer but shot as a performer by the mid 70s. Remember my mother buying ‘Live at Budokan’ . Don’t think it ever made it past side 1. That’s not to decry the change he drove and a folk and electric performer or great records like Highway 61 …
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 08:27 - May 25 with 1561 viewsonehunglow

The usual replies.Bad singer etc,Neil Young too. Music is subjective .It's why some liked Queen whilst others saw them as pretentious middle class people. Bowie?,idolised by many but left others cold.

My point was and is the song they have written,performed countless times;there's a reason for that.People can't see it then that is for them.

Ive seen great praise over the years for the likes of Iron Maiden,Motorhead -to me horrendous .

As for Kent,nobody likes them posh people gary,me ol former mate.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:00 - May 25 with 1543 viewsProfessor

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 08:27 - May 25 by onehunglow

The usual replies.Bad singer etc,Neil Young too. Music is subjective .It's why some liked Queen whilst others saw them as pretentious middle class people. Bowie?,idolised by many but left others cold.

My point was and is the song they have written,performed countless times;there's a reason for that.People can't see it then that is for them.

Ive seen great praise over the years for the likes of Iron Maiden,Motorhead -to me horrendous .

As for Kent,nobody likes them posh people gary,me ol former mate.

I like Neil Young. Went to see him in Liverpool Arena a few years back with Crazy Horse. People were moaning. There were expecting ‘Harvest’ and got the full rock treatment. I though it was great myself. Not so keen on Dylan as a performer but respect his work and unsurpassed as a writer.
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:04 - May 25 with 1537 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:00 - May 25 by Professor

I like Neil Young. Went to see him in Liverpool Arena a few years back with Crazy Horse. People were moaning. There were expecting ‘Harvest’ and got the full rock treatment. I though it was great myself. Not so keen on Dylan as a performer but respect his work and unsurpassed as a writer.

When Ian Macnabb opened for him,he was ok back stage .Spiky,tricky and awkward .

One take he told us was when he was playing "Rocking in the Free World" at a huge gig when he was playing very loud but in a different key to Crazy House. He forgot he changed the key but carried on.

I feel the majority on here have no idea as to the impact of

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:12 - May 25 with 1534 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:00 - May 25 by Professor

When Ian Macnabb opened for him,he was ok back stage .Spiky,tricky and awkward .

One take he told us was when he was playing "Rocking in the Free World" at a huge gig when he was playing very loud but in a different key to Crazy House. He forgot he changed the key but carried on.

I feel the majority on here have no idea as to the impact of Dylan and Young.The fact they mention voices is key.Ever heard a worse voice than Tom Waits? Me neither.

Love and Mercy was recorded when he voice was "shot" but if one listens to it,one's life passes before the eyes.

Johnny Cash last album is the most affecting you'd ever hear especially "Hurt" ,recorded in pain .

Quality of voice does not necessarily make a great artist. That needs more.

My ol mum was a classically trained mezzo and could be heard above a congregation at Church/Chapels easily but he has no "personality" as such when interpreting songs.

Finally ,not sure the likes of Ed Sheeran ,Rag n Bone man, and their like will leave the same legacy .

I might start a thread on singer songwriters but very busy here

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 10:13 - May 25 with 1522 viewsGlossolalia

Tom Waits' voice on The Old Grey Whistle Test, when he sang Waltzing Matilda, is exceptional. He sounds like an alcohol-soaked Disney villain and it's wonderful.

The issue is how much emphasis one puts on music as a carrier for a message, regardless of innate talent. In my opinion, having an eloquent vocabulary is not enough to ignore other shortcomings. Dylan is not nice to listen to, nor is Young.
Most on here do appreciate Dylan's pen; the fact he won the Nobel Literature Prize says all about his talents and nothing about his actual music.
Yes music can be anything, and I listen to Chopin or Erik Satie one day, and doom metal the next. The common theme is that despite these disparate genres, and all in between, they actually sound good.
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 10:40 - May 25 with 1514 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 10:13 - May 25 by Glossolalia

Tom Waits' voice on The Old Grey Whistle Test, when he sang Waltzing Matilda, is exceptional. He sounds like an alcohol-soaked Disney villain and it's wonderful.

The issue is how much emphasis one puts on music as a carrier for a message, regardless of innate talent. In my opinion, having an eloquent vocabulary is not enough to ignore other shortcomings. Dylan is not nice to listen to, nor is Young.
Most on here do appreciate Dylan's pen; the fact he won the Nobel Literature Prize says all about his talents and nothing about his actual music.
Yes music can be anything, and I listen to Chopin or Erik Satie one day, and doom metal the next. The common theme is that despite these disparate genres, and all in between, they actually sound good.

You 're a good poster,a great read. Waits to me sounds horrific. Listen to Bad as Me and then how Sir Tom does it. It proves my point.

Have to admit Neil Young is a very personal subject for my Mrs who simply played his early tuff,in particularly, round the clock almost.

If we all thought the same,I d hate to be alive.

And,just for all my readers,this chap had his own show on prime time telly and women loved him.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 10:49 - May 25 with 1513 viewsGlossolalia

Absolutely loved Roussos on Aphrodite's Child's 666 album. There's something eerie and beguiling about his voice; such a distinctive, tight vibrato. His flits and slides are also so hard to replicate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024