Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 11th December 09:42 - Sep 26 with 4356 viewspikeypaul

So who will be giving the guy who got us to Wembley last season a decent reception on December 11th?
Remember he got us there despite the hedge fund selling any tools he had too work with.which could earn them a dollar.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Cooper 11th December on 10:20 - Sep 26 with 3228 viewsSwans9

I hope he gets a good reception we were beaten by a very good Brentford side. He worked hard for us and I hope he does well. Other teams fans seem to rate him but our fans are divided over him. All best Cooper and Tate.
Cooper 11th December on 11:03 - Sep 26 with 3171 viewsBadlands

Cooper 11th December on 10:20 - Sep 26 by Swans9

I hope he gets a good reception we were beaten by a very good Brentford side. He worked hard for us and I hope he does well. Other teams fans seem to rate him but our fans are divided over him. All best Cooper and Tate.

We didn't turn up in that final, it was embarrassing.
Worked hard! Blamed everyone and anyone when we lost took all the praise when we won.
The more dire football since Monk.
Not a manager I'll look back on with any fondness.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper 11th December on 11:10 - Sep 26 with 3158 viewsDr_Parnassus

I don’t condone cheering any opposition manager or player, Cooper included. I heard the fans chanting Potters name at Brighton, couldn’t believe my ears.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper 11th December on 11:11 - Sep 26 with 3162 viewspencoedjack

I dislike most ex managers including

Rodgers & Martinez who done a lot more than Cooper for the Swans.

They are nothing to do with my football club anymore so in summary it’s a no from me.

Tatey deserves a team of Alan Tates tune mind.
Cooper 11th December on 11:18 - Sep 26 with 3134 viewsCatullus

Cooper 11th December on 10:20 - Sep 26 by Swans9

Forest fans didn't rate him, they were moaning at the thought of having him!

He's nothing to do with us anymore. I don't wish him failure (except when he plays us) but I won't be giving him a cheer either.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cooper 11th December on 11:23 - Sep 26 with 3117 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 11:18 - Sep 26 by Catullus

Forest fans didn't rate him, they were moaning at the thought of having him!

He's nothing to do with us anymore. I don't wish him failure (except when he plays us) but I won't be giving him a cheer either.

Not sure that’s true, maybe some weren’t happy with the appointment but that’s usually the case with all appointments. It’s rare you get universal excitement, especially when a club is bottom of the league and all the negativity that surrounds that… and especially a club the size of Forest.

I had a read of their forum last week and most of them seemed very positive. Their poll also showed “yes” to appoint him, almost double voted yes than any other selection.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 11:29]

Cooper 11th December on 13:58 - Sep 26 with 3012 viewsonehunglow

Silence surely the best option.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper 11th December on 14:56 - Sep 26 with 2978 viewsThornburyswan

For me more of a meh . . . . . . bit like watching his teams when he was here.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper 11th December on 15:36 - Sep 26 with 2949 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper is ideal for Nottingham Forest who have some dead wood to clear out or re programme. Cooper was not a good fit for Swansea City. A pragmatist amongst pragmatists. Not what he projected in interview or preached to the press.

He would say after every game. "We could not play like we really want to play" because of
a) the pitch
b) the weather conditions
c) the opposition.

This was PR spin. As results were good no one really could argue.

I cut him slack and always regarded Cooperball as a foundation style upon which something better could be built upon. The fast track to do this was importing new ideas and coaching philosophies particularly ones involving improved past accuracy in all areas of the pitch.

Logically this could have included Britton or Routledge apostles of Martinez, Brendan Laudrup and even Potter already at the club. This would have seen evolution and a development of Coopers own knowledge base.

I suspect the "we will do what we do and it will not change" arrogance saw him depart from the club philosophy and management declining to provide him with the "bumper new deal" he felt he deserved.

He did not like the "club's direction of travel". Too right. The direction of travel is a controlled possession based attacking team that does not use excuses for it non appliance. A philosophy that is applied irrespective of the pitch the weather and the opposition.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper 11th December on 16:08 - Sep 26 with 2911 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 15:36 - Sep 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper is ideal for Nottingham Forest who have some dead wood to clear out or re programme. Cooper was not a good fit for Swansea City. A pragmatist amongst pragmatists. Not what he projected in interview or preached to the press.

He would say after every game. "We could not play like we really want to play" because of
a) the pitch
b) the weather conditions
c) the opposition.

This was PR spin. As results were good no one really could argue.

I cut him slack and always regarded Cooperball as a foundation style upon which something better could be built upon. The fast track to do this was importing new ideas and coaching philosophies particularly ones involving improved past accuracy in all areas of the pitch.

Logically this could have included Britton or Routledge apostles of Martinez, Brendan Laudrup and even Potter already at the club. This would have seen evolution and a development of Coopers own knowledge base.

I suspect the "we will do what we do and it will not change" arrogance saw him depart from the club philosophy and management declining to provide him with the "bumper new deal" he felt he deserved.

He did not like the "club's direction of travel". Too right. The direction of travel is a controlled possession based attacking team that does not use excuses for it non appliance. A philosophy that is applied irrespective of the pitch the weather and the opposition.

…and yet our only league two wins this season has come when we have had our least possession by some distance and most long balls.

Martin isn’t a stupid man, you can tell that from the way he speaks, he’s switched on. What he has tried with this group hasn’t worked out as he planned, he’s subtly trying to find a middle ground and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

If this continues and he does indeed continue to learn like that, he may well become one of my favourite managers. I love a manager who is able to adapt on the fly and not afraid to back down from a plan that isn’t working.

Cooper 11th December on 18:42 - Sep 26 with 2861 viewsjackrmee

I'm not opposed to giving him a clap once.
I don't particularly have fond feelings of Cooper. I didn't want him sacked, but I wasn't enamoured with what he was doing either. Was definitely not upset when he left. But I still think he did his best while he was here and that's what counts to me.

I would definitely clap some ex players or managers.
Some more than others.
I would have given Potter a clap if I was there last week.
I would clap Dan J.
Defo give Ollie a clap and even a standing ovation.
Roberto and Brendan would get a clap from me too.
Most players I would. I met Bauza once and would have definitely clapped him.
Anyone who tries their best for this club deserves a clap at least IMO.

I'm not of the opinion that once a player/manager leaves, he is to be forgoetten.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper 11th December on 22:34 - Sep 26 with 2800 viewsItchySphincter

Cooper 11th December on 11:23 - Sep 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure that’s true, maybe some weren’t happy with the appointment but that’s usually the case with all appointments. It’s rare you get universal excitement, especially when a club is bottom of the league and all the negativity that surrounds that… and especially a club the size of Forest.

I had a read of their forum last week and most of them seemed very positive. Their poll also showed “yes” to appoint him, almost double voted yes than any other selection.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 11:29]

If he gets Forest the results he got us by playing that brand of cowardly, turgid, non-creative, non-attacking, sh!t the bed football, it will be an improvement for them and they should be happy. Unfortunately it was a backward step for us. Apples and oranges.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cooper 11th December on 22:38 - Sep 26 with 2795 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 22:34 - Sep 26 by ItchySphincter

If he gets Forest the results he got us by playing that brand of cowardly, turgid, non-creative, non-attacking, sh!t the bed football, it will be an improvement for them and they should be happy. Unfortunately it was a backward step for us. Apples and oranges.

Well that style is far more attacking than what we have currently so not entirely sure I understand that view.

I can only assume you are bored maybe.

Cooper 11th December on 22:43 - Sep 26 with 2788 viewsItchySphincter

Cooper 11th December on 22:38 - Sep 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that style is far more attacking than what we have currently so not entirely sure I understand that view.

I can only assume you are bored maybe.

I don’t care if you understand or not. We are more of an attacking side now, I can’t help it that you can’t see it.

I can only assume you are bored.

Cooper 11th December on 22:45 - Sep 26 with 2782 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 22:43 - Sep 26 by ItchySphincter

I don’t care if you understand or not. We are more of an attacking side now, I can’t help it that you can’t see it.

I can only assume you are bored.

We aren't, what you may mean is you want us to be more of an attacking side.

Me too.

Cooper 11th December on 23:00 - Sep 26 with 2775 viewsChief

Boo and abuse his scabby team before and during the match.

Politely clap him after it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper 11th December on 00:55 - Sep 27 with 2756 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cooper 11th December on 11:11 - Sep 26 by pencoedjack

I dislike most ex managers including

Rodgers & Martinez who done a lot more than Cooper for the Swans.

They are nothing to do with my football club anymore so in summary it’s a no from me.

Tatey deserves a team of Alan Tates tune mind.

Martinez and Rodgers did more for this club than Alan Tate could possibly do in a thousand lifetimes.

As did Steve Cooper. Alan Tate is just another player, albeit one who played in "that" game and wasn't moved on when he should have been (we can debate whether that was for sentimental reasons or not). He should have been nowhere near our playing squad when we kicked off against Manchester City all those years ago.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Cooper 11th December on 01:04 - Sep 27 with 2758 viewsWalterBoyd

Cooper 11th December on 00:55 - Sep 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Martinez and Rodgers did more for this club than Alan Tate could possibly do in a thousand lifetimes.

As did Steve Cooper. Alan Tate is just another player, albeit one who played in "that" game and wasn't moved on when he should have been (we can debate whether that was for sentimental reasons or not). He should have been nowhere near our playing squad when we kicked off against Manchester City all those years ago.

Can't argue with that. Fair points well made.
Cooper 11th December on 03:56 - Sep 27 with 2724 viewsKilkennyjack

He is a Cardiff fan mind …..

Beware of the Risen People

Cooper 11th December on 08:43 - Sep 27 with 2676 viewsItchySphincter

Cooper 11th December on 22:45 - Sep 26 by Dr_Parnassus

We aren't, what you may mean is you want us to be more of an attacking side.

Me too.

I want us to be yes, and we are. I know you can provide numbers to ‘prove’ we are not but we are. I’m in the fortunate position of having only missed one home game this season and with my own eyes I can see that it is very clear that as a unit we are on the offensive far more often than last season, partly by playing a lot higher up the pitch. Cooper’s possession game was based in our own final third with the out all being a hopeful hoof up to the centre circle.

I don’t think we’re too far apart on Russ, where we differ is on our opinions of what Cooperball was.

Cooper 11th December on 09:01 - Sep 27 with 2667 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 08:43 - Sep 27 by ItchySphincter

I want us to be yes, and we are. I know you can provide numbers to ‘prove’ we are not but we are. I’m in the fortunate position of having only missed one home game this season and with my own eyes I can see that it is very clear that as a unit we are on the offensive far more often than last season, partly by playing a lot higher up the pitch. Cooper’s possession game was based in our own final third with the out all being a hopeful hoof up to the centre circle.

I don’t think we’re too far apart on Russ, where we differ is on our opinions of what Cooperball was.

No, we aren’t. As you have been shown.

Not even close.

Less shots on target, less goals, less goal attempts, less points.

If your eyes are telling you that we are attacking more then you may need new eyes. Playing “higher up the pitch” doesn’t mean more attacking.

AgIn you are confusing yourself with possession. The more you have the deeper the opposition sit, often intentionally so. You then have to turn that possession in good areas into attacks (shots, chances, goals, attempts). If you don’t then you aren’t attacking very well.

Cooper 11th December on 09:40 - Sep 27 with 2653 viewsItchySphincter

Cooper 11th December on 09:01 - Sep 27 by Dr_Parnassus

No, we aren’t. As you have been shown.

Not even close.

Less shots on target, less goals, less goal attempts, less points.

If your eyes are telling you that we are attacking more then you may need new eyes. Playing “higher up the pitch” doesn’t mean more attacking.

AgIn you are confusing yourself with possession. The more you have the deeper the opposition sit, often intentionally so. You then have to turn that possession in good areas into attacks (shots, chances, goals, attempts). If you don’t then you aren’t attacking very well.

Being as we are going to go around in circles with this all I say is that if you are adamant that Cooper’s side was more creative or attacking than this side I can’t agree, regardless of you’re shots stat. I’m not confused about anything. We’ll see what sort of side we really are as the season progresses.

Cooper 11th December on 09:50 - Sep 27 with 2648 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 09:40 - Sep 27 by ItchySphincter

Being as we are going to go around in circles with this all I say is that if you are adamant that Cooper’s side was more creative or attacking than this side I can’t agree, regardless of you’re shots stat. I’m not confused about anything. We’ll see what sort of side we really are as the season progresses.

That’s a prediction of what’s to come though, not an analysis of what’s been.

You may well have the correct opinion that we will become (key word) a more attacking team than we were under Cooper.

My issue is when you incorrectly say we already are, when we clearly aren’t, as you have been shown.

Cooper 11th December on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 2639 viewsDr_Parnassus

And as we are in a new thread discussing this, it will probably help to give first time readers some context surrounding it.

First 9 games under Cooper = 114 shots and 13 goals
First 9 games of 2nd Cooper season = 114 shots and 12 goals
First 9 games under Martin = 87 shots and 8 goals.

23% less attempts this season
9% less attempts on target this season
33% less goals this season

So again while some may wish to say they think we will become a more attacking side under Russ. It’s patently clear that currently, we aren’t.

Quite the opposite.

I share your hopes that we will become so however.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:32]

Cooper 11th December on 15:23 - Sep 27 with 2558 viewspencoedjack

Cooper 11th December on 18:42 - Sep 26 by jackrmee

I'm not opposed to giving him a clap once.
I don't particularly have fond feelings of Cooper. I didn't want him sacked, but I wasn't enamoured with what he was doing either. Was definitely not upset when he left. But I still think he did his best while he was here and that's what counts to me.

I would definitely clap some ex players or managers.
Some more than others.
I would have given Potter a clap if I was there last week.
I would clap Dan J.
Defo give Ollie a clap and even a standing ovation.
Roberto and Brendan would get a clap from me too.
Most players I would. I met Bauza once and would have definitely clapped him.
Anyone who tries their best for this club deserves a clap at least IMO.

I'm not of the opinion that once a player/manager leaves, he is to be forgoetten.

Your a better man than me fella.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024