Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breach of site guidelines 14:31 - Jul 24 with 6389 viewsKeithHaynes

To undermine the site when I first took over I was informed by a few folk that it was a hot bed of racism. So, over a few months numerous potentially racist posters and posts were removed. Most from before I got here. Now, we have complaints of the woke generation and people replying with racist slurs to fight leftism. That’s a hell of a swing ! One poster sadly today was banned for just that, and after eight years of unblemished service on this forum. I’m amazed, and reiterate again, any hate, racism, personal insults, use of specific language or threats meet with a ban. The focus financially on this site has been repeated time and time again, to raise money for what I believe is a good cause. In March 2022 we will supply details of what the amount is and the investment. If anyone breaches our site guidelines, be that politically or by any means then they are showing contempt for the aims of the site and for me, and I will take it personally, think about your actions. Please don’t post when drunk,angry or whatever you do ,and don’t undermine this site because you are a selfish moron with no respect for this site,its posters and the people who run it behind the scenes.

** I removed the thread by Lisa on her beliefs and response to my post purely because she turned it in to a planet swans v this site when it clearly wasn’t doing so, I will not have my friendships brought in to any discussion on this site just to prove a point. It’s pathetic. And if this topic starts another thread on Phil’s site it will more than likely last just as long. Now respect the fact we are running a decent and respected website and stop trying to derail friendships and dual website connections to support an agenda**

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Breach of site guidelines on 19:51 - Jul 25 with 1264 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 19:44 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Just put him on ignore Lisa, I did and haven't looked back😁👍

Course you have .
You ignore any pre arranged meetings so no surprise.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Breach of site guidelines on 23:11 - Jul 25 with 1138 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 14:57 - Jul 25 by DJack

I'd guess it was slugster but I've not checked.

A bigger issue for me is that we have posters "discussing" whether or not posters have made racist or misogynistic comments but we are not discussing the fact that the posts that fall short of those "definitions" may well be a prejudiced view of others and do not reflect well on the posters nor the board and its values.

Please note, I will not be getting dragged in to a further discussion on this I just posted it for others and their further consideration.

Any examples?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Breach of site guidelines on 23:50 - Jul 25 with 1118 viewslonglostjack

Breach of site guidelines on 17:45 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

How's the Trust case progresing?
When will it be heard or is that another matter not for fans information.

The case will make Welsh news a it' s bad news and I really do not see how it help our cause,even more so now. Yet, revenge against he sellers seems paramount.

United .Innit

Lets let the courts decide shall we? It’s what they’re there for.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Breach of site guidelines on 00:40 - Jul 26 with 1094 viewsJack123

Breach of site guidelines on 16:29 - Jul 25 by A_Fans_Dad

You are a fine one to talk about personal abuse, I have had loads of it from you right from our first encounters and from your friends.
When you feel justified you call people all sorts of names, as do many others on here even now, but it is still better than it was.

I have never reported anyone for personal abuse and have even resorted to name calling myself in frustration. It is a part of human discourse.

Well said Afd.

libera nos a malo

Breach of site guidelines on 01:56 - Jul 26 with 1076 viewsItchySphincter

Breach of site guidelines on 18:18 - Jul 25 by YrAlarch

Is it not time to draw a line under this matter? Racist comments were reported. The matter was dealt with. But now people are having a go at the person reporting it! Then there is a switch to a very different topic with, again, a dig at that same person.There is no need for this.

As sure as night follows day.

Good post but it’ll probably be overlooked.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Breach of site guidelines on 02:02 - Jul 26 with 1072 viewsDr_Parnassus

Apart from the squabble with OHL, I’m not seeing it.

Who is having a go at Lisa?

Breach of site guidelines on 04:01 - Jul 26 with 1048 viewsDJack

Breach of site guidelines on 23:11 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Any examples?

Are you unable to parse sentances correctly? I've stated my point for any and all to see.

Oh, of course you can't it's you and you want a "discussion".

I said...
"I will not be getting dragged in to a further discussion on this I just posted it for others and their further consideration.

Which means you'll be getting nothing more from me on the subject. Off you pop.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Breach of site guidelines on 05:23 - Jul 26 with 1037 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 04:01 - Jul 26 by DJack

Are you unable to parse sentances correctly? I've stated my point for any and all to see.

Oh, of course you can't it's you and you want a "discussion".

I said...
"I will not be getting dragged in to a further discussion on this I just posted it for others and their further consideration.

Which means you'll be getting nothing more from me on the subject. Off you pop.

I think it was made clear that any any wrongdoings need to be accompanied with examples of said wrongdoing, otherwise you become the part of the problem.

That’s fine if you are happy to become part of the problem, I thought it would be good to give you an opportunity to justify yourself first however.

Your call.

Login to get fewer ads

Breach of site guidelines on 08:27 - Jul 26 with 990 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 02:02 - Jul 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Apart from the squabble with OHL, I’m not seeing it.

Who is having a go at Lisa?

A squabble it is. As you have,as we all have.
One sees something that one does not like and then comments as such.
Get over it.
People do it every day in real time.

Breach of site guidelines on 08:28 - Jul 26 with 990 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 19:30 - Jul 25 by Flashberryjack

Where has she had hell from ? the racist post (I didn't see it) has been deleted and Keith has banned the poster. Goodness me.

Be nice to see the post .

Lisa is offended for the poor,downtrodden masses and all from the comfort of an armchair .

Breach of site guidelines on 08:54 - Jul 26 with 975 views3swan

I first met Keith about 20 years ago. Knowing what I know if him i doubt he would issue a ban without good reason. I didn't see the post and have no wish to, as there is a report function we can all use and then leave it to Keith's discretion.
Breach of site guidelines on 09:12 - Jul 26 with 956 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 08:54 - Jul 26 by 3swan

I first met Keith about 20 years ago. Knowing what I know if him i doubt he would issue a ban without good reason. I didn't see the post and have no wish to, as there is a report function we can all use and then leave it to Keith's discretion.

Well,I see plenty of racism but it is how it is perceived.

Hate to say it but being English is a prime target .

Disrespecting a whole nation is racism

I am expecting ban myself as I seem to swim against the tide.

Right now ,it is profoundly depressing .

Breach of site guidelines on 09:18 - Jul 26 with 950 views3swan

Breach of site guidelines on 09:12 - Jul 26 by onehunglow

Yes unless blatantly obvious everything is about perception and I'll add intent to that. As I've said there is a report function and then up to the moderators to decide what to do about it. In this case there was a report and a decision made. That to me is the end of it.
Breach of site guidelines on 09:23 - Jul 26 with 939 viewsItchySphincter

Breach of site guidelines on 08:54 - Jul 26 by 3swan

It's so simple it's obvious.

Breach of site guidelines on 09:26 - Jul 26 with 938 views3swan

Breach of site guidelines on 09:23 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

It's so simple it's obvious.

Are you implying I'm simple 😀
Breach of site guidelines on 09:35 - Jul 26 with 919 viewsItchySphincter

Breach of site guidelines on 09:26 - Jul 26 by 3swan

Are you implying I'm simple 😀

Just reasonable and balanced.

Apologies for any offence caused. ;)

Breach of site guidelines on 09:38 - Jul 26 with 917 views3swan

Breach of site guidelines on 09:35 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

Just reasonable and balanced.

Apologies for any offence caused. ;)

You could be right. Not saying which definition though
Breach of site guidelines on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 906 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 09:18 - Jul 26 by 3swan

Yes unless blatantly obvious everything is about perception and I'll add intent to that. As I've said there is a report function and then up to the moderators to decide what to do about it. In this case there was a report and a decision made. That to me is the end of it.

Wish all posters were like you Clive.
As regards intent, that is exactly my point.

Nobody knows the intent of others

Breach of site guidelines on 10:32 - Jul 26 with 886 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 08:27 - Jul 26 by onehunglow

A squabble it is. As you have,as we all have.
One sees something that one does not like and then comments as such.
Get over it.
People do it every day in real time.

I agree, I’m just saying I’m not seeing where this conflict is that everyone seems to be talking about.

It sounds like people trying to state something is there which isn’t, again.

So just looking for examples. Yet to get one.

Breach of site guidelines on 10:39 - Jul 26 with 880 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 10:32 - Jul 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I agree, I’m just saying I’m not seeing where this conflict is that everyone seems to be talking about.

It sounds like people trying to state something is there which isn’t, again.

So just looking for examples. Yet to get one.

Morning. This bothers me.
I have to be careful here but I will repeat,anyone can post any old one on here to impress.
Right now,racism is king to score social points .Many of the strongest anti racists will be living in the east ethnically diverse towns and countries.
Fact.

It used to be Vietnam, then anti apartheid now it’s Woke ,another anodyne anagram.

Unless we see that which slugs posted we can’t really assess just how racist it was . Lisa saw it as such and Keith agreed. That s his prerogative .

Breach of site guidelines on 11:47 - Jul 26 with 849 viewsbuilthjack

If you see racism report it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Breach of site guidelines on 16:05 - Jul 26 with 772 viewschad

Breach of site guidelines on 14:57 - Jul 25 by DJack

I'd guess it was slugster but I've not checked.

A bigger issue for me is that we have posters "discussing" whether or not posters have made racist or misogynistic comments but we are not discussing the fact that the posts that fall short of those "definitions" may well be a prejudiced view of others and do not reflect well on the posters nor the board and its values.

Please note, I will not be getting dragged in to a further discussion on this I just posted it for others and their further consideration.

:) this reminds me of when I taught my husband to play chess and let him win, after which he decided to retire as undefeated champion.

At least he had won though, so that did have a certain logic

I suppose those who chose to repeatedly call others thick / stupid for their opinions might well be considered to have a prejudiced view. I just think it rather rude and reflects poorly on the poster who needs to resort to wide generalisation and abuse to express themselves.
Breach of site guidelines on 16:14 - Jul 26 with 767 viewsCatullus

Sorry but I disagree, I think racism is hatred to and of people of different ethnicties purely because they are a different colour. In which case hatred direted at England is xenophobia as it is directed at everybody including those of the same colour/ethnicity. I've said the same to Resloven re sheep insults.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Breach of site guidelines on 16:28 - Jul 26 with 752 viewsCatullus

Breach of site guidelines on 01:08 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

Right, here goes.

Keith rightly removed the posts that Lisa reported.

The rest of you rounding up on Lisa obviously did not see the posts, otherwise you would not be making these comments.

You are bumping your gums over something you obviously did not see otherwise you would be saying thank you to Lisa and Keith for attempting to safeguard the forum.

The conversation between Lisa and Keith is a different one and it's between them.

The removed post was racist, I answered it calling out that racism and I have even posted saying that while I didn't report it, I should have.

I'm not getting involved in the rest of it (though I do have an opinion) because it'll just foment more arguments and I don't see the point.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 16:29]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Breach of site guidelines on 18:42 - Jul 26 with 712 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 11:47 - Jul 26 by builthjack

If you see racism report it.

I have but it wasn’t seen as being that .

It is all about how it is perceived. Look up the definition .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024