Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January 12:50 - Oct 5 with 3001 viewsSwansIndependent

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January 5th Oct 2021 12:45
Sources close to Swansea City have confirmed that Julian Winter will almost certainly be looking to cash in on what he can in January regards the sale of Swansea City’s captain. By then Matt Grimes will have only six months left on his contract. 1

Matt Grimes latest above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 12:54 - Oct 5 with 1944 viewsonehunglow

He is a great professional but IMO,hardly a great player for us.
He needs to go and frankly I would hand the captaincy over to either Bennett or yoing Downes and look to the future.

Grimes should be benched and we should be planning for life without him and now is a good time to start.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:03 - Oct 5 with 1945 viewsChief

The decision not to sell him on deadline day and then not get another creative attacking option as a result (allegedly) considering our lack of goals and points has to be seen as a bad one as it stands.

Especially if he's going in a few months anyway.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:15 - Oct 5 with 1905 viewsDr_Winston

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:03 - Oct 5 by Chief

The decision not to sell him on deadline day and then not get another creative attacking option as a result (allegedly) considering our lack of goals and points has to be seen as a bad one as it stands.

Agree.

Turning down £3m for him looked like a misstep at the time and nothing that's happened since has changed that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:17 - Oct 5 with 1903 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:15 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

Agree.

Turning down £3m for him looked like a misstep at the time and nothing that's happened since has changed that.

My thoughts are that agreement in principle changed the minute Silva got the job. He just wasn’t interested.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:20 - Oct 5 with 1877 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:03 - Oct 5 by Chief

Good point.Grimes holds us up.It is so obvious.

wE get rid and we should prosper. He rwally should be benched and allow the new captain to take charge.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 14:22 - Oct 5 with 1791 viewsReslovenSwan1

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:15 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

Agree.

I read somewhere the offer was as low as £1.5m. Sometimes in order to stop the downward negotiation the seller will just have to say. "Take it or leave it".

They left it. There is no point saying Grimes is worth £3m for example. No one is prepared to pay it. Better to take £500k and find a similar bargain elsewhere.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 15:22 - Oct 5 with 1704 views34dfgdf54

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 13:17 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

My thoughts are that agreement in principle changed the minute Silva got the job. He just wasn’t interested.

Apparently Silva spoke highly of him after the game at Craven Cottage so could well change his mind on that in Jan if he can get him cheap.
Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 15:45 - Oct 5 with 1677 viewsCatullus

He'll only leave if he chooses to surely? He may decide to let his contract run down so he can get a better deal from whoever else wants him.

Myself I would have been quite happy to accept the 1.5 million and save his wages too. If we have a fit squad Grimes should be benched and we should go with what we'd have without him, Downes, Ntcham, Paterson Smith and Walsh in whatever configuration Martin chooses.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 16:58 - Oct 5 with 1601 viewsMoscowJack

Jesus, that was a difficult read. Maybe someone could proofread it before pressing send next time. It was quite painful, although I agree with the essence of what was written.

Grimes leaving will hopefully allow Dan Williams to get more first team experience and a bit more time on the pitch. He's the future of our midfield, until we sell him :)

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 17:02 - Oct 5 with 1592 viewspencoedjack

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 16:58 - Oct 5 by MoscowJack

Jesus, that was a difficult read. Maybe someone could proofread it before pressing send next time. It was quite painful, although I agree with the essence of what was written.

Grimes leaving will hopefully allow Dan Williams to get more first team experience and a bit more time on the pitch. He's the future of our midfield, until we sell him :)

Might be an idea to get him to sign a new contract then, his current ones ends the same time as Grimes.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-take-option-extend-daniel-williams
Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 17:23 - Oct 5 with 1562 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea should have told him sign a new deal or find another club in the Summer. As an promising player the ideal of missing a wholes season cannot be countenanced. The Fulham deal may have floundered on Grimes's own inflated salary requirements.

Asoro would still be at Swansea but Cooper told him he would not play the 20/21 season. for him. Sitting out 6 months is not so difficult.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 19:02 - Oct 5 with 1457 viewsmagicdaps10

Much more relaxed losing him since we signed Downes, think he is someone who can just take over from Grimes and feel he is a better player.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 19:12 - Oct 5 with 1435 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 19:02 - Oct 5 by magicdaps10

Much more relaxed losing him since we signed Downes, think he is someone who can just take over from Grimes and feel he is a better player.

Yep,he should be benched.We have players who can surely move the ball quicker as Martin wants -shirley.

I think Downes will prove to be an excellent buy and credit to those who signed him

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 19:16 - Oct 5 with 1436 viewsmagicdaps10

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 19:12 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

Yep,he should be benched.We have players who can surely move the ball quicker as Martin wants -shirley.

I think Downes will prove to be an excellent buy and credit to those who signed him

Downes is a superb player and so young... Will certainly get better.

So confident in him that as I say, Grimes going in Jan will be no issue at all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:09 - Oct 5 with 1368 viewsCatullus

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 17:23 - Oct 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea should have told him sign a new deal or find another club in the Summer. As an promising player the ideal of missing a wholes season cannot be countenanced. The Fulham deal may have floundered on Grimes's own inflated salary requirements.

Asoro would still be at Swansea but Cooper told him he would not play the 20/21 season. for him. Sitting out 6 months is not so difficult.

You've said that before but please, can you explain to me how that works? They cannot force Grimes to sign a contract nor force him to find a new club. If he decided to see out his contract all they can do is tell him he won't play, that is their only leverage. When the next window opens Grimes will have 6 months left won't he? At that point he can talk with other teams, negotiate a deal.
All we can do now is tell him to agree to leave in January or he won't play the rest of the season and hope he doesn't want to hang around but we will get hardly anything for him in January. Whereas, if he's willing to wait another 6 months he could have a good deal waiting.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:10 - Oct 5 with 1358 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 19:16 - Oct 5 by magicdaps10

Downes is a superb player and so young... Will certainly get better.

So confident in him that as I say, Grimes going in Jan will be no issue at all.

We need to look after him right now and make him skipper.
Grimes is history now.We need to face that.

Downes is the future.

We need to offer him a longer more lucrative contract and tie him down as best we can.

It's why I genuinely fear Martin .

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:11 - Oct 5 with 1361 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:10 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

We need to look after him right now and make him skipper.
Grimes is history now.We need to face that.

Downes is the future.

We need to offer him a longer more lucrative contract and tie him down as best we can.

It's why I genuinely fear Martin .

Get this, Downes will play for England.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:15 - Oct 5 with 1347 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:11 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

But not with us.
This is why we have to tie him down right now.
Russ has subbed him dont forget.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:17 - Oct 5 with 1347 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:15 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

But not with us.
This is why we have to tie him down right now.
Russ has subbed him dont forget.

Some folk said that about Jon Jo.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:26 - Oct 5 with 1324 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:17 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Some folk said that about Jon Jo.

History.
And yeah,I liked him

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:28 - Oct 5 with 1328 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:26 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

History.
And yeah,I liked him

Future.
I like Downes.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:31 - Oct 5 with 1315 viewsCatullus

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:28 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Future.
I like Downes.

I agree with you. We should already be looking at a new contract, Downes could be the player to build a team around. If Ntcham can stay fit we may have a decent midfield in the making.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:42 - Oct 5 with 1303 viewsMoscowJack

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 17:02 - Oct 5 by pencoedjack

Might be an idea to get him to sign a new contract then, his current ones ends the same time as Grimes.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-take-option-extend-daniel-williams

A year after Grimes, no?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:46 - Oct 5 with 1297 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:42 - Oct 5 by MoscowJack

A year after Grimes, no?

His deal ends in 2025.

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:58 - Oct 5 with 1276 viewsjasper_T

Matt Grimes will leave the swans in January on 20:11 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

He's going to have Declan Rice as direct competition for his entire career - only a week younger. Kalvin Phillips likely a mainstay for the foreseeable as well. England rarely short of centre midfielders, Ward-Prowse with almost a decade of PL experience is a standby list player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024