Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby entering administration 22:41 - Sep 17 with 2885 viewsraynor94

Automatic 12 point deduction, plus another -9 hanging over them for past misdemeanors.

Troubled times indeed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Derby entering administration on 23:09 - Sep 17 with 1894 viewsWalterBoyd

Don't like to see any team go into administration. Feel for the fans.

Pintado tackle on Savage, will long live in the memory.
Derby entering administration on 00:20 - Sep 18 with 1832 viewsReslovenSwan1

Derby entering administration on 23:09 - Sep 17 by WalterBoyd

Don't like to see any team go into administration. Feel for the fans.

Pintado tackle on Savage, will long live in the memory.

What goes around comes around. Gambled and lost.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Derby entering administration on 00:38 - Sep 18 with 1825 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby entering administration on 00:20 - Sep 18 by ReslovenSwan1

What goes around comes around. Gambled and lost.

I know. Pot calling kettle black though. Most teams have done it.

The Shefki Kuqi ( probably spelt wrong) goal and celebration was a joy to watch.

I was about 10 rows back. His celebration,

Dont like seeing any football team struggle. Fans paying for previous owners cock ups or desperation, I dont know.
Derby entering administration on 01:08 - Sep 18 with 1791 viewsDr_Parnassus

We of all clubs cannot take the high ground when it comes to administration. Let's not forget the buckets being passed round at various grounds for us.

Never good to see any club in a state, self inflicted or otherwise.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby entering administration on 01:38 - Sep 18 with 1807 viewsKeithHaynes

Whatever anyone thinks of this, we now have a club with a superb history actually folding in front of our eyes. And all the time spanners like Wayne Rooney continue to take their money and eventually like the leach he is walk away. I’m seriously disgusted.

It’s because of greedy idiots like him we see derby county in the mess they are today, not entirely but he has hardly helped.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derby entering administration on 01:51 - Sep 18 with 1784 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby entering administration on 01:38 - Sep 18 by KeithHaynes

Whatever anyone thinks of this, we now have a club with a superb history actually folding in front of our eyes. And all the time spanners like Wayne Rooney continue to take their money and eventually like the leach he is walk away. I’m seriously disgusted.

It’s because of greedy idiots like him we see derby county in the mess they are today, not entirely but he has hardly helped.

I find it hard to blame Rooney amongst all of this, as a person I am no fan of Rooney- cheating on wife and being a twit ( lots of Swans players, owners and other big associated names over the years who are idolised allegedly come under this umbrella, they do) - but he is working under extremely difficult conditions and still kept a 'team' together.
Derby entering administration on 01:59 - Sep 18 with 1755 viewsDr_Parnassus

He is apparently on 50k a week there. Awful to be taking that from a club that cannot afford it and facing such sanctions when you are supposed to be the head of it.

Derby entering administration on 02:18 - Sep 18 with 1767 viewsBadlands

A club that tried to cheat to gain the upper hand over everyone else in the league.
Their ownership are to blame for the financial mess which is why I am thankful we have prudent owners.
The only sorrow I feel is for Wycombe and their fans would have stayed up if the points had been deducted in the season the offences took place or had Derby not gained points as a result of their payments for and to players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby entering administration on 08:15 - Sep 18 with 1664 viewsonehunglow

And to the point.This is why no manager should ever be loved without question

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby entering administration on 10:19 - Sep 18 with 1623 viewsjasper_T

Derby entering administration on 01:59 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

He is apparently on 50k a week there. Awful to be taking that from a club that cannot afford it and facing such sanctions when you are supposed to be the head of it.

No one forced Derby County to offer those contracts to staff and players. It's not Wayne Rooney's fault an employer has to pay its bills.
Derby entering administration on 10:30 - Sep 18 with 1609 viewsYrAlarch

Derby entering administration on 10:19 - Sep 18 by jasper_T

No one forced Derby County to offer those contracts to staff and players. It's not Wayne Rooney's fault an employer has to pay its bills.

I feel sorry for the fans. However, were they aware of the dubious financial dealings being conducted over the past few years.
Derby entering administration on 10:56 - Sep 18 with 1585 viewsDr_Winston

Derby entering administration on 10:30 - Sep 18 by YrAlarch

I feel sorry for the fans. However, were they aware of the dubious financial dealings being conducted over the past few years.

Quite a lot of them defended the dodgy dealings over the stadium sale that allowed them to dodge FFP rules.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Derby entering administration on 11:06 - Sep 18 with 1582 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby entering administration on 10:56 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Quite a lot of them defended the dodgy dealings over the stadium sale that allowed them to dodge FFP rules.

Got to feel for Wycombe - cheated out of relegation survival

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Derby entering administration on 11:11 - Sep 18 with 1577 viewsmonmouth

Cant blame employees for board level hubris Keith. I detest the jug eared pollock, and the greed in football, but this is down to the ego and incompetence of one man. Mel Morris or whatever he is called. He is now refusing to fund his ‘big man’ mistakes, like Rooney, any further despite being rich enough to do so, and looking for a way out that will recoup his money. I understand the mistakes he made as I think he is a fan, but he way over-reached, gambling on promotion, like so many others. The answer to all the numpties that call for Yanks to ‘invest’ or ‘get out’, should just always be answered by ‘Derby County’ or ‘Portsmouth’.

As to anyone comparing our administration with this to conflate sympathy. Laughable. High ground my arse. Their fans were all for this and thrilled to get Lampard and Rooney. There are consequences.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Derby entering administration on 11:11 - Sep 18 with 1569 views1983

Derby County another club living beyond thier means and shadows of thier former selves

Derby entering administration on 13:21 - Sep 18 with 1497 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby entering administration on 10:19 - Sep 18 by jasper_T

Absolutely.

However when you are worth £170 million, just about to liquidate your image rights company to add a further £20m to your net worth… it may be time to give back to the game that gave him so much when the team you are supposed to be leading is close to going to the wall.

Derby entering administration on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1498 viewsCatullus

Derby entering administration on 01:51 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

I find it hard to blame Rooney amongst all of this, as a person I am no fan of Rooney- cheating on wife and being a twit ( lots of Swans players, owners and other big associated names over the years who are idolised allegedly come under this umbrella, they do) - but he is working under extremely difficult conditions and still kept a 'team' together.

I tend to agree with you. I do often moan about players greed but even so, they can't take any money unless it's offered so the owners are more to blame. If Rooney has aything about him he won't walk away, he can afford to take a massive pay cut or even work for nothing but I doubt he will.

I said this a short while back, more clubs will implode because of greedy players and stupid owners, some will impode because of the financial problems caused by Covid. people need to look at our owners now and say thank you for ensuring our financial stability!

I feel for the Derby fans, like others on here of a certain age, I remember the feeling when we thought we might lose our club. It's a huge part of our lives, we dedicate years of our lives and enormous sums of money to following our teams, it's a terrible feeling.

On the up side, I suppose this makes those who fear we're in a relegation battle more comforatble. If Derby get the full deduction it's surely one less place for us to worry about.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby entering administration on 13:49 - Sep 18 with 1485 viewsjasper_T

Derby entering administration on 13:21 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely.

However when you are worth £170 million, just about to liquidate your image rights company to add a further £20m to your net worth… it may be time to give back to the game that gave him so much when the team you are supposed to be leading is close to going to the wall.

As long as he pays his taxes on those capital gains I don't give a monkeys about his net worth. He doesn't owe his employer any favours imo.
Derby entering administration on 14:00 - Sep 18 with 1460 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby entering administration on 13:49 - Sep 18 by jasper_T

As long as he pays his taxes on those capital gains I don't give a monkeys about his net worth. He doesn't owe his employer any favours imo.

Nobody is suggesting he owes them anything.

It’s about common decency. The money means very little to him being worth almost £200m, the game has set him and his family up for as long as they live.

I am pretty financially driven and not even I would be able to turn up and take my place in the dugout in front of thousands of my own fans knowing I’m drawing tens and tens of thousands of pounds every week out of the club that is going down the pan.

I would either be deferring my salary to the end of the season or stepping aside. I would feel my position was untenable. His remit is to lead the club to safety yet financially crippling it. It’s a clear conflict.

Derby entering administration on 14:29 - Sep 18 with 1442 viewsjasper_T

Derby entering administration on 14:00 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody is suggesting he owes them anything.

It’s about common decency. The money means very little to him being worth almost £200m, the game has set him and his family up for as long as they live.

I am pretty financially driven and not even I would be able to turn up and take my place in the dugout in front of thousands of my own fans knowing I’m drawing tens and tens of thousands of pounds every week out of the club that is going down the pan.

I would either be deferring my salary to the end of the season or stepping aside. I would feel my position was untenable. His remit is to lead the club to safety yet financially crippling it. It’s a clear conflict.

His remit is whatever was written into his contract. It's not his responsibility to ensure Mel Morris' company stays solvent.
Derby entering administration on 14:32 - Sep 18 with 1433 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby entering administration on 14:29 - Sep 18 by jasper_T

His remit is whatever was written into his contract. It's not his responsibility to ensure Mel Morris' company stays solvent.

Nobody is suggesting he is contractually obliged to.

For all the reasons I just stated.

Derby entering administration on 14:33 - Sep 18 with 1435 viewsKeithHaynes

And Wayne Rooney heard the news on sky sports 😂😲

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derby entering administration on 21:04 - Sep 19 with 1288 viewsWalterBoyd

It's a shame
Derby entering administration on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 1222 viewsandypitt56

Derby entering administration on 21:04 - Sep 19 by WalterBoyd

It's a shame

They don't have anything to sell, the dodgy stadium deal etc has royally effed them. I don't see anyway back from this. Cant believe this is still happening, hopefully the reforms the EFL are trying to bring it gets another boosts off the back of this.
Derby entering administration on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 1142 viewsItchySphincter

Derby entering administration on 21:04 - Sep 19 by WalterBoyd

It's a shame

It’s a shame it’s not Cardiff.

*fixed.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024