Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! 10:57 - Jul 22 with 2294 viewsmagicdaps10

Unbelievable really, one thing as a Swansea fan that we should all have learned is not to judge and give it a chance.
We signed Renato Sanches and he was the best thing ever, we bring in Brendan Rodgers a dud at Reading and the rest is history. Think we have to take stock that the man and the club have to fit, if both pieces are not fitting then we could bring a top name here and it could all end Pete Tong.

It may not be Eustace but if it were, he is highly regarded by the QPR fans, wants to play football and will undoubtably be eager to make it work. If he wants to play football and be proactive then it's a thumbs up from straight away 👍

Give love a chance or in this instance whoever the new guy is.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 11:06 - Jul 22 with 1790 viewsThornburyswan

Well said MD Eustace looks like a good shout to me & personally a much better option than Hughes, Hartson, Howe, Pulis etc
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 1752 viewsonehunglow

Is he related to Peter Eustace,a good Palace player

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 11:51 - Jul 22 with 1691 viewsswan65split

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 11:09 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

Is he related to Peter Eustace,a good Palace player

its his Dad. ....Peter that is .
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 12:24 - Jul 22 with 1649 viewsnantywatcher

We should hang on for a while and we might be in with a chance of getting Phil Neville. Six straight losses currently, so must be hanging by athread. What a coup that would be and imagine Becks popping over to watch a game or two in the North stand. If only our owners had my vision.
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:13 - Jul 22 with 1585 viewsCatullus

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 12:24 - Jul 22 by nantywatcher

We should hang on for a while and we might be in with a chance of getting Phil Neville. Six straight losses currently, so must be hanging by athread. What a coup that would be and imagine Becks popping over to watch a game or two in the North stand. If only our owners had my vision.

After Belgium crashed out of the Euros, maybe Martinez is available?

PS, the OP mirrors my thoughts, I completely agree. Give whoever it is a chance. We gave Brad Bobley a chance....didn't we?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:23 - Jul 22 with 1567 viewsReslovenSwan1

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:13 - Jul 22 by Catullus

After Belgium crashed out of the Euros, maybe Martinez is available?

PS, the OP mirrors my thoughts, I completely agree. Give whoever it is a chance. We gave Brad Bobley a chance....didn't we?

I remember a Trust person calling Mr Bradley this childish name on Talksport. I thought i t was very childish and so did Jim White and his co presenter judging by their response. I must admit I cringed with embarrassment.

Wise sage since Toshack era

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:34 - Jul 22 with 1549 viewsCatullus

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:23 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I remember a Trust person calling Mr Bradley this childish name on Talksport. I thought i t was very childish and so did Jim White and his co presenter judging by their response. I must admit I cringed with embarrassment.

Maybe we should try Lank Frampard or Nary Geville?

Right, now I'm off to find a sheep.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:46 - Jul 22 with 1537 viewsTreforys_Jack

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:34 - Jul 22 by Catullus

Login to get fewer ads

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 1527 viewsReslovenSwan1

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:46 - Jul 22 by Treforys_Jack

Puerile stuff. Twiiter is the place for you.

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:58 - Jul 22 with 1523 viewsChief

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:23 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Can't have been anymore embarrassing than the club actually appointing Bradley though.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 14:04 - Jul 22 with 1515 viewsCatullus

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:58 - Jul 22 by Chief

Can't have been anymore embarrassing than the club actually appointing Bradley though.

At least Bradley had a sense of humour. Now was I being namist or racist? Selfist maybe?

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 14:08 - Jul 22 with 1498 viewsmax936

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:58 - Jul 22 by Chief

Init, he made a name for himself at least, they even got a Bob Bobley sketch on Soccer AM

Even Eddie Howe got in on the act

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1620394531317508

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:09 - Jul 22 with 1504 viewsTreforys_Jack

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 13:34 - Jul 22 by Catullus

[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 1:03]
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 15:03 - Jul 22 with 1440 viewsjacksfullaces

arguably Laudrup the only name we have ever had that has hit the whelm factor at the swans.

we are a club that needs to build again (although this might be the 3rd rebuild since relegation, possibly 4th depending how you interpret, so that does become a little tedious as an expression)

remember the swans don't climb the tree or stay near the top end of the tree by purchasing a brand, we need to build and sustain one, and then be prepared for it to be unpicked unless we can get the youth set up right as a talent pipeline.
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 15:26 - Jul 22 with 1410 viewsReslovenSwan1

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 14:04 - Jul 22 by Catullus

At least Bradley had a sense of humour. Now was I being namist or racist? Selfist maybe?

it healthy that you are thinking about it in these times when relating black people to monkeys is deemed totally unacceptable. I remember when it was seen as a bit of a laugh at the Vetch only 30 years ago. Gareth Edwards and Barry john thought it reasonable to play all white rugby in Africa where black people were not allowed to play. Welsh people have brushed it under the carpet and created a new narrative.

Sheep abuse and Monkey abuse belong to the same humour genre and it flourishes on twitter etc.

I am liking the sound of Eustace. If it comes with Rangel all the better. Add Tate and Routledge and bingo. If Margetson can be persuaded to stay happy days.

Get on for the ride and allow a lot of patience. Martinez needed 6 months and potter did too.

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 22:19 - Jul 22 with 1310 viewsjackrabbit

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 11:06 - Jul 22 by Thornburyswan

Well said MD Eustace looks like a good shout to me & personally a much better option than Hughes, Hartson, Howe, Pulis etc

I would have thought that an important factor in appointing a manager to a club like Swansea, ie a club devoid of a pot to p@ss in, - apart from his ability to get modest players to perform above their weight, would be the contents of his little black book. Who does he know? What strings can he pull? How well is he known and respected in the football world? Cooper scored highly on all 3 of these plus points and as result, we enjoyed the services of players like Brewster, Gallagher, Guehi and yes, Woodman and Hourihane from Premier League clubs to supplement what we had. Not to be sniffed at.
Martinez used to bring in very useful Spanish players, Laudrup raided the Danish and Spanish transfer market. Will Eustace bring in the cream of Kidderminster? As Joni Mitchell sings
“Don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you’ve lost ‘til it’s gone”. I think we’re going to find out very soon.
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:31 - Jul 22 with 1246 viewsAndyCole

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 22:19 - Jul 22 by jackrabbit

I would have thought that an important factor in appointing a manager to a club like Swansea, ie a club devoid of a pot to p@ss in, - apart from his ability to get modest players to perform above their weight, would be the contents of his little black book. Who does he know? What strings can he pull? How well is he known and respected in the football world? Cooper scored highly on all 3 of these plus points and as result, we enjoyed the services of players like Brewster, Gallagher, Guehi and yes, Woodman and Hourihane from Premier League clubs to supplement what we had. Not to be sniffed at.
Martinez used to bring in very useful Spanish players, Laudrup raided the Danish and Spanish transfer market. Will Eustace bring in the cream of Kidderminster? As Joni Mitchell sings
“Don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you’ve lost ‘til it’s gone”. I think we’re going to find out very soon.

Bang on cue. As presciently predicted. The Cooperoutists, backpedalling in force.

A monumental, catastrophic cock-up by the hapless, frosty Winter.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:39 - Jul 22 with 1238 viewstrampie

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 22:19 - Jul 22 by jackrabbit

Osian Roberts ticks the boxes, taught the great and good to be coaches/managers, successfully run Wales age grade teams bringing through top internationals and importantly winning matches, I remember his charges beating English national teams at age grade levels on a few occasions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:46 - Jul 22 with 1223 viewsTreforys_Jack

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:31 - Jul 22 by AndyCole

Bang on cue. As presciently predicted. The Cooperoutists, backpedalling in force.

You do know managers leave clubs right? You'll get over it ......
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:50 - Jul 22 with 1209 viewsReslovenSwan1

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:31 - Jul 22 by AndyCole

Cooper wanted out. If he wanted to "tough it out" he would still be here. As a "Goldilocks" manager he was not going to get sacked. I believe the "by mutual consent" is just that in this case. I doubt he will get paid his full final year salary.

Cooper has lived the good life on the parachutes and like Ayew walked once hey stopped. He knew full well he parachutes were stopping and this would limit the elite loans. To that end he was encouraged to use and develop in house talent.

Its not 'Frosty' Winter that bothers him but the smaller cash pot he has to spend. It is not decided by those terrible Americans but it EFL rules.

Cooper has not overachieved. He has achieved in line with his budget which was around 6th best in the league.

The new manager will be presented with around 12 fringe players ready to go. All 19-22 all talented and all keen as mustard. Benda, Rushesha, B Cooper, Butler, Cabango, Cooper O., Piroe, Joseph, Cullen, Garrick, Whittaker and Dan William.

The coach used to bring out the best in young players has walked away from the project he bought into when he found out he had to work with these guys not his England u17 import.
He quit and I am not impressed.

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:53 - Jul 22 with 1204 viewsTreforys_Jack

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:50 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper wanted out. If he wanted to "tough it out" he would still be here. As a "Goldilocks" manager he was not going to get sacked. I believe the "by mutual consent" is just that in this case. I doubt he will get paid his full final year salary.

Cooper has lived the good life on the parachutes and like Ayew walked once hey stopped. He knew full well he parachutes were stopping and this would limit the elite loans. To that end he was encouraged to use and develop in house talent.

Its not 'Frosty' Winter that bothers him but the smaller cash pot he has to spend. It is not decided by those terrible Americans but it EFL rules.

Cooper has not overachieved. He has achieved in line with his budget which was around 6th best in the league.

The new manager will be presented with around 12 fringe players ready to go. All 19-22 all talented and all keen as mustard. Benda, Rushesha, B Cooper, Butler, Cabango, Cooper O., Piroe, Joseph, Cullen, Garrick, Whittaker and Dan William.

The coach used to bring out the best in young players has walked away from the project he bought into when he found out he had to work with these guys not his England u17 import.

Fan boys won't be impressed with you.
People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:55 - Jul 22 with 1202 viewsAndyCole

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:46 - Jul 22 by Treforys_Jack

You do know managers leave clubs right? You'll get over it ......

How about proffering some of your insight, opinion and thoughts. Instead of lurking and cowardly hurling cheap shots.

You know what they say about lurkers....... Are you Winston in poor disguise ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 00:06 - Jul 23 with 1183 viewstrampie

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:50 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Didn't Osian teach Cooper ? (seems like most managers these days gained their badges by being taught by Osian), the guru might now be available, would the Swans want him ?,would he want the Swans ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 00:09 - Jul 23 with 1176 viewsChief

Some bizarre leaps of faith in there, plenty of guesses you present as fact and random terms that you've made up and only you understand.

How do you know the parachutes would end the elite loans? How do you know we paid for any of them or that they were particularly expensive? It was reported on here for example that Brewster came to us for no fee. Chelsea just sold Guehi for £18mill despite never playing a game for them based on his performances for us. That bodes well for Chelsea to send us more youngsters. We've already been linked with several Cooper loans already such as Woodman, Garner and a mystery South American.

You have no idea that he's been encouraged to use in house talent at the expense of loans.

Judging by the obvious friction caused by Winters shambolic handling of the Peterson situation, it's extremely apparent that Winter probably did bother him, so that's another bizarre assumption.

What EFL rules?

Well we finished 4th so that's better than 6th.

You have no idea if he was told he couldn't work with his u17 imports anymore. You're just making stuff up. In fact we've already signed a player this summer known to Cooper from his England youth days

Didn't you state in another post that it wasn't a good idea for Cooper to defy Winter words to that affect!?

[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 0:16]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 01:03 - Jul 23 with 1139 viewsTreforys_Jack

People being underwhelmed by names mentioned as manager! on 23:55 - Jul 22 by AndyCole

How about proffering some of your insight, opinion and thoughts. Instead of lurking and cowardly hurling cheap shots.

You know what they say about lurkers....... Are you Winston in poor disguise ?

I know your hurting, but it will pass I promise.

As it goes, I'm really excited now about the new season, whereas I was dreading it a few days ago, especially after watching the Plymouth game. Whoever comes in next, the future is unwritten, it may go well, it may go bad, that's life, I just couldn't stomach another season of cooperball, I appreciate you and some others feel differently and that's your prerogative as being glad he's gone is mine.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 1:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024