Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club announcement pending 20:58 - Jul 20 with 36857 viewsKeithHaynes

Sorry we can’t bring any more than this at the moment, but it’s only fair we place on record we are told the club are about to make an announcement. It would be wrong to speculate any further at this time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Club announcement pending on 18:13 - Jul 21 with 1666 viewsonehunglow

Club announcement pending on 18:10 - Jul 21 by raynor94

He got us to the play offs twice, prepare to reap what we sow, I just hope this isn't going to be a rushed appointment, and we have done due diligence

and failed twice Ray ,this season from a very strong position.

Anyway, it's a great chance for someone but yes ,we have to make it right and any man that can inspire will do for me.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Club announcement pending on 18:14 - Jul 21 with 1665 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 17:56 - Jul 21 by jack247

Yes it’s a simple analogy, it was also unnecessary as we both, along with everyone reading, understood the points.

I’ve been more complimentary than most towards Cooper. I’ve stated many times recently that despite my misgivings over his playing style, his results override that for me and I’d rather he stay, which is not the common consensus on here.

After stating this separation was likely down to him making things awkward after not getting the Palace or Fulham jobs, do you honestly think he wasn’t touting himself out? He’s arrived at a situation where he’s leaving his job without another lined up.

Fulham quite categorically stated that Silva was always their number one target. They may be lying, but they did say that.

How do you know they didn’t make it known they’d let him go for next to nothing. They’d tell his agent, they’d tell interested clubs. They wouldn’t put out a press release.

I’m not sure the understanding was there at all. You were under the impression that as we had agreed to it, we wanted it to happen. I think you made the point of framing it that “we paid him to leave”, which doesn’t quite give an accurate picture of the situation.

Those analogies showed that you can take a financial hit to break a contract without proactively wanting it to happen. Realising it’s now for the best and wanting it to happen all summer aren’t in the same stratosphere.

You have been better than most, agreed. But you have also fallen into the trap of wanting to frame things negatively to paint a false picture or indeed the most unlikely one. Again “touting himself around” was a main one, when clearly he didn’t. Yes I truly believe he wasn’t touting himself about, he spoke to Palace after they requested to speak to him. Perfectly normal.

Yes Fulham did say that, but again they weren’t going to say we got our number 2 target. I think it was widely accepted Fulham had Cooper in mind but didn’t want to pay the money.

Football is not a secretive world. These forums knew Cooper was going long before anything came out. If Swansea were willing to let him go for nothing, we would know about it as it most certainly would not be confidential information.

Again, you don’t try to open contract negotiations with someone you are wanting to get rid of for free. It’s a narrative that again is being painted in the negative when all rationale suggests it isn’t realistic.

We wanted him to stay. He wanted to leave. We said he can if people pay the price. They don’t. He downs tools and demands to be released from his contract. We reluctantly agree.

That’s essentially what has been reported and nothing I’ve seen suggests that isn’t the case. To paint it as something other than that seems strange to me.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Club announcement pending on 18:15 - Jul 21 with 1660 viewsWhiterockin

"Swansea City can confirm that head coach Steve Cooper has decided to leave the club."

So he decided to leave.

“This decision was reached amicably two weeks ago, and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for taking pre-season and for his professionalism while this process has been resolved."

The club have already had 2 weeks to sort out a replacement.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-steve-cooper-leaves-swansea-city
Club announcement pending on 18:15 - Jul 21 with 1652 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 18:13 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

and failed twice Ray ,this season from a very strong position.

Anyway, it's a great chance for someone but yes ,we have to make it right and any man that can inspire will do for me.

All our Premier League managers failed to win the Premier League with us too. And failed to get us Champions League qualification.

Painting that intentionally negatively like that is also very silly though.

Club announcement pending on 18:20 - Jul 21 with 1610 viewsThornburyswan

Club announcement pending on 18:04 - Jul 21 by Johnw102

Club statement gone by mutual consent!!

Interesting point to me was Winter confirming this was agreed 2 weeks ago & thanking Steve for taking pre-season - if Winter is as good as he pitches then I’d expect a new gaffer in place by the weekend, anything longer than that would suggest we are not as prepared as we should be.
Club announcement pending on 18:22 - Jul 21 with 1588 viewsonehunglow

Club announcement pending on 18:15 - Jul 21 by Dr_Parnassus

All our Premier League managers failed to win the Premier League with us too. And failed to get us Champions League qualification.

Painting that intentionally negatively like that is also very silly though.

It’s neither negative or silly unless you find reality such

Club announcement pending on 18:23 - Jul 21 with 1590 viewsAndyCole

Club announcement pending on 18:15 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

"Swansea City can confirm that head coach Steve Cooper has decided to leave the club."

So he decided to leave.

“This decision was reached amicably two weeks ago, and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for taking pre-season and for his professionalism while this process has been resolved."

The club have already had 2 weeks to sort out a replacement.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-steve-cooper-leaves-swansea-city

Succession planning is one of Winter's fortes apparently. They will have been sourcing a successor long before 2 weeks ago.

A massive test for Winter. Birch got it right. HJ mainly got it right and unearthed, and developed some crackers. The Swansea edge - which attracts top potential.

No pressure Julian.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Club announcement pending on 18:24 - Jul 21 with 1576 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 18:22 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

It’s neither negative or silly unless you find reality such

So do you think Swansea failed in their 7 years in the top flight because we failed to win the league? Or failed to get Champions league qualification?

Be honest.

Login to get fewer ads

Club announcement pending on 18:24 - Jul 21 with 1574 viewsonehunglow

Club announcement pending on 18:23 - Jul 21 by AndyCole

Succession planning is one of Winter's fortes apparently. They will have been sourcing a successor long before 2 weeks ago.

A massive test for Winter. Birch got it right. HJ mainly got it right and unearthed, and developed some crackers. The Swansea edge - which attracts top potential.

No pressure Julian.

Owain thinks we re going downhill .

I think this could turn us around.
It’s the hope that kills.

Club announcement pending on 18:26 - Jul 21 with 1568 viewsjeza739

Club announcement pending on 17:09 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

If Howe was named as manager would you say the club have played a blinder. Very unlikely I know, just putting it out there.

There's zero chance of Eddie Howe or any significant name coming here. From reading the statement and from what's been established all he wanted before entering into contract negotiations was a bit of support. What did he get? 2 yanks he didn't want, who were neither fit enough or probably good enough.
This has been on the cards since Jan and odds on since Wembley.
Any experienced, self respecting prospective manager will look at what's happened, think if he can get that squad to play offs 2 yrs running and still doesn't get support what chance have I ..
No thank you, I'm not interested will be their reply.
Club announcement pending on 18:48 - Jul 21 with 1428 viewsshingle

Club announcement pending on 18:23 - Jul 21 by AndyCole

No pressure Julian.

How did the last manager Winter appointed do🤔
Club announcement pending on 19:01 - Jul 21 with 1360 viewsshingle

Looks like yes man Cam Toshack plenty of experience with the u23s and was the force behind some farmers club in Cyprus, however the sale of Grimes should ensure a few more mill is pocketed for the American twosome that run us.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 19:06]
Club announcement pending on 19:12 - Jul 21 with 1316 viewsReslovenSwan1

Club announcement pending on 19:01 - Jul 21 by shingle

Looks like yes man Cam Toshack plenty of experience with the u23s and was the force behind some farmers club in Cyprus, however the sale of Grimes should ensure a few more mill is pocketed for the American twosome that run us.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 19:06]

Perhaps they will use it to pay off their own loan to the club. This would sort of make sense. Thee has been a pandemic and money is is short supply.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Club announcement pending on 19:14 - Jul 21 with 1302 viewsDr_Winston

The whole "We knew he was leaving two weeks ago" is particularly interesting when you note that Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth filled their managerial jobs around two/three weeks ago.

We gave him a chance to tout himself about and find something else. He couldn't. Mutual consent was the last resort.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Club announcement pending on 19:18 - Jul 21 with 1277 viewslondonlisa2001

Club announcement pending on 19:12 - Jul 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Perhaps they will use it to pay off their own loan to the club. This would sort of make sense. Thee has been a pandemic and money is is short supply.

You’ve spent weeks saying they have access to billions.
Club announcement pending on 19:20 - Jul 21 with 1267 viewsshingle

Club announcement pending on 19:12 - Jul 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Such a naive and gullible fan base is another major problem were they doing such a great job before the pandemic, they must be truly thankful having guys like you on board🤣
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 19:22]
Club announcement pending on 19:23 - Jul 21 with 1233 viewslondonlisa2001

Club announcement pending on 19:14 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

The whole "We knew he was leaving two weeks ago" is particularly interesting when you note that Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth filled their managerial jobs around two/three weeks ago.

We gave him a chance to tout himself about and find something else. He couldn't. Mutual consent was the last resort.

I suspect there’s a lot of truth in that.

However, it makes you wonder whether there was any truth in the compensation amount playing a part in him not getting the jobs. Because if that’s the case, that would be quite spectacularly ridiculous.

Who knows though. May have been a complete red herring and there was never the slightest chance of us holding out foe compensation, he just didn’t get the roles.

I worry that we may look back on this as one of those Charlton moments. Let’s see who is appointed and then who they bring in. Because that team last night is not good enough.
Club announcement pending on 19:31 - Jul 21 with 1195 viewsmagicdaps10

So, supposedly this was all agreed 2wks back and Cooper agreed to stay on to give the players a pre season until a new manager was found.

Going by that, we can expect an appointment quite soon.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Club announcement pending on 19:31 - Jul 21 with 1192 viewsDr_Winston

Club announcement pending on 19:23 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

I suspect there’s a lot of truth in that.

However, it makes you wonder whether there was any truth in the compensation amount playing a part in him not getting the jobs. Because if that’s the case, that would be quite spectacularly ridiculous.

Who knows though. May have been a complete red herring and there was never the slightest chance of us holding out foe compensation, he just didn’t get the roles.

I worry that we may look back on this as one of those Charlton moments. Let’s see who is appointed and then who they bring in. Because that team last night is not good enough.

I don't, and never have, believed for a second that the club would insist on £3.5m. They'd probably have taken whatever the cost for for a likely replacement. Far from convinced that we particularly wanted him to sign a new deal either. Might have offered him an extension on the same terms for forms sake, but no more than that.

More likely that he just wasn't wanted. By anyone. Including us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Club announcement pending on 19:33 - Jul 21 with 1172 viewslondonlisa2001

Club announcement pending on 19:31 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

I don't, and never have, believed for a second that the club would insist on £3.5m. They'd probably have taken whatever the cost for for a likely replacement. Far from convinced that we particularly wanted him to sign a new deal either. Might have offered him an extension on the same terms for forms sake, but no more than that.

More likely that he just wasn't wanted. By anyone. Including us.

Hmmm.

Who knows.

I hope that we look back on this though without seeing a quite dreadful cockup.
Club announcement pending on 19:38 - Jul 21 with 1141 viewsReslovenSwan1

Club announcement pending on 19:18 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

They are more concerned by creating a sustainable football team that generates its own income. In effect growing and developing as seen in the glorious 'Jenkinista era' 2002-2017. Not a bean invested and still kicking Man Utd and Arsenal home and away.

This methodology must work as they cannot compete with the Sovereign wealth funds. Getting to the Premier league with £100m debts like some teams is not an aspiration for them in my opinion.

I believe Swansea city to them is a challenge and a test of their investment and ability. Cooper was doomed the moment he sniffily dismissed the two team USA players offered to him. I watched Arriola the other day. He was super energetic and skill full. Given 17 minutes.

When they come to sell I firmly believe they will find a buyer without too much trouble as long has they have a credible team and business plan for the club including the much talked about stadium expansion and naming right. Burnely did it funded by the Dell Corporation.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Club announcement pending on 19:39 - Jul 21 with 1137 viewsmax936

Club announcement pending on 19:18 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Club announcement pending on 19:40 - Jul 21 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

Club announcement pending on 19:38 - Jul 21 by ReslovenSwan1

They are more concerned by creating a sustainable football team that generates its own income. In effect growing and developing as seen in the glorious 'Jenkinista era' 2002-2017. Not a bean invested and still kicking Man Utd and Arsenal home and away.

This methodology must work as they cannot compete with the Sovereign wealth funds. Getting to the Premier league with £100m debts like some teams is not an aspiration for them in my opinion.

I believe Swansea city to them is a challenge and a test of their investment and ability. Cooper was doomed the moment he sniffily dismissed the two team USA players offered to him. I watched Arriola the other day. He was super energetic and skill full. Given 17 minutes.

When they come to sell I firmly believe they will find a buyer without too much trouble as long has they have a credible team and business plan for the club including the much talked about stadium expansion and naming right. Burnely did it funded by the Dell Corporation.

"sustainable" is now a word as abused as "super" and just as meaningless.

Club announcement pending on 19:42 - Jul 21 with 1130 viewsmax936

Club announcement pending on 19:31 - Jul 21 by magicdaps10

So, supposedly this was all agreed 2wks back and Cooper agreed to stay on to give the players a pre season until a new manager was found.

Going by that, we can expect an appointment quite soon.

Smoke and mirrors, COE's such as Winters are good at that,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Club announcement pending on 19:52 - Jul 21 with 1080 viewsBoundy

Club announcement pending on 17:53 - Jul 21 by Johnw102

Hughes, Pulis, Allardyce, Pardew any of them would be emotional!!!
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 17:54]

any one of them and I'd be emotional

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024