| Katie Price 16:33 - Sep 28 with 5653 views | britferry | What a thick arrogant bint, she should go to jail for this Katie Price is 'hospitalised and arrested after alleged 'drink and drug drive crash' while serving six-month driving ban - and now faces jail after SIX previous motoring offences - Ex-glamour model was said to be 'in a bad way' when police arrived at crash before being taken to hospital - Mother-of-five is currently without a driving licence after being disqualified for two years in October 2019 - Incident comes hours after she told Good Morning Britain of pain at not being able to drive to visit Harvey I bet she'll play the "Harvey card" in court and get away without serving any time |  |
| |  |
| Katie Price on 08:53 - Sep 29 with 1046 views | Dr_Parnassus |
| Katie Price on 20:47 - Sep 28 by londonlisa2001 | It’s a TV show, not the actual SAS would be my guess. I don’t disagree with the punishment if she is guilty, I’m just making the point that I feel sorry for her - I think she’s had a rotten life. Many people who end up inside have had. Some are just bad. I don’t she is the latter. |
Same, I tend to agree. She’s not a bad person at all, just an extremely damaged one. You can tell that with her plastic surgery addiction. Not a happy person at all, and while she gets rotten abuse for her parenting, her children seem to be lovely, and what she has provided for Harvey has been very impressive. They all seem to be extremely happy children. I hope she gets the help she needs. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 10:16 - Sep 29 with 988 views | onehunglow |
| Katie Price on 08:53 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus | Same, I tend to agree. She’s not a bad person at all, just an extremely damaged one. You can tell that with her plastic surgery addiction. Not a happy person at all, and while she gets rotten abuse for her parenting, her children seem to be lovely, and what she has provided for Harvey has been very impressive. They all seem to be extremely happy children. I hope she gets the help she needs. |
Or the other view that most if not all her worse are self inflicted. Rotten lives abound and through no fault of their own. Few have had the chances Price had to be comfortable for life financially. The cost of her plastic surgery alone could have seen her avoid bankruptcy. She lived above her means when most have to or suffer .When they do,the general public wont be aware as they are with her. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 12:32 - Sep 29 with 950 views | PawelAbbott |
| Katie Price on 20:47 - Sep 28 by londonlisa2001 | It’s a TV show, not the actual SAS would be my guess. I don’t disagree with the punishment if she is guilty, I’m just making the point that I feel sorry for her - I think she’s had a rotten life. Many people who end up inside have had. Some are just bad. I don’t she is the latter. |
I would say that she has had one hell of a fortunate life. She has made millions from her looks and her celebrity status. She has come back from her glamour modelling career to make more money as an author and just general celebrity with magazine deals, perfumes etc. It's just that her repeated poor choices have left her where she is now. She is broke and yet holidays in 5 star hotels in luxury resorts. She has had a more fortunate life than 99% of the population I would say |  | |  |
| Katie Price on 12:38 - Sep 29 with 947 views | Lohengrin |
| Katie Price on 12:32 - Sep 29 by PawelAbbott | I would say that she has had one hell of a fortunate life. She has made millions from her looks and her celebrity status. She has come back from her glamour modelling career to make more money as an author and just general celebrity with magazine deals, perfumes etc. It's just that her repeated poor choices have left her where she is now. She is broke and yet holidays in 5 star hotels in luxury resorts. She has had a more fortunate life than 99% of the population I would say |
And more tools than Screwfix... |  |
| An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it. |
|  |
| Katie Price on 12:48 - Sep 29 with 942 views | londonlisa2001 |
| Katie Price on 12:32 - Sep 29 by PawelAbbott | I would say that she has had one hell of a fortunate life. She has made millions from her looks and her celebrity status. She has come back from her glamour modelling career to make more money as an author and just general celebrity with magazine deals, perfumes etc. It's just that her repeated poor choices have left her where she is now. She is broke and yet holidays in 5 star hotels in luxury resorts. She has had a more fortunate life than 99% of the population I would say |
Presumably apart from being raped when she was 7? And abused again when she was 12? And the nature of her child’s disabilities? Would you really swap that for money? I wouldn’t take her life in a million years however many luxury hotels she’s stayed in. Her childhood experiences will have caused so much of her trauma and led to her ‘poor choices’ as you call them. |  | |  |
| Katie Price on 12:48 - Sep 29 with 935 views | Dr_Parnassus |
| Katie Price on 12:32 - Sep 29 by PawelAbbott | I would say that she has had one hell of a fortunate life. She has made millions from her looks and her celebrity status. She has come back from her glamour modelling career to make more money as an author and just general celebrity with magazine deals, perfumes etc. It's just that her repeated poor choices have left her where she is now. She is broke and yet holidays in 5 star hotels in luxury resorts. She has had a more fortunate life than 99% of the population I would say |
Money doesn’t equal happiness though. A lot of people strive for money only to realise it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Preferable than being dirt poor, for sure. But with it brings its own problems and stresses. Look at how many celebrities end up committing suicide. 38 people have committed suicide that have been on reality TV, that’s a frightening number. They have fame and money, yet they don’t have happiness. Fame and celebrity is an ugly world. People create it for themselves on social media these days to a point they actually feel like a public figure with people hanging on their every tweet or status update. The truth is nobody gives a toss what they say. As a result I would say there will be more mental health and suicide cases in the next 10-20 years than we have ever seen before. That includes war time and the Great Depression. A really good friend of a friend committed suicide after being on Love Island. He had everything going for him from the outside perspective, happy he most certainly was not however. It’s an evil illness is mental health and thrown about far too flippantly on here for my liking. [Post edited 29 Sep 2021 12:50]
|  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 13:19 - Sep 29 with 907 views | PawelAbbott |
| Katie Price on 12:48 - Sep 29 by londonlisa2001 | Presumably apart from being raped when she was 7? And abused again when she was 12? And the nature of her child’s disabilities? Would you really swap that for money? I wouldn’t take her life in a million years however many luxury hotels she’s stayed in. Her childhood experiences will have caused so much of her trauma and led to her ‘poor choices’ as you call them. |
And how many others go through the same? Many, many other people who then don't go on to make millions. Do all people with disabled children go off the rails and feel that they can drive when drunk and disqualified? I know many that don't. |  | |  |
| Katie Price on 13:25 - Sep 29 with 892 views | PawelAbbott |
| Katie Price on 12:48 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus | Money doesn’t equal happiness though. A lot of people strive for money only to realise it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Preferable than being dirt poor, for sure. But with it brings its own problems and stresses. Look at how many celebrities end up committing suicide. 38 people have committed suicide that have been on reality TV, that’s a frightening number. They have fame and money, yet they don’t have happiness. Fame and celebrity is an ugly world. People create it for themselves on social media these days to a point they actually feel like a public figure with people hanging on their every tweet or status update. The truth is nobody gives a toss what they say. As a result I would say there will be more mental health and suicide cases in the next 10-20 years than we have ever seen before. That includes war time and the Great Depression. A really good friend of a friend committed suicide after being on Love Island. He had everything going for him from the outside perspective, happy he most certainly was not however. It’s an evil illness is mental health and thrown about far too flippantly on here for my liking. [Post edited 29 Sep 2021 12:50]
|
Which brings us back to the beginning. She has been caught driving illegally 6 times. If that is due to her mental health and removing her license hasn't worked, then the only thing that will is incarceration. |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Katie Price on 13:29 - Sep 29 with 886 views | Dr_Parnassus |
| Katie Price on 13:19 - Sep 29 by PawelAbbott | And how many others go through the same? Many, many other people who then don't go on to make millions. Do all people with disabled children go off the rails and feel that they can drive when drunk and disqualified? I know many that don't. |
If you ever want to know about mental health and fame/money. Then listening to Tyson Fury and what he went through is a great starting point. He said he was a multi millionaire several times over, reached his lifelong ambition of being heavyweight champion of the world - yet wanted to die and has never been so unhappy in all his life, tried to drive off a bridge despite having everything most people desire. Once mental illness gets a hold of you, money doesn’t make a blind bit of difference. It’s not fortunate at all regardless of what material possessions or social status you have. I would also rather be well outside the public eye regardless of my bank account should that ever happen to me, being in the public eye while going through that must be one of the biggest curses you could have, I wouldn’t see that as fortunate in any way shape or form. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 13:31 - Sep 29 with 885 views | Dr_Parnassus |
| Katie Price on 13:25 - Sep 29 by PawelAbbott | Which brings us back to the beginning. She has been caught driving illegally 6 times. If that is due to her mental health and removing her license hasn't worked, then the only thing that will is incarceration. |
Well yes, that’s what the judicial system will no doubt say and it’s hard to not agree as it’s what happens to everyone… but in terms of helping her - I don’t think that’s the answer. She needs professional help, a proper intervention. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 13:41 - Sep 29 with 881 views | Sirjohnalot |
| Katie Price on 12:32 - Sep 29 by PawelAbbott | I would say that she has had one hell of a fortunate life. She has made millions from her looks and her celebrity status. She has come back from her glamour modelling career to make more money as an author and just general celebrity with magazine deals, perfumes etc. It's just that her repeated poor choices have left her where she is now. She is broke and yet holidays in 5 star hotels in luxury resorts. She has had a more fortunate life than 99% of the population I would say |
Simple question. Would you swap with her ? |  | |  |
| Katie Price on 16:51 - Sep 29 with 815 views | DwightYorkeSuperstar | I hope she gets the help she desperately needs. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 16:57 - Sep 29 with 813 views | Treforys_Jack |
| Katie Price on 16:51 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar | I hope she gets the help she desperately needs. |
She has all the avenues to get help, far more than the average person. Hope she gets the book thrown at her, mistakes are fine, but repeated over and over, endangering other people, sorry that's out of order.Then people playing the mental health card for her, wow. I sincerely hope this is the wake up call in her life, but her past record doesn't suggest it will be. |  | |  |
| Katie Price on 17:03 - Sep 29 with 808 views | onehunglow |
| Katie Price on 16:57 - Sep 29 by Treforys_Jack | She has all the avenues to get help, far more than the average person. Hope she gets the book thrown at her, mistakes are fine, but repeated over and over, endangering other people, sorry that's out of order.Then people playing the mental health card for her, wow. I sincerely hope this is the wake up call in her life, but her past record doesn't suggest it will be. |
This selfish individual could have wiped out a kid /kids and she'd be mortified of course,as she would have been after the previous times she's been caught. We has had it all and blown it yet we are equating her with people who really do struggle to put food on the table .She has earned millions. No excuse for her or this. She knows it's wrong but feels she can do whatever she likes,as is the case with these "celebs". People need empathy for those that really are in sheete |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 18:01 - Sep 29 with 776 views | britferry | she'll get off without going to jail... Katie Price will check into The Priory rehab clinic after today admitting drink driving while disqualified after crashing her BMW following an all-night alcohol and drugs bender - before telling police: 'I took drugs, I should not be driving, I admit it all.' The mother-of-five was said to have been up through the night drinking and taking cocaine before leaving her Sussex property at 5am yesterday to pick up some more. The 43-year-old model pleaded guilty this afternoon at Crawley Magistrates' Court to three charges of drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance - one day after family and friends rallied round her following her arrest. Price, from Horsham, West Sussex, who is banned from driving, flipped her car on a country road at 6.20am yesterday near West Grinstead, which is close to her home. After being rescued by a local residents, Price was arrested on suspicion of driving while above the legal limit for alcohol and drugs - and tested positive for cocaine. The model told police: 'I was just going to my friend's house. I know I shouldn't. I've been banned four times. I took drugs. I should not be driving. I admit it all.' Price could still face jail when she is sentenced in December, but she will check into the Priory before then. The model has no driving licence after being disqualified for two years in October 2019 - and has been banned from the roads six times in total. The three charges were using a motor vehicle on a public place without third party insurance; driving while unfit to drive through drink; and driving while disqualified. She was taken to hospital but is not thought to have been badly injured. A charge of drug-driving was dropped by prosecutors in light of her guilty drink-driving plea. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 18:04 - Sep 29 with 767 views | KeithHaynes |
| Katie Price on 13:25 - Sep 29 by PawelAbbott | Which brings us back to the beginning. She has been caught driving illegally 6 times. If that is due to her mental health and removing her license hasn't worked, then the only thing that will is incarceration. |
She said on Monday “ I can’t go and see Harvey, he’s in Cheltenham and I can’t drive until Christmas “ Sounds like a lucid enough person to me when on the tv talking about herself. Sorry, but I’ve seen enough real helpless people during my working life, none of whom chased anything but the desire to be well again. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 18:06 - Sep 29 with 759 views | onehunglow |
| Katie Price on 18:01 - Sep 29 by britferry | she'll get off without going to jail... Katie Price will check into The Priory rehab clinic after today admitting drink driving while disqualified after crashing her BMW following an all-night alcohol and drugs bender - before telling police: 'I took drugs, I should not be driving, I admit it all.' The mother-of-five was said to have been up through the night drinking and taking cocaine before leaving her Sussex property at 5am yesterday to pick up some more. The 43-year-old model pleaded guilty this afternoon at Crawley Magistrates' Court to three charges of drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance - one day after family and friends rallied round her following her arrest. Price, from Horsham, West Sussex, who is banned from driving, flipped her car on a country road at 6.20am yesterday near West Grinstead, which is close to her home. After being rescued by a local residents, Price was arrested on suspicion of driving while above the legal limit for alcohol and drugs - and tested positive for cocaine. The model told police: 'I was just going to my friend's house. I know I shouldn't. I've been banned four times. I took drugs. I should not be driving. I admit it all.' Price could still face jail when she is sentenced in December, but she will check into the Priory before then. The model has no driving licence after being disqualified for two years in October 2019 - and has been banned from the roads six times in total. The three charges were using a motor vehicle on a public place without third party insurance; driving while unfit to drive through drink; and driving while disqualified. She was taken to hospital but is not thought to have been badly injured. A charge of drug-driving was dropped by prosecutors in light of her guilty drink-driving plea. |
And that sends what sort of message to those who feel above the law of the land and can do what they want.If it gores tyts up,then beg forgiveness before doing it again and again. Ideally, she should be banned for life as should all drink drivers after 3 offences. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 18:38 - Sep 29 with 740 views | raynor94 | So who is paying for bankrupt Katie to book into the Priory. Sorry, but she is making a mockery of the judicial system, just like the insulate mob |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 18:44 - Sep 29 with 734 views | onehunglow |
| Katie Price on 18:38 - Sep 29 by raynor94 | So who is paying for bankrupt Katie to book into the Priory. Sorry, but she is making a mockery of the judicial system, just like the insulate mob |
indeed so. It's depressing also to see the support she has. The very worst example |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 18:58 - Sep 29 with 707 views | Treforys_Jack | Glad her children weren't in the car and no other vehicle was involved, when she flipped it on the roof. |  | |  |
| Katie Price on 19:05 - Sep 29 with 697 views | KeithHaynes |
| Katie Price on 18:06 - Sep 29 by onehunglow | And that sends what sort of message to those who feel above the law of the land and can do what they want.If it gores tyts up,then beg forgiveness before doing it again and again. Ideally, she should be banned for life as should all drink drivers after 3 offences. |
Five year ban at least. She obviously has a good agent. |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 19:17 - Sep 29 with 683 views | Sirjohnalot |
| Katie Price on 18:38 - Sep 29 by raynor94 | So who is paying for bankrupt Katie to book into the Priory. Sorry, but she is making a mockery of the judicial system, just like the insulate mob |
She will pay. A deferred sentence is not unusal. if the mitigation is that this is what she needs to get help then sentence is deferred for it to happen. It clearly crosses the custody threshold. In order to get a suspended sentence, which is what her Solicitor will put to the court, it has to be shown that she has a realistic prospect of rehabilitation. Adjourning to this date will aim to show to the court that she can take the help she needs. A suspended sentence will come with unpaid work and probably a tag. Any breach will mean the sentence is likely activated. As far as celebrities getting it easier, that's a myth, if anything, they'll get harsher sentences as the Court will know the press will be watching them like a hawk. If her getting help in the Priory works and it stops her drinking/taking drugs, isn't that better, more protective for society ? That will be the argument to the court I am not commenting on the moral side of this and I have said what I would likely do, but, you are obliged to act 'without fear of favour' in your client's interests, as I would do for anyone of you irrespective of the offence (I've even repp'd a Cardiff fan..the look on his face when I told him where I was from was priceless : ) ) [Post edited 29 Sep 2021 19:20]
|  | |  |
| Katie Price on 19:31 - Sep 29 with 664 views | Catullus | I suppose the question for me is, if this was plain old Kathy Price from Cwmavon, same history, same record, what would the court do? If a trip to rehab could be arrange then I suppose they would defer the punishment. My problem with 'Katey' is she has been here and done this before. How many trips to the Priory has she had? Is she just doing it o avoid prison with no intent to actually reform or get better? |  |
|  |
| Katie Price on 19:40 - Sep 29 with 657 views | Sirjohnalot |
| Katie Price on 19:31 - Sep 29 by Catullus | I suppose the question for me is, if this was plain old Kathy Price from Cwmavon, same history, same record, what would the court do? If a trip to rehab could be arrange then I suppose they would defer the punishment. My problem with 'Katey' is she has been here and done this before. How many trips to the Priory has she had? Is she just doing it o avoid prison with no intent to actually reform or get better? |
The same Bench would do exactly the same thing, as I've said above, the courts are told that if the person has a realistic prospect of rehab, they should not sentence to an immediate custodial sentence. The whole point of the deferment for quite a lengthy period is to test her compliance. Any breach and it's straight to custody. Bearing in mind she has entered a GP at any early stage, max she can get is 4 months, in reality she won't get that, so we're looking at her serving something like 6 weeks. What is better for public safety ? |  | |  |
| Katie Price on 21:04 - Sep 29 with 624 views | Catullus |
| Katie Price on 19:40 - Sep 29 by Sirjohnalot | The same Bench would do exactly the same thing, as I've said above, the courts are told that if the person has a realistic prospect of rehab, they should not sentence to an immediate custodial sentence. The whole point of the deferment for quite a lengthy period is to test her compliance. Any breach and it's straight to custody. Bearing in mind she has entered a GP at any early stage, max she can get is 4 months, in reality she won't get that, so we're looking at her serving something like 6 weeks. What is better for public safety ? |
What is better for public safety....Price never getting in a car and driving ever again! What are the odds of that though? She'll do this again. |  |
|  |
| |