Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich 19:00 - Jun 5 with 1218 viewsraynor94

Selling the crown jewels already, Buendia signing for Villa £30 Million

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Norwich on 19:03 - Jun 5 with 1212 viewsKeithHaynes

Not a very Beundia at all.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Norwich on 19:07 - Jun 5 with 1195 viewsjack247

Not many clubs can afford to turn money like that down. Promoted teams seem more prudent recently, rather than throw everything at survival, go with more or less what you went up with. You’re in the money whether you stay up or not.
Norwich on 19:21 - Jun 5 with 1158 viewsjasper_T

Was a miracle they were able to hold onto him for last season, covid worked in their favour there.

Villa still spending money like they're a Champions League club.
Norwich on 19:31 - Jun 5 with 1135 viewspencoedjack

Norwich on 19:21 - Jun 5 by jasper_T

Was a miracle they were able to hold onto him for last season, covid worked in their favour there.

Villa still spending money like they're a Champions League club.

Possibly money from Grealish sale?
Norwich on 20:08 - Jun 5 with 1104 viewsjasper_T

Norwich on 19:31 - Jun 5 by pencoedjack

Possibly money from Grealish sale?

What fee are they expecting? Have spent ~£250m on players since promotion. £70m accounts loss to get promoted, another £100m their first season up. No sign of slowing down.

The benefit of having billionaires backers, I suppose. Almost went bust before they stepped in. Hope they don't get bored.
Norwich on 20:24 - Jun 5 with 1089 viewsCatullus

Norwich on 20:08 - Jun 5 by jasper_T

What fee are they expecting? Have spent ~£250m on players since promotion. £70m accounts loss to get promoted, another £100m their first season up. No sign of slowing down.

The benefit of having billionaires backers, I suppose. Almost went bust before they stepped in. Hope they don't get bored.

Maybe they hope to become an established top end side? If they can get to that level the money is guaranteed.

It's clubs like us that need to be more cautious.

To be honest, given the stats with and without Buendia, is 30 mill really a good deal, they lose a lot without him!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Norwich on 20:33 - Jun 5 with 1075 viewsjack247

Norwich on 20:24 - Jun 5 by Catullus

Maybe they hope to become an established top end side? If they can get to that level the money is guaranteed.

It's clubs like us that need to be more cautious.

To be honest, given the stats with and without Buendia, is 30 mill really a good deal, they lose a lot without him!

If they manage a transfer surplus, bank the tv money and come down with 3 years of parachute payments, it’s a good deal.

There’s a good chance they’ll be relegated with or without him
Norwich on 20:45 - Jun 5 with 1065 viewsCatullus

Norwich on 20:33 - Jun 5 by jack247

If they manage a transfer surplus, bank the tv money and come down with 3 years of parachute payments, it’s a good deal.

There’s a good chance they’ll be relegated with or without him

I suppose, in the end, it depends how they spend that money. Can they grow the club?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich on 22:33 - Jun 6 with 836 viewsbritferry

he never played against us in Feb, I remember them saying thats why they lost, they could have been right, they went on a hell of run afterwards

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Norwich on 22:37 - Jun 6 with 834 views34dfgdf54

Villa chucking money at ward prowse now aswell.
Norwich on 09:06 - Jun 7 with 749 viewsmajorraglan

Norwich on 19:07 - Jun 5 by jack247

Not many clubs can afford to turn money like that down. Promoted teams seem more prudent recently, rather than throw everything at survival, go with more or less what you went up with. You’re in the money whether you stay up or not.

This, in my opinion is the correct approach to take. If done properly it will enable the club to improve structures, improve the academy etc, grow the club all on a sustainable basis. If a club becomes a yo-yo club for 3, 4,5, 6 years without losses and is able to grow eventually the possibility of becoming an established club will take root.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 9:07]
Norwich on 11:20 - Jun 7 with 692 viewsReslovenSwan1

Norwich on 09:06 - Jun 7 by majorraglan

This, in my opinion is the correct approach to take. If done properly it will enable the club to improve structures, improve the academy etc, grow the club all on a sustainable basis. If a club becomes a yo-yo club for 3, 4,5, 6 years without losses and is able to grow eventually the possibility of becoming an established club will take root.

Spend £300m to become sustainable. Great logic. They might et their money back but it is unlikely.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Norwich on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 674 viewsCatullus

Norwich on 11:20 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Spend £300m to become sustainable. Great logic. They might et their money back but it is unlikely.

Better to spend 300 million over 6/7 years and have something good than to splurge a load in one or two seasons and ruin the club, Portsmouth, Leeds, lessons every club should learn. After all, as long as that 300 million is from sales and profits rather than borrowed then it is sustainable. As long as wages are kept within budget.

Norwich on 12:24 - Jun 7 with 655 viewsjack247

Norwich on 11:20 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

I think you’re confusing investing the owners money with investing the PL money they’d get from being a yo yo club.

If you get 3 massive cash injections without significantly increasing outgoings, then spend that on academies, training facilities, their ground etc, of course its sustainable.
Norwich on 16:16 - Jun 7 with 594 viewsReslovenSwan1

Norwich on 12:24 - Jun 7 by jack247

I think you’re confusing investing the owners money with investing the PL money they’d get from being a yo yo club.

If you get 3 massive cash injections without significantly increasing outgoings, then spend that on academies, training facilities, their ground etc, of course its sustainable.

Yes sorry. I thought he was discussing Villa.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Norwich on 19:35 - Jun 7 with 551 viewsDr_Winston

Norwich on 09:06 - Jun 7 by majorraglan

Let's be honest, if we got to the Prem and didn't spend absolutely every penny and more on players the wails about "No Ambishun!" and "Asset Stripping!" would be even more common and tedious than they are now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Norwich on 20:32 - Jun 7 with 524 viewsjack247

Norwich on 16:16 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes sorry. I thought he was discussing Villa.

I agree with you there. They’ll probably cash in on Grealish, but they are only one bad season from being a car crash. You’re right, probably won’t claw back all they’ve spent regardless
Norwich on 22:23 - Jun 7 with 495 viewsAndyCole

Blimey. £30m.

Imagine if we had had Buendia, and/or Cantwell, Pukki. Let alone all 3 !

Or even just Cantwell.

We were far better than them when we comfortably triumphed 2-0.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024