Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight 17:09 - Sep 27 with 5574 viewsmagicdaps10

Said that he left the minute Ayew left and didn't fancy the challenge ahead in his 3rd year with us.

Unfair or something that you couldn't argue with?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 17:55 - Sep 27 with 2499 viewsmax936

I'm calling bolloks on this one, absolute bolloks at that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 17:59 - Sep 27 with 2497 viewsKeithHaynes

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 17:55 - Sep 27 by max936

I'm calling bolloks on this one, absolute bolloks at that.

Holloway doesn’t like him, never had a good word to say.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 18:14 - Sep 27 with 2470 viewsReslovenSwan1

Its refreshing to see a bit of edge around the place. I remember when Swansea beat Leeds Utd Cooper made none of the traditional platitudes to Bielsa. In fact he suggested he had out thought the great man. Cooper was also sniffy about the club's owners while praising the fans. This is following the model of Benitez at Newcastle.

Cooper might be seen as the man from the FA with his background and family refereeing links. Warnock has made some unfair comment but Cooper did not take the bait. Warnock ridiculed Waren Joyce when he moved from youth football to the Championship.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 18:18 - Sep 27 with 2463 viewsChief

His version would be likelier had we not being continuing to pay Cooper and received compensation from another club for him.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 18:29 - Sep 27 with 2444 viewsSirjohnalot

Far be it from me to criticise anyone but Holloway comes across like a complete tit.
Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 20:53 - Sep 27 with 2313 views34dfgdf54

He’s not far wrong is he. Though I think his time was up regardless.

Watching Guehi tonight another reason I’d assume, what a signing by Cooper that was fair play, taking to the premier league like a duck to water.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 20:55]
Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 21:00 - Sep 27 with 2297 viewsmax936

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 20:53 - Sep 27 by 34dfgdf54

He’s not far wrong is he. Though I think his time was up regardless.

Watching Guehi tonight another reason I’d assume, what a signing by Cooper that was fair play, taking to the premier league like a duck to water.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 20:55]

I very much doubt it that Cooper left because Ayew was offski, it seemed obvious he didn't want to be here after the debacle in January, him and SCFC had grown apart, the parting of the ways was best for both parties, I feel.

Plus we don't really know what went on or if anything did go on, rumour seemed to be that him and Winters didn't think much of each other, we'll never know though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 21:12 - Sep 27 with 2287 views34dfgdf54

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 21:00 - Sep 27 by max936

I very much doubt it that Cooper left because Ayew was offski, it seemed obvious he didn't want to be here after the debacle in January, him and SCFC had grown apart, the parting of the ways was best for both parties, I feel.

Plus we don't really know what went on or if anything did go on, rumour seemed to be that him and Winters didn't think much of each other, we'll never know though.

Maybe Max.

Definitely agree him and SCFC grew apart. I’m genuinely interested to see how he does at Forest. He probably won’t have the old age grade international to call on loan, no Margetson, no Ayew. Keeping them up won’t be a problem I don’t think, but trying to build something next year may be more of a challenge.
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 21:20 - Sep 27 with 2277 viewsBadlands

The surrender of Wembley was the final nail in his coffin.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 22:54 - Sep 27 with 2183 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nobody can knock Coopers achievements with us so they try to knock his character, even when it makes absolutely no logical sense.

So he leaves when Ayew leaves… to a team with higher expectations, in a worse position…. that also doesn’t have Ayew.

Just nonsense.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 23:22 - Sep 27 with 2166 viewsReslovenSwan1

'Ayew leaving ' might be an euphemism for "parachute ending". Ollie might be coy about talking hard cash on the telly.

Cooper and Winter clearly did not see eye to eye. Peterson was the first problem. Peterson got a few minutes at Newport county and did not feature again similar to the 17 min Arriola got. Both experienced international footballers compared to Cullen who is not.

Peterson agent had found him a new club in Germany and he presumably told Winter he was off and to accept a reasonable fee for his release. Winter was in a tight spot and made the right call with the clock ticking. Cooper appeared to take this correct decision badly blaming perhaps Winter rather than Peterson and his agent. Swansea had one winger Narsingh taking money for nothing who refused to go anywhere under Potter.

Club signings Arriola, Manning and Goykeres were other players under used and presumably unhappy. Discontent at not having a proper centre forward look pretty hollow now with Goykeres smashing them in for Coventry. Peterson could also play up front and people are demanding to see more of Whitaker.

Coopers sniffy response to the January signing was terminal if he failed to deliver a Wembley win in my opinion. I said it at the time actually. Arriola is a Yankee crock and Englishman Morgan Gibbs White is just 'unlucky'.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 23:30 - Sep 27 with 2146 viewsDr_Parnassus

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 23:22 - Sep 27 by ReslovenSwan1

'Ayew leaving ' might be an euphemism for "parachute ending". Ollie might be coy about talking hard cash on the telly.

Cooper and Winter clearly did not see eye to eye. Peterson was the first problem. Peterson got a few minutes at Newport county and did not feature again similar to the 17 min Arriola got. Both experienced international footballers compared to Cullen who is not.

Peterson agent had found him a new club in Germany and he presumably told Winter he was off and to accept a reasonable fee for his release. Winter was in a tight spot and made the right call with the clock ticking. Cooper appeared to take this correct decision badly blaming perhaps Winter rather than Peterson and his agent. Swansea had one winger Narsingh taking money for nothing who refused to go anywhere under Potter.

Club signings Arriola, Manning and Goykeres were other players under used and presumably unhappy. Discontent at not having a proper centre forward look pretty hollow now with Goykeres smashing them in for Coventry. Peterson could also play up front and people are demanding to see more of Whitaker.

Coopers sniffy response to the January signing was terminal if he failed to deliver a Wembley win in my opinion. I said it at the time actually. Arriola is a Yankee crock and Englishman Morgan Gibbs White is just 'unlucky'.

I doubt it very much, that would be another scenario that makes no sense at all.

For a start he didn’t get to see much of that parachute money. We have spent almost three times on transfer fees this season alone than in Coopers 2 years combined. You love net spend, that came in as minus £44m in Coopers two terms. Minus.

Secondly, of course, “leaves a club because parachute payments have ended”…. to go to another club that doesn’t have any parachute payments.

Before attempting to sway the narrative to slate a successful ex manager of ours people really should check to see if it makes logical sense first.

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 23:43 - Sep 27 with 2142 viewsDr_Parnassus

Here is this seasons spending league:-

Fulham 19.8m
Middlesbrough 6.86m
…………………………………
Swansea 5.4m
Stoke 4.19m
Bournemouth 2.61m
QPR 1.67m
………………………………..
Bristol City 1.44m
Preston 1.26m
Coventry 1.08m
Blackpool 788k
Blackburn 520k
WBA zero
Sheff Utd zero
Reading zero
Peterborough zero
Millwall zero
Luton Town zero
Hull City zero
Derby County zero
Cardiff City zero
Huddersfield zero
……………………………….
Birmingham - zero
Barnsley - zero
Forest - zero

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 07:10 - Sep 28 with 2081 viewsChief

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 23:22 - Sep 27 by ReslovenSwan1

- Holloway like most outsiders is probably not conversant with the actual situation. Such as the Swans still paying Cooper and Forest paying him a wage.

- And both who were showed to be less use to the team than Cullen.

- what key pieces are you deliberately omitting from that Peterson sale there then? Obviously because it makes Winter look terrible, but come on be fair - give the full version.

- Gyorkeres was terrible for us when he played. How on earth anyone can suggest he should have been more game is beyond me. Players do better at other clubs and at other times. Doesn't mean he would have been any good for us last season. He wasn't Very good at Coventry last season either. Easy to come out with comments about cooper not playing him enough but people forget how bad he was &also don't consider who he would have played instead of and when. These are generally the same people who moan at cooper for playing loan players also. Arriola similar. We've been through this many times, you keep mentioning his lack of playing time all for an extra 30minutes you think he should have played in 1 game last January. Bizarre.

- whys that then? Aren't you implying yourself further up your own post that he walked? Why then would being outspoken about the board matter? Are you now saying he was sacked? MGW is a younger, better player fully aware & used to the rigours&intensity of the league than Arriola. They are even comparable.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 08:00 - Sep 28 with 2039 viewsDr_Parnassus

That’s a very good post Chief.

The great thing about being neutral is you see extreme bias with ease, it jumps off the screen because often it just doesn’t make sense.

This viewpoint is a bit like an Englishman who can only speak English, leaving Spain because he couldn’t speak the language and moving to France.

Unless Forest signed Ayew without any of us noticing, I think the old fella is missing the limelight a bit.

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 08:03 - Sep 28 with 2035 viewsDr_Parnassus

Also, how is this for irony.

Holloway resigned as Grimsby boss when it looked certain they would be relegated in his last post.

“Since his resignation, Holloway has drawn criticism in both the nature of his departure and the state and quality of the team that he had put together during the summer, with the squad he left behind bloated in numbers and lacking in quality.[59][60] Holloway went on to state that he was unsure whether he would return to football management again, saying his appetite for football has diminished.[61] On 29 January, Holloway stated that he had left the club in a better position than when he arrived, this is despite the club being in embroiled in a relegation battle with a squad that seemed destined for relegation.[62]

What a clown

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 08:55 - Sep 28 with 2002 viewsKilkennyjack

Holloway loved the Swansea Way.

Cooperball probably had the same joyless impact on him as the rest of us.

Holloway hates Cardiff.

Beware of the Risen People

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:13 - Sep 28 with 1956 viewsItchySphincter

Lots of managers leave their post when they realise they’ve take a team as far as they can and that their chairman will not give them the funds to have another tilt at it. No many people could stomach that vote of no confidence. Lampard left Derby when he was told he wouldn’t have the resources he’d had when he took them to the play-off final. The wage bill at Derby went from less than 20M per year to more the 40M during his time, it was a roll of the dice that would have paid off if they’d gone up, now they have to pull the plug. Cooper was never going to improve his position.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:31 - Sep 28 with 1926 viewsDr_Parnassus

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:13 - Sep 28 by ItchySphincter

Lots of managers leave their post when they realise they’ve take a team as far as they can and that their chairman will not give them the funds to have another tilt at it. No many people could stomach that vote of no confidence. Lampard left Derby when he was told he wouldn’t have the resources he’d had when he took them to the play-off final. The wage bill at Derby went from less than 20M per year to more the 40M during his time, it was a roll of the dice that would have paid off if they’d gone up, now they have to pull the plug. Cooper was never going to improve his position.

To improve on that would mean breaking our all time championship points tally.

I doubt any other manager will improve on it either.

Reckon Russ will?

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:44 - Sep 28 with 1925 viewsItchySphincter

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:31 - Sep 28 by Dr_Parnassus

To improve on that would mean breaking our all time championship points tally.

I doubt any other manager will improve on it either.

Reckon Russ will?

Don’t know. If he gets us promoted he will have improved our position. If he gets to the playoffs or play off final he will have equaled it. I would have that that much is obvious.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 10:46]

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:52 - Sep 28 with 1906 viewsDr_Parnassus

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:44 - Sep 28 by ItchySphincter

Don’t know. If he gets us promoted he will have improved our position. If he gets to the playoffs or play off final he will have equaled it. I would have that that much is obvious.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 10:46]

Depends how he does it and what transpires if he does.

There are tangible rewards for getting to the play off final and of course writing your own piece of history is not something to be sniffed at.

Promotion I would say will surpass Coopers achievements, without promotion however we would need one hell of a season to say he equalled it. Play off final and joint record points will need to be bettered/equalled.

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:57 - Sep 28 with 1906 viewsItchySphincter

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:52 - Sep 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Depends how he does it and what transpires if he does.

There are tangible rewards for getting to the play off final and of course writing your own piece of history is not something to be sniffed at.

Promotion I would say will surpass Coopers achievements, without promotion however we would need one hell of a season to say he equalled it. Play off final and joint record points will need to be bettered/equalled.

I think that’s your personal gauge. If he gets to PO or PO final he will have equaled achievements, regardless of points tallies. Don’t you think?

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:59 - Sep 28 with 1894 viewsDr_Parnassus

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 10:57 - Sep 28 by ItchySphincter

I think that’s your personal gauge. If he gets to PO or PO final he will have equaled achievements, regardless of points tallies. Don’t you think?

Nothing to do with my personal gauge, it’s about tangible reward.

So it depends on which one you decide upon before I can answer that. Play offs or play off final?

One answer will be no the other will be broadly yes, separated by other factors.

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 11:08 - Sep 28 with 1898 viewsItchySphincter

League position is the defining measure, points tally is irrelevant. If Russ finishes the season on 81 points but outside of the playoffs he will have had a less successful season than Cooper. If he finishes on 79 points and gets promoted through the playoffs he will have been more successful. I don’t think it’s particularly debatable.

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 11:11 - Sep 28 with 1887 viewsDr_Parnassus

Holloway knocks Steve Cooper for lack of fight on 11:08 - Sep 28 by ItchySphincter

League position is the defining measure, points tally is irrelevant. If Russ finishes the season on 81 points but outside of the playoffs he will have had a less successful season than Cooper. If he finishes on 79 points and gets promoted through the playoffs he will have been more successful. I don’t think it’s particularly debatable.

That isn’t what you said though.

You said if he gets to the playoffs then he has equalled his record. That’s certainly not true.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024