Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion/Relagation 19:48 - Sep 1 with 3001 viewsguthrieintherain

28/1 to get promoted
7/2 to relegated.

Bookies don't rate our chances predicted to finish 17th.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Promotion/Relagation on 20:23 - Sep 1 with 2154 viewsGixerJack

Can I have a fiver each way?
Promotion/Relagation on 20:35 - Sep 1 with 2137 viewsCatullus

Those are the odds right now, they'll change. Hopefully for the better. It may be a relegation fight or we may just be in for mid table obscurity.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Promotion/Relagation on 21:35 - Sep 1 with 2085 viewsmajorraglan

I think Pikey Paul said bookies were offering 12-1 a few weeks ago on being relegated, today’s odds represent a big swing. Bookies think the club is cooked.

It’s early days, but I can see why the QPR guy stayed where he was.
Promotion/Relagation on 22:13 - Sep 1 with 2023 viewsBadlands

They never rate us.
Gambling is for mugs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion/Relagation on 22:41 - Sep 1 with 1984 viewsAndyCole

How odd.

Pretty sure if the last regime was in situ with this 'most expensively assembled squad since relegation' we would be tipped for promotion.

Maybe they don't rate the new regime, based on performances and pressers to date.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Promotion/Relagation on 23:17 - Sep 1 with 1944 viewsguthrieintherain

Promotion/Relagation on 22:41 - Sep 1 by AndyCole

How odd.

Pretty sure if the last regime was in situ with this 'most expensively assembled squad since relegation' we would be tipped for promotion.

Maybe they don't rate the new regime, based on performances and pressers to date.

Greece won Euro 2004 66/1

Bookies have an idea yes but they are not always right.

Anyway as long as we can improve as the season goes on play some entertaining football that's fine with me.

Credit to Martin for giving it a go without the likes of Ayew Guehi and Woodman.

Unlike Cooper who run a mile as soon as the big guns departed.

Promotion/Relagation on 00:16 - Sep 2 with 1909 viewsWalterBoyd

Promotion/Relagation on 22:41 - Sep 1 by AndyCole

How odd.

I am a bit behind on matters, how is this the 'most expensively assembled squad since relegation' .

Or are you being sarcastic , I honestly don't know.
Promotion/Relagation on 02:44 - Sep 2 with 1868 viewsDr_Parnassus

Promotion/Relagation on 23:17 - Sep 1 by guthrieintherain

Anyway as long as we can improve as the season goes on play some entertaining football that's fine with me.

Credit to Martin for giving it a go without the likes of Ayew Guehi and Woodman.

66/1 was right, in fact it was a fair bit skinny (which is the bookmakers overround). 100/1 was probably closer to the mark.

66/1 means if they play this tournament 66 times, back to back; then they will win it once.

For example rolling a 3 on the dice is 6/1 (bookies would offer 5/1). If it landed on that 3 and you won, they weren’t wrong to make it 5/1… it’s simply what it is.

If that tournament was played 100 times back to back after that I doubt they would win it again.

I always find it fascinating when people say the bookies got it wrong because an outsider wins. Couldn’t be further from the truth.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Promotion/Relagation on 23:01 - Sep 2 with 1683 viewsguthrieintherain

Promotion/Relagation on 02:44 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

66/1 was right, in fact it was a fair bit skinny (which is the bookmakers overround). 100/1 was probably closer to the mark.

66/1 means if they play this tournament 66 times, back to back; then they will win it once.

For example rolling a 3 on the dice is 6/1 (bookies would offer 5/1). If it landed on that 3 and you won, they weren’t wrong to make it 5/1… it’s simply what it is.

If that tournament was played 100 times back to back after that I doubt they would win it again.

I always find it fascinating when people say the bookies got it wrong because an outsider wins. Couldn’t be further from the truth.

Yes sorry Milan Baros was 66/1 for the golden boot
Greece like you say 100/1 puts our 28/1 in the shade.

Promotion/Relagation on 23:45 - Sep 2 with 1657 viewsReslovenSwan1

Rhys Williams and Laird did not com cheap and are elite loans but not managed by Cooper in his u17 time presumably. Grimes is still at the club. Piroe is scoring at a good rate at present and Cooper would have 3 number 9s to pick from to replace Ayew.

Woodman is Newcastle's number one so was never coming back. As I wrote in my excellent poem walking away was a bit of a mystery.

The link with Chelsea seems to have dissolved. There was talk of the link being a long term relationship. On the other hand the kerfuffle with Swansea snubbing Phillips seems to have blown over. Was there some issue with Huw Jenkins I have forgotten about. Was it buying back Joey?

Swasnea were odds on for relegation for 7 seasons even under Laudrup.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Promotion/Relagation on 00:09 - Sep 3 with 1646 viewsmajorraglan

Promotion/Relagation on 23:45 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Rhys Williams and Laird did not com cheap and are elite loans but not managed by Cooper in his u17 time presumably. Grimes is still at the club. Piroe is scoring at a good rate at present and Cooper would have 3 number 9s to pick from to replace Ayew.

Woodman is Newcastle's number one so was never coming back. As I wrote in my excellent poem walking away was a bit of a mystery.

The link with Chelsea seems to have dissolved. There was talk of the link being a long term relationship. On the other hand the kerfuffle with Swansea snubbing Phillips seems to have blown over. Was there some issue with Huw Jenkins I have forgotten about. Was it buying back Joey?

Not sure Woodman would be first choice if it hadn't been for the fact Darlow and Dubravka weren’t out injured.

I fear the worst, but hope for the best.
Promotion/Relagation on 00:35 - Sep 3 with 1635 viewsDr_Parnassus

“ Swasnea were odds on for relegation for 7 seasons even under Laudrup.”

That’s wildly incorrect.

Prior to the season starting, we were only odds on once for relegation and that was in our very first season, and we were 8/11.

Promotion/Relagation on 00:40 - Sep 3 with 1629 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"Woodman is Newcastle's number one"

Why do you continue to lie on this forum? What are you attempting to gain?

He is playing because their two first team goalkeepers are injured. Woodman has made multiple mistakes that conceded goals in the three games he's played. He looks appallingly out of his depth and will very likely be sold / released once their situation is normalised.

He'll do well to get a contract in The Championship before finally settling down where he belongs in League 2 or below

Few teams will want to pay a goalkeeper who afraid of getting hurt.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Promotion/Relagation on 00:42 - Sep 3 with 1628 viewsDr_Parnassus

These wildly inaccurate statements presented as fact really are becoming epidemic levels.

No idea what is going on at the moment. It’s truly bizarre.

Promotion/Relagation on 07:56 - Sep 3 with 1572 viewsChief

Martin finished 13th in league 1 last season mind.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Promotion/Relagation on 07:59 - Sep 3 with 1566 viewsChief

Laird played for England u17 under Cooper.

Williams seems to have not played for England youth below u18, but he was unobtainable last season at least due to Liverpool's injury crisis.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Promotion/Relagation on 11:33 - Sep 3 with 1506 viewspikeypaul

Promotion/Relagation on 02:44 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct , thank god someone on this site understands how bookmaking works.

On a true 100% book a 50-1 shot would come in twice every 100 occasions it took place, nothing at all to do with the bookies getting it correct or wrong the price represents the % chance.

The art of betting is identifying when the bookie under estimates an event happening and you get the value, which in turn will provide you a profit.

It amazes me how so few actually do not have a clue of the basics of gambling .

Anyway like I pointed out a month ago they massively under estimated the chance of the hedge fund taking us down again, people like me seen this and smashed into the 16/1 down to 12/1 and are now in a position to take a large profit regardless of our finishing position.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 11:38]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Promotion/Relagation on 12:08 - Sep 3 with 1485 viewsjackrmee

Laird did come cheap.
Zero loan fee plus £4k wages.
Absolute steal.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Promotion/Relagation on 14:01 - Sep 3 with 1421 viewspikeypaul

Promotion/Relagation on 00:35 - Sep 3 by Dr_Parnassus

“ Swasnea were odds on for relegation for 7 seasons even under Laudrup.”

That’s wildly incorrect.

Prior to the season starting, we were only odds on once for relegation and that was in our very first season, and we were 8/11.

The hedge fund rsole licker has taken his BS to a new level with that statement.

The season we went down we started it at 7/2 to be relegated and like you say only our 1st season were we qutoted as odds on (similar to a lot of newly promoted teams)

Its amazzing how much rubbish the guy spouts.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Promotion/Relagation on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 1398 viewsReslovenSwan1

Promotion/Relagation on 14:01 - Sep 3 by pikeypaul

The hedge fund rsole licker has taken his BS to a new level with that statement.

The season we went down we started it at 7/2 to be relegated and like you say only our 1st season were we qutoted as odds on (similar to a lot of newly promoted teams)

Its amazzing how much rubbish the guy spouts.

Ok I will rephrase it. Swansea were certainly amongst the favourites to be relegated every season in the Premier league. I saw odds for the first Laudrup season that Swansea were favourite for the drop after the sale of Joey Allen and Scott Sinclair.

Our 'traveller friend' appears to be promoting the practice of giving Bookies money. This is against the principles of Swansea city, Swansea supporters Trust (to their credit) and should also be banned on Swansea independent in my view. PP is also breaking the forum rules with his 'rissole' comments. He supports US business practices by supporting Brexit but objects to them at Swansea. The guy is confused.

Promotion/Relagation on 14:37 - Sep 3 with 1397 viewsReslovenSwan1

Promotion/Relagation on 00:40 - Sep 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Woodman is Newcastle's number one"

Why do you continue to lie on this forum? What are you attempting to gain?

He is playing because their two first team goalkeepers are injured. Woodman has made multiple mistakes that conceded goals in the three games he's played. He looks appallingly out of his depth and will very likely be sold / released once their situation is normalised.

He'll do well to get a contract in The Championship before finally settling down where he belongs in League 2 or below

Few teams will want to pay a goalkeeper who afraid of getting hurt.

You should not us the word 'lie'.

Is Woodman currently playing in goal for Newcastle or not?.

He is, so he is currently their no 1. The number one refers to the position not being first choice. I did not say he was the clubs first choice goalkeeper. I am aware of Dubravka

Promotion/Relagation on 15:34 - Sep 3 with 1376 viewsBadlands

Promotion/Relagation on 14:37 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

You should not us the word 'lie'.

Is Woodman currently playing in goal for Newcastle or not?.

He is, so he is currently their no 1. The number one refers to the position not being first choice. I did not say he was the clubs first choice goalkeeper. I am aware of Dubravka

Wrong.
When Woodman was injured last season he remained our number 1 even when Benda played in the game against Millwall.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion/Relagation on 17:27 - Sep 3 with 1357 viewsReslovenSwan1

Promotion/Relagation on 15:34 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Wrong.
When Woodman was injured last season he remained our number 1 even when Benda played in the game against Millwall.

Woodman is currently Newcastle's first choice goal keeper in the absence of Dubravka and the other guy who played last season. Its semantics. Why call a people liars when it is a matter of semantics. There are so many other alternatives. There was no way Woodman was coming back with injuries in their camp.

Promotion/Relagation on 02:13 - Sep 4 with 1282 viewsDr_Parnassus

Promotion/Relagation on 14:31 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Ok I will rephrase it. Swansea were certainly amongst the favourites to be relegated every season in the Premier league. I saw odds for the first Laudrup season that Swansea were favourite for the drop after the sale of Joey Allen and Scott Sinclair.

Our 'traveller friend' appears to be promoting the practice of giving Bookies money. This is against the principles of Swansea city, Swansea supporters Trust (to their credit) and should also be banned on Swansea independent in my view. PP is also breaking the forum rules with his 'rissole' comments. He supports US business practices by supporting Brexit but objects to them at Swansea. The guy is confused.

Again wildly false, even after the rephrase.

What do you count as “one of the favourites”?

Promotion/Relagation on 02:22 - Sep 4 with 1280 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is the an example from the 2015/16 season.

These are American odds so converted into odds people are familiar with, this is 9/1 (or 10.0 in decimal)-

That year we were 11th in the list for relegation, we were thought of in the betting industry as a top 10 side odds wise - they were pretty spot on, we finished 12 - joint on points with 11th placed Everton and 3 points behind Chelsea.

The year prior to this, under Laudrup, we were 9th in the list for the drop. We weren’t even in the conversation for relegation again. Similar to a Leeds or Wolves of the modern day if you like.

[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 5:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024