Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. 23:50 - Aug 12 with 40235 viewsProfessor

Look at the mess in the American South where vaccination rates are low. Please,
If you have not -get vaccinated

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/12/mississippi-covid-surge-strainin
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:14 - Sep 18 with 1582 viewscontroversial_jack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:58 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Would that be the same Booster that has been rejected for use by under 65s by the FDA in the USA?

Are you referring to the AZ one? This country is not going to use that , but will use the pfijer. Apparently, there's a risk of side effects with the AZ, so we are going to send it to the less developed countries instead.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:44 - Sep 18 with 1539 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:14 - Sep 18 by controversial_jack

Are you referring to the AZ one? This country is not going to use that , but will use the pfijer. Apparently, there's a risk of side effects with the AZ, so we are going to send it to the less developed countries instead.

They don't use AZ in the USA at all, so it is the Pfizer one.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:25 - Sep 18 with 1517 viewsJack123

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:14 - Sep 18 by controversial_jack

Seems a bit strange, that for the over 50's, third shot, they are changing from AZ to Pfizer?

libera nos a malo

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:32 - Sep 18 with 1512 viewscontroversial_jack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:44 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

They don't use AZ in the USA at all, so it is the Pfizer one.

I don't believe i mentioned the USA
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:34 - Sep 18 with 1510 viewsProfessor

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:25 - Sep 18 by Jack123

Seems a bit strange, that for the over 50's, third shot, they are changing from AZ to Pfizer?

Works better. Not strange at all. Called heterologous prime boost.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:40 - Sep 18 with 1480 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:32 - Sep 18 by controversial_jack

I don't believe i mentioned the USA

I started the conversation and mentioned the FDA and USA.
You asked about the UK and Pfizer, which is the one the FDA only authorises for the over 65s.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:49 - Sep 18 with 1481 viewsJack123

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:34 - Sep 18 by Professor

Works better. Not strange at all. Called heterologous prime boost.

Thanks, i just looked at what heterologous prime boost means, and my head is fried. Way over my head.

libera nos a malo

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:51 - Sep 18 with 1477 viewsProfessor

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:25 - Sep 18 by Jack123

Also a chance of immunity to the vector with the AZ vaccine-as it is a virus delivering the vaccine , immune responses to the vector can reduce efficacy
Login to get fewer ads

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:59 - Sep 18 with 1464 viewsDr_Winston

From a personal perspective, I've just finished ten days of isolation with nothing more than light cold symptoms and a bit of a cough. If an infection can get through my immune system and two jabs and give me nothing more than that then I'm glad I had them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 19:01 - Sep 18 with 1466 viewsProfessor

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:49 - Sep 18 by Jack123

Thanks, i just looked at what heterologous prime boost means, and my head is fried. Way over my head.

No one knows how it works-so don’t worry
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:11 - Sep 18 with 1440 viewsCatullus

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 19:01 - Sep 18 by Professor

No one knows how it works-so don’t worry

I'm going to go with a very simple analogy and you can tell me if I'm close, I'm thinking of it like a castle and instead of building another thick wall you pdig a moat, a different type of defence that makes the both defences together stronger?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:18 - Sep 18 with 1436 viewsProfessor

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:11 - Sep 18 by Catullus

I'm going to go with a very simple analogy and you can tell me if I'm close, I'm thinking of it like a castle and instead of building another thick wall you pdig a moat, a different type of defence that makes the both defences together stronger?

Not really Cat. We know what the result is ( an increase in T cell immunity) but no idea why changing the vaccine type or delivery system causes it. The analogy is right for some vaccine types, the most simple ones (like the Valneva vaccine we pulled out of and the Chinese Sinovac)
Produce only antibody. Live vaccines and live vector vaccines produce antibody and cell responses
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 21:46 - Sep 18 with 1408 viewscontroversial_jack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:51 - Sep 18 by Professor

Also a chance of immunity to the vector with the AZ vaccine-as it is a virus delivering the vaccine , immune responses to the vector can reduce efficacy

I read it was because of the side effects. It's also why most countries haven't used it.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 21:58 - Sep 18 with 1391 viewsProfessor

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 21:46 - Sep 18 by controversial_jack

I read it was because of the side effects. It's also why most countries haven't used it.

Not really contro. Most over 50s have ahead AZ,
So a different booster makes sense.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 23:42 - Sep 18 with 1368 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 21:46 - Sep 18 by controversial_jack

Not true 120 countries have approved AstraZeneca compared to 80 for Pfizer.
Orders for AstraZeneca 3 billion.
Orders for Pfizer 1 billion.

The reason for the preference for AstraZeneca is it is far cheaper and can be stored in a normal fridge. AstraZeneca also licensed to made in India by the World's largest vaccine making company

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 00:21 - Sep 19 with 1355 viewsmajorraglan

In our health board the booster will be the Pfizer, work on the scheduling is on going but it will kick off the week commencing 27.9.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 06:55 - Sep 19 with 1315 viewsRonaldStump

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:59 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

From a personal perspective, I've just finished ten days of isolation with nothing more than light cold symptoms and a bit of a cough. If an infection can get through my immune system and two jabs and give me nothing more than that then I'm glad I had them.

How do you know it wasn't a regular common cold ?

(He She Him)

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 07:48 - Sep 19 with 1302 viewsScotia

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 00:21 - Sep 19 by majorraglan

In our health board the booster will be the Pfizer, work on the scheduling is on going but it will kick off the week commencing 27.9.

It's started already in sb health board Magorraglan.

The Mrs had a text on Friday and an appointment yesterday, mine is on Tuesday.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 08:16 - Sep 19 with 1295 viewsjedijack

After seeing all the different opinions here I thought I'd share my experiences over the last 18 months or so.

Got Covid during early 2020, felt pretty rough, just mainly tired for a couple of weeks and then out of sorts for a couple more weeks and then was pretty much back to normal.

When the vaccination roll out happened, for me there were a few reasons not to have it but the first was probably that I just wasn't that afraid of covid.

During Feb this year I had another dose which made the first seem like nothing. I remember not feeling well for a few days so got tested and came back positive, but it wasn't that bad.

Got the test done on the Wednesday and on the following Saturday woke up during the early hours to feel like only what I can describe as working on half a lung. Getting breath in was impossible. I remember laying in bed thinking if I could get back to sleep for an hour it might be better but just stayed there for about half an hour, before calling 999 crying, so afraid that if I did go to sleep I wasn't waking back up. It was the first time in my life I thought my time was over. (Well apart from an iffy car crash in the 90's)

It really wasn't fun, that's from somebody in his mid 40's with no ailments and up until this year I'd only been in hospital with broken bones.

I've been fine for the last 4-5 months but still check in with my mother, every day at mid-day, just to let her know I'm still here!

I'm now of course vaccinated and would think an experience such as my own might make others rethink their position on this.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 10:00 - Sep 19 with 1261 viewscontroversial_jack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 21:58 - Sep 18 by Professor

Not really contro. Most over 50s have ahead AZ,
So a different booster makes sense.

That's not what i read, prof
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:09 - Sep 19 with 1207 viewsScotia

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 08:16 - Sep 19 by jedijack

After seeing all the different opinions here I thought I'd share my experiences over the last 18 months or so.

Got Covid during early 2020, felt pretty rough, just mainly tired for a couple of weeks and then out of sorts for a couple more weeks and then was pretty much back to normal.

When the vaccination roll out happened, for me there were a few reasons not to have it but the first was probably that I just wasn't that afraid of covid.

During Feb this year I had another dose which made the first seem like nothing. I remember not feeling well for a few days so got tested and came back positive, but it wasn't that bad.

Got the test done on the Wednesday and on the following Saturday woke up during the early hours to feel like only what I can describe as working on half a lung. Getting breath in was impossible. I remember laying in bed thinking if I could get back to sleep for an hour it might be better but just stayed there for about half an hour, before calling 999 crying, so afraid that if I did go to sleep I wasn't waking back up. It was the first time in my life I thought my time was over. (Well apart from an iffy car crash in the 90's)

It really wasn't fun, that's from somebody in his mid 40's with no ailments and up until this year I'd only been in hospital with broken bones.

I've been fine for the last 4-5 months but still check in with my mother, every day at mid-day, just to let her know I'm still here!

I'm now of course vaccinated and would think an experience such as my own might make others rethink their position on this.

Thanks for sharing that and glad you're OK.

Funnily enough my mate who is a paramedic took a fit and healthy 41 year old, who was unvaccinated, in to hospital a couple of days ago with blood oxygen levels of below 80%.

She didn't think he'd make it. This isn't to be messed with.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:54 - Sep 19 with 1192 viewsjedijack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:09 - Sep 19 by Scotia

Thanks for sharing that and glad you're OK.

Funnily enough my mate who is a paramedic took a fit and healthy 41 year old, who was unvaccinated, in to hospital a couple of days ago with blood oxygen levels of below 80%.

She didn't think he'd make it. This isn't to be messed with.

Thank you very much mate, me too! :)

I really hope your mate gets throught it makes a full recovery, that's awful! It's certainly not to be messed with and when it comes is fkn terrifying.

My advice to everybody would be not to wait for your time to come.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 19:18 - Sep 19 with 1174 viewsJack123

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 08:16 - Sep 19 by jedijack

Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you are ok now, may I ask, what happened after the 999 call? Did you end up in hospital?

libera nos a malo

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:11 - Sep 19 with 1148 viewsjedijack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 19:18 - Sep 19 by Jack123

Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you are ok now, may I ask, what happened after the 999 call? Did you end up in hospital?

Hi, thank you very much.
Yes I did. Was in for 4 days.
Oxygen levels were stupid low and my heard was doing 130 constant when I went in. Wouldn't be surprised if the heart was the stress mind as that seemed to calm pretty quick after getting oxygen.

The weird thing is, is that during the time I didn't feel too bad I was kind of yawning all of the time, but not yawning. Didn't put it down to not not enough oxygen until it was too late. :)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 20:23]
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:18 - Sep 19 with 1143 viewsJack123

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:11 - Sep 19 by jedijack

Hi, thank you very much.
Yes I did. Was in for 4 days.
Oxygen levels were stupid low and my heard was doing 130 constant when I went in. Wouldn't be surprised if the heart was the stress mind as that seemed to calm pretty quick after getting oxygen.

The weird thing is, is that during the time I didn't feel too bad I was kind of yawning all of the time, but not yawning. Didn't put it down to not not enough oxygen until it was too late. :)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 20:23]

Thanks, Glad you are ok now, food for thought for myself.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024