Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City manager latest 20:57 - Jul 22 with 5780 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City will announce the new manager and any additions by 5pm on Friday, however there are still matters ongoing with several candidates, the prime one being Eustace as it stands tonight.

The new manager will be at Bristol Rovers on Saturday if the finer detail is agreed.

Alan Tate will take charge of team matters in the interim.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City manager latest on 09:55 - Jul 23 with 1432 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City manager latest on 09:31 - Jul 23 by Thornburyswan

Completely agree with you . . . . but what a ride it would be after Cooper!

Yes would compare it to coming out of a 2 year coma and jumping onto a rollercoaster.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City manager latest on 09:59 - Jul 23 with 1401 viewscymrojack

Let's offer Osian the gig.

He most certainly has the qualifications, experience , broad footballing network and of course is also a proud Cymro.

I fail to see how John Eustace offers anything superior in any way.

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea City manager latest on 10:13 - Jul 23 with 1317 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City manager latest on 09:59 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

Let's offer Osian the gig.

He most certainly has the qualifications, experience , broad footballing network and of course is also a proud Cymro.

I fail to see how John Eustace offers anything superior in any way.

Bellamy is Welsh too ,so is Mark Hughes.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City manager latest on 10:24 - Jul 23 with 1274 viewscymrojack

Hunglow - My main point being football wise he is absolutely not inferior to Eustace in any way so if he is available, in a straight pick between him and Eustace I would pick Osian Roberts. The inclusion of other names is irrelevant to my original point.

Swansea City manager latest on 10:36 - Jul 23 with 1206 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City manager latest on 10:24 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

Hunglow - My main point being football wise he is absolutely not inferior to Eustace in any way so if he is available, in a straight pick between him and Eustace I would pick Osian Roberts. The inclusion of other names is irrelevant to my original point.

And my point is don't allow nationality to come into play.
I care not on what nationality the next manager has.
Cymro/Canadian/Chad-it just don't matter to me.

Swansea City manager latest on 10:41 - Jul 23 with 1185 viewscymrojack

Well Hunglow, we are, after all a club from Cymru.

Nationality is important in the context that a proportion of our supporter base will prefer Osian Roberts to John Eustace because 1/ he is from Cymru and 2/ He can speak Cymraeg

Additionally, he will have superb links across Cymru, and thus will benefit the club in player recruitment.

Thus Andy Scott can continue to work across the rest of the British Isles and if people are so determined that Angel Rangel has a role, perhaps he could work in talent identification across Ewrop.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 10:42]

Swansea City manager latest on 10:43 - Jul 23 with 1169 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City manager latest on 10:24 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

"football wise he is absolutely not inferior to Eustace in any." How about the fact that Roberts has never ever played at Football League standard, has never managed at any level in the Football League. Managing Morocco will not open many doors. Eustace's background is far more appropriate for the likes of Swansea City.
Swansea City manager latest on 10:43 - Jul 23 with 1167 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City manager latest on 10:41 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

Nationality is important in the context that a proportion of our supporter base will prefer Osian Roberts to John Eustace because 1/ he is from Cymru and 2/ He can speak Cymraeg

Additionally, he will have superb links across Cymru, and thus will benefit the club in player recruitment.

Thus Andy Scott can continue to work across the rest of the British Isles and if people are so determined that Angel Rangel has a role, perhaps he could work in talent identification across Ewrop.

Why don't we play in the League of Cymru?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City manager latest on 10:49 - Jul 23 with 1135 viewscymrojack

The City should have a team in the Cymru Premier. Prifysgol Abertawe came close to achieving that of late.

Swansea City manager latest on 10:52 - Jul 23 with 1123 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City manager latest on 10:49 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

The City should have a team in the Cymru Premier. Prifysgol Abertawe came close to achieving that of late.

I don’t care if our next manager is welsh or not,nor even if he is and as proud as you could wish to be.

Sentiment in sport kills stone dead.

Swansea City manager latest on 11:05 - Jul 23 with 1071 viewscymrojack

Swansea City manager latest on 10:43 - Jul 23 by nantywatcher

"football wise he is absolutely not inferior to Eustace in any." How about the fact that Roberts has never ever played at Football League standard, has never managed at any level in the Football League. Managing Morocco will not open many doors. Eustace's background is far more appropriate for the likes of Swansea City.

Are you essentially saying that anybody who has not played at football league standard is thus incapable of managing at that level?
I would imagine that there are football fans reading this who are exceptionally more intelligent than you or I that would disagree.

Swansea City manager latest on 11:23 - Jul 23 with 974 viewsmax936

Swansea City manager latest on 08:51 - Jul 23 by raynor94

10 years ago, way past his best by date, just a clown these days

His hobby was building Chicken houses and keeping Chickens, not sure if he still has that hobby, but he's added Weightlifting//bodybuilding to his repartee now

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City manager latest on 11:30 - Jul 23 with 943 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City manager latest on 10:52 - Jul 23 by onehunglow

I don’t care if our next manager is welsh or not,nor even if he is and as proud as you could wish to be.

Sentiment in sport kills stone dead.

exactly so why are so many calling for Rangel to be manager or assisitant

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City manager latest on 11:32 - Jul 23 with 928 viewsandypitt56

Swansea City manager latest on 11:30 - Jul 23 by vetchonian

Because he is Spanish and played under Martinez, so that clearly makes him Martinez mkII
Swansea City manager latest on 11:37 - Jul 23 with 902 viewshowenjack

Swansea City manager latest on 10:41 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

Don't you mean Ewerop ??
Swansea City manager latest on 11:42 - Jul 23 with 863 viewsDr_Winston

We've just had a Welsh manager and he wasn't very good.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City manager latest on 11:46 - Jul 23 with 853 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City manager latest on 11:05 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

Are you essentially saying that anybody who has not played at football league standard is thus incapable of managing at that level?
I would imagine that there are football fans reading this who are exceptionally more intelligent than you or I that would disagree.

I have not said that. I am categorically stating that a person who has not ramped up many years of living within the environment of professional football is at a massive disadvantage, and a detail which would weigh heavily with me if I was involved in the decision making.
Swansea City manager latest on 12:22 - Jul 23 with 768 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City manager latest on 11:42 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Did better than the previous manager though

let me see season 2018/19 we finished 10th, 2019/20 we finished 6th and last season we finished 4th

Again you base your opinion on myth!!

Swansea City manager latest on 12:23 - Jul 23 with 767 viewsvetchonian

hes gone let it go

Swansea City manager latest on 12:47 - Jul 23 with 724 viewspencoedjack

We have a few Welsh nationalists posting & they are not very good either.
Swansea City manager latest on 12:53 - Jul 23 with 701 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City manager latest on 12:47 - Jul 23 by pencoedjack

We have a few Welsh nationalists posting & they are not very good either.

True.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City manager latest on 13:28 - Jul 23 with 618 viewsjack247

Swansea City manager latest on 11:30 - Jul 23 by vetchonian

Because people have a very narrow view of available options.

I can’t think of anyone within our range who would be a better coach or assistant than Rangel, that’s simply because I don’t know any coaches, other than those who have been here before or are out our bracket.

It’s probably harsh to call it lazy, but it’s very easy to say Rangel and Routledge (also see Britton) were here when we played good football, seem to be popular with other players etc. Let’s appoint one of them.
Swansea City manager latest on 13:42 - Jul 23 with 597 viewsonehunglow

Why are some refering to "cymru" this and that but in a thread and site entirely English.
Frankly,it look ridiculous .

Either write in Welsh or English.

You dont like England,English then play all games in Wales and nowhere else.

Ultimate rhagrith

Swansea City manager latest on 13:57 - Jul 23 with 573 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City manager latest on 13:28 - Jul 23 by jack247

Because people have a very narrow view of available options.

I can’t think of anyone within our range who would be a better coach or assistant than Rangel, that’s simply because I don’t know any coaches, other than those who have been here before or are out our bracket.

It’s probably harsh to call it lazy, but it’s very easy to say Rangel and Routledge (also see Britton) were here when we played good football, seem to be popular with other players etc. Let’s appoint one of them.

Thing is just because you were a good player or a player who was a favorite in an attractive team that doesnt mean you will be a good coach...
Coaching is a skill in itself...it is akin to teaching...its no coincidence good rugby coaches such as Carwyn James, Graham Henry came from that profession.
Rangel was part of a squad which was on a remarkable journey MArtinez worked with a "gang" who were keen to move on ....interestingly MArtinez was never as succesful at league level aftere he left.....he won the FA cup but got relegated then sacked, sacked at Everton....but seems to be doing well at Belguim...maybe becasue at international level as Coleman did with Wales it is easier to foster the "band of brothers"

Rangel is yet to do his badges, like all industries and professions these can be meaningless ias they are about passing a course ...the secret is how it is applied ....In my career and profeesion I have encountered many with "badges" who couldnt do whilst others without were head and shoulders above.

I get the Rangel thing...he was afan favorite and he is a reminder of thse of golden times, especially to the newer generation like Curt will be to many others....doesnt necessarilty mean he will be able to weave the same magic as ROberto , Brendan or Laudrup just beacause he was there.

Swansea City manager latest on 14:13 - Jul 23 with 525 viewsjack247

Swansea City manager latest on 13:57 - Jul 23 by vetchonian

Thing is just because you were a good player or a player who was a favorite in an attractive team that doesnt mean you will be a good coach...
Coaching is a skill in itself...it is akin to teaching...its no coincidence good rugby coaches such as Carwyn James, Graham Henry came from that profession.
Rangel was part of a squad which was on a remarkable journey MArtinez worked with a "gang" who were keen to move on ....interestingly MArtinez was never as succesful at league level aftere he left.....he won the FA cup but got relegated then sacked, sacked at Everton....but seems to be doing well at Belguim...maybe becasue at international level as Coleman did with Wales it is easier to foster the "band of brothers"

Rangel is yet to do his badges, like all industries and professions these can be meaningless ias they are about passing a course ...the secret is how it is applied ....In my career and profeesion I have encountered many with "badges" who couldnt do whilst others without were head and shoulders above.

I get the Rangel thing...he was afan favorite and he is a reminder of thse of golden times, especially to the newer generation like Curt will be to many others....doesnt necessarilty mean he will be able to weave the same magic as ROberto , Brendan or Laudrup just beacause he was there.

I completely agree.

Nothing to say Rangel won’t make a great coach, but being here under Martinez and Rodgers, being a fan favourite etc certainly doesn’t mean he will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024