Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge - ACL 10:00 - May 25 with 1401 views34dfgdf54

Probably a career ender?

Let's get it done for him Saturday. Fair dos Cooper was in tears after the game regarding him. Shows how highly he is thought of here.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 10:07]
Routledge - ACL on 10:22 - May 25 with 1350 viewsonehunglow

Ive always though Routledge a good player,albeit one who is overrated,but that is jut me.
To end a career like that ,a tbis would,is just sickening and I feel for the man.

If nothing else,a model professional and a finer role model it's harder to find.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Routledge - ACL on 10:52 - May 25 with 1318 viewsOptimisticJack

Absolutely gutted for Wayne.
Hopefully he will be able to be there on Saturday and given a great ovation by all our fans.

Optimisticjack

Routledge - ACL on 11:46 - May 25 with 1261 viewstrampie

Pity for Routs, he has been a great servant to the Swans.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Routledge - ACL on 12:18 - May 25 with 1238 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The technique for this goal is incredible.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Routledge - ACL on 12:44 - May 25 with 1211 viewsBoundy

IMO one of our most technically gifted players we've had at the club , not everything he tried came of but he had the vision and confidence to at least try

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Routledge - ACL on 12:51 - May 25 with 1200 viewsjack247

Saturday was quite likely going to be the end for him here anyway. I’d be a lot more confident going into the final with him in the team or on the bench. Chance for others to step up.

As for his tenure here, he’s been one of our best. Every manager has eventually realised we’re a better team with him in it.
Routledge - ACL on 12:57 - May 25 with 1186 viewstrampie

Routledge never ever scored enough goals, the rest of his game was very good.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Routledge - ACL on 18:12 - May 25 with 1069 viewsmax936

That's horrific news, I saw him walking around after the game and thought he'd be ok,

Get Well Soon WR, Thanks for what you've done for Swansea City AFC

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge - ACL on 20:25 - May 25 with 988 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m unsure as to what capacity he has personally to coach and teach, but if he goes for his badges and fits our brief he should certainly be given a role. at least he knows all about passing the football.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Routledge - ACL on 20:59 - May 25 with 956 viewsmax936

Routledge - ACL on 20:25 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

I’m unsure as to what capacity he has personally to coach and teach, but if he goes for his badges and fits our brief he should certainly be given a role. at least he knows all about passing the football.

A place should be found for someone with his intelligence and certainly his football intelligence.

Routledge - ACL on 21:18 - May 25 with 950 viewsjasper_T

Routledge - ACL on 20:25 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

Think he said in an interview the other day he hadn't even considered it until this season. Usually the ones with a mind to do it and limited playing time start much earlier. Alan Tate had his B before he left us as a player, and didn't complete his pro until last year.

Takes time but people are always keen to see players they liked rushed into management/coaching. A few jobs for the boys keeps the fans sweet.
Routledge - ACL on 21:49 - May 25 with 915 viewsKeithHaynes

Routledge - ACL on 21:18 - May 25 by jasper_T

Think he said in an interview the other day he hadn't even considered it until this season. Usually the ones with a mind to do it and limited playing time start much earlier. Alan Tate had his B before he left us as a player, and didn't complete his pro until last year.

Takes time but people are always keen to see players they liked rushed into management/coaching. A few jobs for the boys keeps the fans sweet.

Jobs for the boys do concern me.

Routledge - ACL on 21:53 - May 25 with 915 viewsmax936

I'm not keen on this jobs for the boys malarkey, but in Routs there's a difference you can see his intelligence in his football, coupled with the fact that he's intelligent off the field, I think he'd have a lot to offer, then again he may feel its not for him, who knows, a mate of mine used to play golf with him and our former goal keeper Gerhard Tremmel, Gerhard and Wayne are good friends.

Routledge - ACL on 21:57 - May 25 with 910 viewsKeithHaynes

Routledge - ACL on 21:53 - May 25 by max936

I'm not keen on this jobs for the boys malarkey, but in Routs there's a difference you can see his intelligence in his football, coupled with the fact that he's intelligent off the field, I think he'd have a lot to offer, then again he may feel its not for him, who knows, a mate of mine used to play golf with him and our former goal keeper Gerhard Tremmel, Gerhard and Wayne are good friends.

His wealth accumulation which is millions at Swansea is potentially enough for him to take a few years out.

Routledge - ACL on 22:28 - May 25 with 887 viewsCatullus

Maybe he'd make a good pundit? He'd have to be better than Lawrenson!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Routledge - ACL on 07:03 - May 26 with 840 viewsjack247

We always have this. It was Britton for a while, Rangel since he retired, Routledge was bound to be next.

If there’s a vacancy and an ex player is the best man for the job, then it’s a no brainer. Unfortunately, they are rarely the best man for the job.
Routledge - ACL on 08:26 - May 26 with 811 viewsonehunglow

Routledge was a great professional.
He made serious money at our club

We need to end this sentimental garbage about employing former players .Only the best possible,not untried ex employees.

Routledge - ACL on 08:55 - May 26 with 806 viewsDr_Winston

Quality player. Bargain signing. Excellent for six or seven years. Probably should have been moved on when we dropped out of the Prem.

It'll be a damn shame if his career ends this way, but at least he'll be going out with some appreciation, rather than tossed aside like an afterthought as Nathan Dyer was.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge - ACL on 12:22 - May 26 with 754 viewsshaggyrogers

Routledge - ACL on 08:26 - May 26 by onehunglow

Routledge was a great professional.
He made serious money at our club

We need to end this sentimental garbage about employing former players .Only the best possible,not untried ex employees.

It is very sad to see him probably end his career with us in this way but we have no idea whether he will make a good coach or if he actually wants to coach. We can't keep filling posts based on how long a player played for us.
Routledge - ACL on 18:07 - May 26 with 692 viewsonehunglow

Routledge - ACL on 12:22 - May 26 by shaggyrogers

It is very sad to see him probably end his career with us in this way but we have no idea whether he will make a good coach or if he actually wants to coach. We can't keep filling posts based on how long a player played for us.

Absolutely.
We are a business
Wayne is a top pro and will need to take the next stage in his life path.

It means moving in.

We all do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024