Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I miss the 4-5-1 23:36 - Aug 17 with 1831 viewsChief

- Proper wingers.
- A dynamic creative attacking midfielder in the middle.
- A forward who thrives off crosses / late runs from the wingers pull backs.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

I miss the 4-5-1 on 23:50 - Aug 17 with 1351 viewsTreforys_Jack

Amen brother.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 23:53 - Aug 17 with 1346 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Yes, we've played some of our best football with 451 alternating to 433.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

I miss the 4-5-1 on 07:29 - Aug 18 with 1237 viewsWhiterockin

I miss the 4-5-1 on 23:53 - Aug 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, we've played some of our best football with 451 alternating to 433.

You need a proper number 9 to play 451.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 07:57 - Aug 18 with 1204 viewsDr_Winston

I miss the 4-5-1 on 07:29 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

You need a proper number 9 to play 451.

I dunno.

Last time we played that way at this level we had forwards like JS9 and Borini. Neither of them match the "#9" stereotype being mooted. Luke Moore, Shefki Kuqi or Craig Beattie probably fit that mould best and none of them were particularly popular.

What we did have was pace and mobility throughout the side. Mobility is probably our biggest problem at the moment. Too many players standing still or doing things at a snail's pace.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 7:57]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I miss the 4-5-1 on 08:14 - Aug 18 with 1188 viewsWhiterockin

I miss the 4-5-1 on 07:57 - Aug 18 by Dr_Winston

I dunno.

Last time we played that way at this level we had forwards like JS9 and Borini. Neither of them match the "#9" stereotype being mooted. Luke Moore, Shefki Kuqi or Craig Beattie probably fit that mould best and none of them were particularly popular.

What we did have was pace and mobility throughout the side. Mobility is probably our biggest problem at the moment. Too many players standing still or doing things at a snail's pace.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 7:57]

We also have too many players playing out of their true position. Lowe is not a number 9. Latty is not a wing back. Manning is not a center half. None of our midfield are really up to playing a number 10 role. I'm not saying they can't adjust, its just too many out of position at the same time.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 08:24 - Aug 18 with 1170 viewsDr_Winston

I miss the 4-5-1 on 08:14 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

We also have too many players playing out of their true position. Lowe is not a number 9. Latty is not a wing back. Manning is not a center half. None of our midfield are really up to playing a number 10 role. I'm not saying they can't adjust, its just too many out of position at the same time.

Wouldn't disagree with that. I'd be playing Piroe centrally ahead of Lowe, as well as the others you mentioned. To a certain degree it's understandable that RM is having a good look at what he's got available, but he needs to learn his squad quickly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I miss the 4-5-1 on 08:50 - Aug 18 with 1141 viewsWhiterockin

I miss the 4-5-1 on 08:24 - Aug 18 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't disagree with that. I'd be playing Piroe centrally ahead of Lowe, as well as the others you mentioned. To a certain degree it's understandable that RM is having a good look at what he's got available, but he needs to learn his squad quickly.

Agree, we all need patience but its not easy after such a poor showing. We have to play to the players strengths while changing the system. Piroe for me looks as if he lacks pace but could be the pivot up front. While Lowe has to be able to run onto balls and run with it. Really in my opinion we need to play two up front while we don't have a playmaker. Too often in the last two matches the forward has been isolated with huge gaps between him and the midfield.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 09:07 - Aug 18 with 1121 viewsangryjack

Just said this on another thread ,to play possession based counter attacking football 4 at the back with wingers is the answer,as with wing backs and 3 centre halves it so easy for the opposition to mark,as when you got wingers with full backs behind,the full backs can support and overlap dragging players all over shop,with wing backs and 3 behind the 3 behind ie manning playing in a 3 don't go and support bidwell so when the ball gets out wide the majority of time bidwell will take touch pass inside or back,so easy for opposition to mark but if you had a wide Wingerworth full back overlapping it creates space with movement,
Login to get fewer ads

I miss the 4-5-1 on 09:11 - Aug 18 with 1104 viewsjack247

It’s not the system you’re missing, it’s the players.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 09:13 - Aug 18 with 1103 viewspencoedjack

I miss the 4-5-1 on 08:14 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

We started last night with

4 central midfield players, a centre half playing as a wingback & a full back playing in central defence.

Not really sure what Lowe's best position is but he's never a centre forward in the role he was expected to play last night.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:16 - Aug 18 with 1017 viewsKeithHaynes

Leaving the way forward for a jolly decent article from the OP on how this could be employed and implemented. Maybe he can even pick his own headline ?

Seriously Chief, you have open access here, it would be good to read your assessments instead of what is becoming a more negative response to most articles, you have the power to redress the balance.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:29 - Aug 18 with 998 viewsChief

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:16 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

Leaving the way forward for a jolly decent article from the OP on how this could be employed and implemented. Maybe he can even pick his own headline ?

Seriously Chief, you have open access here, it would be good to read your assessments instead of what is becoming a more negative response to most articles, you have the power to redress the balance.

"We have a real gem in Martin: formation analysed"

Then I'll go onto describe how he got the formation all wrong.

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:32 - Aug 18 with 992 viewsKeithHaynes

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:29 - Aug 18 by Chief

"We have a real gem in Martin: formation analysed"

Then I'll go onto describe how he got the formation all wrong.

Who said formation analysed ?

We looked at the set piece issues Martin raised immediately after the game, recognising his quick and decisive analysis of how we conceded two goals. Thereafter it was felt beneficial to try and see what he was seeing by producing an explanation.

It’s a two part article, relying on what I think about his ability ( after two weeks ) and then assessing where it’s thought he needs to be with the issues he has identified.

Anyway. The offer stands. Always looking for fresh ideas.

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:53 - Aug 18 with 964 viewsChief

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:32 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

Who said formation analysed ?

We looked at the set piece issues Martin raised immediately after the game, recognising his quick and decisive analysis of how we conceded two goals. Thereafter it was felt beneficial to try and see what he was seeing by producing an explanation.

It’s a two part article, relying on what I think about his ability ( after two weeks ) and then assessing where it’s thought he needs to be with the issues he has identified.

Anyway. The offer stands. Always looking for fresh ideas.

I did, because the thread is about formation.

Just a parody on the article title that was written.

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:57 - Aug 18 with 951 viewsCatullus

I miss the 4-5-1 on 08:50 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

Agree, we all need patience but its not easy after such a poor showing. We have to play to the players strengths while changing the system. Piroe for me looks as if he lacks pace but could be the pivot up front. While Lowe has to be able to run onto balls and run with it. Really in my opinion we need to play two up front while we don't have a playmaker. Too often in the last two matches the forward has been isolated with huge gaps between him and the midfield.

I think Piroe could be the '9' and maybe Cullen could play off him? It doesn't leave room for Lowe though and after last night I'm not sure what Lowe brings anymore, without Ayew he seems lost.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:00 - Aug 18 with 938 viewsKeithHaynes

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:53 - Aug 18 by Chief

I did, because the thread is about formation.

Just a parody on the article title that was written.

A parody, that’s very personal and selective. You you see for me Martin stating he is on a positive journey here and then introducing his own frailties is no different to supporting him and then assessing his own vulnerability.

The ability to accept your own vulnerability and then talk about how that can be improved is a very highly regarded trait for me. It’s how we develop. Martin see’s that in himself,then analyses why, and as a result for me that is what makes him a ‘gem’

I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:02 - Aug 18 with 935 viewsWhiterockin

I miss the 4-5-1 on 11:57 - Aug 18 by Catullus

I think Piroe could be the '9' and maybe Cullen could play off him? It doesn't leave room for Lowe though and after last night I'm not sure what Lowe brings anymore, without Ayew he seems lost.

Lowe is being played totally out of position. When we had Ayew they both played wide ish and cut in. Lowe is playing straight up in the middle, it's not his style of play and he is not cut out for it. Whether he is able to adapt over time who knows.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 12:03]
I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:47 - Aug 18 with 895 viewsChief

I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:00 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

A parody, that’s very personal and selective. You you see for me Martin stating he is on a positive journey here and then introducing his own frailties is no different to supporting him and then assessing his own vulnerability.

The ability to accept your own vulnerability and then talk about how that can be improved is a very highly regarded trait for me. It’s how we develop. Martin see’s that in himself,then analyses why, and as a result for me that is what makes him a ‘gem’

Ok well wouldn't a title like "We have a real gem: a manager honest about our deficiencies and frailties" be a more appropriate?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 12:49]

I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 893 viewsjackrmee

I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:02 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

Lowe is being played totally out of position. When we had Ayew they both played wide ish and cut in. Lowe is playing straight up in the middle, it's not his style of play and he is not cut out for it. Whether he is able to adapt over time who knows.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 12:03]

He played thtough the middle most of last season.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:03 - Aug 18 with 872 viewsWhiterockin

I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:48 - Aug 18 by jackrmee

He played thtough the middle most of last season.

I felt we played 2 up with Ayew both splitting wide.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:06 - Aug 18 with 868 viewsjackrmee

I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:03 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

I felt we played 2 up with Ayew both splitting wide.

That's what he did last night with Piroe though, right?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:07 - Aug 18 with 865 viewsWhiterockin

I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:06 - Aug 18 by jackrmee

That's what he did last night with Piroe though, right?

Agreed but that's not the way we set up originally or in the earlier games.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:12 - Aug 18 with 843 viewsjackrmee

I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:07 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

Agreed but that's not the way we set up originally or in the earlier games.

Yeah I suppose, but this is all experimental. And it seems that Rm has now learned that lesson and is going to play Piroe.

I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:12 - Aug 18 with 839 viewsWhiterockin

I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:12 - Aug 18 by jackrmee

Yeah I suppose, but this is all experimental. And it seems that Rm has now learned that lesson and is going to play Piroe.

Lets hope so.
I miss the 4-5-1 on 13:27 - Aug 18 with 823 viewsKeithHaynes

I miss the 4-5-1 on 12:47 - Aug 18 by Chief

Ok well wouldn't a title like "We have a real gem: a manager honest about our deficiencies and frailties" be a more appropriate?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 12:49]

It could.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024