Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned 00:20 - Sep 10 with 1710 viewsKeithHaynes

Yan Dhanda was racially abused on social media following Swansea's FA Cup defeat against Manchester City in February; a Kent Police spokesman said a 14-year-old boy attended a police station for a non-custodial interview on September 9 and the investigation was ongoing

A 14-year-old boy has been questioned by police in connection with a racist message sent to Swansea City midfielder Yan Dhanda. The abuse was posted on Instagram on February 10 after Swansea's FA Cup defeat by Manchester City. South Wales Police launched an investigation and transferred the case to Kent Police in May after the account holder was traced to an address in Dartford.

On Thursday, a teenager was interviewed as officers continued their probe.

Dhanda revealed in February that the racist abuse he received on social media affected him more than he thought it would A spokesman for Kent Police told Sky Sports News: "In May 2021, Kent Police received a referral from South Wales Police relating to offensive messages reported to have been sent to a man on social media. "The messages had been linked to an address in Dartford, and following further enquiries a 14-year-old boy attended a police station for a non-custodial interview on Thursday, September 9, 2021. The investigation is ongoing."

In February, Instagram temporarily suspended the offending account.

Dhanda told Sky Sports News in February that he was "grateful for all of the messages of support I have received from across the football community and beyond. "It is so important these matters are dealt with in an appropriate way. Equally, it is so important we continue to educate and highlight success stories from all communities in the game."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 01:18 - Sep 10 with 1325 viewsReslovenSwan1

One cannot help feel the Kent constabulary have more pressing issues to deal with. Dhanda can be content that his complaint has been taken seriously. Enquires are still 'on going' in the middle of an pandemic. I wonder how much this has all cost the taxpayer ?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 04:46 - Sep 10 with 1304 viewsSwanboyo

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 01:18 - Sep 10 by ReslovenSwan1

One cannot help feel the Kent constabulary have more pressing issues to deal with. Dhanda can be content that his complaint has been taken seriously. Enquires are still 'on going' in the middle of an pandemic. I wonder how much this has all cost the taxpayer ?

u r too pathetic to be allowed to support swans
the people of resolven should make u he next wicker man
Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 06:41 - Sep 10 with 1267 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is the problem when people get outraged by comments on social media. They picture the people on the other side of the comments as rational adults making horrendous comments.

I continuously stress the realities of it all the time, because the media and people with a similar sensationalist mindset often try to use it to their advantage in portraying masses of people and sometimes a whole country in a certain light off the back of them.

The comments that seem to shut down the world for the day are often from trolls. Kids with nothing better to do and a need for attention which sadly social media in general has bred. It was the same with the England players where the main account that was being shown being racist was actually a group of Somalian kids pretending to be an England fan. That one account sent 22 messages apparently.

That’s not to say these kids can be excused of course. But the sooner people stop paying attention to these morons and stop giving them so much power the better.

Sadly, people often think that the more outraged they are seen to be about something, the more they prove to others that they are a good person. That thirst for virtue by the “outrage crew” then feeds the thirst for attention that the trolls crave - and it’s a never ending cycle that shows no sign of being broken.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 10:29 - Sep 10 with 1188 viewsBoundy

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 01:18 - Sep 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Hypocrite , I assume you've recovered after being called a sheep Sh****r . The police are correct in dealing with it now , I don't suppose Dhanda considered the pandemic extenuating circumstances as to why the Police shouldn't investigate a hate crime.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 11:56 - Sep 10 with 1166 viewsBadlands

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 06:41 - Sep 10 by Dr_Parnassus

This is the problem when people get outraged by comments on social media. They picture the people on the other side of the comments as rational adults making horrendous comments.

I continuously stress the realities of it all the time, because the media and people with a similar sensationalist mindset often try to use it to their advantage in portraying masses of people and sometimes a whole country in a certain light off the back of them.

The comments that seem to shut down the world for the day are often from trolls. Kids with nothing better to do and a need for attention which sadly social media in general has bred. It was the same with the England players where the main account that was being shown being racist was actually a group of Somalian kids pretending to be an England fan. That one account sent 22 messages apparently.

That’s not to say these kids can be excused of course. But the sooner people stop paying attention to these morons and stop giving them so much power the better.

Sadly, people often think that the more outraged they are seen to be about something, the more they prove to others that they are a good person. That thirst for virtue by the “outrage crew” then feeds the thirst for attention that the trolls crave - and it’s a never ending cycle that shows no sign of being broken.

14 year old don’t just decide to use racist abuse they do so because they have been brought up to be racists and live in communities and countries where racism is approved of, accepted or ignored.
When the UK education secretary has a zoom meeting with Maro Itoje he thought he was speaking with Marcus Rashford (OK, he isn't a sports fan and might be excused as they are both black but Rashford has been all over his department for two years!)
The PM referred to black people as pikininis with water melon smiles.
That is the example our 'leaders' provide that sets the scene for 14 year old boys to think it is OK to abuse black players and why so many who like to turn a blind eye or make excuses ensure this abuse continues.
'Calling decent people 'Outrage crew' really highlights your support for online abuse and abuse of a racist nature.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 12:01 - Sep 10 with 1153 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 11:56 - Sep 10 by Badlands

14 year old don’t just decide to use racist abuse they do so because they have been brought up to be racists and live in communities and countries where racism is approved of, accepted or ignored.
When the UK education secretary has a zoom meeting with Maro Itoje he thought he was speaking with Marcus Rashford (OK, he isn't a sports fan and might be excused as they are both black but Rashford has been all over his department for two years!)
That is the example our 'leaders' provide that sets the scene for 14 year old boys to think it is OK to abuse black players and why so many who like to turn a blind eye or make excuses ensure this abuse continues.
'Calling decent people 'Outrage crew' really highlights your support for online abuse and abuse of a racist nature.

Completely disagree.

You are assuming that the boy is actually racist as opposed to simply using racist language to get a reaction. I find that extremely unlikely.

Suggesting someone is ''supporting online abuse'' because they make the point that people give kids too much power by reacting to their attention seeking comments, suggests maybe you belong to the hyperbolic group I am referring to.

As for ''decent people'' thats up for debate I guess. I don't find anyone using race to further personal virtue as decent, maybe we have different standards of what constituted decent maybe?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 12:28 - Sep 10 with 1127 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 10:29 - Sep 10 by Boundy

Hypocrite , I assume you've recovered after being called a sheep Sh****r . The police are correct in dealing with it now , I don't suppose Dhanda considered the pandemic extenuating circumstances as to why the Police shouldn't investigate a hate crime.

"Recovered" I am thick skinned and have been called a "sheep shagger" for years . I do not laugh at this ageing puerile racial slur anymore. I just point out it is racist to the person delivering the slur. This is what all Welshmen should do in my opinion. I inconveniently for you point out it is the same crime and in fact worse in some respects.

Once the person was identified as a 14 year old the case should have been handed over to his/ her school and parents. The Police should be going after serious criminals not poorly educated 14 year old kids with a love of rap music. Next week they will be complaining about not being able to do their job because of budget cuts.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 12:43]

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 12:52 - Sep 10 with 1102 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 11:56 - Sep 10 by Badlands

It is more likely the 14 year old is poorly educated rather than criminal. Remember all around him culturally he is hearing racist terms in his world in music and motion pictures.

Rap or Hip hop music use racial terms all the time. I do not listen to it but can image the lyrics are seen as pretty cool in the urban rap scene in the big city down the M20. He could have picked up off the old man of course. Kids that age might have no problem rejecting the old mans ways.

The kid can quite reasonably ask why he cannot use these terms while "Dizzy Rascal" (or whoever excuse my ignorance on this field) gets away with it.

Login to get fewer ads

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 14:45 - Sep 10 with 1049 viewsonehunglow

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 12:01 - Sep 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Completely disagree.

You are assuming that the boy is actually racist as opposed to simply using racist language to get a reaction. I find that extremely unlikely.

Suggesting someone is ''supporting online abuse'' because they make the point that people give kids too much power by reacting to their attention seeking comments, suggests maybe you belong to the hyperbolic group I am referring to.

As for ''decent people'' thats up for debate I guess. I don't find anyone using race to further personal virtue as decent, maybe we have different standards of what constituted decent maybe?

I tend to agree with you DR P as regards that post.

14 yr old these days reckon they are more mature than in previous generations. They want to vote at 16.
I see them as far less mature and often utterly naive and lacking worldliness. Many,sadly,never get out of their own sink estate.

You can be evil and racist at 14 ;of course you can.

I recall south Wales being very very racist and it's odd to see an utterly overwhelmingly white area having so many anti racism warriors. Fact is south Wales and indeed Wales as a whole has not been changed in the way many Lancashire/Yorkshire towns have been completely altered.
In Welsh peaking parts of Wales, even people who wont/cant learn Welsh and move in are seen and treated with contempt worthy of any racist. This is an uncomforbale fact that many cannot swallow.

Wales WAS "institutionally racist ;have a listen to a wonderful BBCWales prog about how black rugby players were treated by the WRU and crowds too. I'm sure things have changed but in no way totally.

If I were a footballer ,the very last place Id be is on Twitter.Sad maybe but it is a conduit for clowns of all descriptions.Some headcases out there.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 15:15 - Sep 10 with 1039 viewsKeithHaynes

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 14:45 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

I tend to agree with you DR P as regards that post.

14 yr old these days reckon they are more mature than in previous generations. They want to vote at 16.
I see them as far less mature and often utterly naive and lacking worldliness. Many,sadly,never get out of their own sink estate.

You can be evil and racist at 14 ;of course you can.

I recall south Wales being very very racist and it's odd to see an utterly overwhelmingly white area having so many anti racism warriors. Fact is south Wales and indeed Wales as a whole has not been changed in the way many Lancashire/Yorkshire towns have been completely altered.
In Welsh peaking parts of Wales, even people who wont/cant learn Welsh and move in are seen and treated with contempt worthy of any racist. This is an uncomforbale fact that many cannot swallow.

Wales WAS "institutionally racist ;have a listen to a wonderful BBCWales prog about how black rugby players were treated by the WRU and crowds too. I'm sure things have changed but in no way totally.

If I were a footballer ,the very last place Id be is on Twitter.Sad maybe but it is a conduit for clowns of all descriptions.Some headcases out there.

Over the age of criminal responsibility although if it’s his first offence he will go through the reprimand process, and if that’s the case let’s hope he learns.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 16:10 - Sep 10 with 1002 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 15:15 - Sep 10 by KeithHaynes

Over the age of criminal responsibility although if it’s his first offence he will go through the reprimand process, and if that’s the case let’s hope he learns.

You wonder how much of the nonsense on social media originates from 14 year old schoolboys.

I won't speculate on his motives, teenagers do stupid things.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 16:28 - Sep 10 with 990 viewsSirjohnalot

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 16:10 - Sep 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

You wonder how much of the nonsense on social media originates from 14 year old schoolboys.

I won't speculate on his motives, teenagers do stupid things.

May I put my two penneth in ?

There’s no excuse for racist abuse, it’s not banter or freedom of speech or some kid spouting off. However he is 14, even though the police should be involved, he should not be charged or dealt with in an official way (as long as this is the first time), it needs to be passed to the Youth Offending Service to get involved with his family. This type of stuff is learned behaviour, they need to work the family to de learn him from using the type of language.
He’s still young enough to be changed, hopefully to be steered away from this behaviour.

A criminal conviction for this could be catastrophic.
Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 17:11 - Sep 10 with 958 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm not sure exactly what this kid tweeted to Dhanda, but it must have been something pretty bad for him to report it to the police.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 18:32 - Sep 10 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 16:28 - Sep 10 by Sirjohnalot

May I put my two penneth in ?

There’s no excuse for racist abuse, it’s not banter or freedom of speech or some kid spouting off. However he is 14, even though the police should be involved, he should not be charged or dealt with in an official way (as long as this is the first time), it needs to be passed to the Youth Offending Service to get involved with his family. This type of stuff is learned behaviour, they need to work the family to de learn him from using the type of language.
He’s still young enough to be changed, hopefully to be steered away from this behaviour.

A criminal conviction for this could be catastrophic.

Jon.
Problem is with most dysfunctional teenage criminals family is the very last chance of redemption as most don't give a monkeys until the scrote is locked up and they are called as Appropriate adults,which is as large a misnomer as is possible

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 19:07 - Sep 10 with 892 viewspencoedjack

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 17:11 - Sep 10 by Flashberryjack

I'm not sure exactly what this kid tweeted to Dhanda, but it must have been something pretty bad for him to report it to the police.

Shame he just didn’t tweet he’s a crap footballer stealing a living at my football club.

Or are we now at the stage where crap footballers are only allowed to be praised?
Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 19:11 - Sep 10 with 876 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 04:46 - Sep 10 by Swanboyo

u r too pathetic to be allowed to support swans
the people of resolven should make u he next wicker man

Sheep stuff is proven in court as 'aggravated racially disorderly conduct'. I stand up against it and call out the low life's that give it to me. Probably done this 4 or 5 times. (it did not go down to well). ts called "zero tolerance". Ever heard that term boyo.

You on the other hand probably giggle sheepishly and join in the 'so called banter' just to save face.

If you try it on any other peoples Indian Pakistanis African you are likely to get beaten up badly or arrested and will deserve it. I do not recommend you do any goat "jokes" at you local Asian corner shop. It would not be well received.

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 20:04 - Sep 10 with 848 viewsCatullus

Given your previous posts about being called a sheep interferer I cannot believe you are complaining about police investigating genuine racist abuse!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 20:21 - Sep 10 with 836 viewsonehunglow

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 20:04 - Sep 10 by Catullus

Given your previous posts about being called a sheep interferer I cannot believe you are complaining about police investigating genuine racist abuse!

It might go back to the Miners strike and coppers bashing helpless 10 stone miners ,mercilessly.

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 20:25 - Sep 10 with 834 viewsdantheswansman

You have to chuckle, there is far more despicable things going on in this country than people calling others disgusting names, i am all for equality for all and none of this abhorrent hateful language being directed towards certain ethnicities but, i would much rather my taxes are spent on actual crime instead of name calling
Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 20:27 - Sep 10 with 830 viewsonehunglow

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 20:25 - Sep 10 by dantheswansman

You have to chuckle, there is far more despicable things going on in this country than people calling others disgusting names, i am all for equality for all and none of this abhorrent hateful language being directed towards certain ethnicities but, i would much rather my taxes are spent on actual crime instead of name calling

I get that dan but there is good mileage in appearing like a full on anti racist.
Nothing evidences people's hypocrisy more.
NIMBYs every one

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 22:06 - Sep 10 with 779 viewsCatullus

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 15:15 - Sep 10 by KeithHaynes

There was a very good lesson recently in not posting stuff on social media because it can come back and bite you years later. That 23 yr old footballer who the FA have a case against!

I can agree with Dr P that this kid is most likely guilty of stupidity rather than outright racism but if it's not nipped in the bud what might it turn into? He'd probably find he'd have new followers on his account, like minded people who used the same language as him and encouraged him to say more. The internet is rife with people looking to eencourage and groom more into their beliefs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 22:16 - Sep 10 with 772 viewsBoundy

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 22:06 - Sep 10 by Catullus

There was a very good lesson recently in not posting stuff on social media because it can come back and bite you years later. That 23 yr old footballer who the FA have a case against!

I can agree with Dr P that this kid is most likely guilty of stupidity rather than outright racism but if it's not nipped in the bud what might it turn into? He'd probably find he'd have new followers on his account, like minded people who used the same language as him and encouraged him to say more. The internet is rife with people looking to eencourage and groom more into their beliefs.

Kids these days grow up far too quickly and with the advent of social media in all its forms then there's no excuse for a 14 year old to act in all innocence , my granddaughter of 7 may not understand the concept but she knows what the word being a racist means , raise your hand to todays kids and the response would be " I'll have you arrested" . Some posters on here don't consider the "offence" important enough to investigate , I wonder would they be so forgiving if it was them or a family member on the receiving end of such abuse.

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 22:21 - Sep 10 with 767 viewsBoundy

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 12:28 - Sep 10 by ReslovenSwan1

"Recovered" I am thick skinned and have been called a "sheep shagger" for years . I do not laugh at this ageing puerile racial slur anymore. I just point out it is racist to the person delivering the slur. This is what all Welshmen should do in my opinion. I inconveniently for you point out it is the same crime and in fact worse in some respects.

Once the person was identified as a 14 year old the case should have been handed over to his/ her school and parents. The Police should be going after serious criminals not poorly educated 14 year old kids with a love of rap music. Next week they will be complaining about not being able to do their job because of budget cuts.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 12:43]

A lot of unsubstantiated assumptions there , do you know the background to accused , I don't and I suspect neither do you .But regardless whether you think its a waste of police time or not the police choose to investigate as they should with all crime .

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 22:56 - Sep 10 with 757 viewsSirjohnalot

A reprimand is still a criminal marking. Dependant on his situation, previous etc, there are diversions available such as meeting the victim (if he wants to) letter of apology etc.

It is not ‘just name calling’ it is certainly a ‘real crime’, but sometime preventative means are better then punishment. Unfortunately the families are sometimes the problem and a lot of these kids need positive make role models, be it a boxing or football coach eg.
Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 23:46 - Sep 10 with 742 viewsdobjack2

Yan Dhanda racist abuse : 14 year old questioned on 20:25 - Sep 10 by dantheswansman

"You have to chuckle"

" much rather my taxes are spent on actual crime"

Regrettably your comments are probably shared by others on this site. It's embarrassing but not surprising; I wouldn't give you or them the time of day in real life and certainly won't do so on a football forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024